One Last Chance: A Nymphadora...

Av SunsetButterfly321

"You've got one more chance to fall in love. Are you going to take it or not?" Falling in love just wasn't t... Mer

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XVI
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLIII
XLIV
L
LI
LII
LIII
LIV
LV
LVI
LVII
LVIII
LIX
LX
LXI
LXII
LXIII
LXIV
LXV
LXVI
LXVII
LXIII
A Letter to You
THANK YOU

LXIV - Epilogue

2.7K 66 72
Av SunsetButterfly321

Andromeda had sobbed for days after hearing the fates of her daughter and son in law. She had never quite understood why Dora had forgiven Remus, but now more than anything regretted not forgiving him herself.

Molly, Arthur, Kingsley, and Headmistress McGonagall had attempted to break the news calmly, but even she spotted the tears in their eyes. They'd arranged a funeral for all those who died, including her children. Her lively beautiful daughter. She'd finally began to accept Remus as her son, but now, he too, was gone.

They handed her a few slightly charred slips of papers about the size of her hand. They was messily folded, as if someone shoved them into their pockets in a rush. She unfolded the papers.

"Where did you get these?" she asked the group.
"Remus' pocket. They fell out as a few of the students moved them to the Great Hall." Kingsley said softly.

Andromeda felt another round of tears as she studied the pictures. In the first, It was a delicate picture of her daughter, laughing with her chocolate eyes twinkling in the light. Her face was wet, and it seemed that they were standing in the rain. The next picture was their wedding day, a picture her husband must have taken. Dora was leaning on Remus' arm as they fell asleep on the couch. In the third picture, they were dancing at Bill and Fleur's wedding, laughing. The next, Teddy was there. Andromeda assumed that she had taken that picture. Remus was cradling Teddy, the proudest smile on his face while Dora stood next to him, beaming at the camera. The last picture, was of her holding Teddy. The Andromeda in the picture was smiling happily but had a tinge of sadness in her eyes. She rememb ered that picture quite well, as her daughter had just given birth and was comforted by Remus. Madam Pomfrey had taken the picture. Andromeda received another picture from Kingsley, one that he'd meant to give them after it was all over. The scene was clear, right in front of the lake. Right after Dumbledore's funeral. Remus and Dora were kissing happily, and someone from the Order must've snapped a photo there.

She sobbed with happiness, finding comfort in the fact that Remus really did love Dora. Andromeda found a lot of other things that had belonged to her daughter and son in law. A wooden box of notes and strange ashes. She didn't question who they were for, since each of them were written in Remus' neat and artistic hand. She'd found a few sweaters that belonged to the both of them, they smelled like warm food, chocolate, and occasionally baby powder. She found a numerous amount of little chocolates that Dora must've given Remus at some point. She also found several bouquets of flowers.

She tied up the small bundle of pictures, then sent copies of them to Harry for him to give to Teddy when he was older. The other, seeming more personal things, she kept. Andromeda wasn't sure how long she'd live, but made sure her grandson would see how much his parents loved each other and him. More than anything in the world.

She'd nearly forgotten about her grandson. Her child's only child. Teddy was now the apple of her eye and she loved him completely. With her daughter, husband, and son in law gone, who else could her heart turn to?

She saw their bodies at the funeral, so serene and peaceful. Their hands entwined together, seeming unable to be pulled apart. Andromeda sobbed as she held Teddy in her arms, only a month old. Molly had taken him from her so she could truly mourn her dead. Every Order member had agreed that they would be buried together because they would have wanted it that way. They'd had so little time for each other before, now they had all eternity to be together. Their love would never be forgotten.

But what if one of them had lived, though. One parent. A singular wizard or witch to raise Teddy, with the help of Andromeda, his wonderful grandmother.

Would he be able to stand to hear his mother's quiet cries behind the bedroom door, pleading for his father to come back. Could he watch his mother's eyes fill to the brim with tears whenever she looked at him? To see her decreased love's eyes? Would he withstand hearing her screaming from the nightmares that taunted her every night? Could he listen to the audible gasps and whispers that tormented her and him in the streets, knowing that his father was dead and couldn't remind his mother of his happy smiles and kisses? 'She married the werewolf.' 'That's their son.'

Or could he stand hearing his father's strangled gasps the moment his hair turned a different color? Or the fact that he would suffer his full moons alone? Or the very few withering glares of his grandmother towards his father? Would he stand hearing the whispers in the streets? Could he watch his father begin to fall back into depression, as his mother was one of the only lights in his life? Would he be able to stand seeing his father's utterly heartbroken face the moment he saw a picture of his mother. Would he be able to see the pain of war and losing a loved one in their eyes. And to find out that his mother has lost her life to her aunt... could he really be able to see his father cry every May 2nd?

Teddy had been named for the dead. For those that came before him. And those that left him before they could really meet him. He heard his family's strangled cries and gasps every time his hair was pink. Or his eyes an amber brown. Or every moment someone called him by his full name. Everyone mourned the dead. His parents were extremely well loved by those they knew. A bright and brilliant metamorpagus, who used her powers to make everyone smile and laugh? A kind and loving professor who dedicated himself to helping those around him? He saw many cry as he grew up. Their broken and tear stained faces. All because of who he reminded them of—his parents.

But had one of them lived, would Teddy grow up happier than he was now? One of his parents would get to see him become the person he was now. They'd laugh at his pranks. His jokes. They'd smile at his high grades and color changing hair and eyes. They'd see him grow.

Or maybe if they both survived? An idea that Teddy never seemed to be able to process after suffering for so long. He'd get to really meet them both, not only hear stories from his grandmother and godfather and the rest of the Weasleys. His grandmother told him about how happy they were. Dancing in the rain. Playing peekaboo with him as a baby. Sweet and gentle kisses. He'd learned from the Weasleys about how lively his mother was, using her gifts to make them all laugh. How wonderful his father was as a professor. But most of all, how they struggled to find the peace to be together. And it was the story Teddy fell asleep to. The story everyone loved to tell him.

~oOo~

Andromeda sat on the corner of her grandson's bed, tucking him in gently. She couldn't stand sometimes to see the similarities between her grandson and her daughter and son in law. She even saw her husband in him too, for whom he was named for.

A knife struck her heart every time Teddy's hair flashed a shade of pink or he wore that classic smirk. Every time she saw him sipping a cup of tea with a book in his hand, eyebrows tight in concentration. Every time he told her a joke, the smile reaching his eyes. Her grandson was only ten, and would be leaving for Hogwarts soon. She only hoped that those wonderful little things wouldn't fade.

"Gran, can you tell me a story?" Teddy begged that night, "Please?"
Andromeda laughed and relented, "Okay, What kind of story?"
"Any story."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes, Gran."
"Okay."

She sat for a moment, musing over the different tales and myths she'd heard over the years. Classic Disney stories would be best for his age. But she knew what story to tell to him when she looked at him once more.

Twinkling amber eyes and a bright smile. Something she knew wouldn't leave her. Something that she'd seen from the moment he was born. Something that would remind her of her daughter and son in law forever.

"Okay Teddy. Once upon a time, there was this beautiful girl with bright pink hair and a smile that shined like the sun. And there was also a man with warm amber eyes and a kind demeanor. But he hated himself because he was a monster. As soon as he saw the girl, he was immediately smitten by her and they fell in love..."

~oOo~

Andromeda watched, utterly confused as to why her thirteen year old grandson stormed into their home, with his hair flashing an angry red. He had thrown his jacket aside and shoved his wand in his pocket furiously. She knew that he'd just come back from visiting the Weasleys and Potters.

"I hate him!" he roared, while Andromeda looked on with pity. She also wanted to slap her grandson for coming in like that, but soft hearted as she was, she let it go only for those few moments.
"Teddy." she spoke sternly.
"I'm sorry, Gran. It's just..." he suddenly changed from a tornado to a gentle drizzle, looking so sad and melancholy. "he left her."
"Who?"
"Dad. He left Mum. When he found out that she was pregnant with me."

Andromeda's eyes widened, the details of that night flashing in her mind. Her daughter, crying at her doorstep. Remus, running off into the night. She too was suddenly angry for a moment, then found herself once more.

"Teddy, your father only thought that he was doing what was best for you and your mother."
"Well, it wasn't right, was it." he hissed angrily, "Sorry Gran." 

Andromeda didn't know how to tell him the story. But then began.

"He left because he thought he'd cursed your mother and you to a life of hatred and poverty. He wanted her to be able to find a job again. He loved you both so much that he was willing to leave, if it meant that you would live a better life. He thought you'd be so much better without a father you'd be ashamed of. He came back soon after, of course. It killed him on the inside, and even as they died, I don't think he ever forgave himself for that."

Her grandson looked at his hands bashfully. His face had softened and his hair was its usual turquoise blue. Teddy's glanced back up at her, looking so sad and ashamed.

"Did—did Dad know that—that I'd never be ashamed of him?"
"No, he didn't, Ted. You weren't even born. But when you were, I can say that's the happiest I'd ever seen your parents."
He looked like he wanted to cry, "I can't even remember them. I'm a terrible son."

Andromeda tried to keep from smiling. He'd must've inherited his mother's somewhat fatalistic views on life. She remembered her daughter crying out that she'd be a terrible mother, as Remus hugged her, trying to assure her that it won't be as bad as she thought it would be.

"Teddy, you were only about a month old when they died. I don't expect you to remember anything."

Tears began to form in his eyes. Andromeda realized how he'd felt. He didn't know anything about his parents. He must've felt guilty about accusing his father about something he didn't really even know about.

"Tell you what, Ted. How about we visit Harry again and ask him to go with us to see if we can use the pensive. With Headmistress McGongall's permission, of course. That way, you can learn all about them."
"Okay." he sniffled, wiping his face. Then he slowly brightened up.

Andromeda smiled. She couldn't fight the fact that she would forever see her dead loved ones in her grandson, but was glad for the reminders of them nonetheless.

~oOo~

Teddy knew for a fact that his beloved parents were watching him from heaven. Caring for him and watching him grow. He felt it every time he saw a picture of them.

"Hi Mum. Hi Dad." he spoke to a moving picture of his parents, who were laughing and grinning back at him, "I've gotten a girlfriend. I really think you'd like her. She's Bill and Fleur's daughter, Victorie." he smiled, "They like to tell me that without them getting married, you wouldn't have ended up together and had me. She's wonderful and I really wished you could meet her. Lily Luna—Harry and Ginny's daughter—really wants me to marry Victorie someday, since I spend every week with the Potter-Weasley family and she wants me to officially be part of the family."

He laughed and ran a hand through his bright blue hair, "I really hope you're proud of me up there. I was sorted into Hufflepuff. But I guess you knew that, right Mum? You knew Professor Longbottom, right? He and Headmistress McGonagall enjoy telling me that I have my father's eyes or my mother's personality."

"Harry and Ginny and the rest of the Weasleys miss you guys. I learned all about you through them. And Gran, of course. Love you mum and dad." Teddy quickly blows a kiss to the picture, knowing that his parents were always going to be with him. No matter where he was.

~oOo~

Remus Lupin sat by his wife, watching Teddy from their preferred spot in heaven—in front of a fireplace surrounded by all his old friends. The fire crackled and hissed, dancing in its fireplace. They sat there, sipping hot chocolate from Christmas themed mugs.

"He's gotten so big now." Dora whispered, looking sad and regretful, "I can't believe that's our son. It felt like only days ago that he was a baby, smiling at us."
"Yes, it does feel that way." he sighed, taking another sip.
"I didn't think everything would be alright, all those years ago."

They both regretted not being able to raise their only son. Their baby boy. They'd watched as he grew upset and threw fits and were unable to be there and provide comfort. To even prevent the fits from happening at all. They weren't there to celebrate his first birthday, nor his seventeenth. And they regretted that every moment of their lives in heaven.

They yearned to talk with him, to be normal parents. Remus had always feared that Teddy would he picked on because he didn't have parents. Dora had said he was being silly, but he knew she felt the same way. They were both so scared of the bitterness Teddy might have.

But they looked on, smiling happily. Dora would laugh every time someone pointed out how Teddy was a perfect combination of the both of them. Funny and a prankster like his mother, but diligent in his studies and kind like his father. (Not to mention, a huge chocolate lover.)

All those years ago, when they'd died more recently, all they did was worry. For months. Sirius would always tell them that Teddy was going to be fine. Lily and James were a comfort to the both of them, telling them that Teddy who'd grow up very happy surrounded by loved ones and he wouldn't hate either of them for dying so soon. Remus had only wished that they'd done all of this sooner, they would've have more time for each other and more time with their son. It was his stubbornness that caused his regret.

But strangely, he didn't regret their very close year of friendship. He regretted the long time he waited for her to love another one, unable to realize that he was enough for her and she didn't want anything more. He regretted being the root of her pain. He regretted not be able to be with his son and wife just a little longer...

But they were all right in the end. Teddy had soon learned what really happened and why they died—they died for him.

Remus and Dora smiled as he watched Teddy propose to his girlfriend, Victorie.

"I always liked her." Dora beamed.
"They're a perfect fit. Somewhat opposites, but perfect together." Remus sighed contently.
"Just like us." His wife grinned, and Remus leaned down to give her a quick kiss on the lips.

They pulled away, holding hands and laughing. Teddy was more than just their son. He was their legacy.

Hey everyone's what's up?

Okay, I've got several bits of info for you reader.

You guys know about that muggle coffee shop AU I'm hoping to write.

Well it will soon be published.

Here's a summary for your peace of mind.

James Potter's excited to finally be out of his parents house, out of the shadow of his famous father and ready to begin a whole new life managing a  coffee shop his mother used to run. Soon a very pretty girl shows up at his shop, and he's quickly fallen head over heels. But that girl thinks he a lazy and arrogant child, who wouldn't survive a day in the real world. James is ready to do everything in his power to get her to like him.

Sirius Black's completely ready to be out of his abusive home and in the real world, where he knew he would finally be free the withering glares and painful punches from his parents. Now he wants to begin a new life working with his best friend, but what happens when his fears come back to haunt him? 

Remus Lupin's tired of being seen as a burden, a pain and is determined to make something of himself. But what are the hopes he had for finding friends or a job with his contagious condition?

Peter Pettigrew's exhausted  from being the useless, weak one. After finding a job at the shop next door, he finds something better-working for someone who's willing to do whatever it  takes to get what he wants.

Even with two very interesting new customers and a serial killer on the loose, running a coffee shop seems like the brightest idea James had ever come up with.

What the heck could go wrong?

Here's the summary. Now the cover.

Tell me if it needs any changes.

And number two, there will be a very long one shot accompanying this book. For now it's called "If they lived..." but it might change. The title kinda gives away the one shot, it's really long, and will be in this book after this chapter is published.

I'm still writing it, so don't expect the one shot to be published in a few days' time.

Lastly, I want to thank every single one of you and you all mean so much to me. You're all amazing readers and I love you guys for that. You're all AMAZING.

Yours forever, and definitely not signing for the last time,
Abby

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

6.9K 106 21
"I finally see what You knew was inside me All along, That behind this soft exterior Lies a warrior" Jessica parker has always been the shy girl her...
312K 6.9K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
54.7K 1.3K 30
It's the 6th Quarter Quell, and the Capitol has a surprise for the Districts. Not every District will compete in this Quell. 2 tributes can become vi...
21.9K 558 19
Isabelle Montague The daughter of Wisteria and Lucas Montague. Her parent's are known to be great aurors and Her Grandfather is known to be one of th...