Back To You

By ShortandSweet01

#144 in Teen Fiction 4/8/16 Ten year old Natalia Johnson was the shy girl who usually kept to herself. The on... More

Old Town, New School
More Than A Memory
Lost My Appetite
Not the Only New Kid
New Neighbors
Little miss popular
So, You're A Whore?
Oh Fudge
Friendzoned
Playing Cupid
BAD Things Come To Those Who Wait
Time For Revenge
Jealousy Isn't Always Ugly
You Haven't Seen The Last Of Me
So Close Yet So Far
Making Amends
Night of Surprises
Night of Surprises: Part Two
Memory Lane
Blast From The Past
Author's Note
Vacation For A Day
Left In The Dark
Lucky
Catch Your Breath
Much To Learn
Game plan
Return of the Beast
No Social Ladder
Frenemies
Movie Night
Unmasked
Finally
Home For The Holidays

Keeping Secrets

16.5K 459 75
By ShortandSweet01

Chapter: 13

"Thanks so much for everything, Cutie." Trent said with a smile. He hugged me and stepped out through the front door.

"No problem." I said smiling back at him.

It had been a week since I got locked in a closet and arrested. Katelyn had yet to come up with a prank good enough for Rebecca. I had told my friends that it wasn't that big of a deal, and we could just forget about it but they were determined to 'avenge me', as Chase had put it. Today Trent had come over so that I could help him plan out how he was going to ask out Robyn. I was a little touched that he asked for my help when he could have just gone to Chrissy or Katelyn, or even Zander but I didn't question it. I also don't think he wanted a lot of people to know what he was planning so he asked me since I already knew.

He had been here all day. We spent four hours just throwing idea's around. He told me that he would come back another day so that we could get an actual plan going.

I closed the door and sighed. It was Sunday and my parents were out shopping for their anniversary trip in a month. They saved up money every year so that they could take a week off and travel somewhere. This year they were going on a cruise in Mexico. I stay home by myself while their away, which wasn't a problem since I haven't needed a babysitter since I was thirteen.

I went upstairs to my room and collapsed onto my bed with a sigh. I stared at my ceiling. It had been a fairly boring weekend. No one called or came over except for Trent today.

I didn't realize how tired I was until my mom was shaking me awake.

"Wake up, girl, dinner's ready." She said with a grin then turned and walked out.

I yawned and stretched before making my way into the kitchen where my parents were finishing up the last of dinner.

"Ah, my sleeping beauty awakens!" My Dad said dramatically.

I ignored him. "What did you guys get for the trip?" I asked as we sat down at table.

My mom smiled widely. "Oh my god, you will not believe what we bought!"

My dad sighed dramatically.

"Should I be scared?" I asked warily.

"No" "Yes" My parents spoke at the same time.

Mom rolled her eyes. "Oh calm down Jerry, you need to loosen up!" My mom teased him with his nickname from highschool. Since he was a lawyer now he preferred Jeremiah.

"I am loose, Ronnie, I just don't think that we should have spent so much money." He retorted.

"What did you buy?" I asked again.

"Oh, I'll show you!" My mom shot up from the table and ran out of the room. Seconds later she ran back in with a box in her hands. She stopped running before walking over to me and putting the box in my face.

An ipad. They bought and ipad.

"Why did you buy an ipad?" I asked them.

"Well, just picture it. Your father and I, sitting by the pool, soaking up the sun, when someone says, 'wow I wonder how hot it is!'" My mom started. "So then I can just break this baby out and-BAM! It says the temperature right here." She pointed to the weather app.

"Cell phones have weather apps too, Mom." I told her.

She frowned at me. "That's not the point though. It can also, uhm, tell time. And you can play games on it! It's like a little mini lap top."

I wanted to point out that a cell phone could do all of that too but I didn't want to burst her bubble.

"You're right mom! This was a great idea" I told her with a smile.

She beamed. "I know right!" She started showing me all of the games she had already downloaded as we finished dinner. Soon enough it was over and we were cleaning up the kitchen. Once the dishes were done I told my parents I was going up to my room.

The next morning was Monday. I crawled out of bed and shuffled into the bathroom to get ready. Twenty minutes later I was ready to go as I headed downstairs for breakfast. I was about to grab an apple when my mother's voice suddenly stopped me.

"Stop right there, missy." She said in a serious tone.

I turned towards her with an eyebrow raised. "Yeah, mom?"

Her serious face broke and she grinned widely then brought her hands from behind her back.

She held a McDonalds bag out to me.

I stared at her. "Uh, wha-"

"Take it, silly!" She exclaimed.

"But mom, why-"

"I told you I was going to buy you a real breakfast one of these days!" She said excitedly. "And I never ever break a promise."

I laughed. "So McDonalds counts as 'real'?" I took the bad from her.

"Well, it's better than one piece of fruit for breakfast!"

I opened the bag and smiled. It was an egg mcmuffin and a small bowl of oatmeal. I went over to my mom and hugged her.

"Thank you, mom." She hugged me back.

"Of course, Sweetie!" She pulled back and smiled widely. "Oh shoot, I need to go!" She rushed to grab her purse and car keys before flying out the door, throwing a 'catch you later' over her shoulder.

I laughed a little before sitting down and eating the breakfast that she bought for me. My parents may be gone a lot, but they made sure to show that they cared.

Cole and I pulled into the school parking lot and got out. We walked into the school before parting ways.

"Hey Nat." Robyn and Chrissy greeted me in the hallway.

I smiled. "Hey guys."

"Hey hotties." Zander said putting his arms over Robyn and Chrissy's shoulders. "Guess what!"

"What?" We all asked in unison.

"Austin Mastison came out on Friday!" He said excitedly.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"No way!" Robyn exclaimed.

"Dammit!" Chrissy yelled.

"What?" I asked.

They turned to me.

"Oh yeah, you don't know!" Zander said.

I shook my head.

"Last year Chrissy and I both liked this guy, Austin. But Chrissy was convinced that he was straight when I kept telling her that he was gay. So I bet her 20 bucks that he would come out by graduation. And guess who just won!" He yelled. "Pay up bitch!"

Chrissy rolled her eyes but still pulled out her wallet and handing him two 10 dollar bills.

"So, what now?" I asked.

They all thought for a minute before shrugging.

"I don't know." Zander said. "Oh! Let's bet on something else!"

I laughed. "I think you have a problem."

The bell rang and we went off to class. The day passed as boring as any other day in this uneventful school.

Lunch finally rolled around and I walked to my locker to put my ten pound books away before making my way toward the cafeteria. I walked through the doors and made my way in the direction of my table when someone grabbed me and pulled me to a stop. My heart stopped. I hadn't seen Rebecca all day, mostly since I had been avoiding any place that she might be.

I looked up to find Trent and breathed out a sigh of relief.

"Holy crap Trent, you almost gave me a freaking heart attack. I thought you were Rebecca." I said breathlessly.

He gave a half smile. "Sorry, I just had to talk to you about the whole date thing. I'm a little worried she'll say no."

His eyes were wide and he looked really scared.

I smiled. "Trent, you already know she likes you, I told you that."

He nodded. "Yeah, but I heard Chrissy teasing her by her locker earlier about liking me, and Robyn said she didn't think it would work out because I'm a 'player'". He said putting air quotes on the word.

I bit my lip. "Okay, you just have to show her that you're serious about her." I paused. "You are serious about her, right?"

He nodded vigorously. "Yeah Natalia. I forget who I am when I'm with her. I forget everything and all I can focus on is her. I've never been more serious about anyone in my life."

"Hey, kids. What's up?" I turned to see Cal standing a couple feet away.

Crap, he always shows up at the worst times.

"Um, nothing really. Trent needs help with calculus." I said quickly.

Calvin pursed his lips. "Really? I thought you were really good at math."

"Y-yeah. Usually. I just, I haven't gotten this last chapter. You know, logarithms." Trent said nervously.

I nodded. "Yeah so, you can come over today and I'll help you, alright?" I said.

He physically relaxed. "Thank you."

"Of course." I said with a smile.

"So," Calvin interrupted again. "Are you guys going to sit down, or..?"

"Right." We walked back to the table and sat down. Everyone gave us curious glances but soon returned to their conversation.

I felt a nudge on my shoulder and turned to Andrew.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"What were you and Trent talking about?" He asked me.

I shrugged and looked at my food. "Nothing really. A math assignment."

Andrew furrowed his eyebrows. "But, you guys have different teachers."

I bit my lip. I breathed a sigh of relief when the bell rang.

"Sorry Andrew, I have to go. I'll see you late okay?" I smiled slightly and waved good-bye to him.

As I walked to class I tried to figure out how I could keep this secret. I hope no one figures out what Trent and I are doing. I just have to act normal until he asks Robyn out officially. Then no more secrets.

"It was such a pleasure to meet you Trent!" My mom gushed. "You come back any time at all, okay?"

"The pleasure was mine, Mrs. Johnson, and thank you, I will be sure to come back for a visit." Trent responded charmingly.

"Oh, gross no, Mrs. Johnson makes me sound so old. Call me Veronica."

I rolled my eyes. "Alright, you should get going now, right Trent?" I cut in to their love fest.

"Natalia! Show some manners!" My mom scolded.

"Please Mom, it's just Trent, not the President." I told her as I pushed Trent out of the front door. I followed behind and closed the door behind us.

We started walking down my driveway toward Trent's car.

"So when were you planning on doing it?" I asked him.

"Soon. I was thinking wednesday?" He said nervously.

I put my hand on his shoulder. "Don't be nervous, okay? She's going to say yes."

He let out a shaky laugh. "Yeah, yeah but it's just, I mean-" he paused. "What if she really doesn't like me like that. Or, what if she thinks it's weird or creepy that I tried so hard?"

I shook my head. "That won't happen. She'll think it's sweet and she'll say yes."

"Thank you for everything." He hugged me tightly and I hugged him back. Our hug was interrupted by another voice.

"Tally? What's- wait, Trent?" Trent and I pulled apart and turned to Andrew.

"Oh. Hey Andrew." I gave an awkward wave. My stomach did a flip when I saw him. "What's up?"

"What are you doing here Trent?" he asked, ignoring me completely. I frowned.

"Oh, uh, Nat was helping me with Calculus." He said rubbing the back of his neck.

"You have an A in that class." Andrew said.

"Yeah, I just didn't understand this one part. But Natalia helped, so now that I do understand, I'll just go now." Trent said awkwardly.

"But why-"

"Bye, Cutie. Thanks for the help." Trent said cutting Andrew off.

He got into his car and drove off leaving Andrew and I alone in my driveway.

I looked at him. He had a hard look on his face as he stared after Trent's car.

I cleared my throat and his eyes suddenly met mine and my breathe caught in my throat from his intense expression.

"Um," I tried to regulate my breathing. "W-why did you stop by?"

"My mom wanted to know if you wanted to come over for dinner." He said quietly.

I perked up. I absolutely loved his parents. They were like second parents to me growing up.

"Unless you're busy with Trent tonight." He said interrupting my thoughts. He sounded irritated for some reason.

I was mad suddenly. What gave him the right to be mad? I'm allowed to hang out with Trent. He was my friend too.

"What's your problem?" I asked him.

He looked surprised by my question. "I don't have a problem."

"Oh cut the crap Andrew. Why are you so mad right now?" I asked him taking a step foward.

He narrowed his eyes. "What's going on with you and Trent?"

My eyes widened. "Nothing! Why does it even matter?"

He opened his mouth but shut it again, thinking. "It doesn't. Forget I even said anything." He said hostly.

I pursed my lips. "Fine."

"Andrew? Oh, it is you! It's so good to see you!" My mom came skipping down the driveway and pulled Andrew into a hug.

"Hi Veronica." He said and smiled genuinly. He was as close to my parents as I was to his.

"What brings you here?" She asked him.

"My mom wanted me to invite Natalia to dinner." He said putting his hands in his pockets.

"Oh my gosh, that's perfect! I've been wanting to show Patricia my new ipad! We'll all go, Jeremiah will be here any minute."

I inwardly groaned. I didn't really want to go to dinner now. I did at first, but the way Andrew was acting made me second guess it.

"Alright, well I'll see you guys in a little while." Andrew said. He glanced at me quickly before turning and making his way back down the street to his house.

"Come on Natty, you need to change." My mom said dragging me into the house.

This should be an interesting dinner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Update! Okay so I should apologize since I took a while. I actually had most of this chapter written but my mom sent me to my aunt's house for a week without my laptop! Sooooo it's not my fault.

Anywayyyyy I am extremely happy to announce that My Best Friend Is A Player has made it to..................................6.000 reads!!!!!!! SO thank you soooo much for that :D

To the side is Trent played by Nick Whitaker!

So let me know what you think of this chapter...............The drama has only begun.

Like always this chapter is not edited so please excuse the mistakes!

Please COMMENT and VOTE!!!!!!!!!

Until Next Time..................

~Lori~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 173 25
Your life is a lie. It's scary to imagine and Kelly, just like any other student and teenager, faces her own set of small adolescent problems. So lif...
1.4M 34.1K 49
Natalia is well Natalia. She's an average teenager who likes to party, have sex, and occasionally do drugs. With filthy rich parents she never has to...
360K 18.9K 39
Five years ago, Gabrielle left Castle Rock to follow her high school sweetheart and the father of her child to college. After he walks out of their l...
3.3M 109K 42
Bad boys/ players. I hate them, they think they can just walk around and get any girl they want. Well hello, not every single fucken girl...