It's All In the Stars

By pumpkinofmyeye

Yoongi is living a normal life, and he could say that he's already contented with everything. That is until a... More

⋆ one ⋆
⋆ two ⋆
⋆ three ⋆
⋆ four ⋆
⋆ five ⋆
⋆ six ⋆
⋆ seven ⋆
⋆ nine ⋆
⋆ ten ⋆
⋆ eleven ⋆
⋆ twelve ⋆
⋆ thirteen ⋆
⋆ fourteen ⋆
⋆ fifteen ⋆
⋆ sixteen ⋆
⋆ seventeen ⋆
⋆ eighteen ⋆
⋆ nineteen ⋆
⋆ twenty ⋆
⋆ twenty-one ⋆
⋆ prologue ⋆

⋆ eight ⋆

12.9K 908 1.1K
By pumpkinofmyeye

He was utterly confused.

Very... Very... Very confused.

What Yoongi last remembered was that he allowed Jungkook to give him a ride home last week. When they had arrived, Yoongi decided to become a good brother and invited Jungkook in so that Tae could have the time of his life.

It had been funny, seeing how awkward the two were around each other. Yoongi just shook his head in fondness and then went to his room, leaving the two alone. He could still remember his scowl when he saw Hoseok on his bed the moment he opened the door. He should've known something shit was about to happen.

Back to the present, Yoongi was very, very confused.

His mouth was hanging open.

Jin's mouth was hanging open.

Namjoon's mouth was hanging open.

And Jimin was giggling behind Taehyung and Jungkook who were holding hands and were standing in front of their table.

"Y-you what?!"

Taehyung only flashed his box smile, but Yoongi was not fooled. He scowled darkly at his crazy little brother. "Hyung, do I really have to repeat what I said?"

Yoongi narrowed his eyes, and the Jungkook's smile all but washed away and turned into fear.

"I think I heard it wrong. So yes, please do repeat what you just said."

Smile unwavering, Taehyung only rolled his eyes fondly. "My Kookie and I are engaged! We're marrying as soon as we graduate!"

"When did this happen?" Yoongi asked in a flat tone, face now expressionless. Namjoon and Jin turned to him, knowing that Yoongi was already dead serious. Taehyung knew it as well, but he still smiled widely as if his hyung was not about to bite his head off.

Taehyung nudged Jungkook's side playfully. "Tell him."

The boy, who was bursting with confidence awhile ago but was now cowering in front of Yoongi's judgemental gaze, straightened up. He turned to Taehyung and smiled lovingly before turning back to Yoongi with determination in his eyes.

Yoongi only raised an eyebrow.

"We became boyfriends after that time I gave you a ride home, hyung. And the day after, I asked Tae to marry me and he said yes. We're not in a hurry, though. We will only get married after I graduate college."

Yoongi admired that he had not stuttered. The kid was brave, or at least, brave enough to face Yoongi's glare head on.

"You're not in a hurry? That's bullshit," Yoongi spat, and everyone except for Taehyung blanched. His little brother frowned at him. "Kim Taehyung, I'm not allowing you to enter this crazy deal. You cannot just be engaged with a person you had just met for a fucking day!"

"But hyung!" Taehyung whined back immediately as soon as Yoongi stopped talking. "You know how long I've had a crush on Jungkookie!"

"You don't get engaged with your crush, Tae. You get engaged with the person you're in love with. You may be stalking each other in your SNS accounts but that doesn't mean you really know each other. Stop this nonsense now because you well know I'm not beyond locking you inside your room."

Taehyung was now scowling but his hold on Jungkook's arm only tightened. Yoongi narrowed his eyes at that.

"You can't stop us, hyung!" Taehyung announced and Yoongi all but rolled his eyes. This was the most pathetic shit he had ever been through in this miserable life of his. He knew more than anyone how stubborn Taehyung could be. But Taehyung also knew how fucking stubborn Yoongi could be.

With another death glare, Yoongi once again spoke. "You two are crazy. What are you thinking getting engaged barely 24 hours after you have me-"

"If your concern is that it seems to be too early to get engaged, there is nothing to worry!" Jungkook suddenly inserted bravely, making Yoongi's intense gaze fall unto him. Wrong move, kid. Everybody in the entire universe knew how Yoongi hated to be interrupted. Despite now being the center of Yoongi's rage, Jungkook still pushed through, looking scared but at the same time very determined. "I-I love Tae and I'm ready to wait for the right time to marry him."

Taehyung chose the moment to speak as well, much to Yoongi's dismay. "As we have said, we'll wait to finish college before we start planning on our marriage."

Yoongi snorted. Loudly. The driest, most sarcastic, snort ever heard in the world. "Wow, and you guys say you're not in a hurry. Have you ever planned your life after? How will you feed yourselves? What will be your jobs, huh? Isn't it too early to be destroying your future?"

Taehyung whined, stomping his feet childishly. "But hyung! I will still be able to find a job. It's not like I'm gonna be a victim of teenage pregnancy. I'll make sure Jungkook wears condoms the whole time."

"Um," Namjoon spoke up with a calm voice. "Actually Tae, you won't really get pregnant even if Jungkook will not use condoms. What will happen instead is that there might be a possibility of you getting sexually transmitted diseases like HIV-"

"Fuck off, Namjoon. Nobody needs your smartass bullshit," Yoongi said rudely, just because he wanted to be rude right at that moment.

Apparently, Jin had listened to the conversation and had been indignant in behalf of his boyfriend.

"Well, I'm not just gonna sit here and watch you snap at my Joonie just because your salty ass is overreacting over something so small. For Mario's sake, they're just engaged. What's the worst that can happen?"

Yoongi couldn't believe this. Why were these people narrow-minded?

"Jin-hyung, you're the eldest here so you should know that all the bad things in the world come from doing careless decisions when you're still young. I mean, it just all ends up with getting pregnant and having to raise a family at an early age and being forced to have a barely-paying job while trying to-"

"Um, hyung? No one's gonna get pregnant..." Namjoon tried to say, but his claims were not heard at all.

"-make ends meet. It will all just be a disaster and in no way am I letting my little brother fall trapped into that kind of life. And anyway, why do you need to be engaged? You're just gonna break up anyway."

That. That statement definitely did it.

And maybe Yoongi did admit that he had gone far with that one.

With blank eyes that showed no emotion, Taehyung gazed at Yoongi. "I'm not talking to you anymore, hyung."

And with that, he stalked off, dragging a concerned Jungkook behind him. Jimin who remained silent the whole time followed them as well, giving Yoongi one last glance.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

He felt shit.

Of course he did.

Thinking back, he might have overreacted. But really, it was his job to overreact. He was the possessive brother who's in charge of putting rational sense into the brain of his crazy sibling.

"That was really awful, hyung," Namjoon remarked again for the hundredth time now, making Yoongi want to shove a dirty sock into his mouth.

Their classes have long ended for the day but Taehyung had still not shown himself, much less talk to Yoongi. He was beginning to worry, but he knew that his brother didn't hold grudges. He'd just have to wait, and maybe lowkey apologize.

"Like, really awful," Namjoon commented again. Yoongi was starting to get really annoyed by now. If Seokjin was just not here, he would've given Namjoon the most painful kick on the crotch by now.

Glaring at the younger boy who seemed to have learned nothing but rudeness when he was a kid, Yoongi started speaking. "I was just being a good brother, you know. I mean, Jungkook is basically underage. 12, maybe? And Taehyung thinks like a kid so he falls under the category of five-year olds."

Jin rolled his eyes at this. "Jungkook is clearly not 12. He's a decent college boy that's probably 17 or 18 now. Admit it, Yoongi, you were overreacting."

Yoongi was about to say something along the lines of Taehyung and Jungkook being the one who's overreacting, but then Namjoon was back hugging Jin and kissing his cheek repeatedly and Yoongi was just...ugh.

"Don't get too stressed, babe. You still have a practical exam for your cooking class later," Namjoon whispered, the simple kisses on the cheek becoming peppering kisses on the neck.

Jin sighed contentedly just as Yoongi's stomach rumbled in the need to vomit. "Yeah, I know, Joonie. It's just that-"

"Okay ew," Min Yoongi had spoken. He. Could. Not. Endure. Any. More. Of. This. "Don't you guys think that I've had enough with disgusting lovebirds for the day? Do you really have to...ugh... This is too much... My eyes! THEY'RE TURNING BLIND. HELP."

Too bad, his complaints only made the two cuddle tighter. They just loved seeing him suffer, Yoongi was so sure of that. With every single cell in his body screaming pain and disgust, Yoongi hopelessly stared at the two boys as they both rolled his eyes at him.

Namjoon kissed Jin on the cheek again.

"Ugh, ewwwwww," Yoongi whined again. "You know what? I'm done. I'll just go and find new and better friends." And to prove his point, Yoongi turned and walked away without a care, except that his stunt was nowhere successful because he accidentally bumped into someone.

He raised his eyes to glare at the rude person who made his drama an epic failure, but his glare all but faded away when he saw that it was Park Jimin, smiling sheepishly and looking so cute and hot at the same time.

"Uh, sorry, hyung. I'm actually looking for you. Can we talk?" the boy said in a soft voice, and Yoongi narrowed his eyes at him.

Since that stripper incident that happened a week ago, Yoongi and Jimin had started becoming friends, much to Yoongi's displeasure. He had no choice, really. The guy would just pop out of nowhere and would sit beside him in their shared class. So far, they had a decent relationship, to the point where Yoongi could almost, just almost, call Jimin a close friend. He had, after all, slowly become comfortable with the younger boy's presence without really him noticing it at first.

There's still that problem of Jimin flirting with him way too past the limitations, but that had become bearable lately. The younger boy would only jokingly flirt at Yoongi and his attempts on skinship had become mild. Least to say, he had not sat on Yoongi's lap anymore.

"What is this about?" Yoongi asked slowly, knowing very well that Namjoon and Jin were standing and listening just a few meters away. The two jerks probably had predatory grins on their faces. For some reason, they would not stop teasing him about Jimin.

Which was just completely ridiculous, by the way.

"Umm, this is about Tae and Kookie."

Oh, so it's 'Tae' now, is it? It seemed like they had all gotten so close without even informing him. Min Yoongi felt so utterly betrayed.

"If you're going to reprimand me on what I did earlier, then I'm glad to tell you that there's no need to do that anymore because I've already received an earful from my friends," Yoongi said dryly, about to turn around to leave because really, everything was just pissing him off.

But before he could turn around, two arms wrapped around his neck and pulled him gently, trapping him into an embrace.

"What the-" Yoongi exclaimed just as he heard Jimin giggle. "What are you doing, Park Jimin?"

The older boy pouted at him, but there was mirth dancing in his eyes. "You were about to leave, I was just stopping you."

Good thing they were standing at the side of the hallway and not in the middle, or this would've been more awkward. "Let go of me."

Jimin only widened his eyes as he stuck out his tongue in a very silly way that Yoongi thought was cute.

Not that he was saying Jimin was cute.

He meant that the action was cute.

"I won't let go of you until you listen to what I have to say, so listen to me first!" Jimin said in a cheery voice, pulling Yoongi even closer and staring straight into his eyes.

Yoongi struggled not to look away. Yoongi struggled not to blush, for shit's sake.

"Whatever. What do you need from me?" he said in a grumpy tone that had no effect on the younger boy at all. As usual, he was being assaulted by that sinful eyesmile.

Jimin giggled, tilting his head at Yoongi before his face went serious. Yoongi only seldom saw this serious face of Park Jimin, which was why he was slightly taken aback when he saw it. He was so taken aback that he had not noticed his arms were snaking their way to Jimin's waist.

The younger's face scrunched up in an adorable way that made Yoongi question his existence. "What you said earlier, hyung... That was quite mean."

Oh, yeah. This again.

Not knowing that his hold on Jimin's waist tightened, Yoongi huffed an annoyed breath. Didn't he just mention that he didn't want to be reprimanded again?

"Hyung~ I'm not here to scold you, okay? I just want to explain Kookie's side. You seem to think that Kookie is not good for Taehyung." Jimin's sweet and concerned voice was doing things on Yoongi's system. "I know that the engagement thing is quite...shocking. And I also understand that you are just being protective of Taetae, but it's not like you have to take it seriously. Hyung, Jungkook is a good person, okay? He is my best friend, and I have witnessed him moon over your brother. Kookie loves Taehyung, and I'll personally take the blame if ever Kookie did some shit to Tae, which I know will never happen."

Yoongi pursed his lips, Jimin's words wrapping around his mind and he had no choice but to believe it. The usual mischief in Jimin's eyes were long gone, only to be replaced by sincerity and pleading. It was obvious that the younger boy cared so much about his best friend.

Yoongi was quite surprised. He had never seen this side of Jimin.

"But they got engaged-"

"Yes, and it's stupid. Trust me, I said the same thing to Kookie when I heard about it," Jimin said, his hold on Yoongi tightening a bit while his thumb drew circles on Yoongi's nape. Least to say, Yoongi was quite distracted. "You don't have to take it too seriously. Those two were just too excited to find out that they were both pining for each other."

For some very strange reason, Yoongi found Jimin's explanation quite reasonable.

"Still..." Yoongi trailed off lamely, looking away. This only made Jimin laugh heartily, his head leaning down to hide in the crook of Yoongi's neck as he continued to laugh.

Really, why was Jimin laughing at him and why did his laugh sound so pleasant and enticing to Yoongi's suffering ears?

Jimin just continued laughing rudely, his shoulders shaking and his head still buried into the crook of Yoongi's neck. "Why are you laughing? Stop laughing. Nothing is funny. My brother just practically went behind my back and got engaged. It pains my heart."

Instead of making the younger boy stop laughing, his statement only spurred on more laughing fit to the point that Jimin's whole body was shaking. Yoongi did not even notice that Jimin was fully hugging him already as he laughed and giggled. It was too hard to notice anything when he could feel Jimin's laugh in his neck down to his whole body.

"Really, stop laughing," Yoongi tried again, a half-hearted scowl forming on his face.

Jimin finally lifted his face from Yoongi's neck and sniffed. His face was red from laughing and a wide grin was etched on his cute face. His eyeballs were nowhere to be seen.

"Hyung, you're sulking," he commented, giggling again as Yoongi pursed his lips and narrowed his eyes.

"Park Jimin, shut up."

"Make me," Jimin answered cheekily, raising an eyebrow in challenge.

The heck... Did this kid just...?

Yoongi stared at the younger boy with his mouth slightly open in disbelief at the outward flirting. He had no idea why he was even shocked right now, to be honest. Both boys continued to stare at each other as if they were in their own world. Then something, something, happened. Yoongi, in an unknown reason that might remain unknown for ages to come, slowly looked downward until his eyes landed on the smirking plump lips of Park Jimin.

Those red, perfect lips...

He swallowed heavily.

"Eww," Yoongi commented with a scowl, eyes snapping up as he willed the upcoming blush to go away. He had no idea why he suddenly ended up staring at Jimin's lips, but whatever it was, he'd really rather not know.

Jimin snorted at him. "You're cute, hyung," he said, then without asking for permission at all, leaned and placed a quick peck on Yoongi's cheek.

Before Yoongi could complain, Jimin was already skipping away, promising to hangout with him. It all happened so fast that Yoongi's mind failed to process anything at all.

Wait, did Jimin just kiss him on the cheek?

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

"Okay wow..." Jin whispered in amazement as he watched Yoongi's arms slowly wrapping around Jimin's waist.

It came to them as a shock when they heard the news that Yoongi and Park Jimin were close, and that Park Jimin was obviously targeting Yoongi to be his next victim. It's not that he didn't think their friend was handsome, he just never thought that he would be the type of one Park Jimin.

"Did you see that?!" Jin said to Namjoon who had his mouth slacked open. Jin felt like a creep watching the two, but really, what the heck?! Jimin's arms were around Yoongi's neck and Yoongi's arms were around the younger boy's waist. It almost seemed like, like...

"It looks so natural..." Namjoon suddenly spoke, and Jin couldn't agree more.

Crossing his arms, the older boy narrowed his eyes at the scene in front of him. "Although it does seem like Yoongi had no idea of what he was doing. What do you think?"

"He really has no idea, I'm pretty sure. Yoongi-hyung would never wrap his arms around Park Jimin, especially not in front of us."

Jin snorted at this. "Well, it looks like both of us were long forgotten. I bet he doesn't even remember we exist."

"Damn, they look cute," Namjoon commented, his arm reaching around Jin's shoulder and pulling him closer.

"Yeah..."

"Oh shit! Did he just...kiss hyung on the cheek?"

Jin blinked, thoroughly surprised at how the scene in front of him was unfolding. One second Jimin had his face hidden in Yoongi's neck as he laughed, then he was kissing him on the cheek and running away as if nothing happened. Wow, what a ninja of a guy. Jimin did know how to play the game.

Both boys stared as Yoongi was left in shock, staring at a blank space in front of him. It was cute, Jin had to admit. He was even already planning how to tease the life out of Yoongi for this. However... He also couldn't help but be worried.

He hoped that Yoongi wouldn't fall.

Jimin was a player, after all.

=============

Hello everyone! I'm really sorry for the week-long delay. A lot of things happened in my life, lol. My laptop got broken last week and I almost announced hiatus for this fanfic because the files are all in my laptop. I thought it's hopeless, but thank God my laptop suddenly turned on. It was a miracle, honestly.

I have no idea what's happening to BTS anymore, much less to Yoonmin. I also have tons of vids and vlives to catch up to. OMG. 

BUT THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR WAITING. And to those who were worried, I LOVE YA'LL.

Love lots, smile always (even if your laptop dies), and God bless you all~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

248K 9.3K 73
*If only you knew how I felt!* Shy jimin avoids yoongi like the plague - but not for the reasons you might think. Yoongi on the other hand, doesn't k...
415K 18.3K 53
When Tae's feelings for his hyung reach beyond those of just pure admiration... ××Taehyung's internal monologue was cut short, however, by a harsh pu...
217K 11.8K 45
AU where Yoongi, a vampire, falls in love with a human, Park Jimin, who just so happens to be terrified of vampires. (Angst warning) THIS BOOK IS FI...
47.6K 3.3K 14
Jimin has never had a problem with being referred to as a cutie. But that changed when he fell in love with Min Yoongi, who couldn't stand cute shit...