Shewolf

By thefeelsofbooks

Water will turn to Ice, and mud can turn to stone. So what happens to a girl with problems when her body tur... More

Hot Stalker
Timid
Monday
Colors and Closets
Koala
Full Moon
Stranger danger
Wolves
Kiss
Shewolves
Huntress
High School
Inferno
Wraiths
The Nymph
Sunset Lovers
Hopeless
At Last
Friday Nights
Tungsten
The Boy
Chimera
Payton
Guilt and Grief
Darkness
Oceans
Remembrance
Eye of the storm
Ignite
Sacrifices
Goodbye Home
At Last a Haven
Ecstasy

Bite night

31.1K 894 215
By thefeelsofbooks

Wasssupppp my friends. I am back with yet another Werewolf story. My goal is to see just how many Werewolf stories I can write before I run out of plot ideas.  Sooo anyways... Adelaide Kane plays Melanie :)
*
Enjoy
*
Tick tock, tick tock, tick to-

The bell rang, signaling the end of yet another bitter week of school for Melanie.

She gathered all of her journals and books back into her bag, before standing up. As she got up, a shadow crossed in front of her vision, and she looked to see the reason she dreaded school.

A boy named Joe.

Joe was Melanie's loathed ex boyfriend, who seemed to try and make her life miserable from the start. Everything he said, and every move he made was an attempt to damage Melanie more.

It worked.

"You look like you've seen a ghost," He whispered. Melanie looked everywhere she could, except at him. She feared looking into his taunting gray eyes, which stared her down as if she was a rabbit and he was a wolf.

"Please move," She said. She internally scolded herself for allowing her voice to shake. This solidified Joe's power over her.

Joe didn't move, he remained like a wall standing in front of her. He had her trapped between her desk, and him. Melanie wanted to cry, and Joe smiled when he saw her big brown eyes become glossy.

"Now, Mel." He grabbed her chin, "Don't be scared. I would never hurt my girlfriend." He gritted his teeth, gripping her chin even harder.

"Joe, you're hurting me now," She whimpered. He didn't let go, forcing her to look him in the eyes.

She froze when she saw herself, pale as a ghost and tear filled eyes of horror. Melanie hated herself for being weak, she hated herself for not being able to fight back.

But Joe had made her too scared to fight back. Every time she thought about fighting back, she'd remember what he used to do to her if she did.

She shuddered.

"I know you miss me," He said, "I can see it in your eyes. I can practically hear the thoughts beneath these gorgeous brown locks of yours."

He started to run his fingers, thinned and long like a skeleton, through her hair. He roughly yanked through some tangles, before he took a fistful in his hand.

"You're going to come back to me, you want to know how I know?" He asked, pulling Melanie close to him.

Melanie was frozen with terror, and it was written all over her face.

"Because you know what happens when you don't do what I want," He said. He held her there for a few seconds longer, before a pair of shoes came clanking into the room.

"Melanie," A voice said. Melanie filled with relief when she saw Payton, her friend.

Her only friend.

Joe and Payton stared at each other for a few seconds before Payton spoke.

"You know, I just got my nails done." She held up her hand, which held some perfectly done acrylic nails. "Such a shame that I'll have to ruin them by castrating you."

Melanie smiled at her friend, who remained glaring at Joe.

The two stood like that before Joe finally let go of Mel's hair.

"We aren't finished with this conversation," He spit. He stormed out of the room past Payton, who waved him a very sarcastic goodbye.

Payton redirected her attention to Mel, who was walking towards her.

"You good?" Payton asked, but Melanie just nodded.

"I'm fine, let's get going." Melanie said, walking past Payton.

Half an hour later, the two of them sat in Mel's room on her bed. They faced each other, talking about the many things that happened this week at school.

"Did you hear that supposedly there's this 'new' boy coming next week?" Payton spoke, popping a chip in her mouth.

"A lot of new boys come each week, what's so special about this one?" Melanie asked.

"Well apparently he's really hot, and I mean really hot," She said, "But I've also heard that he's been charged with assault on numerous occasions."

"Great, just what I need," Melanie spoke, "Another psychotic guy to be best friends with Joe. Who knows they'll probably gang up on me one day."

Payton rolled her eyes, tossing a couple of chips at her pessimistic friend. Melanie swatted the chips away, before laying down.

"Or, maybe you two will fall madly in love and he'll just beat the shit out of Joe for you. Daily!" Payton replied, laying next to Mel.

Mel snorted at Payton's theory, wishing that it was true.

"In case you haven't woken up from fantasy land, that will never ever happen."

"Oh, but it could," Payton retorted.

"Oh, but it won't," Melanie smiled.

Payton and Melanie kept talking, neither of them realizing that they were being watched. Well actually, that Melanie was being watched.

"Have you come out yet?" Mel asked Payton, who let out a loud groan.

"No, I don't know how my parents will take it. You know, telling your mom you're gay isn't always simple." Payton responded, but Melanie shrugged.

"I wouldn't know. One, I don't have a mom. Two, I'm not gay. But you are, and I'm sure she already knows. And if she doesn't, I'm sure she's going to be totally fine with it."

"What makes you so sure?" Payton asked.

Melanie shrugged again.

"I've just seen how much your mom loves you, I doubt she's going to get mad."

Payton's phone buzzed, and she looked at it. Her platinum blonde hair shadowed her face while she read the text.

"Speaking of which, my mom wants me home. She's freaking out because apparently police say someone was mauled to death by a bear." Payton said, already gathering her stuff.

Melanie nodded, following her friend out of the room and down the stairs.

"I'll try and come over tomorrow, but if I can't, I'll see you at school." Payton said, walking out of the door.

"Don't get eaten by a bear!" Melanie joked, watching Payton flip her the finger.

"Shouldn't I be the one saying that to you? You're the weirdo that lives in the middle of the forest."

Melanie laughed, going inside as she saw Payton close her car door. She heard the gravel shifting beneath the tires, and the car pull out of the driveway.

And now she was alone.

Her dad was probably off somewhere drinking, and well her mom was dead.

"What to do now?" She mumbled, staring at her phone which was pretty dry, and her laptop. "YouTube videos it is."

She sat on the couch, pulling a blanket over her cold body. Once again, the heater in the house seemed to be broken.

Great, another winter without heating. She thought to herself, clicking on a video to watch.

The video started to play, distracting all of Melanie's senses. She was so engrossed in her fails video to even notice that the motion detector light in the back had come on.

She clicked through video after video, her absentminded laughter filling the small room. Melanie was comfortable, nobody around to bully her, no Joe around to beat or belittle her.

She was alone, which is just how she wanted to be that night.

Unfortunately for her, that wasn't the case.

A loud thud came from the back porch, bringing Mel back to reality. She paused her video, looking outside of the window to see if she could see what made the noise. But she saw nothing except for trees and some bushes.

She warily turned her attention back to her video, pressing play. As soon as she did, the creepiest sound filled the air.

Scratching, right outside of her door. Melanie looked at the door, wondering if maybe someone was messing with her.

She grabbed a bat that she'd kept under the couch, and walked slowly to the door. She gripped the bat hard, out of fear and anticipation.

Once she reached the door, she opened it slowly.

Every sense in her was saying not to open the door. But Melanie was too curious and too scared not to.

She stood in the doorway, with the door wide open to see a porch. There was nothing on this porch, but Melanie got the feeling that she was indefinitely being watched by someone.

"Is someone there?" She asked, only to be greeted with a low growling sound. Melanie froze again, realizing that this might actually be a bear.

"Oh please no," She whispered. Another growl filled the air, but this time it was louder. Melanie went to hurry back inside, but something dropped right in front of her.

And that something was a body. A dead body, maimed beyond recognition.

She let out a shrill scream, taking off running towards her car. She reached it, trying to pull it open. But it was locked, and Mel realized she left her keys in her bag.

Which was in the house.

"Fuck!" She cried, rushing towards the house.

As she ran up the steps, something grabbed her. Claws tore through her skin, leaving her on the ground screaming in pain. She struggled to pull herself into her house, in hopes of deterring the animal that had grabbed her.

But instead, she felt a mouth wrap around her neck, and then a bite. She heard her skin tear, and what sounded like her bones breaking.

Another scream came from her mouth and her screams soon turned to gasps for air, and then gasps to stay alive.

She didn't notice that something had scared the beast off, for she was too busy bleeding to death. She stared up at the roof of her house, shaking.

She wanted it to be over already, but those few seconds where she laid there bleeding out, seemed to be excruciatingly long.

Eventually her eyes closed.

She wasn't awake to feel the arms that lifted her up, or hear the crunching of leaves as this person carried her through the forest.

She wasn't awake for any of it.

Not even her own body healing in a matter of minutes.

I think this was a pretty good start, how was it?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 147 40
Zaya Montgomery is an ordinary wolf, she has everything. The dream life of any wolf. Perfect family and friends, the daughter of a respected Beta in...
64.9K 636 12
Suddenly, I feel a hand that intertwines mine. The touch is warm but still not enough to comfort me after the news I've just got. I feel someone is...
93.7K 2.3K 33
Why judge a book by its cover.. That's your worst mistake and your fault. I will strive high and fight back. .......... Meet Demi. A true Alpha fe...
117K 5.5K 47
"I am visiting under unusual circumstances. I won't bore you with the details but I have lost something of mine and I was hoping you could help me fi...