Fighting First Love

By kauigirl

First love is an amazing thing. Most people find their first loves in high school, as did Lylah. She believes... More

Love Is Bliss
Life's A Beach
Blast From the Past
Easily Forgotten
Losing the fight
Broken Hearted
Singing Away the Blues
Confrontation and Acceptance
Bonus Chapter (Blayne)
Well. Hello Sexy
Secrets in Closets
What Do You Mean, Commando?
I Love Baseball
Bring on the Alcohol
Bonus Chapter (Blayne2)
Bonus Chapter (Caleb)
Surprise, Surprise
Touchdown Promises
Enlightening Underwear Rescue
Knuckle Head Brother
Bonus Chapter (Leroy and Keri)
Game On
Sea Lions, Sharks, Dolphins Oh My
Hoe Down, Throw Down
Surprise Visitor
Sweet Past, Confusing Future
Motherly Advice
Closure
Bonus Chapter (Blayne and Caleb)
What the heck?
Forever and Always
Epilogue

Hot Damn, What A Kiss

231K 3K 595
By kauigirl

This chapter is dedicated to my sister, who sadly doesn't have a Wattpad account anymore, because she texted me saying I'd be the bestest sister ever if I uploaded today, and if not she would have to take physical action against me. Fearing for my safety, I quickly got writing...lol! Just kidding, about the fear part, not about her threat, she was only joking...I think. Anyway, here it is, I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it!

**********************************************************************

My shoes were on the bar, my hair no longer in a twist but now a loose bun instead, and I was quickly running low on Buttery Nipple ingredients. That meant I would have to make my way back to the kitchen bar to fix another STP. That was so far away though, and I was mighty comfortable sitting on the bar next to my heels. It’s a good thing my dress ended at my knees or I might have been showing way more than I wanted to. I wasn’t drunk yet, just a little tipsy and it felt good. I hardly even thought about Blayne disappearing upstairs with Becca, or where Caleb got off to with that Lisa girl.

Nope…not at all…well, not really. Oh who was I trying to fool? It’s all I kept thinking about, which is why I had just taken my fourth shot. I needed more alcohol so I wouldn’t think about it at all, but who could I ask to get me some? Keri was sitting in the lap of our short stop busy giving him an examination for tonsillitis, and Leah was trying to convince the guys playing pool to let her try once but they wouldn’t, they were too afraid she would knock one of them out with the stick. I giggled just watching how upset she was getting, she was the light weight between the three of us which is why she usually stuck to beer. After her second shot, she was a goner.

I was trying to figure out the most graceful way to slide off the bar without falling flat on my butt, when a smooth and silky voice stopped me. “I wouldn’t do that if I were you, I wouldn’t want you getting hurt in my house.”

Raising my head from the ground, I met laughing green eyes and a perfect smile. His hair was brown and he had some nice lips. They weren’t as full as Caleb’s, but nice none the less. Then what he said registered in my foggy brain, “Wait, did you say your house?”

His eyes continued to show his amusement, “Yes, I did. Let me help you down.” Grabbing my waist, he easily lifted me off the bar and placed me on the bar stool instead, “There, much safer. I was worried you were going to fall, now my heart can relax.”

“So, you’re Bryce, right? The Sharks catcher?” I asked with a smile.

He nodded, “The one and only.”

“You’re cute! Who knew hiding under that ugly cage like mask was a young Jason Momoa look alike?” Yes, I was definitely tipsy if I blurted that out with no shame. It wasn’t a lie, he had light brown skin, short brown hair, and those killer green eyes. Too bad I didn’t feel that spark I felt with Caleb, but he was here now so why not hang out with him? First I needed a drink. “Hey, do you think you could do me a favor?”

“Name it.”

“Could you fix me an STP in the kitchen, then bring it back to me and keep me company till my friends are done arguing and making out with guys?” I said pointing to Keri and Leah.

He laughed again, it was cute too. A little voice said it wasn’t sexy like Caleb’s. Damn that stupid voice.

“I would be happy to do that for you, but there’s one problem. What is an STP and what’s in it?” he asked confused.

I couldn’t believe he didn’t know, “Are you serious? You’ve never heard of an STP?”

“Can’t say I have.” he said, taking a sip of the beer I hadn’t realized he placed on the bar when he helped me down.

“It’s a Sweet Tight Pussy!”

His beer came flying out of his mouth in a spray. Good thing he turned his head in time or it would’ve been all over me. “What did you say?”

“A Sweet Tight Pussy,” he looked at me in shock. “Hey, don’t give me that look, I didn’t name it. I just like to drink it.”

“I see, and what were you drinking over here if the STP can only be made in the kitchen.” he asked about to take another sip of his beer.

I stopped his hand before the beer reached his mouth and answered, “Buttery Nipple shots.” He raised a brow at my hand on his, which I sadly realized didn’t leave my body tingling like Caleb’s did. I really needed to stop thinking about him. “I was just preventing you from wasting any more beer when I told you.”

“Thanks for that.” he took the last gulp of his beer before throwing it in the trash and then faced me again, “So, what and how much of it goes into this drink?”

“You are super sweet and cute. I could just kiss you!” I said leaning closer.

He put his hands up in protest, and I was highly offended. Blowing out a frustrated breath, I asked, “What is it? Am I wearing guy repellent or something?” I started sniffing myself when he stopped me. “You don’t stink and you definitely don’t repel guys. Have you taken a look around the room, almost every guy in here wants you, including me.”

That soothed my ruffled feathers a little, “Well, if that’s the case, why hasn’t anyone other than you come up to me, and why did you freak when you thought I would kiss you?”

He hung his head as if it really pained him that he didn’t allow me to do just that, “Because my boy called dibs on you, and once dibs are called, we gotta respect that.”

I’ve lived with and hung around boys long enough to know what it meant when someone called ‘dibs’ and I was madder than hell that his boy had called it on me. Who the heck did this guy think he was? “Really, just who is this ‘boy’ of yours and what makes him think he can call ‘dibs’ on me?”

“Caleb, and he pretty much got the go ahead from your brothers, well not to call ‘dibs’ but to maybe date you.” he said sheepishly, “You don’t know how bad I wished I called it first, though.”

Such a cutie, and I’m thankful he was honest with me. Seeing as Caleb was busy somewhere with his ex girlfriend, I’m pretty sure his dibs no longer counted. “Caleb went off somewhere with his ex skank, so I think you have another shot.” Wait, did that make me sound slutty? “A shot to date me, I mean, there will be no heading upstairs and getting hot and heavy, I’m not that kind of girl.” I made sure he knew that.

He laughed again, I must be really entertaining, before asking, “I didn’t think you were. Why do you think Caleb’s with Lisa?”

I slumped, really bummed out, “I saw them earlier, she was hanging all over him and then led him off somewhere to do something skanky I’m sure.”

“Did you see where they went?”

“No, but does it really matter? He didn’t exactly push her away, so he must be with her right now.” I grumbled, dusting non existent lint off my dress.

“You’re really cute when you’re jealous,” he said while brushing a strand of hair from my face.

“I’m not jealous!”

He put his hands up in surrender, “If you say so, but if you are…” “I’m not!” I protested. “…if you are, you should know that she was really wasted, and trying to hang all over him like she always does. Caleb’s learned fighting her only riles her up, so he quietly escorted her outside and called a cab. He’s been waiting with her ever since and asked me to keep an eye out for you till he could join you himself.”

I let this process through my thick skull, “So, they are not together?”

“Nope.”

“And he’s not having wild monkey sex with her in a room upstairs?”

He coughed trying to hide a laugh, but I heard it, “You are a cute little thing aren’t you? No, he is not having wild monkey sex with her upstairs. Trust me, she’s the last girl he wants to be with.”

I played with my hands nervously, but couldn’t hide a smile from blooming on my face. I heard Bryce say under his breath, “Man, I’ve never hated the bro code more than I do now.”

“What was that?” I asked. “Nothing, tell you what. I’m gonna go find him and bring him to you, and then you guys can go get your STP together.”

“That sounds great!” I said, then impulsively kissed his cheek causing him to blush.

“Lylah!” I heard a shout from across the room. Uh-oh, it was Koa, turning to a suddenly worried Bryce as he saw the angry look on Koa’s face, I pushed him, “Run, I’ll deal with him.”

Grateful, he took off just as Koa reached me. He turned me in the stool and placed his hands on the bar caging me in, “What the hell were you doing kissing Peters?”

“Peters?” I asked, confused.

“Bryce Peters. What were you doing kissing him, when you were only allowed to hang with Caleb. You’re lucky we’re even allowing that.”

I pushed him back but he didn’t budge, damn muscles of his, “Excuse me? Allow? You guys don’t own me and you can’t say who I can and can’t kiss.”

He was going to argue when I put my hands on his pecks, geez when did they get so firm, and threatened, “Don’t make me pinch your nipples again, Koa.”

He quickly backed up and crossed his arms over his chest with an angry glare on his face, “Look, Lylah. We just don’t want you getting hurt. You’re vulnerable right now, and we already got Caleb’s word that he just wanted to get to know you, not pressure you into anything. He’s a pretty noble guy so we can trust him, but some of these other guys aren’t. You gotta be careful, babes.”

I understood where he and the guys were coming from. I think they were just as scared of me getting hurt again as I was. “I know, Koa, but you guys take being protective to a White House security type level sometimes. It makes it really hard for a girl to have fun around here.”

He laughed at my exasperated expression. “Okay, I promise not to crowd your space anymore, as long as you promise no other guys but Caleb, deal.”

I thought about it for a minute, “Deal, besides, the only reason I wasn’t with him is because he was with his ex.”

“Yeah, she’s something else isn’t she. We saw her hanging all over him and Lance was about to punch his lights out when he looked at us with that face.”

“What face?”

“The one a guy gets when he’s having a hard time getting rid of an unwanted chick. He was practically begging us for help, but we just laughed enjoying the show. He eventually got her outside and I think the cab they were waiting for pulled up just before I came to look for you and found you in a lip lock with Peters.” he recalled.

“It was not a lip lock, just lip to cheek, and I was just asking him to get me another STP.” I said rolling my eyes.

“Just how much have you had to drink?”

“Not that much.”

“Let me test that, how badly do you want to kiss me right now?”

I stood up slowly, concentrating so I wouldn’t slip, leaned into him and rose on the tips of my toes as if I were going to kiss him before whispering, “As badly as I want to…poke a needle in my eye.” Then hopped back up on my seat with a huge smile on my face.

“Nice, you had me going there for a minute. I’ll go get you another drink, so stay put.” he scolded, kissing me on the forehead before heading to the kitchen. I swung my legs back and forth on the stool while I waited. That had always been Koa’s test for me. Ever since one night our freshman year when I got so drunk I basically attacked Koa’s lips. I didn’t remember it the next day and it turned into a joke. The minute Koa started to become irresistible to me, it was time to cut me off.

While I waited, I decided to check on my friends and saw that Leah had somehow gotten a hold of a pool stick, and the guy to her right just barely missed taking a shot to the balls. Keri was gone, so she must be on her way to getting lucky if one of my brother’s didn’t stop her first. They were almost as protective of Keri and Leah as they were of me. Watching Leah, and the wide berth the guys at the pool table were giving her, had me laughing quietly.

“If I had a camera, I would take a picture of you right now and carry it every where I went.”

Looks like smooth and sexy had finally arrived. “Where would you put it? Next to a picture of Lily?”

He shivered dramatically, “No way, I got rid of all pictures of her the day we broke up.”

I know Bryce and Koa pretty much cleared it up that he was no longer with her, but I needed to hear it myself, “And how long ago was that?”

“Last month. Is this because you saw me with her? Bryce mentioned that, but he also said he explained it to you.”

I pretended a nonchalance I wasn’t feeling, “It’s really none of my business, it’s not like we’re going out or anything. You’re free to see or do who you want.” I said with a smirk.

Before I could blink, he was in front of me, caging me in much like Koa had done. The only difference being that I couldn’t breathe, intoxicated by his masculine scent. I leaned back against the bar, shoving my hands under my thighs before I let them loose to run down his chest.

He moved forward, placing his lip next to my ear in a repeat of what he did at the game and said, “Well I was only making sure she got home safely. I’m done with her and don’t plan on starting anything with her ever again, but what if I wanted it to be your business? What if I wanted us to go out, and what if I didn’t want to be free to see or do anyone else? What then?”

Someone call the paramedics because I think I’m having a heart attack! 

He pulled back, giving me some room to breathe, once I remembered how to do that. Getting my hormones under control, I forced out, “I would say that was pretty fast. We hardly know each other. You might find you don‘t really like me.”

He just smiled indulgently, “True, but I feel like I already know you. Theo talks about you non stop, and if my brother is that taken with you, I’m likely to be the same. I’m half way there. There’s only one thing I’ve been dying to know since the day we met.”

Oh dear lord I was a goner. How the heck was I supposed to fight against that? My body was already screaming for his touch, what could he possibly want to know? With the way I was feeling right now, I was ready to give him anything. Well, within reason, because like I told Bryce, I wasn’t that type of girl.

“Wh-what are you dying to know?” Was that my voice, it sounded so breathless.

“If your lips taste as sweet as they look.” he said staring intently at my lips before returning his hot gaze to my eyes.

I wanted to blame what I said next on the slight buzz the alcohol had caused, but that had gone the minute Caleb approached me. Right now it was one hundred percent me that answered him, “Well then, why don’t you find out?”

He didn’t need any more persuasion than that as he leaned forward and brushed his lips against mine. No other part of our bodies touched except for our lips. He pecked them once, then twice, before slanting his head and opening his mouth slightly over mine, letting his tongue taste my lips. It was the most erotic thing I’ve ever felt. He was asking for entrance, giving me the opportunity to pull back if this was too much too soon for me. That knowledge powered what I did next.

Scooting forward in my chair and getting as close to him as I could with my knees in front of me, I released my hands from my thighs, wrapped them around his neck and kissed him as if my life depended on it. The kiss was everything I thought it could be and more. He wasn’t the first guy I ever kissed, but he might as well have been because every kiss I’ve had before paled in comparison to this. Our tongues tangled with one another, battling for dominance while our lips caressed each other’s softly. He playfully pulled his tongue back and I bit his lip in scolding which had him invading my mouth once more with a taste that was pure sin.

He pulled back as we took a much needed breath, and leant his forehead against mine while saying, “So sweet.”

I closed my eyes and smiled, happier than I could ever imagine being. 

“Get the hell away from my girlfriend!”

Sadly, every happy moment must come to an end, this one thanks to Blayne.

So many things happened at once, it was hard to keep track. Caleb turned to face an angry Blayne, Becca was fuming at his side, Koa arrived with my drink confused, and the music suddenly stopped just as I shouted back, “I’m not your girlfriend!”

Blayne made an angry attempt to grab my arm after my shout and Caleb lost it. He cranked his arm back, landing a solid punch to Blayne’s face. I’m sure if we played it back in slow motion we would’ve seen spit fly. Not one to give up a fight, Blayne swung back and I couldn’t hold in a gasp as I saw Caleb moved just in time, only letting the hit catch his chin. They went at it after that, and I was quickly picked up by Lance who had appeared out of nowhere to move me out of the danger zone as Caleb and Blayne wrestled, crashing into chairs as they did. It seemed like Caleb was on top, pounding away at Blayne while Becca screamed at the top of her lungs for them to stop fighting. I just stayed in Lance’s arms shocked silent. I couldn’t believe what was happening, it’s like I was having trouble processing the fact that they were fighting over me.

“Someone should really break that up, but I’m enjoying it way too much. Caleb is my new favorite guy for doing what I’ve been dying to do since the night you came home crying.” Lance said.

Koa looked my way, my drink still in hand and raised a brow in question as if asking me what I wanted him to do. I nodded for him to break it up and he gave me a disappointed look before dropping my drink and heading toward the fight and reaching in there to grab Caleb while Leroy picked up Blayne.

As they were both separated, Bryce shouted “Parties over!” and everyone started to leave. I watched the last of my drink soak up the carpet, and thought to myself, “What the hell just happened?”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30 0 15
In her world full of trauma, entrepreneurship, loyalty, and insecurities, she finally decides to disappear from everything. Aside from her breakup wi...
238 10 15
Love is a death of a Life and the beginning of another. All the years of apposing the idea of letting someone in and giving all of her, will it be po...
35.9K 2.1K 28
_COMPLETED_ ***Warning :- My first book and there's a lot of grammatical mistakes so plz...read at your own risk*** Top Rankings #1 in friendsforever...
705 65 16
It is a sequel to my first story, Behind Of You. "The only way to forget your first love, is to find someone who loves you", I read in one of the boo...