crucio ━ harry potter (1)

By harringtonsbloom

KILLING CURSE SERIES || in which the daughter of sirius black discovers she is destined to destroy the wizard... More

introduction and cast
graphic portfolio + scene manips
volume
i. Crucio vs engorgio skullus
ii. The singing lady
iii. the inner eye and lessons
iv. trevor the toad
v. boggart in the wardrobe
vi. late nights
vii. halloween disappointment
viii. rebellious gryffindors
vix. downfall of quidditch
x. lupin's favouritism
xii. christmas toll
xiii. chocolate cake
xv. the start of the damage
xv. full moon
𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝟮: 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗚𝗢𝗕𝗟𝗘𝗧 𝗢𝗙 𝗙𝗜𝗥𝗘
i. Lonely days
ii. morsmordre
iii. the unforgivables
iv. inevitably doomed
v. punches and the hungarian horntail
vi. unknown parcels
vii. sky full stars
viii. the dog
ix. broken hearts (for more than one)
x. matchmaking
xi. the yule ball (part1)
xii. the yule ball (part2)
xiii. a lonesome christmas
xiv. a splash of water
xv. scarlet women
xvi. incapable of human emotions?
xvii. potter for the win
xviii. the return
xvix. a (not so) cheery family reunion
𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝟯: 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗢𝗥𝗗𝗘𝗥 𝗢𝗙 𝗣𝗛𝗢𝗘𝗡𝗜𝗫
i. drunk words, sober mind
ii. grimmauld place
iv. joys of parenthood
v. difference in demeanour
vi. star wars marathon
vii. black roses
viii. luke's intentions
ix. the boy who lies
x. the first day
xi. detention
xii. saturday
xiii. beckham hampton
xiv. the longbottoms
xv. high inquistor
xvi. hog's head
xvii. hagrid's tale
xviii. the dream
xix. the dragon
xx. the accident
xxi. long overdue
xxii. goodbyes
xxiii. déjà vu
xxiv. arthurs attack
xxv. christmas*
xxvi. times turning
xxvii. chess
xxviii. beckham's theme
xxix. a bad day
xxxi. the start of the downfall
xxxii. o.w.l.s*
xxxiii. caught
xxxiv. ministry of magic
xxxv. loss of control
xxxvi. conjoined
xxxvii. bittersweet ending
𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝟯.𝟱: 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗥𝗘𝗩𝗢𝗟𝗨𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡
i. The change
ii. search for sirius
iii. acceptance
𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝟰: 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗛𝗔𝗟𝗙 𝗕𝗟𝗢𝗢𝗗 𝗣𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗖𝗘
i. the reawakening
ii. unexpected arrivals
iii. weeks
iv. her hope
v. flames arise*
vi. open grave
vii. the boy and girl who lived
viii. don't go breaking my heart
ix. control
x. love
xi. reality hits
xii. adjustment
xiii. tiny dragons
xiv. "why is it always you four?"
xv. gryffindor party of broken hearts
xvi. hyperion
xvii. the party of jealously
xviii. the aftermath
xvix. a different christmas
xx. the ski resort part one
xxi. the ski resort part two
xxii. ron's birthday
xxiii. the aleksanders*
xxiv. felix felicis
xxv. the four sisters
xxvi. sectumsempra
xxvii. tequila
xxviii. crash
xxix. runskin
xxx. bliss
xxxi. the plans
xxxii. the last dance
xxxiii. melancholy
xxxiv. obilerate*
time skip:
01. aurora's lament
02. Accomplice
iii. strangers
epilogue
BOOK TWO IS PUBLISHED

iii. humble encounters

42.8K 1.8K 5.7K
By harringtonsbloom

[ warning : Aurora's temper
will show, don't hate on my
bby.]

If a needle dropped in the moment it would have sounded like a volcanic eruption.

It seemed as though everyone had gone awfully silent. Unfortunately for all of them it seemed rather hard to look away once their eyes all caught each other's. Months it had been, the longest summer it felt like.

Harry's hair was the first thing she noticed.

It was cut and although she loved his scruffy hair last year, he looked much more attractive this year.

Hermione had gotten taller plus her hair wasn't bushy anymore but just slightly wavy at the ends. She appears rather tired and appears as though she was contemplating speaking

Ron had gotten much more handsome. Now all of his baby features completely disappearing as he had gotten brooder in his shoulders.

He glances between Harry and Aurora nervously, only stopping when she turned away.

Harry felt as though every bone in his body was shutting down, his legs went numb, his heart fastened. He found himself gazing. Her black hair was longer than it had ever been and he knew she had no intention of cutting it, she hadn't grown. She appeared tired but then when her eyes met his she looked more awake as she straightened up.

Not after seeing her all summer and knowing how they ended things made a horrid feeling erupt in his chest.

Not knowing whether or not she was gonna talk to him, laugh at his jokes, convince him to do something stupid. It felt worse than loosing a Quidditch match.

And Harry's favorite thing was Quidditch.

Miss Weasley came bursting through the doors.

" Dinner is ready!"

Everyone quickly stood up from their seats as they made a b-line towards the table, unlike Aurora who went to go up stairs and check on Luke, knowing he probably wanted to eat considering he had the appetite of a blue whale.

Then Harry James Potter being his father's son went running after the girl, much to everyone's dismay.

Hermione and Ron quickly followed.

When Aurora was two steps up the stairs, she heard him panting as he came behind her.

" Aren't you gonna say anything?"

Aurora turns around with narrowed eyes trying her utter most hardest not to hit him.

" Forgive me if the knife plunged in my back is preventing my from speaking."

" Preferably without the sarcasm?"

" What's there to say?" she asked coldly.

" I-I er don't know. Anything. You can't ignore us forever." he stated matter of factly.

" Give it a couple of months. I'm sure I'll get used to it. Just like how you got use to lying to my face every day for a year." she replies bitterly.

"Aurora we are so sorry," Hermione begun. "I, we all thought this way would we easier-"

"I'm sorry. I don't remember asking you to join the conversation."

"There's no need to be rude to her!" Ron mentions.

"And I don't remember asking for your opinion."

"It's not like we had a choice!" Harry interrupted.

" That's such utter bullshit! You all had a choice, so don't act all innocent. You could have came back and told me. Every time I told you about how much I loathed him, hated him, you three just sat there and nodded. Harry you nodded and said nothing!" she yells. " What the fuck did you think was going to happen after one year? I still hate him, even more so now!"

Sirius winced from the door.

Finally Aurora was letting off steam. All summer anger was building up in her veins and she swore she was going to combust. Like literally, her body would shake with anger some days. It was best if Harry just left her alone but he wasn't going to do that.

" What could I say, no? I wasn't gonna say no to him. He was a man on the run, all he cared about was keeping you happy. How could we? He wanted to tell you but you weren't there-" Harry yelled back. " And we couldn't even find you after that night anyway."

" So instead you chose to lie to someone who was your best friend, yeah I completely understand that, such a noble choice of you." the words spilled out of her mouth before she could stop them with such anger. " And that night I was busy, stop making excuses you could have told me the next day or you know anytime!"

Ron had never felt so uncomfortable in his life. All summer he had been reassuring Harry and Hermione she just needed time to cool down. He wasn't sure if she was gonna forgive them.

" You would have done the same!"

" There's the thing, I wouldn't have and you know that. I would have told you the moment it happened, you know if anyone even Dumbledore made me swear not to tell you something, I still would have told you. Maybe for once you should have gone - no this is stupid, she actually deserves to know the truth - instead of sneaking around and making me feel like I did something wrong, instead of making me think that Sirius....that he was a murderer. I wasn't suppose to tell you about the maze, I told you. I wasn't suppose to take that gillyweed from Snape's office, I stole it. I wasn't suppose to go to the Quidditch World Cup but I still went because all of you begged me to." Aurora snapped angrily, " So don't you even think about saying I would have done differently. I have loyalty. You three don't. Don't compare me to you."

Harry stares at her. He tried not to splutter out something but then she went to walk away back up the steps and he didn't want her to go so he said the only thing he could.

" I didn't ask you to do that."

" Last time you replied with that answer you got a slap in the face. Do you really want to go down the route again?"

" You don't listen to anyone else's point of views except your own!"

She turns around with narrow silver eyes. " Keep talking your making things a hundred times better."

" It's not my fault you're not listening to what anyone else is saying." he barked back.

Aurora gave him a plasterer grin as she gestured towards him with her hands. " That's because. . .if I'm being completely honest, your opinion isn't really giving me great vibes, right now."

" Can we all just talk this out, please?" Ron begged from the doorway.

" Yeah because we've done a great job of that so far. How about you three tell each other something, then tell me next year, does that sound good?" she spat back.

Harry rolls his eyes. " You don't need to be so sarcastic-"

Aurora crosses her arms. " You don't need to be so stupid-"

" You know what else can I say? You clearly don't wanna talk about this, although unlike you I don't wanna throw away a four year friendship that you weren't exactly invested in, in the first place-"

Big mistake on Harry's behalf. He went to turn around only for her to come back down the stairs with a loud thud.

The lights flickered in the hallway.

" I'm sorry? Come again. No Harry, say it again. I dare you."

" All I'm saying is that you seem to always be hanging out with Dean, Seamus and Neville and that brown haired bloke, it seems as if you never really liked us-" Harry begun backtracking his words when he saw her eyes.

" Never really liked you? What's wrong with having more friends other than just you three? You act as if it's some sort of crime to have more than two friends." Aurora spat whilst she glared. " I seemed to like you all enough when I went to the Quidditch cup though, didn't I Harry? Or when I was your friend for the last four years."

" Maybe you don't understand but your popular, Aurora! Nearly every guy in Hogwarts is pining after you, people lean backwards to do stuff for you, how do you think that feels on our behalf when we can't even talk to you without someone coming over and interrupting?"

Unaware to either of them the entire adults including Sirius, Remus, Tonks, Molly, Arthur, were all behind Hermione and Ron watching the interaction between them.

She felt extremely offended by this, She didn't care how he felt.

" So what I'm popular. It's not my fault that i have insanely amazing social skills and incredible looks-"

Sirius and Tonks exchanged a look.

Although Aurora didn't believe his words, she wasn't gonna sit there and try and fish for compliments saying she that wasn't. Just because she had more friends than him didn't mean she was popular.

" Yeah well most guys are bit more interested in your looks," Harry gave a fake cough. " Enzo."

Aurora felt a bubble of anger splutter in her chest as she steps forward with angered eyes.

" Enzo? What has he got anything to do with this. Enzo was one of the nicest guys I've ever met. He wasn't with me because of my looks, it's an added bonus." Aurora grins sarcastically.

" Enzo was a twat, that's what he was." Harry finalized.

" Oh really? Since when have you thought this-"

" I think I'll speak on everyone's behalf here when I say none of us liked him except Hermione." Ron pipes up.

"How was Enzo was a twat?"

He shrugs. " He just was."

"How was Enzo a prat? Answer the question you glass wearing dumb squid."

" Cause he was practically all over you, you saw the way he was during the Yule Ball, you two were always disappearing probably going up to the broom closet-"

" Some of us like to cease life to the very fullest, it's not fault you've never snogged anyone before." Aurora shot back.

Remus and Sirius grimaced although neither of the teenagers seemed to notice.

" Are you sure Enzo's an actual person. He seemed more like a mechanical robot to me-"

" You know what Harry maybe instead of talking about Enzo, you should go open a book and learn some new defenses spells. Expelliarmus isn't gonna work forever-"

"STOP it both you now!" Molly bellows.

All of them turned towards the door. Remus looked as though he was lost for words. Molly and Arthur were on the verge of tears. Tonks for a once didn't look one bit happy.

Aurora accidentally glanced towards Sirius who looked guilty.

It was a rather sad thought to think about. Harry and Aurora, two people who were once inseparable couldn't stand to be in one another's company, although this was mostly one sided.

From two people who sat closer than a married couple, two people who had lingered eyes on each other for years. Aurora who planted kiss on Harry's cheeks that turned to boy stutter and red and how Harry who would complain about how much he missed Aurora every summer went to this: yelling and shouting at each other.

The thought broke the adults hearts.

"All of you in here now!"

Hermione, Ron and Harry all instantly go into the room.

"No." she crosses her arms, "I am not going in there. You're not my mother you can't make me do anything."

"She gets this from you!" Molly says to Sirius who didn't even appeared surprised. She gives Sirius a look, "Tell her to go in!"

When Sirius turns to look at his daughter he notices her eyes are looking at him with an angered expression. However it changes slightly to a sad puppy dog-eyed expression that makes him frown.

"I'm sorry Molly." Sirius speaks up, "I'm not gonna tell her what to do...."

"Wrapped around her finger!" Molly yells irritably towards him, "Remus!"

"Aurora if you don't go in there and sort things out, Molly is going to wait till Dinner, and make you do it then." Remus mentions. "You might as well go in and get it over with now."

She rolls her eyes and walks past them and enters the room.

" I'm going to allow all of you out when you've stopped being childish. You four think about what you've all done."

And with that Molly Weasley slammed the door.

Two hours, thirty nine minutes and eleven seconds: this was how long it had been since a word was spoken. Ron and Harry were in the corner speaking in a shushed whispers.

Aurora was at the opposite end of the room with her legs plopped on the table with her arms crossed her chest.

Hermione on the other hand was scribbling a bunch of words on a piece of parchment in the middle.

She didn't want to admit it but her and Harry fighting, as in actually yelling at each other was somewhat heartbreaking to her.

Then him saying that she probably never liked them anyway?

It felt as though someone had pulled her heart out of her chest and stamped on it, one million times.

That's probably what Sirius felt when she said she hated him. She ignored the thought.

Harry who was at the opposite end of the room was feeling the exact same as he conversed with Ron.

"I can't believe we fought like that again. We've never even had an argument before all of this." Harry grumbled in annoyance at himself. "I was so rude to her."

"It was wicked to watch, sad but wicked. I don't think any of us have seen something quite like it" Ron mumbled wishing Harry would stop talking about the situation, considering he has been since they got locked in the room.

"She looked like she was going to murder me and I just couldn't stop talking. Worst part was, part of me even enjoyed it, just having her talking to me until I realized just how angry she was and then I just was getting so angry with her and then. .Enzo, I don't know why I brought him into the conversation."

"Yeah I think we were all a little shocked at that statement, should have seen the look on Sirius face looked as though the bloke got hit with a thousand snitches in the-"

"Yeah, I get the idea," Harry interrupted as he ran a hand through his hair, " Do you think I should go over there?"

"No I think that's probably the worst possible thing you can do right now."

Aurora tore her eyes away from the window as she heard Hermione clear her throat from beside her. She tried not to look but failed as the girl caught her eyes.

"Hello."

Aurora gave an unimpressed huff.

"I don't know what to say, I'm really sorry," she sits down. " When Sirius asked us for his help none of us could say no. He was in some state Aurora, we didn't want to risk him doing anything to himself. It was a stupid mistake. We thought he was going to tell you in September but as the months went on he couldn't come back into the country. He wanted to keep your safe and continue with you having a normal life. We thought we would only have to lie for a couple weeks, the longer it went on the harder it became for me to even try and tell you the truth. You're my best friend and the thought of you not being in our group anymore...well it doesn't feel like a group. I'm sorry."

Aurora tried to ignore her but then she saw the watery eyed expression she held.

"I don't blame you entirely Hermione. I know you probably wanted to tell me a million times but Harry and Ron convinced you not to. I'm just a little annoyed that no one told me." she barked the last part. " This doesn't make us even but I understand your point of view."

Hermione eyes widened. "Can I sit down?"

Aurora didn't say anything and for a moment she went to walk away until she pulled her legs back and gestured towards the spot.

"The night we found out, I tried to convince Sirius to tell you but he didn't want to mess things up and after all Dumbledore made us swear not to tell anyone until the time was right for him. I wanted to tell you so so many times, but the more you said how much you hated him the harder it became. I'm so sorry. He was living off of rats to try and survive for the year, he didn't really. . . . .think he was fit to be a father again. And Harry was just so happy he finally had someone in his life again, he immediately agreed,"

"Immediately?" she repeated. "Shows how much be cares."

Years of being friends and he immediately agreed? She thinks, that stung.

"Aurora." Hermione whispers, looking at her if she was foolish. "Harry cares about you the most. If you can't see that then...you must have something wrong."

To this she couldn't help but glance across the room towards the boy who was looking downwards.

"-There was a bit of hesitation. I think the only reason Harry said yes was because he wanted to know more about his parents plus have a chance at a real family. Ron didn't agree with it either but we didn't really have a choice. He had to leave the country anyway." Hermione replied. " You wouldn't have had much time to even know him anyway."

"I have such great friends."

"Sirius really did try though. I mean he cares about you so much

Hermione watched Aurora's reaction to her words.

"Not that I care but what did he say?"

"He wanted to tell you so bad. He sent us all letters nearly every week asking how you were, and wanting to know things about you. Loads more as well. Harry's knows it all though." Hermione gestured towards Harry. " He knows everything about you. Really, he does."

Aurora's facial expression quickly changed as she waved it off, "I don't care anyways. Maybe he should take up that relationship with Harry instead."

"Can I ask you something?"

Aurora nods to this, "Free country.

"Why don't you care?"

For a second she didn't answer.

"I needed him when I was younger, Hermione. Now I'm totally fine by myself. I've survived this many years without a parent, I don't need one, I don't need him. Frankly I don't need anyone."

"Survive, yes. Live? No."

"I don't need him-"

"But he needs you. Aurora can't you see how much he adores you. You don't know if you need something till you have it. I mean would you have thought you needed. .Luke for example, before knowing him?"

Without having Luke as a friend, her life didn't seem worth as much.

"I care about Luke more than anyone will ever understand."

"Then why not try and talk with Sirius?"

"I'm pretty sure he's only trying to be all nice to me because it looks bad on his behalf. Harry can have him instead."

"Do you think maybe the reason your so angry with Harry is because. . you like him Aurora?"

Harry James Potter, she thinks. Rich black hair, light green eyes, glasses perched across his nose, pale skin. Hair in which Aurora loved to mess with despite his constant debates not to. Wore the same shirt since since she met him. Never means what he says, short-tempered, listens to what you have to say, sweet, funny, sarcastic, dog person rather than a cat person, loves butter-beer but with that said loves all the food from Hogwarts. Sweet, kind, loyal, selfless, misunderstood. Fantastic wizard. Underestimates himself. Blames himself. Adorable when he doesn't know anything. Could talk for hours about Quidditch if he wanted to. Best seeker Hogwarts ever had. The worst at keeping a straight face. The worst dancer she ever met. Fascinated by everything in the Wizarding world. Stands up for what he believes in, even if no one else will believe him. Determined in everything he does. Aurora Black who would pretend that every time his lips brushed of her cheek, that she didn't want to move her head just in time for them to accidentally kiss.

( Harry Potter who was most definitely and utterly in love with Aurora Black not to her knowledge )

" No, of corse not. That's absurd!" she whispers, " Why on earth would you say that?! He's my...he was my best friend!"

Hermione's heart broken when she realised the girl would most likely never receipted feelings for him.

Right now it didn't even appear as though she was going to try and be friends with him or Ron.

Yikes

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 1.6K 41
These one-shots contain friendship one-shots and romantic ones. As specified in the title Y/N will be presented as a women throughout all included se...
41K 1.1K 17
I did violence to my own heart. Marauders Era / Regulus Black. Sourfaeries, 2021. All Rights Reserved. [ previously c...
288K 9.9K 53
„what if i would ask you to kill for me?" „then i would kill for you." ❝ THE ONE IN WHICH REGULUS BLACK'S DAUGHTE...
1.9M 119K 104
{𝗕𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝟮} It all started with a kiss. Or better say, everything ended with a kiss. What Jenna Potter thought was going to lead her to a beautif...