I DON'T KNOW YOU

Від kvnopsia

+  .    + ✹    .   ˚ .   *   · ✵     ·       .        ✵ . · · ˚ *   .     · ✺ ·" ⁀ ❝ TIMES ARE... Більше

00.) ordinary days
01.) school days
02.) out of the frying pan
03.) grave memories
04.) trick or treat
05.) party hard
06.) ransacked
07.) silly string
q&a
08.) a little bit of joy
10.) to america
11.) breaking and entering
12.) troubled youth
13.) summer nights
14.) into the fire
15.) first encounters
16.) not so bad
17.) nothing was there
18.) lost and found
19.) homecoming
20.) pick your battles
21.) stop
22.) no place like home
23.) owed explanations
24.) glass and silver
25.) hall of memories
26.) trust yourself
27.) we need to talk
28.) save you
29.) points
30.) old friends
31.) ink
32.) suffer the children
33.) out of time
34.) way down we go
35.) color scheme
36.) hypocrisy
37.) new beginnings
last q&a
38.) graduation
39.) parking lot reunions
40.) finale
( CODA )

09.) and a little bit of trouble

1.9K 69 161
Від kvnopsia

• F U N N E H •

Maybe I shouldn't have gone back this summer.

    I turned around and hurried inside, then shut the door closed behind me. The rain actually was starting to pour down harder than what it was just a few minutes ago. Not too long ago, it was a small drizzle. Now it was starting to look like a minor storm.

     "Who called?" Gold asked, hopping off of the couch. The couch itself was a wreck with its cushions flung all over the floor and our own pillows sprawled across the ground. Our blankets were scattered as well.

"Kyran and Aly. Or rather, Aly was in the background of the call with Kyran." I looked through my call log, showing what time he called.

"Really? What'd he call for?" Gold asked, tossing her yellow pillow onto the chair where we would later clean it up.

"Well actually, it's bad news. Really bad news," I sputtered out with a sigh.

"Bad news? Seems like that's all we've been getting recently," Lunar spat out with her arms crossed, sarcasm tinting her voice.

     "She's got a point," Draco shrugged, agreeing with the comment Lunar had said. I frowned, because she really wasn't wrong.

     "Well, you remember Evelyn, right? I'm sure Gold told you about her." I started to ask before I sat down in a crisscross position on the floor.

    "Yeah. The smart detective girl, right? Gold sent us a photo of her too. But yeah, we remember. Why?" Rainbow clarified, sitting down on her legs across from me to start a small closed circle.

      Gold, Lunar, and Draco all sit down, forming a circle as if we were performing some sort of ritual to an all powerful entity. I started to explain what Kyran told me once they were all seated and ready to listen.

      "Kyran said Evelyn hadn't been responding to their calls so they visited her house to check up on her. Well, her house was ransacked and she was no where to be found. They found this one book that they said stuck out, and inside was numerous ways to kill someone," I explained.

     "Cool," Lunar whispered, intrigued by the book I described. Everyone turned to look at her with a questioning look.

    "What? It's cool to me. Maybe because I like creepy stuff though," Lunar pondered her explanation, biting her lip and furrowing her eyebrows.

    "That's not cool! That's creepy and disturbing. But why would Evelyn have a book like that? I mean, I get that you guys said she was a little crazy but she's a detective! One of the good guys, right? Why would she have a book with a bunch of different ways to kill someone?" Rainbow shuddered.

"I don't know, but I'm worried. Evelyn may have been a little crazy and scary, but she's still our friend. I don't want anything to happen to her," I tugged on a piece of my hair since I've never been a nail bitter.

"I get what you're saying," Lunar sighed, popping her neck and leaning forward so that her chin is resting in the palm of her hand.

"You..." Rainbow's voice trailed off, knowing that we all knew what I was getting at. What I meant in the words and thoughts of mine, what I thought might be best if I or we did.

"....I want to go back to America," I said, "and see what's going on. Maybe I could help. I can't just stay here and let them try and find Evelyn. She's my friend too."

"So do I, but how are we gonna get back? All flights have been cancelled due to the rain," Gold pointed out.

"What? Cancelled? A little rain never hurt anybody!" I exclaimed, puzzled to why they would cancel flights over a small storm.

"I saw it earlier today, when we were watching the movie. I checked my phone and on my feed, they said there was this weird electric tension in the air and it was affecting airplanes. They were dropping like flies, crashing, or getting extremely awful turbulence when the sky was clear as glass." Gold pulled out her phone to show me.

🚨N E W S🚨
UNEXPLAINABLE PHENOMENAL HURRICANE JENNICA SOON TO HIT TORONTO, CANADA
Scientists say they were not able to predict the storm in time. The satellites were down due to some problems with the systems inside them.

     "What? Now we really can't go back," I frowned in defeat, staring at the screen of her phone which was showing me the news report of why the flights were cancelled.

     "Actually, there is another way," Lunar pointed out, "and luckily for you, I know the way." She smirked proudly.

     "Really?" I asked, hopeful that Lunar actually knew a way to get back to America.

      "Yup. So you know how I'm learning alchemy and the whole... potion stuff? Y'know, like witchcraft, but better," Lunar explained.

      I nodded and she said, "Well I happen to have a few extra ender pearls and while I know you probably can't throw one so far that you'll land in America, I do know that if I combine it with a few special items, I can create a teleporting pearl."

"A teleporting pearl?" Gold asked, confused by whatever that thing was.

"A teleporting pearl is a pearl much like the ender pearl, only difference is that instead of having to throw it, you have to imagine where you want to go. But it needs powerful items, and by powerful, I mean items that you hold dearly to your hearts," Lunar explained.

"How long will it take you to make?" I asked, genuinely excited that Lunar knew an alternate way to get back to America.

"Give me an hour. But I'll need to get back to my house," Lunar said, looking out the window where you could see the rain really doing its damage.

     "Run?" I suggested, standing up and looking back outside. The rain was pouring harder and harder by the minute, the street forming large pools of rainwater and flowerpots overflowing.

     "I love the rain and all, but the idea of wet clothes doesn't settle well with me. I mean, imagine a wet and squishy cape hanging around you. Does that sound fun?" Lunar frowned, pulling her short, dark blue cape forward.

     "Looks like we gotta find an umbrella then. I think I left one upstairs. I'll go get it," I said, already running up the stairs to retrieve the umbrella that if I remembered correctly, was a black and white striped one.

     I walked down one of the hallways and found the umbrella in one of the extra rooms we had. I didn't remember why it was in here, but I did recall seeing it in here and I was right.

     I snatched the umbrella and walked back down the hallway, then down the stairs and tossed it to Lunar. She caught it and started to open it when Draco stopped her.

    "That's bad luck if you open an umbrella indoors!" he exclaimed dramatically.

    "Nice. Maybe it's actually is more than a superstition," Lunar hoped as we started to walk out.

   "Good luck," Rainbow wished as Lunar started to leave, "embrace your inner sponge."

     "Wait, one last thing," Lunar paused and turned to look at us, "I need a special item from Funneh and Gold."

    "Okay, but what item?" I asked, putting my hands on my hips.

     "Something you both have that you hold close to your heart. Now, if Rainbow or Draco needed it, then I'd need something of theirs. It has to be from the people who are gonna use it," Lunar shrugged and held out her gloves hand.

    I thought for a second. What if I didn't get it back? Was it worth it? "Will we get our stuff back when we're done using it?" I asked.

    "If I take it apart and split it back into whatever it was combined from, you'll get your items back." Lunar stuck out her hand even farther out, waiting for us to give her the special items.

     I held my necklace, considering it. To me, it was like this iconic necklace that I always wore. I didn't know if the others thought this, but I considered this necklace a representation of the Krew itself, not just about me, but about all of us as a team.

      I pulled my necklace off and placed it in Lunar's hand, then turned to Gold, who was still thinking about what she could give Lunar. It could be her gauntlet, her necklace, or even her armband.

(I honest to God have no idea what those armband things they wear are called so I'm just gonna call them golden armbands😂)

     She pulled off her own necklace and handed it to Lunar, who had a reassuring smile on, and let out a small puff of air.

     Lunar nodded, held up the umbrella, and covered our necklaces with her cape. She stepped outside and closed the door, then with a leap of fate, she sprinted down the road to her house. Even though it would barely take her less than half a minute to get to her house, it felt much longer than that.

      "Do you think she'll be able to do it?" Rainbow asked, her hands covering her arms as she looked out the window where we could see Lunar's house from.

     "It's Lunar; we have absolutely no idea what she can do," I laughed, hands on my hips again. The Krew laughed as well, then we took to the couch and decided to watch another movie to make the anticipating wait go faster.

     Before I forgot, I excused myself and hurried upstairs to my room. I closed the door and pulled out my phone, then dialed Kyran's number. It rung and rung, but he didn't pick up. I groaned and texted him, hoping he'd see the text later.

I dialed Evan's number since he was next in my favorite contacts, and I let it ring. I waited and waited, until he finally answered. "Finally! Evan, I need to tell you guys that—" I got cut off.

"Sorry, Funneh. I can't really talk right now, I'm packing up," Evan apologized, then followed by a grunt which I assume was because he was lifting a heavy object.

"Oh okay. I'll just call back lat—" I was cut off again, but by Evan yelling. I chuckled a little since it sounded like he was yelling at his younger brother.

"Jacen, put that down! That's mom's vase!" Evan yelled, his voice more distant. I assumed he was yelling at Jacen, his younger brother, whom I had met last year on Halloween.

    I laughed. "Good luck with him," I said, then hung up. I dialed Alec's number, hoping to get a response. It rang and rang, but to no avail.

     I sighed and called Kyran. It rang for a while and I was starting to get impatient. No answer. Okay, I could understand the others, but since when does Kyran have a life? Okay, maybe that was a little harsh. Eh, whatever.

      I groaned and sighed, grasping my phone in defeat. Guess I could text them it, but it isn't as fun that way. I walked back downstairs to the others, who were all doing their own thing while waiting for me to return so we could watch our movie.

     I sat on the couch next to Ender, who was all cuddled up in the blankets that had survived the pillow fight. I sighed and pet his head, and with a small wag of his tail, he yawned. I guess I could wait.

• L U N A R •

    I sprinted across the street, my boots sloshing in the puddles that the rain had created. The umbrella Funneh supplied me with kept the rain from drenching me, though my boots were another story. I was just glad my stockings didn't get wet. Imagine wearing soggy stockings.

   Leaping onto my porch, I pushed the door open to let myself through before then closing it. I closed the umbrella, and in doing so, dropped a small puddle of rainwater onto the wood floors that the umbrella had collected from my short sprint.

      I sighed and leaned the umbrella against the wall, then wiped my shoes on the mat. Pudding meowed, looking up at me from her small plush cat bed. Nova scampered out of the kitchen, her hair tinged with water.

She meowed and shook her body, letting some water fly. She pounced onto the table, then onto the bookshelf from there. With a quiet purr, she curled up and slept.

Nova liked to catch mice, so it didn't surprise me when I saw her hair wet. As for Pudding, well, Pudding doesn't really go outside.

I walked up the stairs and pushed past the curtains to my potion room. I opened up one of my books and pushed through all the pages until finally finding the page containing the steps to making a teleporting pearl.

Written in cursive writing, the page listed the ingredients needed and the steps to take in order to create one. I ran my finger down the page, reading it in my head.

I turned around and pulled out a small box from underneath the table. Opening it, I had ender pearls packed into it with stuffing protecting the glass. One wrong slip up and I could waste one if I were drop it.

      Carefully pulling one out, I placed it onto a stand on the table. The stand prevented the pearl from rolling and falling off the table. I pushed the book to the side and gathered all the ingredients needed.

With everything sorted and ready, I cracked my knuckles and with a loud huff, got to work.

-/•\-
       Hey guys! Hope you're all enjoying the story so far. I'm getting better at writing even when I have writer's block.

              Sorry if some chapters seem slow; I need to build up drama and tension and the slow chapters are like small transition from arc to arc.

      But don't forget to vote because I really appreciate it when you guys do. Also thank you so much for 2K reads💖 i appreciate every vote, comment, and support you guys show. You're all great.

     Speaking of love and support, if you like romance and comedy along with drama, you'll love my amazing friend PixelWritez and all her books. I genuinely enjoy them and she's an amazing author and friend. Seriously, she's an amazing supporter of this book.

    Go show her some support (Hopefully she'll read this so thank you for your support, Misa💖)

L U N A is typing.....💬

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

63.5K 1.6K 52
ᴀ ᴄʀɪɴɢᴇ ꜰᴇꜱᴛ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ʙʏ ᴀ 10 ʏᴇᴀʀ ᴏʟᴅ. ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ɪᴛ. ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇꜱᴄʀɪᴘᴛɪᴏɴ. ʜɪɢʜʟʏ ʀᴇᴄᴏᴍᴍᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀᴠᴏɪᴅ ᴛʜɪꜱ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴀᴛ ᴀʟʟ ᴄᴏꜱᴛ. ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴀᴍᴍᴀʀ ɪꜱ...
29.3K 1.1K 35
After Funneh and Gold leave YH for an emergency back in Canada,Alec,Kyran and Evan meet a strange man and he asks them to join his team. His agency. ...
12.6K 424 22
Funneh and Gold are the best (average) agents in the Canadian business. But when a power villain comes along, the duo will need more than just themse...
34.2K 1.2K 22
「COMPLETED」 Draco hears everyone say that he has gone crazy. Others say he's mad. He's struggling against a curse that has bound himself to someone...