Undercover Heir

By miaaamiamia

When a hopeless playboy, Chad James Carter was busted by his father, his life turned upside down. After his f... More

Chapter 1 - Busted
Chapter 2 - The punishment
Chapter 3 - Untamed
Chapter 4 - The nightmare
Chapter 5 - Stardust
Chapter 6 - Sparks
Chapter 7 - The fight
Chapter 8 - Jealousy
Chapter 9 - The first step
Chapter 10 - Insult
Chapter 11 - The bitter tongue
Chapter 12 - The wet kiss
Chapter 13 - The surname
Chapter 14 - Chasing liberty
Chapter 15 - Freedom
Chapter 16 - The saviour
Chapter 17 - My happy place
Chapter 18 - One step forward, two steps back
Chapter 19 - A hard time
Chapter 20 - Addiction
Chapter 21 - Getting off the hook
Chapter 22 - Unforgettable
Chapter 23 - The side effects of him
Chapter 24 - Handsome and furious
Chapter 25 - The pleasant distraction
Chapter 26 - The rulebreaker
Chapter 27 - The kiss of life
Chapter 28 - Exposed
Chapter 29 - The ugly truth
Chapter 30 - Reassurance
Chapter 31 - The condition
Chapter 32 - The troublemaker
Chapter 33 - Cold sweat
Chapter 34 - The life changing lesson
Chapter 35 - The complaint
Chapter 36 - The cost
Chapter 37 - The late confession
Chapter 38 - Decisions
Chapter 39 - An unexpected visitor
Chapter 40 - Icy cold
Chapter 41 - Lost in darkness
Chapter 42 - Matchmaking
Chapter 43 - Being professional
Chapter 44 - Losing you
Chapter 45 - The ring
Chapter 46 - Gossip
Chapter 47 - Pride
Chapter 48 - The intruder
Chapter 49 - The pissing contest
Chapter 50 - Affection
Chapter 51 - Jealous
Chapter 52 - Territory marking
Chapter 54 - Miracle
Chapter 55 - The most important people
Chapter 56 - Unburden
Chapter 57 - Promise
Chapter 58 - Just like old times
Chapter 59 - Dirty intentions
Chapter 60 - Tabloids
Chapter 61 - Lifetime
Chapter 62 - The owner of my heart
Chapter 63 - Possessive
Chapter 64 - Raking up the past
Chapter 65 - Lucky me
Epilogue
The Next Book - "Between Hate and Love"

Chapter 53 - Mr. Control freak

57.1K 1.9K 85
By miaaamiamia

Elise's POV

In the afternoon, I left the company for lunch. There was an Italian restaurant near the company. I really liked their risotto; it was so delicious.

When I was walking towards the restaurant, my phone rang. As I wanted to pull my phone out of my bag, I noticed a man behind me. I saw this man twice: yesterday and the day before yesterday. I thought it was a coincidence. But now I was sure that it wasn't a coincidence. He was following me. But who is he? The paparazzi? Or worse, a stalker? I shook my head. Calm down, Elise. Don't scare yourself.

I kept walking, checking him in the wing mirrors next to me. I decided to find who he was.

I speeded up my steps and turned left. My heart was pounding. But the people in the street made me relax a little. I stopped and waited for him. As I guessed, he turned left too.

"Who are you? Why are you following me?" I snapped , folding my arms over my chest.

He blinked without saying anything, thinking to find something to tell.

"I am calling the police." I said and started dialing the numbers.

"Ms. Martin, don't call the police. Mr. Carter ordered me to follow you." He confessed.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "Chad?" I asked, perplexed.

He nodded as he said. "Mr. Carter wanted to be sure of your safety, Ms. Martin."

I squeezed the strap of my bag angrily. How dare he do this kind of thing without my permission!

"Take me to your Mr. Carter." I ordered bitterly. He nodded.

I rushed towards his office, ignoring his secretary who was trying to stop me. I opened the door without knocking.

"How dare you pay someone to follow me?" I barked.

"Sir, I tried to stop..." His secretary explained.

"You can leave." He said to his secretary. She nodded and walked out, closing the door behind her.

"It is for your safety." He said nonchalantly as he leaned back against the back of his seat.

"Who did give you permission?" I snapped.

He breathed deeply and stood up. He approached me and placed his hand on my stomach. There were a few inches between us. My nostrils filled with his musky and masculine scent. I felt hot. The taste of his tempting lips was still on my lips. It was our first encounter since the kiss we shared two days ago.

"Being the father of this little one." He replied, looking into my eyes.

I gulped, looking into his blue eyes, lost in them.

Concentrate, Elise!

I stepped back. He frowned.

"You are pregnant. To keep you and our baby safe is my responsibility." He said firmly.

"Chad, I don't need a bodyguard." I stated, annoyed.

He raised his eyebrow. "Are you sure? Should I need to remind you about your crazy ex or the other prick who wants to get into your pants?" He asked sarcastically.

"Chad!" I warned him.

Ugh! This man was the best at making me mad. He was too possessive and protective.

"It is not up for discussion! You will have a bodyguard. The end!" He said firmly.

"Ugh!" I clenched my fist. I breathed deeply and asked. "Since when has he been following me?"

He put his hands into his pockets, avoiding my gaze. He bit his lower lip and replied. "Since Chris has bothered you at the cafe."

I looked at him with wide eyes, surprised. "But you didn't know about the baby then." I mumbled.

"Yeah...But I know that sleazeball will bother you. I won't let someone hurt you." He said firmly, looking into my eyes.

I looked at him, surprised. He ordered the security to follow me, not just because of that I was carrying his baby, but he was worried about me as well. I was touched. It made me happy to know that he cared about me. But still before ordering his security guard to follow me, he had to ask my permission.

"Umm...especially now, as you are carrying my baby." He added.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.

"Come in." Chad snapped.

Daniella walked in, holding brochures in her hand. When she saw me, her expression changed.

"Sorry. I thought you were alone." She said, looking at me, and forced a smile. "Your secretary wasn't in her place. So I decided to come without waiting for her." She said, looking at Chad. "I brought some brochures to choose a concept for our engagement party." She said as she gave me a self-satisfied smile.

Engagement party?

If someone comes near me, Mr. Control-freak knocks him over, but he throws an engagement party with his lovely fiancée. I gritted my teeth.

"Umm...yeah...Elise and I..." He mumbled as he ran his hand through his hair,looking at me.

"We finished our conversation." I cut him off. "Bye." I said and left without waiting for a second.

Chad's POV

As soon as Daniella left, I called my secretary.

"To my office immediately." I snapped and hung up.

A few seconds later, she knocked on the door and walked in.

"If everyone brags into my office without asking if I am alone or not, why do I need you?" I snapped.

"Sir, I am sorry. I tried to stop Ms. Martin, but..."

"I am not talking about Ms. Martin." I cut her off. She gave me a confused look. "I am talking about Daniella. If you were in your place in your work time, you would know which visitors I have accepted." I said bitterly.

"Sir, I am sor.."

"Be in your place in your work time." I demanded.

"Alright, sir." She said, her cheeks crimson red.

"You may leave now." I said dryly. She nodded and left.

I leaned back, closing my eyes as I ran my hand through my hair, thinking about Elise. Her expression changed when she heard about the engagement party. The party was Daniella's idea. I didn't want it, but she insisted. Actually, I was not in the mood for partying.

****

Today was Daniella and my engagement party. I was in my suite in the hotel where the engagement party was going to take place. My family still were against this engagement, but I convinced them to attend the engagement party. They said they would come just for me because they didn't want me to be alone at my engagement party.

I put on my jacket while looking at myself in the mirror. Suddenly, my phone rang. I grabbed my phone. It was Mark.

"What happened?" I asked anxiously as I picked up the phone.

"Sir...Ms. Martin..." His voice was strange.

"Did anything happen to Elise?" I asked, worried.

"She gave me the slip. And...." He breathed deeply. "When I found her, she was arguing with Chris. Then..." He paused.

My heart skipped a beat. I was breathing barely. Something has happened. Dammit! Something has happened to Elise or our baby, maybe both of them. A knot formed in my throat.

"He pushed her when they were arguing. Ms. Martin fell down...." He paused. "...Badly. I am taking her to the hospital."

"I..." I could not talk properly. My mind got blank. It felt like I stopped breathing. "I am coming." It was the only thing that I managed to say.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2M 97.9K 38
Can your life change in just one night? Eleanor Miller's life turned upside down when her path crossed with Asher Edward Wright. One drunken night c...
1.1M 34K 26
When a good boy turns into a bad boy... Ethan Carter was the most popular and successful boy in the world. He was handsome, athletic, smart, caring...
4.6M 122K 59
(Completed) Carrying the bag pack, I run. I run from the man I love. The man who is the father of my unborn children. I brush past the security check...
5.4M 153K 52
Blaze Anderson was a spoiled, handsome, intelligent and carefree person. The life for him was just a game. And he was always a winner in this game. ...