Just Another PA? |EDITING|

IceSkatingIsLife0

"Thank you for putting me at my place." He said. "Thank you for giving me a place." She replied. Natash... Еще

Hello.
***
Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three.
Chapter four.
Chapter five.
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight.
Chapter nine.
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter nineteen
Request.
Chapter twenty.
Chapter twenty one.
Announcement
Chapter twenty two
Chapter twenty-three.
Chapter twenty four
Chapter twenty six
Chapter Twenty seven.
Chapter twenty eight
Chapter twenty nine.
Wedding pictures.
Chapter thirty.
Chapter Thirty-one
Apologies.
Chapter thirty two (Ending.)
Epilogue.
Gratitude and end note.

Chapter twenty five

6K 265 8
IceSkatingIsLife0

"Be kind to yourself then let that kindness flow out."

Natasha's POV.

My aunt had fully recovered now, and we were on the plane that was originally booked to see my, my mom, a few months ago. 

Shopping with my aunt wasn't easy. I mean it should be right but she kept panicking about what her sister would think about it.

"I haven't seen her in 13 years if you were in my shoes you would understand, I want to make a good impression." She said going through the clothing rack.

"She's your sister how you look like won't matter." I said.

She looked at me with sad eyes. "You don't understand do you."

She sat down and automatically I sat down with her.

"Since we were young our parents had a future already planned out for us. All prosperous futures. Of course I didn't want to be a lawyer fighting for guilty people and as the oldest my parents believed I was a rebel kid and when my sister started going towards the course set out for her she became the favourite. When she married your father who back then was a prosperous businessman my mum was so proud and she even sometimes referred to her as the oldest clearing showing me how disappointed she was in me. Anyways I didn't care but when things went downhill for her and she ran away mum blame me saying that I had rubbed my rebellious attitudes on her. So we lost contact, my mum and I, and now we are meeting again." She said the sighed

I put my hand on her shoulder and turned her face to look at me.

"Whatever happens you are family. What your mum thinks is irrelevant and your sister will be more happy to see you then what you wear."

She gave me a reassuring smile then we finished our shopping.
And I was right before we made it past the gate of her modest house she was running out to meet us.

"Sarah!" She said engulfing my aunt in a bone-breaking hug. "Its so good to see after all these years"

"I'm happy to see you to." Sarah said then sniffed clearly she was crying.

I gave them some time while they stayed in that position for some time and I turned to admire the house. For some weird crazy reason I saw my self growing up here the way a normal kid does, my brother and I, being surrounded by the beige walls and well-manicured lawn.

"Natasha!" Maria turned to be a little hesitant how how she would display her affection for me.

"Hey " I said bringing her into a tight hug. I didn't know if she recognised that I didn't greet her with mum or she did and ignored it.

She pulled me back and looked at me. Her eyes were as emerald as mine but just not as shallow as mine. Her one were deep with history and experience. Her skin wasn't as wrinkled as expected but clearly it was genetic looking at my aunt.

"Thanks for looking after my baby girl." She said turning to her sister. "Come on let's go inside. There's a lot to talk about." She said.

The doorman put the bags in the designated rooms and Maria allowed us to change and join her for dinner.

Going into my room one thing caught my attention it was the window seating.

Looking at it I knew that would be my favorite place of all places. The pink was warm and inviting bring life into the room. I put my bags down and walked over to it. It faces the beautiful garden and pool.

Unconsciously my mind started imagining myself living here and what it would be like growing up in this room. But I quickly dismissed it until after I had the full understanding on why Maria left me the way she did.

Throwing on some sweatpants and a crop top

I went downstairs now hearing the bell for dinner.

The ways things worked in this house were um how would I put it ? Old fashion.

There were more plates and cutlery on the table then in my whole house. According to Maria, it was to eat different meals. I felt like the little mermaid.

During the course I tried not to be awkward while Maria and Susan had their reunion.

"So now Natasha is working for Mr Lorenzo Rinaldi that's why she was at you charity opening." My aunt said.

That's when I zoned into the conversations.

"Lorenzo Rinaldi ." my mum said the name over and over making it come out in different tones.

"I am so tired I'm going to head up to bed." Tantin said getting up and kissing my forehead.

"Night." I whispered.

Then it was very silent.

"So Natasha...." Maria began

"Why?" I asked. That was the only question that could answer all questions.

"Why what?" Maria asked.

"Why did you leave us or me? Why didn't you come to the funeral? Why didn't you come back? Why?" All the questions were flooding out of my mouth.

"I did come to the funeral. But I just didn't want to make myself known. After I left the hospital I had to go for therapy on my constant relapse from the abuse, honestly I can't really explain to you or myself why I left you, it was the worst decision in my life and I deeply regret it." She said

I just stared at the eyes that looked at me. Those were the eyes I saw when I was growing up the eyes that told me that they promised to keep me safe. Yet those same eyes had disappeared for 14 years.

"I looked for you everyday I visited the hospital thinking you would return yet you didn't." I could feel my voice crack and my eyes began to moisturize.

"Oh honey I wished I could have come back for you but the lawyer said it would have been better if I didn't. They found some information about your dad and found out that he not only abused of me but several other woman and he had a ganged who did the same thing. Unfortunately I was the only one who produced a " heir" as he puts it and they had a bet on who would lay hands on you first
when you turned eighteen " she concluded with a disgusted look on her face.

"Wait he told you that?" I asked shocked.

"Yes. The night before I tried to escape with you. He came home and it slipped out thankfully " she looked at me.

"That's why he tried to touch me." I said mostly to myself.

"Who?!" Maria cried aloud.

"That night the man that was with dad. But Johnny stepped in. Oh mom do you think they will come again." I said fear gripping me.

"No honey. The last I heard was that your father suffered a heart attack and passed on. But his gang have been sentenced to life. No ways will they get hold of you " she said holding me in her arms.

Then I saw her smile.

"What's funny?" I asked.

"You called me mom, and here you are in my arms like the little girl I knew." She said smiling.

I let that slide feeling comfort in my mums arms. Saying the words felt just right as it had fourteen years ago.

"Except you aren't little anymore but here you are working for Mr Rinaldi." She said.

I felt myself blush.

"What is there more I don't know about?" Mum asked.

My blush deepened some more.

"Oh, my soul. Susan! Susan!" Mum cried.

Before I could protest my aunt ran through the door.

"What? I thought you were asleep ?" I questioned.

"And miss my sister and niece patch things up. Never ." she said taking a seat. "Now talk."

I looked at both of them wondering how in the world we got to this point.

"Heaskedmetobehisgirlfriend." I said in one breath.

They both sat still then they both started grinning in a creepy sisterly way.

"And?" mum asked

"I told him to wait until after the trip," I said

"What? Why? " mum asked.

"Maybe cause we are moving too fast?" I said more like questioned.

"Well do you want to be his girlfriend?" Tantin asked.

"More than anything," I replied and it felt good to say it out loud.

"Then what's stopping you?" Mum asked.

I looked at her then stared at the my toes.

"Oh honey not all couples end up the way your dad and I did ." she said understanding me only away a mother understood their child. "And Lorenzo doesn't seem like that person."

I sighed. She was right. Lorenzo hadn't given me any reasons to doubt him and talking about how I felt out loud made me realize how I had nothing to worry about.

"Call him and tell him yes." Mum said picking up my phone.

"What no. I'll sound so desperate and it might be late there." I said.

"Nonsense. You've made him wait too long." My aunt chimed in

"Hey you are suppose to be on my side ." I said.

"OK it's ringing," Mum said

"How did you know my password?" I asked.

"Lucky guess?" Mum said then winked .

Only my mum would know my password for it was the day my life changed.

"Hello? Natasha?" Lorenzo's voice filled the receiver.

Butterflies flooded in my stomach. Its amazing the effect someone had ones you admitted your feelings for them.

I looked at my mum and aunt who were grinning like teenagers.

"Hi Lorenzo. " I said

"Are you OK? " he asked.

"Well... remember the question you asked me earlier today?" I said.

"Aahhh. Yes." He said and I could see him grinning.

I hesitated, muting the call I looked at the two in front of me.

"I don't know if this is a good idea." I said.

"Honey do you admit that you are attracted to him? Do you like him? Do you want him in your life?" Susan asked.

"Of course. Yes! I want him, all of him. Is that what you want to hear?" I asked.

"Yes that's what I want to hear." Lorenzo said. And only then did I realize the call had been unmuted.

-----------------------------------------------------

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

Fluke Kennedy Trent

Чиклит

1.1M 62.5K 53
"For a place called Paradise City, this island sucks. I don't think a single day has gone by that I haven't thought about stabbing the shit out of my...
My Journey To An Indian HighSchool Yuvi

Подростковая литература

8.7K 696 32
!!New Life, New lessons!! "Growth and comfort do not coexist" Katie Buffett got mollycoddled her entire life. Blessed with dotting rich...
YOU NEVER EXPECT joy_bliry

Любовные романы

8.7K 388 60
"I'm the most eligible bachelor of America I'm a billionaire and you're rejecting me" "YES" "Tell me what you want I'll give you anything" " Anything...
13.9K 354 34
Hey, my names Sofia or how my friends call me "lil' soso". Sofia is sassy, classy and a bit bad-assy she breaks the rules, talks back, smokes, drink...