How to be Aesthetic: A Guideb...

By InventiveAi

it feels like there's a secret to being aesthetically pleasing that everyone knows but you. so you try be aes... More

Origins :
definitions & types :
subcategories ;
pastel ; basics
photos ; the basics
landscapes ;

retro/vintage ; basics

8K 69 12
By InventiveAi

next to the common art hoe the vintage/retro look is very much in and popular with the masses. i was asked to do this one and it's a personal favorite so here's i'm run down on it. (although if y'all want i can go more in detail about this or anything else you want me to cover)

style.

first things first your look, getting that old school feel with how you dress. hand me downs, thrift stores, and up recycling clothes are 100% the goal because it will have that old, vintage, used, retro feel and look that you want for this aesthetic. also getting clothes like this will save you a lot money because preowned things do run cheap. hand me downs are basically free, thrift stores sale usually fashionable clothes for cheap, up cycling clothes is fun and cheap since you take old clothes and turn them int new cute outfits (i do it and i can make a chapter on it if you want-ways to save but be aesthetic will be something i'll write soon), and also garage sales are good places to look too. just remember to always wash the clothes once or twice before warring it- be clean!

there are big name stores that have the vintage look but usually it cost more. and the look will be everywhere like if you shop forever 21 you're going look like everyone else and it won't be as fun. you can still shop there i do once a year but you're going need to think outside the box on mixing and matching clothes. like i learned how rock bell bottoms with a crop top. like don't be basic make a statement. not everything you wear will have to do that but it's good to at least have one show stopper up your sleeve. for the most part i can't tell you how do that because for it to be good and work it has to be personal and unique and very much all your doing. so there's that to think about and work on. no matter the look make it feel like you and have some originality in it otherwise you're going look like everyone else and where's the fun in that?

anyways, getting faded jeans and shirts are totally fitting the look. shirts that have an old school look are a must. maybe it's like an old school or simple design that you can tell as been worn out from over the years which is why hand me downs and thrift stores are such a good idea because you already get that look of it's been worn a lot because it's a good shirt, it's cute jeans. oh! patches are a great idea too. i have so many ideas because this is my vibe. like patches on jeans like if you get preowned jeans they'll rip faster and honestly getting already rip jeans i know is big i like them sometimes you probably like them but honestly just get old jeans wear them a lot do a lot in them they will rip on their own. put patches on them if they're ripped or not or paint on them if you feel good enough because it makes it feel real and like you own it. it's personal and unique. one of a kind. and that means everything.

patches on jean purses (which you can make) are also super cute and stylish. pins are good for jean jackets too. like jean jackets are big for vintage. denim in general really. here's a few different cool examples of that vintage/retro look that everyone seems to love:

for me it's pretty basic stuff and you rather look at actual tends of the old days and go from there but that's a lot of inspiration to go off of and i mean a lot of it isn't bad but i like to be more authentic. so if you want be as crazy as i am look at actual old photos and fashion trends and pick out what you like and go from there. thrift stores and hand me downs make it easy because usually it'll be actually from the time you're going for because vintage/retro straight up is a blast from the past/dressing like back in the day. (even though it usually is not even from a life time ago and is pretty modern in the sense you're parents, grandparents, or older siblings probably lived through the aesthetic you want. more likely someone older in your family. which that's all fine. there's probably a psychological reason why. it's chill. it's cool. don't worry). enjoy things however you like

bedroom.

now for the bedroom. honestly having a bedroom fit a certain aesthetic always seemed odd to me. probably because my room is mix of every aesthetic there is. from fairy lights and plants to books and funky posters all over its a mess of who i am and you're bedroom should be too. i'm going keep this short and simple there isn't much of a real way to reasonably make your room retro looking. faded colors on everything, older looking things from bed to walls to desks and everything into between. polaroid pictures work well but they work well for any aesthetic. y'all can do what i did and go through old family photos and use those. i have real original genuine Polaroids from way back when. one is of my mom when she was 18 and the other is my brother and i in the hospital when i was born. so getting stuff from the actual past is always great and fun. there isn't much you can really get besides old looking nicknacks and other things of interest. again look at old pictures online of what bedrooms from that time period looked like and go from there using those as a frame of reference. using the real deal to aid you in your aesthetic is always the best idea as long as you do it within reason.

photos

lastly the photos. i had trouble thinking of what to say for this one. honestly take lots of action shots and use filters (not a personal fan but if you want that old feel to them something to mush up the color could work you'd have look around to see what personally works for you). pictures of anything old looking like an antique store, which if you're like me try to visit often, work pretty well. angle shots are cool and work with things like a movie house or something like that. really just everyday life that feels like it could fit in the old days is good. the picture doesn't need to be perfect just have that old homey feel that reminds you of better years and takes you back to a different time. it takes work and practice and leaving the house to venture in new places but it's worth it when get those sweet calming vibes of different times.

also side note but maybe do what i do and talk similar to how they use to talk if you really want go all out. it can feel silky but i tend to speak with older phases and usually it doesn't sound weird or out of place. no need to  go around saying how everything is groovy (tho i kinda do) but say how you dig someone's vibe or something like that. we still use slang from back in the day not often but it's still around so it would hurt to knock yourself out with some radical slang from way back when.

and that's all i got for now. i didn't update all summer and i'm really sorry about that! this is such a distresser during the school year that i forgot about it during the summer since i didn't need the break of pace. but if you're still with me i'm glad because now i can actually take requests and do them within reasonable time. so if you're up for more and want me to cover something let me know and i'll get right on it for real this time. thanks y'all and stay safe

peace

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18K 430 71
Continuation of Modesto story who happens to intercourse with friends,mature,classmates,strangers and even family...
67.1K 3.1K 73
❤️
84.2K 3.6K 22
فيصل بحده وعصبيه نطق: ان ماخذيتك وربيتك ماكون ولد محمد الوجد ببرود وعناد : ان مارفضتك ماكون بنت تركي !
249K 7.9K 176
What if a Pokémon Trainer found herself in the world of One Piece? What if she found herself with the Strawhat Pirates? What if she finds herself get...