Fin

Par HarleyRush

Marinley is a different kind of Mermaid. She prefers the company of sharks and spends her time protecting se... Plus

Prologue: Mermaid Money
Chapter 1: Mouth of Teeth
Chapter 2: Shark Ridge
Chapter 3: Speak of the Devil
Chapter 4: Do I Correct Him?
Chapter 5: I Think Mermaids are Overrated
Chapter 6: Marinley Has a Crush on a Human
Chapter 7: Space Cadet
Chapter 8: Illumia Cove
Chapter 9: Green Slime
Chapter 11: Fighter
Chapter 12: Fuck You God
Chapter 13: Jessica Alba
Chapter 14: Pirate Ship
Chapter 15: Haha...Tail.
Chapter 16: Seviran
Chapter 17: Grow a Fucking Tail
Chapter 18: Be Closer to You and the Sea
Chapter 19: Family Isn't Blood, It's Love.
Chapter 20: For Once, Keep Your Mouth Shut.
Hey Bitch. Get Ready to Get Fucking ROCKED!

Chapter 10: Prom

27 4 0
Par HarleyRush

Sailor

I know we were supposed to meet here, but I wish I'd been able to show up with her. She's running a little late and I really hope she isn't standing me up.

She wouldn't do that. My conscious argues, giving me a little bit of hope.

Marinley seemed to be a woman of her word so I knew she would show up.

I just wasn't sure when.

"Where's Fin?"

I shrugged.

I really didn't know.

And it was kind of making me anxious.

"She'll come, I know it." Clary said with a smile, squeezing my arm.

I hope so.

There was a spotlight at the top of the stairs that you stand in before you walk down. Well, it shines on you before you descend the stairs, trying to make people feel cool I guess.

When the light flickered on I heard everyone gasping and I knew who it was immediately.

I turned and looked at the top of the stairs and there she stood in a crimson red dress that hung off her shoulders, two slits going up her legs showing off how long they were. Her hair was a curly mess, and her makeup done dark yet light at the same time with deep red lips to match her dress.

She was the most beautiful woman I've ever seen.

And she was here with me.

Doesn't that make me feel like a million fucking bucks?

Pardon my language.

I started walking towards her and it seemed like she could sense me because her eyes snapped right over to meet mine.

And then she smiled, a beautiful smile that had me lost for words.

Her eyes seemed to glow in the light, making her look even more beautiful than she was. I couldn't take my eyes off her, and a few other guys felt the same. Their dates weren't too happy about it either. Even some girls were staring at her in awe.

That was Marinley though, captivatingly beautiful.

Maybe it's the Mermaid in her? All I know is she's the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen.

God how many times can I call her beautiful in a couple of paragraphs?

She met me with a hug, and I didn't want to let her go.

I still couldn't find the words to say to her either.

"I-You look...wow." I finally got out, mentally scolding myself.

God I'm an idiot. Not my finest moment.

Marinley slightly blushed but held her grin, not hiding the fact that she was totally checking me out.

That made me blush a bit.

"Now I know why girls are always drooling over guys in tuxs. You look hot as fuck."

Did I mention I love how much she swears? I don't swear often myself, but she always does. Another thing to add to the list of things I like about her.

But she said I looked hot.

It was nice to know she was attracted to me too.

"You're late." I told her with a playful grin, never removing my eyes from her as she rolled her eyes, shaking her head with a grin on her red lips.

"At least I came." She countered.

She was right-at least she did come.

"Would you like to dance?"

Her eyes flickered over to the people dancing, then she slowly nodded. "I don't really know what to do but sure."

I didn't even think of that. She probably doesn't know how to dance. It's fine, I'm not the best dancer either.

I lead her to the dance floor with her hand in mine-I was ecstatic that she didn't fight me and just held it.

I liked the way her hand felt in mine.

I also noticed that she wasn't wearing shoes.

I really believe she doesn't like them.

"So just feel the music and go for it." I told her, showing her some weird moves.

She watched me with narrowed eyes and then looked around, staring at the others and how they were dancing.

She slowly got into it, and then once she loosened up a bit it seemed like she was enjoying herself.

She was swaying and moving with the beat, dancing around me and laughing. I decided to dance as ridiculously as possible. It had her laughing, but she started to dance like me too.

"This is so much fun!" She cheered, shimmying her shoulders with a giggle.

We enjoyed about three songs before a slow song came on. I stuck out my hand and she looked at it then took it. I pulled her into my chest, her eyes going wide as she placed her hands on my shoulders to steady herself. I put my hands on her waist and moved us in slow circles, helping her get the hang of it.

Once we got our own rhythm going, she moved her hands apart more and rested her head on my chest. She had a content smile on her face, her eyes closed as we moved. I put my chin on the top of her head and held her closer, feeling at peace in this moment.

The one I wanted was happy to be in my arms and it made me feel like just for a moment...she felt what I did too.

I took one of her hands and swung her out, twirling her back into my arms. She laughed, gesturing for me to do it again. I twirled her around a few times and dipped her. Then were staring into each other's eyes. She held my gaze easily, a timid smile on her ruby red lips.

I couldn't help myself.

I leaned closer, almost bringing my lips to hers.

But I wanted her to close the distance.

She leaned closer, her eyes fluttering shut, and I realized in that moment I was about to share my first kiss with the perfect person.

Well-Mermaid.

"Sailor!" Someone shouted beside us.

In my surprise I dropped Marinley, her eyes going wide as she fell to the ground. I gasped, reaching down quickly and helped her to her feet. She glared hard at Lisa, who had a panicked look on her face.

"Any reason why you interrupted us?" Marinley growled out, her fists clenched tightly at her side.

"It's Clary! She...well I didn't know! The punch was spiked and she was drinking it like crazy and now she's really drunk and I don't know what to do!" Lisa cried out, looking really worried.

Marinley gave me a look, and I read it easily-

She was angry.

And it made me happy that she was angry we were interrupted.

I'm not happy about it either, but I have to take care of my best friend.

"Lead the way."

Marinley looked at me with narrowed eyes, then sighed and followed after Lisa. We followed her outside and I could hear Clary screaming-a playful scream thankfully-and we followed that to her. She was in the water, dunking down and popping back up.

"I know you exist! Just show me you're real! I have to know you're real!" I finally made out.

You have to be kidding me.

That drunk idiot is looking for Mermaids.

If only she knew Marinley was one.

"Clary! Get out of the water!" I shouted, a little aggravated with her behavior.

But she's never been drunk before, so I'm not surprised that this is how she's acting. I actually kind of feel bad for her.

"Sailor! I know they're real! You have to help me find one!" She dunked back into the water again but was taking a while to come up.

I started kicking off my shoes but Marinley was already on it, stomping her way down the sand and into the water. She pulled Clary up by her dress, who had passed out, and slung her over her shoulder. She stomped her way back towards me and gestured for me to lead the way. My house was only a few blocks from here, we could make it.

"I'm sorry I interrupted your moment I just didn't know what to do-It's okay Lisa. Thanks for getting us. We'll take her home, go enjoy the rest of your prom."

She looked like she wanted to argue but nodded, leaving towards the school. Marinley carried her with ease the whole way back to my house, she wasn't even breaking a sweat.

It was a tense silence and I wasn't sure why.

Hopefully she wasn't upset with me.

We brought her into my room and laid Clary down on my bed. Strover started whining when he woke up and noticed Marinley was there.

She called for him and he followed us out and back down to the dock. I stood there staring at her as she pet all over Strover. I'd have to start bringing him down to the dock more. I feel bad he's always stuck in my room but I can't have my parents find him. At least my mom anyways.

She hates dogs.

"I'm sorry about what happened tonight. Clary has never been drunk before, but it shows you how much she wishes you were real. Even though you are."

Marinley stood and her eyes met mine. "It's okay. Eliyah was like that the first time we drank together too. I mean he wasn't looking for Mermaids, but I had to carry his ass back to our cave. He's a lot heavier than she is."

I took a step closer, brushing her hair from her face so I could look into her eyes.

"I'm sorry about something else though." I muttered.

She watched me carefully, not blinking, and then her eyes moved down to my lips. She leaned in and her eyes slowly shut. I leaned in too, and right as our lips were about meet, I heard my name being called.

Again.

"Sailor! Get inside! Your mom and dad will be back any minute and I know you have Strover!"

Marinley pulled away and growled slightly, the noise surprising me.

"I'll see you tomorrow." She grumbled, bending down to kiss Strover between the eyes before jumping into the sea.

Strover whined and pawed at the water again before relenting and followed me back up to my house. I put him in my room and went back down to eat with Willa. I heard the front door open and close and then two pairs of feet hit the steps.

"Mr. and Mrs. are you hungry?" Willa called out.

"No. We ate. Is Sailor home?" My father asked, making me tense up. He never speaks to me.

"I-I'm in here."

"Tomorrow you will be up bright and early and I'm taking you to the warehouse. Be ready by 7am. Understood?" He yelled.

Why he couldn't just come ten feet into the kitchen I don't know.

"Fine." I called back.

They said nothing else and went up the steps towards their room.

Not even a goodnight.

"I'm sorry Nugget." Willa said quietly, taking my hand in hers over the table.

I gave her a sad smile but didn't respond. I should be used to this by now. But sometimes it gets to me. The two people who put me on this planet wanted nothing to do with me.

What did I do wrong?

"I'm going to bed. Thank you for dinner Willa. I'll see you tomorrow."

Willa kissed my forehead and bid me a goodnight. I made my way up into my room and flopped down on my bed. I don't know if he knew I was upset, but Strover moved from the foot of the bed to come lay down next to me instead. I gave him a good scratch under his chin-where he likes it the most-and smiled when he started to lick my face.

"You're such a good boy." I told him, his tail thumping against the bed in excitement.

I looked out the window with a sigh, wondering what Marinley was doing. I can't believe we were going to kiss tonight-twice-and we got interrupted both times. My first kiss would've been with a Mermaid.

That got me thinking that maybe...maybe my feelings weren't just one sided.

Maybe she felt something for me too.

A Mermaid might have a crush on me too.

That thought alone put a smile on my face and I fell asleep pretty easily after that.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

8.5K 527 28
Sirens are foretold to be breathtakingly beautiful, enchanting, and merciless with their victims. A siren's voice is like poison to their prey: it co...
19.9K 1.1K 54
[COMPLETED] She was the most beautiful creature he had ever seen. She was ethereal and mystical and utterly impossible. Her mere existence challenged...
381 23 9
An innocent soul ventures into the deep waters Tainted Spoilt In love with a siren ~ Read for more ♡ ~ TRIGGER WARNING: Contains death, war, bloodsh...
2.2K 93 26
(book 1 out of 3) (completed) Ariadne Bayou had a pretty normal life. She just moved to Dewie creek, South Carolina. When her new friends take her t...