Faith✖️OUAT

By caler_jo_hyden

"Faith is taking that first step even when you don't see the whole road." In which Prince Charming's big bro... More

Epigraph + Cast
1.1
1.2
1.3
1.4
1.5
1.6
1.7
1.8
1.9
1.10
1.11
1.12
1.13
1.14
1.15
1.16
1.17
1.18
1.19
1.20
1.21
1.22
2.1
2.2
2.4
2.5
2.6
2.7
2.8
2.9
2.10
2.11
2.12
2.13
2.14
2.15
2.16
2.17
2.18
2.19
2.20
2.21
2.22
3.1
3.2
3.3
3.4
3.5
3.6
3.7
3.8
3.9

2.3

2.2K 57 6
By caler_jo_hyden

I don't own anything but Dean/Bellamy and my ideas.

⚔️

Chapter 25- Lady of the Lake

Dean stood across from his brother in a tent as they was gathered around others making war plans.

"King George's men are here on this ridge," Dean started but was cut off by Red who ran inside of the tent, saying, "We have to move camp. They're coming for us."

David shook his head and replied, "No! We will not run! We said we were going to take the Kingdom back, and we can't do that with our tails between our legs."

Dean gave his brother a look and glanced over at Red who was also giving Charming a look.

The prince realized what he said and commented, "No offense."

"But matters have worsened. The king has a new general." Red informed them.

Dean looked over at her and inquired, "Who is he?"

"They call him the Leviathan. They say he attacks like a monster striking from the depths of the sea." Red answered, "You never see him coming, and you never survive."

"We'll see about that," David remarked, exchanging a look with his big brother.

Snow spoke up curiously, "How close is his army?"

Just then an arrow landed in the middle of their drawing maps as everyone jumped but Dean who shrugged, saying, "I'd say pretty close."

The four of them plus their men exited their tent to see George's men attacking theirs. "We should split up. Divide them." Snow commented.

"Exactly," David agreed and told some of his men, "Go, go! Dean, I need you to go with Snow."

"If I go with her, they'll know she's with me and follow. That's what we're trying to prevent, brother." Dean replied, "Besides, the King is after you and me."

"He's right," Snow agreed with the knight who nodded and faced the rest of the soldiers.

Dean then quickly sprinted to a nearby group of other knights as he spun his sword once in his hand.

Bellamy was helping pack up her stuff in boxes as the two stood in the mayor's office. She had been let go as mayor.

Regina sighed, placing some more paperwork inside of a box, while Bellamy noticed and immediately stepped over to her.

"It's gonna be alright, my lovely queen," Bellamy assured, moving his arms around her waist as she smiled some and wrapped her arms around his neck. "Trust me."

He then kissed her passionately on the lips as she kissed him back, both smiling mid-kiss.

Regina pulled back with her arms still wrapped around his neck, now gazing into his green eyes she adores so much. "I love you."

Bellamy smirked and kissed her forehead, saying, "I know." He then picked her up bridal style, making her laugh in surprise.

The two kissed again but was interrupted by Regina's phone ringing.

Bellamy set her back on the floor as Regina moved some hair out of her face and walked back over to her desk, seeing the caller I.D. "It's Henry."

She picked up the phone and answered it then, "Henry... I'm just packing up the office. I've been asked to leave. No, of course it can wait. I'd love to have lunch with you. Granny's. Ten minutes."

Regina then hung up as Bellamy stepped over to her, cheekily saying, "Go, have fun, sweetheart. I'll finish up here."

Regina smiled and kissed him once more on the lips, grabbed her purse, and then left out of the office quickly.

The secret door suddenly opened as Bellamy quickly withdrew his dagger instinctively but saw that it was Henry sneaking inside. "Kid."

"Oh, uh, hi, Dad..." Henry trailed off sheepishly, moving more into the room, "Don't tell my mom, but I need her skeleton keys."

Bellamy moved his arms across his chest and questioned his adopted son, "Why?"

"I want to help Gramps in finding a way to get Emma and Mary Margaret back from the Enchanted Forest." Henry explained, "So, I figured she might have something in her vault..."

Bellamy walked in front of him and knelt down to meet the boy's height, placing his hands on his small arms. "Kid, you should not be messing with that vault. Magic always comes with a price. You should know that. You've read the book."

Henry looked down and didn't say anything else that was on his mind and sighed.

Bellamy moved a light hand underneath his son's chin and started, "You're scared. It's okay, I understand."

Henry met his father figure's eyes as the man continued, "See, when I was your age, I saw something real bad happen to my mom, and I was scared, too. And then when I got even older, she was killed. I didn't feel like talking, just like you. But see, my mom--  I know she wanted me to be brave... I think about that every day. And I do my best to be brave."

Henry sighed sadly, now speaking up, "You're right as always, Dad... And I just want to help. I want them back."

Bellamy straightened back up and took the skeleton keys out of the drawer and looked back at him. "All right. We'll both go together. At least, if something happens, I'll be there to stop it."

Henry grinned and hugged him as the two then walked out of the office.

Dean walked beside his little brother as they headed towards the cabin their mother was.

The two brothers smiled in amusement some, sharing a look between one another, while David spoke up, "Mother, the place looks beautiful. Will you come inside?"

"I'm sorry if I want things to be perfect when I meet the girl my son is going to marry," Ruth grinned.

"Wait." Dean paused and held up his hand slightly, immediately moving in front of both his mother and brother protectively. "Do you hear that?"

Ruth looked around in unease while some horses whinnied in the near distance as Dean then told her, "Go in. Bolt the door. Take David with you. Whatever happens, stay inside. Go."

David shook his head, saying, "I'm staying with you, Dean. If there's a fight, we're in this together."

Dean sighed while Ruth nodded and rushed inside, both brothers now removing their swords from their scabbards and spinning them once in their hands in unison.

The two was then surrounded by ten of George's men who armed themselves.

Dean smirked, saying, "What? That's it?"

Two men shot arrows from their crossbows, and while both Dean and David simultaneously ducked, which led to both arrows hitting the two soldiers in their chests.

Dean flipped over one soldier and stabbed another one in the neck with his sword, now withdrawing the blade, and then swung it around to the solder behind him, instantly knocking the guard out by hitting him in the head with the handle of his sword.

"Dean!" The prince said while throwing his own sword towards his brother who caught it effortlessly in his other hand and suddenly stabbed two men in their chests as they ran towards him on both sides.

Dean tossed the prince his sword back after David had snapped the neck of the last soldier who abruptly fell to the ground with a thud.

"Sons?" The two of them heard after they had glanced at each other after the fight.

Simultaneously, both Dean and David let out, "Mother! Mother!"

Ruth had an arrow embedded near her heart; The two men both quickly ran towards her right as Dean caught the elderly woman before she could fall to the ground.

"I told you to stay inside." Dean began somewhat desperately, his voice thick with emotion, one hand on the back of her neck as he placed her carefully onto the ground.

"I know, but I heard you two," Ruth let out, her hand over her arrow embedded wound as blood coated her fingers, "I thought you were hurt. I'm sorry."

David knelt beside his mother and across from Dean and began, "No, you're going to be okay. Everything's going to be okay-"

Snow rushed over to them and knelt on her fiancé's other side and apologized, "I'm so sorry. We came as quickly as we could."

"Is this... Snow?" Ruth inquired weakly as she now watched Snow.

David nodded as he, his mother, and Dean all looked over at Snow who didn't know what to say next.

***

Dean examined the blood coated arrow in his hands as did Lancelot while Charming and Snow looked at the two desperately.

Dean sighed, "It's poison."

"Then we'll find an antidote." David began with a fake yet convincing smile for assurance towards Ruth.

Snow also suggested, "Or the fairies. They can help us."

"No, I'm afraid this is going to take something stronger than fairy dust," Lancelot spoke up.

David looked up at his brother and started, "You brought me back to life by making a deal. Can you do it again for our mother?"

Dean nodded slowly, saying, "I'm already going to hell in less than a year. I could see if they would be willing to alter the deal to save Mom, too."

Ruth shook her head, her eyes watery, as she let out, "D-Dean, no... Y-You're going to get out- out of that deal. And live."

Dean sighed, "Then I will find another way to help you."

"Lake Nostos--" The prince spoke up as he glanced at his brother and then the others, "Dean and I've been there before. Its waters have powerful magical properties. We've seen them turn a man from solid gold back into flesh."

"It isn't far. A day's journey at most." Dean nodded in agreement and added, "It could work."

"I'll prepare a wagon." Lancelot commented while standing back up and leaving to go retrieve a wagon.

Dean stood up with the other knight and replied, "I'll help you."

He and Lancelot then left to go get the wagon ready for the elderly woman and make it comfortable enough for her.

Dean didn't want to think about losing his mother. He couldn't. So, he chose to prepare a wagon to stay busy.

A tear fell down Ruth's face as she watched her firstborn now get the wagon ready. She let out, "M-My brave Dean..."

David held his mother's hand and murmured, "What's the matter, Mother?"

"I-I put too much w-weight on his sho-shoulders..." Ruth admitted, "He de-deserves better than thi-this."

The prince glanced up to watch his big brother load up a wagon with Lancelot and looked back down at his mother. "He loves you, Mother. You're a good person."

A few hours later, Dean stood by Snow as they walked down the trail towards the lake.

Snow had her arm looped with her soon-to-be brother-in law's as she began lightly, "You told me you fell in love once. What happened there?"

Dean shook his head and simply answered, glancing at the raven haired woman next to him, "I'll tell you another time."

Ruth, who has been listening to them talk, spoke up, "At least, tell us her name, son."

Dean looked down at his mother inside of the wagon and then over at Snow. "Mary. Her name was Mary."

The carriage then stopped, and David spoke up, "We're going to scout ahead. We won't be long."

Dean immediately stepped next to them, saying, "I'm coming, too."

***

David, Dean, Snow, Lancelot, and Ruth suddenly came upon the lake, but only to find that it completely empty.

"Son of a bitch," Dean muttered and started to walk towards the lake with an annoyed yet worried sigh.

"Where's the lake?" Snow was the first one to ask.

Charming shared a look with his big brother and glanced at his fiancé as he answered, "We're looking at it. It's gone."

Bellamy glanced down at Henry who looked up from his storybook of a picture of a Regina in front of the crypt to the actual family mausoleum in front of them.

Henry unlocked the door and both entered inside to find Regina's father's coffin and also noticed skid marks on the floor beside it.

Bellamy pushed the casket aside to reveal stairs going down to another floor. "Stay behind me, Kid."

He moved down the stairs as Henry closely followed behind him, the two hearing multiple hearts beating rhythmically nearby.

Henry has stepped inside of the other room while Bellamy looked at the many boxes in somewhat curiosity.

He suddenly heard his ten year old fall and stumble back with a scared gasp as Bellamy then made his way over to an open box in front of Henry and noticed the two vipers inside, swiftly closing the box.

"Maybe we should have gone with Operation Viper," David spoke up from the doorway.

Bellamy helped Henry up off the floor and then looked him over for any broken bones or bites. "You all right?"

"Yeah," Henry assured before adding curiously towards his grandpa, "How did you know we were down here?"

"Your mom said you asked her to lunch. And when you stood her up, she called Bellamy and he told her what happened. She then checked her office, saw her keys missing." David explained, "She would have come herself, but she didn't think you'd go with her. So, she made Bellamy promise to get you out of here safely."

Bellamy nodded and then asked, "Were you following me, little brother?"

David looked at him and replied, "I was concern. You just got healed and recovered from almost dying. I was making sure you didn't get hurt-"

"Well, you don't have to, because I'm fine and can look after myself. After all, I'm the oldest, which means I'm always right."

"No, it doesn't," David scoffed in amusement.

"Yeah, it totally does," Bellamy remarked and glanced back at him with a light smirk, making David lightly laugh somewhat.

Bellamy then knelt in front of his son and looked at him, saying, "Now, David here is going to take you to school-- and you won't run away this time. And I got to make sure no one else finds this place."

Henry nodded in understanding and then was led out of the vault by David while Bellamy stood up and looked around the place.

Dean looked around the empty lake and then noticed something on the ground and picked it up, which was the crown that siren had been wearing.

"This is my fault. The siren who lived here-- I killed her." Dean sighed, "That's why the lake is dry."

"We killed her," David corrected him as Dean slightly rolled his eyes.

The two were both stopped from finishing that conversation as Lancelot spoke up, "You needn't worry. My mother raised me by a lake. There may yet be water. You just... need to know where to look."

The three men started to search for even just a speck of water while David tossed a soldier's helmet back onto the ground.

Dean heard Lancelot murmur, "God in his mercy, lend your grace." The former knight of the Round Table picked up something as both brothers rushed over to him.

"You found it?" Charming inquired once he and his brother made it to Lancelot.

"It's all that's left," Lancelot informed them, holding a small shell that held a little amount of water inside of it. "Just enough for one sip."

"Enough to heal our mother?" Dean questioned somewhat desperately.

"We shall find out," Lancelot commented.

As David got out his canteen to put the magical water inside, Dean headed towards a Ruth and Snow. "Mother!"

Snow smiled at him and asked, "Did you water?"

"Just enough," Dean assured.

Snow went over to talk to her fiancé quickly just as Ruth grabbed her firstborn's hand tightly.

Dean looked down at his mother who let out, "You need to get Snow to drink the water, my son."

Dean shook his head quickly as he started, "What? Why? Did something happen to her as well?"

Ruth sadly smiled and answered, "King George... He put a curse on her to not be able to have children..." Dean's eyes slightly widened. "She won't take it. Make her for me, please."

"We'll find a way to help her some other way later, but you-" Dean let out, "You have to drink this water or you'll die."

"Dean." Ruth cut him off, moving a light hand underneath his chin, "Please... My time is short. I would gladly give my life up so that my sons can have one too, and with a wife, a family. Do this one last thing for me."

Dean's jaw flexed as he kissed his mother on the top of her head and agreed reluctantly, "Okay. Okay. Mom, I-I get it."

Ruth smiled at him, and he stepped over to Lancelot who now held the canteen that had the water inside.

Dean briefly explained the wishes his mother wanted while Snow and David was talking to Ruth.

The two knights discreetly replaces the two pouches, making it look like the magical water was still inside David's canteen, which was actually inside of Dean's now.

The eldest Nolan brother sighed as Charming retrieved his canteen from Lancelot and now let his mother take a sip.

David hugged his older brother and then Lancelot while Ruth softly told Snow, Have faith, Snow. We'll find another way."

Snow nodded with a convincing smile, and when she looked away, Ruth glanced at Dean who nodded sadly at her.

***

David leaned towards his mother to look at her wound and then looked back at Lancelot and also glanced over at Snow and Dean. "Why isn't it working?"

"Wounds take time to heal." Lancelot answered while placing a hand on the prince's shoulder.

The said prince shook his head and replied desperately, "No, no, I used this magic before. It worked instantly... There wasn't enough water-- We need more."

David started to move back over to the dried up lake until his brother stopped him. "Davey, stop." The said prince abruptly stopped in confusion. "There's no more magic here, and our mother doesn't want to spend her last moments this way."

"Mother, is this true?" David let out, tears in his eyes.

Ruth inhaled deeply and she nodded, "Yes."

"This is all my fault... I'm so sorry-" The former shepherd/prince began as he started to cry.

Ruth looked at her youngest son and began, "For what? For being happy? For finding your true love? For your happiness, I would gladly give my life... My only regret is that I won't live to see you marry Snow."

"Yes you will." Dean spoke up as all of them looked over at him in confusion.

He glanced over at Lancelot and inquired, "Lancelot, does a disgraced member of the Round Table still have the power to perform a wedding?"

"It would be my honor." Lancelot answered with a small smile.

After they quickly set things up and was ready for the immediate wedding, Lancelot then began the wedding, "In my kingdom, there is legend of a cup. It has the power to grant the eternal of life. And so the love between you always be strong, true, and eternal."

Lancelot handed Snow a cup with the last of the magical water inside of it.

Snow took a sip of the water and Lancelot and Dean both knew that the curse had been lifted to where she was now able to conceive children again.

David then sipped some of the regular water and handed the empty cup to his brother who was slightly behind him.

He faced his fiancé again as the two of them kissed. Dean smiled a little, murmuring proudly, "That's my boy."

The four people suddenly glanced over at the elderly woman who was laying in the wagon, deathly pale and eyes closed, yet Ruth held a small smile on her face.

"Goodbye, Mother." Both Dean and David murmured in unison.

Dean moved a slightly shaky hand across the side of Ruth's face, tears pooling his eyes. "I love you." He whispered, letting go and stepped back somewhat.

***

"I'm so sorry." Snow spoke up softly after David placed a lit candle on top of a rock that was being used as a headstone for his mother's grave. "She was all the family you and your brother had left."

"No." Charming replied, glancing up at his wife and moved over to her, "I still have you. I love you, Snow, and together we can start a new family." He held her hands in his and looked at her.

The prince then proceeded to pull out a necklace as Snow slightly shook her head. "Here. This belonged to her. She would've wanted you to have it. She said it could tell you what your child would be-"

"Please don't." Snow sadly cut him off.

"It's just a superstition." David assured with a smile.

Snow sighed quietly and looked at her now- husband and admitted, "There's something I need to tell you."

The said prince looked at her in question and asked, "What is it? What's wrong?"

Snow opened her mouth to explain what happened to her and what the King had done, but stopped from telling him when she noticed the necklace swinging back and forth.

A grin broke out onto her face in relief and happy. "We're going to have a child."

"What?" Charming questioned in shock and confusion.

Dean couldn't help but to chuckle at his brother's reaction as Snow repeated herself, "We're going to have a child."

David looked at his wife, not understanding what she meant, and inquired, "Is there something I need to know?"

"I mean someday!" Snow corrected herself, still grinning, while her husband smiled also and replied, "Well, of course we are."

David looked down at the necklace and back at her, adding, "What's it say it's going to be? It's going to be a boy, right? I can never remember which direction means what."

"It's a surprise." Snow commented, now holding the necklace in her hand.

Charming nodded and replied, "I'll send the signal for the army to regroup. We are going to take back the kingdom, Snow, and we are going to do it as a family."

Snow nodded in agreement as the two of them kissed and he and Lancelot moved over to the horses.

She then narrowed her eyes but still smiled a little and turned over to her friend and mentor, Dean.

"This is because of you, isn't it? Ruth only pretended to drink the water. She had you and Lancelot put it in the wedding chalice so I would drink it. That's how King George's curse was broken, wasn't it?"

She now stood in front of her brother-in law who simply looked at her.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Dean shrugged, not denying nor admitting to it. "So, what's your future child going to be?"

One of the horses nickered as both David and Lancelot stood beside the horses.

Snow glanced from her husband and back over at her brother-in law and kept her smile on her face and admitted, "A girl."

Bellamy tapped on the passenger's window of his Impala as Henry rolled it down and looked at him.

The said knight knelt at the window and started with a light smile on his face. "I've been thinking. I did promise you I'd teach you to sword fight when the curse broke. And if you're gonna start helping my brother and, we got to make sure we do this right. So, I picked these up from the store."

Henry noticed two wooden swords in his father figure's hand now and grinned, "Seriously?"

"Hey, you're the grandson of a prince and my son. I think it's about time you learn how to use a sword." Bellamy replied, "Henry, we can't get them back without you. So, what do you say? You with me?"

"Can you teach me how to fight a dragon?" Henry smirked.

Bellamy chuckled, standing back up, "We'll work our way up to it."

Henry exited the vehicle and was handed a wooden sword by Bellamy who remarked, "My liege." The man stood back up and added, "En guarde!"

The two then began to fight with the wooden swords as they laughed.

"Hey! Come over here. Up top." Bellamy jogged over to a bench and hopped on it, clashing his wooden sword with Henry's as the boy grinned.

Henry jumped onto the same bench next to him, continuing to "fight" him with his sword.

"Ah, you wanna fight on the same level," Bellamy remarked as Henry simply said, "Yes."

David walked over to them and now watched his brother and grandson laugh together as he added in some tips of his own, laughing too.

Yet, unbeknownst to the three of them, George sat inside of his car and had been watching them intently for a while, putting a plan for revenge into action.

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.9K 2.2K 46
We know the story of Emma Swan, mother of Henry, daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming. But what about the story of Elias Swan, father of Henry...
59.2K 758 23
{ enchanted forest } In which Winter enters a Sleeping Curse and the fairytales try to save her.. before it is too late. Be warned: * This book conta...
5K 290 5
"I SEE GOOD IN YOU." twenty eight years have passed since the evil queen's curse ripped them from their realm and for many of those carlos has been u...
8.5K 209 22
This fan fiction is based off of season 4b of Once Upon a time. This is what would happen if I was a writer on ouat. Hope you enjoy. This is my first...