Mistaken Love (#Wattys2018)

By dearhearty

She didn't mean to love the man who she knew that will never love her back. Shanaya Campbell is working a su... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
ATTENTION!!!
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Last Chapter
Epilogue
Special Chapter
You're MINE

Chapter 45

28.7K 943 68
By dearhearty

Great Time

Days had past but the same goes on between me and Caius. He became very busy lately at work that he would come home almost midnight and leave early. I don't know if those are all in the hospital but there is a time that I would pretend to be asleep when he comes home at midnight, he will silently walk around the room, went take a shower and then he will come to bed next to me.

There is a time we shared breakfast together and we just had small conversations but the space is there. It is a little bothersome but call me weak and stupid but I just still couldn't help but get hurt whenever I see him. I badly want to make up with him but whenever our eyes connect, I want to cry and move away from him. It is hard. Every night I would cry and pray for some strength too.

My morning sickness is getting worse. I can't even eat properly in the morning. I never thought being pregnant will be this hard but everything surely will be worth it at the end.

Dizziness always happen especially when I am at work and it is becoming very troublesome. I can't even participate in meetings and speak correctly.

One night, I just got out of the shower and I'm waiting for my hair to dry before I go to bed, Caius came home earlier than he usually gets home these past few days. He caught me awake and it feels so long since we talked.

"Hi, welcome home." I softly replied.

Caius turns to me, definitely not expecting me to speak to him. "Hey." he answered back. "You're still up, it's bad for you and our baby."

Our baby...

"I was just about to go to sleep." I murmured, throwing the blanket to spread it on top of me. "How was your day?" It feels so awkward to ask.

Caius stopped from loosing his tie then proceeds eventually. "Stressful. No different from the usual." He stated, now he is unbuttoning his shirt which made me suddenly want to look away. "Did you ate dinner already?"

Jeez, why am I blushing? My hormones is kinda surprising because it seems like I've been longing for my husband since then and I missed his smell so much.

"Yeah, I baked the chocolate cake downstairs, I left them for you." I shyly replied, biting my lower lip. There is no reason to be shy but why am I feeling this mixed grumbling inside my stomach?

A small small forms in his lips. "Yes, I ate it."

Then my cheeks turned red, like my heart was sting. Seriously, I am behaving like I'm not the wife here. But I miss his smiles so much. For our child, I will always love him and will always care for him even after what happened. "I-I'm going to sleep now."

"I will just take a quick shower." He stated before fully taking his clothes off except for his boxers as he paced towards the bathroom.

My face feels hot as I bury it on the pillow. I just don't know how to talk to him again and what topic should we start off.

Not long, I pretended to be asleep when I heard the door of the bathroom opened and I heard his footsteps coming in but quietly. Maybe he thought that I'm already sleeping. I was facing the opposite direction of his side. When the bed deepens on his, I knew that he is gonna lie down as well with me but because of my little act.

The side of the bed deepened as he slips beside me inside the blankets and suddenly felt half of his body hovering me as he gently and carefully snakes an arm around my waist.

My heart clenched when feeling his lips rested on my forehead for few seconds before spooning me on the side.

Tears slowly comes down at the side of my eyes as the situation just feels so heavy around my chest.

It's been so long since we had contact like this. The feeling is so refreshing that I feel pain there as well but the longingness is overpowering my senses. I felt good that I felt bad.

"You don't have to act so brave in front of me, Shanaya. I know you are mad so show me what you really feel towards me. Show me what I deserved." He whispered, huskily near my ear as his arms tightened around me. "I love you."

With that, I just cried as I place a hand on top of his that was on my tummy. He was rubbing it so tenderly.

The next morning, I woke up and the sun is shining brightly through the balcony door. Caius is no longer beside and I kinda expected that this will happen because this happens everyday since then. I no longer feel his warmth beside me so I'm expecting that everything is weird.

But all of a sudden, there is something at the pit of my throat that makes me jump out of the bed and run towards the bathroom then kneeled on the toilet bowl to get everything out in my system.

Jeez, this morning sickness is really bugging me. How long will this last?

When I'm done, I went straight to take a shower. There are a lot of works to do at the office today I really have to eat a lot to keep my energy up. I don't want to be too stressed since I'm carrying my little angel inside me so work moderately. 

Getting out of the shower, still wearing my bathrobe and went to get my phone that was on our bed. But just in time, the door opened causing me to tighten my hold on the robe. I was surprised to see Caius coming in.

Actually, I expected that he is not here anymore. My jaw drops because he is wearing only his denim jeans and his hair is styled with his trademark mess. What surprises me more is the tray that he's carrying inside.

"Good morning." He greeted with a smile.

My throat suddenly becomes dry as it become hoarse. "I-I thought you already left."

"Nah, I don't have anything to do this morning so I decided to serve my wife." He stated, now placing the tray ontop of the bed. "I thought maybe you're hungry and eat something before you leave. I cooked you lots of food so our kid won't be hungry."

My stomach grumbles and salivate upon seeing the meals served before me.

"Eat up. You are still suffering morning sickness, right?" He sits on the bed, crossing his legs beneath him.

I stood there frozen.

Somehow, Caius is trying to make up all the things we messed up before.

"Come on, baby. Please..." His voice soften, so is his eyes. The stoic eyes bended just for me.

My body moves on its own as I sit down on the bed as well, giving it a chance. Hope colored his eyes for a bit as he served me the food that was on it.

"What are you? Some sort of butler?" I joked.

"Nah, just trying to become a good husband." He replied, earnestly with a smile. "How are you feeling? Some dizziness?"

I shook my head and started reaching one muffin and bite one small part of it. "You baked this?"

"Yes, there are still a dozen of them in the kitchen if you want some more." He replied, his eyes just watching my every move.

Causing me to feel embarrassed while munching the muffin. "Stop staring, Caius. Eat with me."

"No, I already had coffee. I made these just for you." He mentioned. "I was gonna make you some coffee but Claire told me that caffeine is bad for pregnant woman so I drink it instead."

"Claire was with you?"

"Yes, I asked for her help in preparing all of these." He shared, rubbing is nape, a soft sheer of pink spreads his cheeks causing me to chuckle at his cuteness.

He asked for some help? That's new. I'm still not used to his nice acts but of course I like it. Who would like the idea of their husband serving their wives? It feels so good that I still feel so loved.

"Your stare is irritating me." I blurted out, dropping my arms on the side but took the glass of orange juice.

But then, a sudden hint of pain swifts in his eyes but quickly blocks it. "I missed you, Shanaya."

I stopped my movement causing me to stare back at him. "C-Caius..."

"If I can really just turn back time...." he didn't finish his sentence. "I wish Laureen is lying, I wish nothing really happened that night. If I could just remember how it happened, because if I were just in my senses, we do not have a problem right now." Caius drops his head and rubs his hands. "I love you...you know that, right?"

Unconsciously, I nodded and dropped the fork that I was gripping. "Yes, I know." I murmured before sighing. "What's done is done. There is nothing we can do about it."

I saw how his shoulders dropped and the light from his face slowly escapes with guilt. I know it is hard and I know he didn't want this to happen but like what I said, it's already done. It is already here.

"How is Laureen?" I asked, proceeding to eat.

Even if he didn't tell me, I know they are still seeing each other but only for their baby. Even if it hurts, I knew and accepted the fact that they will still have a connection because of it. I wouldn't like it anyway if he doesn't have the balls to man up and stand for what he has done. He made her pregnant and the child will need him in the future and I don't want to be the bad one here.

"She's fine..." it took him a while to answer. "But it is really over between us. I was only there because she threatened me that she will kill the baby if I didn't see her."

I rolled my eyes and grunted. "She really is such a drama queen. A glass of milk is not enough for her because she wanted the whole damn cow." I muttered. "And you didn't bother to come home early because of it?"

"W-What, no. There is no way I will choose her over you. I've been studying this new operation that I will have next week. I badly need to do this very well because the price is important."

"What price?"

"It's too early to tell. I will let you know soon." He replied, exhaling deeply. "For now, I promise to make it up to you. I will be taking the day off and I will serve only you and our child today."

I hope so...

Let's pray that Laureen won't call you and rush you to her side again.

Because I fear that you will leave me again.

"Finish your breakfast, we are going somewhere later."  He stands up then resched for his white shirt that was just hanging on the head rest of the couch. Even when he is putting  on a shirt looks so sexy...

Jesus, these hormones when your pregnant is really weird.

I am craving for something but I don't think it's good to crave for your husband.

"The food is in front of you, baby. Not this." Caius noticed me causing me to quickly gaze away and focus on the meal served for me. "It looks like you are hungry for something else, huh?"

I rolled my eyes and continued eating. There is no doubt that I am hungry as a wolf. This pregnancy can be really tough especially if it is your first time but I have been taking vitamins and the milk that I was given to drink so that we will be stronger and healthier.

Funny, I ate all the food he gave me.

Caius smiles with satisfaction seeing that the plates on the tray are empty as he takes it back to the kitchen while I used that time to dress up. I called Omir as well to inform him that I might get late or take day off so he could cancel all of my meetings for the day. I think I needed this moment with Caius since we have a lot of things to talk about.

I was done changing and I ended up wearing comfy clothes which is just a simple white sundress and my favorite white diamond studded flats. I will no longer wear stilettos because that's not good for us.

Caius was waiting already at the car so I just need to quicken up the pace since he hates waiting.

He is inside my car, yes we are using my car and I don't know where Joseph is but I'm sure he dismissed him somewhere. I entered and sat at the passenger seat. "Where are we going?"

"I want to check out the new ice cream parlour in town. They said they have the best strawberry flavoured ice cream." He told me as we finally hit the road.

"Seriously?" I am going to cancel all of my appointments just to get some ice cream?

"It would be fun!" Caius grinned, as he glances at my direction for a while. "Just like the first time we went out together, right?"

Yeah, we took me out for an ice cream before too and that was the start of me knowing who he really is. That he is not just a cold doctor who doesn't care about anyone but he also has a soft side that only a few people knew.

"When is your appointment with your doctor?" he asked after a very long silence.

"Next month, just to check how the baby is." I told him.

"I will go with you." He replied.

A small smile forms in my lips but I didn't want to show it. Little by little, he is knocking on the doors of my heart again and soon enough to fill it. But I can't still stop the bitterness growing inside me. "When will Laureen give birth?"

I saw how he swallowed at the question and glances at the review mirror. "I-I am not sure."

"It is actually weird that her belly bump is small causing me not to recognize it. Is that even normal?"

"She said that it's normal but I doubt it. I have a feeling that there is something wrong with the baby. Maybe it is the effect of the meds she took when she tried to kill the baby." He replied.

My eyebrows creased. "She's a lunatic. How can she kill her own child?"

"She's not thinking well, Shanaya. She really needs help and the child is being involved in this mess." He grunted, gripping the steering wheel tightly. "I could care less if that is her way of getting my attention but because of the child, I couldn't ignore her. Just one wrong move and she can easily kill the baby."

"That's horrible." I murmured. She doesn't deserve the kid, and the baby has nothing to do with her miserable life. She is too innocent and young to encounter such selfishness from her own mother. "Then you should support her until she gives birth, right?"

"What?"

I bit down my lip and faced away from him to stare outside. "You are still the child's father. Its still your responsibility. I won't stop you from seeing her because you are still concerned with him so I don't care. Just be sure that you still come home at our house every night."

"Of course, my home is where you are, Shanaya." He replied.

I felt my heart was pinched because of it.

"But please don't mention Laureen just this once? I'm trying it make it up to my wife and you're the only one I want to spend this day with." Caius stated, grabbing my free hand to intertwine our fingers while his other hand holds the steering wheel.

I gulped at his request and without thinking, I nodded. Well, that's exactly what I want right now so it is fine. I don't want to think about Laureen for a while and just be happy that I am spending time with my husband again...

To be continued...

I badly apologize for  the late update. 😭 College is ruining my free time so I am very busy at the moment but I won't stop writing. So please keep on looking forward for more updates. Thank you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.5K 2.2K 49
[Complete] A NEW enemies to lovers, office romance. 🔥 Rated R for mature sexual content and graphic language • 18+ *** Two rivaling company presiden...
373 39 18
A girl named Amaya is living a false life thinking that the father she is living with is her real father not knowing that the person she hates and...
2.8M 101K 67
Her : unfulfilled dream and a life changing encounter Him : a painful past and an unchanging future until the amazing yet fearful encounter ... a...
3.7M 18K 11
Meet Christina A. Cruz. Single. Simple. Incredibly Beautiful. She's the girl who possesses refined manners and right conduct_ well- disciplined, k...