Lipgloss Coven

By anpotter

NOW AVAILABLE WORLDWIDE ON THE CHAPTERS INTERACTIVE STORIES APP! http://chatstory.crazymaplestudios.com/Page... More

Chapter 1 "Kool Thing"
Chapter 2 "Dirty Boots"
Chapter 3 "Bull In The Heather"
Chapter 4 "Superstar"
Chapter 5 "Sunday"
Chapter 6 "Drunken Butterfly"
Chapter 7 "Sugar Kane"
Chapter 8 "Mildred Pierce"
Chapter 9 "Cinderella's Big Score"
Chapter 11 "Youth Against Fascism"
Chapter 12 "Teenage Riot"
Chapter 13 - "Creme Brulee"
Chapter 14 - "Wish Fulfillment"
Note to Reader

Chapter 10 "Incinerate"

148 10 0
By anpotter

Mom walks into the room and breaks the moment so I forget all about the shifting design on the doll's dress. 

Mom looks sad, but I'm still angry - I have to be angry, I have a right to be angry.

"Erika I am so sorry you had to find out like this."

"Since you were in on the great deception, I find that a little hard to believe but ok."

She looks defeated and I feel bad for a split second. I know that beating her down isn't going to get me home to bed any faster and I'm getting tired.

"Mom, I'm a witch - you're a witch - dad's a witch - I'm going to need some time to process all of this. I can't be ok with you tonight but I also don't have the energy to fight with you."

Hermione ushers Morgan and Willow towards the door.

"I think we'll all step out for a minute and let you two talk." she says as the three of them leave.

Mom takes a seat on the sofa across from me.

"Erika, you haven't changed, you're still you. Now you'll have this added part of yourself" that won't take too long to get to know."

"Magic, of all things to get to know."

"I know it has to be a shock and I am really sorry for that."

"Mom, it's just - why did you hide it from me for so long?"

"Well, because you are Reine Des Sorts, but mostly because I was really scared. On the day that you flew with your kite - you wouldn't stop talking about it after you did it. You were so excited, happy - you had discovered your hidden talent and you loved the feeling of astral projection."

She pauses to dab a tissue at the corner of her eyes. 

"I knew you'd do it agin. I was so worried that next time you wouldn't be able to come back; you were so young. So undisciplined, without any way to train you and the prophecy of your birthright, we decided to protect you."

I didn't mean to steer the conversation in this direction, this was a conversation for another time. My eyelids feel heavy, I'm really tired - this has been too much.

"Mom, I know that Oliver told you I'm in danger and it's late so let's stick to what's most important for now. What do I need to know to keep myself safe?"

My mother nods in agreement.

"The spell has been broken, your memories and full power will return now, all of it."

"How can I be useful against an enemy by floating outside of my body? I mean, it's not like my ghost self can pick up an ax and stop an attacker."

"Erika, I can't give you all of the answers, some things you will have to figure out on your own. But, there was a well-known prophecy at the time of your birth. People of magic and non-magic have heard it." She looks at me very seriously now.

"The coven of a Reine Des Sorts female will one day face a great evil. The coven leader will use Reine Des Sorts powers to vanquish an ancient source and end an ancient war."

 "So it has always been my name that's freaked people out here."

"Yes, it has."

"Everything that's happened, all of the strange stuff - it's all making sense now."

My mom nods and stands up again.

"Erika it's late, and I think given what happened to Charles tonight, that  it would be safer for you to stay here with your coven. You already have a room here for college."

I rise to stand with her and she puts a hand on each of my upper arms. 

"Can you forgive me?"

I look into her eyes and realize I can't really keep up my anger, it won't change anything.

"I can forgive you, but can you appreciate that I am not quite over this yet."

She embraces me and gives me one of her best mom hugs.

"I get it sweetie, I can give you time. Happy birthday by the way."

"Thank you. The doll helped, I can feel my ancestors."

"The doll?" Mom seems surprised so I show her the doll and explain that Aradia located it for me. 

"I recognize it, it's a powerful Reine Des Sorts totem. And lesson number one, that's what all spell casting is, calling on your ancestors."

She turns towards the exit with an arm around my shoulders.

"Which is why you are so important - very few witches have been as powerful as the women in your family. You were born to lead this coven." 

Miss Hazel from school suddenly appears in the doorway with Hermione and Willow blocking our exit. 

"Hello again Erika. Samantha, may I speak with you privately? I'm sure Erika would like to see her room, it's getting late and we do have classes tomorrow."

"Yes Hazel, of course." My mom warmly greets my teacher with a handshake and a kiss on each cheek. 

"Erika, why don't you go with the girls and get settled into your new room. I'll be up to say goodnight to you before I leave." 

"Sure Mom, sounds good. Miss Hazel, see you tomorrow I assume." I nod at my teacher as she enters the room and my mom returns to the sofa to take a seat on the edge. 

"Come on Erika, let's go upstairs to your room." Hermione tuggs on my arm and I follow her down the hall. 

I follow Hermione to a room on the second floor. the room is beautiful, with an ornate fireplace and a four poster bed.  

"Your mom brought you something to wear to bed when she arrived. Willow's got you covered for tomorrow so you don't have to worry about what to wear to school."

Hermione hands me a bag with one of my oversized tshirts - funny, it's one that says "Hogwart's School of Witchcraft and Wizardry - and a pair of booty shorts to wear underneat. 

I pop behind the antique screen in the corner and change into my clothes for bed. I'm exhausted enough to jump right in, I don't care who is in the room with me. 

I pull back the covers and hop onto the bed, something is nagging at me. 

My Mom and my teacher seem like more than just old college friends.

"Hermione, how do  my mother and Miss Hazel really know each other?"

Hermione perches on the edge of the bed.

"Your mom grew up with Miss Hazel, but they were once members of the same coven. Miss Hazel knew you when you were a baby, she helped your mother with the spell that bound your magic."

"And when we left them downstairs, were they talking about school plans for tomorrow?"

Before Hermione can answer there is a knock at the door - it's Morgan. 

"One second!" Hermione calls out.

"Are you ok for me to let them in?" She whispers and looks down at my exposed thighs - booty shorts, got to love them.

I give her a look as if she's a bit of a prude, besides it's probably just my mom. 

"Come in." I call back and Morgan enters the room. His eyes slowly caress every inch of my exposed skin from my bare toes, all the way up to the hem of my tshirt - which happens to be not much longer than my shorts. He takes a seat on the chaise lounge in the corner of the room.

"Anyway, I was about to say that the high school is protected by a spell. You can't be hurt while you're there, as long as you don't step off school grounds."

"Good to know."

Miss Hazel taps at the door frame and comes into the room with mom. 

"Hermione, Morgan, you should both get some sleep too." She nods at both of them in turn.

"Agreed, goodnight Erika, I could definitely use some sleep." Hermione gets up and leaves the room. 

"I'm sticking around here - if that's what Erika wants." Morgan stretches to take up even more of the chaise, claiming it as his "spot". 

A surge of electricity runs up my abdomen, I don't really want to be alone tonight and if it's Morgan who will be keeping me safe - I can live with that. 

Miss Hazel is speechless so my mother steps up instead.

"Erika, you're eighteen now so it's your decision." she says.

"I want him to stay." My mother gives me a look that says she wants to tell me what to do but she knows she can't.

"I'll crash on this chair right here, all I need is for Erika to part with just one of the many pillows on her giant bed over there."

I toss a pillow at his head and he catches it, grinning. 

"Ok, well, before I leave I want you to know a few things. Erika, tomorrow there will be at least one member of this coven by your side at all times. Now that you know who you are, we'll plan an official joining ceremony. We'll want to get this done as soon as possible." Miss Hazel turns towards the exit and turns back to say one more thing.

"I'll give you an enchanted object tomorrow, that you may use to summon me at any time. It will work as long as you can get the range you need to reach me - kind of like how a walkie talkie works, if you know what that is." 

I do, I've seen E.T. a few times and heard that a lot of the walkie talkies used to be guns that the director covered up. 

Turning to my mom Miss Hazel says, "Samantha, I had better go I have a report to file with the elders. The attack on Charles tonight has changed everything."

"Good night, Hazel. I'll be right behind you." Mom turns back to me.

"Your father will be here this weekend."

"Good, you shouldn't have to deal with my disappointment in you all by yourself." I say while sliding my legs between the sheets and getting comfortable in my new bed.

"I guess I deserve that." She looks down at her hands and I glance at Morgan who shakes he head and mouths the word "savage". 

I soften, "Look, Mom it's late, we all need to sleep I'm sorry."

"No, I'm sorry. This hasn't been  an easy night." she looks up at me again.                      

"I promise I will try to understand why you made the choices you've made. Everything is just so new to me and  I feel like I'm still in shock - I've only been a witch for what? An hour?"

"I get it." She straightens up again. "Morgan is really staying in here with you?" she looks over at him and he does a cute wave/salute. 

"Don't worry Mom, we're exhausted and nothing's going to happen." I look at Morgan who actually doesn't really look very tired at all. 

"Right, well, Happy 18th Birthday, I trust you and I love you. Don't stay up much longer." Mom pats my shoulder and kisses the top of my head before walking towards the door.

She takes one last look at Morgan on the chaise and me in the middle of my giant four poster bed, all alone. I wonder for a moment if it's possible for her to use her witchy powers to tie him to the chaise with just one look. 

"Goodnight Mom, please shut the door when you leave, I love you."

"Love you too Erika." 

The door closes and you're finally alone with Morgan. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

740 25 20
-"We are all like the bright moon, we still have our darker side" . . . Lilith Beverly, a young university student at Grilitgham Enchanters, is det...
100 3 2
Growing up the son of a fairy King - Easy. Being accepted to the fiercest, strongest, fairy warrior army ever to protect the realm - Easy. Making t...
3.9K 633 21
In every werewolves life they wait for their eighteenth birthday with zeal. That is because they get their mates. I was one of those people waiting f...
283K 17K 52
[COMPLETED] My grandmother is a witch. My mother is a witch. My sisters are witches. Even my daddy is a warlock when he's not moonlighting as a rat (...