𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐆𝐄 | stiles stili...

By dyiansobrien

HOSTAGE [ BOOK TWO ] ✧ WARNING: SMUT Harper Verum's sophomore year had not turned out at all how she expected... More

( cast. )
( playlist. )
I. REUNION
II. FROM HARRY
III. A STOLEN KISS
IV. FAVOURS
V. VIRGINS
VI. LATE BLOOMERS
VII. SWEET REVENGE
VIII. THE FIRST TIME
IX. STITCHED UP
X. GLEN CAPRI
XI. LIKE A MARRIED COUPLE
XII. PAINFUL BREAKUPS
XIII. COMFORT
XIV. FRIENDS
XV. THE DARACH
XVI. FINE
XVII. ARGENT
XVII. THE KISS THAT SAVED THEM BOTH
XVIII. HARRY VALACK
XIX. A LITTLE FAMILY REUNION
XX. SLEEP PARALYSIS AND HALLUCINATIONS
XXII. NOT A DREAM
XXIII. TRAPPED
XXIV. MISCHIEF NIGHT
XXV. RESCUE MISSION
XXVI. INTERROGATION
XXVII. HALLOWEEN
XXVIII. OH BROTHER
XXIX. WHERE'S STILES?
XXX. MY GIRL
XXXI. NOGITSUNE
XXXII. TAKEN
XXXIII. ECHO HOUSE
XXXIV. STAY AWAKE
XXXV. THE RETURN OF VOID
XXXVI. SURPRISE VISITS
XXXVII. CHANGE
XXXVIII. WHERE'S MY MIND?
XXXIX. ALLISON ARGENT
XL. DIVINELY INSPIRED
XLI. WHEN THE PARTY'S OVER
EPILOGUE

XXI. MALIA TATE

32.7K 941 2.8K
By dyiansobrien

MALIA TATE

"Wait, wait, wait," Harper frowned, rubbing her temples as she walked into Scott's bedroom with the werewolf himself and Isaac, "Allison almost shot Lydia in the head?"

Isaac nodded as he followed, "almost right through it. And she keeps saying the same thing, that she keeps seeing her aunt. Whatever's happening to you, Allison and Stiles is getting worse. And if I hadn't been there, then Lydia would be dead."

Scott was silent as he took a seat on the edge of his bed, Harper jumping towards the end where the pillows were. She emptied the contents of her bag out as she got ready to do some quick homework with Scott.

"What were you doing there?" Scott questioned.

"Uh..."

Isaac was thrown out of the room for the second time that day, his body smacking against the wall and the picture frame falling yet again. Harper held back her laughter.

"Oh, you guys, come on!" She heard Melissa yell from downstairs, "this house does not have a supernatural ability to heal! So... stop it!"

"Sorry!" Isaac called back before looking at Scott and quietly repeating, "sorry."

...

"I just... I don't get it," Isaac admitted, "she said she hated the Serpents, like, two episodes ago and now she's becoming one?"

Harper chuckled, shovelling another spoonful of Ben and Jerry's ice-cream into her mouth as they watched the season two finale of Riverdale. Cheryl had just gotten her brand new Serpent jacket, handed over to her by Jughead himself.

Scott frowned, "because she saved Toni from the Ghoulies, duh."

"Yeah, so? She didn't have to do any initiation of any sort like everybody else. This entire show is just the writers giving into everything the fans want, even when it makes no sense!" Isaac began to yell the last part, becoming frustrated.

"It took you two seasons to realise that?" Harper giggled, "the plots are kind of rushed and stupid, but you have to admit it's kinda addicting."

Isaac groaned but nodded, his head falling onto Harper's shoulder. She jokingly patted his back as Scott scooped out some ice-cream, shoving it in his mouth. As the ending credits began to roll, the front door opened behind them. Harper shifted in her seat so she could see who it was.

"Hey, Harry," she called upon seeing her half brother enter.

He smiled nervously at her, peeling his shoes off and placing them on the racks neatly. He had a backpack he had borrowed from Scott slung over his shoulder which he placed by the door.

"Hi, guys."

"Hey," both Isaac and Scott called back, though they were too absorbed in picking the next TV show or movie to turn around.

Harper passed the ice-cream to Scott and climbed off of the couch to talk to Harry who had wondered to the kitchen. She noticed his hands shaking slightly as he poured himself a drink.

"You okay?" She asked.

He swallowed thickly and turned to face her, "it took all day but I found out what my mother left me."

"That's great... right?" Her smile faltered.

Nodding, he replied, "of course, of course. But my mother had a lot more than I was expecting. She left every single thing to me, it turns out she had no one else."

Harper frowned, stroking his arm lightly, "I'm sure you were enough for her."

Harry nodded again but said nothing for a while. He took sips of his drink as they sat in a somewhat awkward silence. Sometimes the siblings had lots to talk about, but a lot of the time it was just silent between them. Neither knew what to say.

"I'm going to go to bed," he softly spoke, standing up, "I'll see you in the morning."

Harper smiled, "goodnight."

As soon as he left her head dropped into her hands. Creating a good relationship with her half brother was going to be more complicated than she initially thought.

...

"Hey, babe," Harper was met by a kiss on the cheek and a tired smile from her boyfriend, "how are you?"

"I'm good," she beamed back as they began to walk to economics together, "tried talking to Harry last night but it was so awkward."

"No way," Stiles spoke sarcastically, "a situation you're in that's awkward? That's never happened before."

Harper playfully smacked his chest as they walked into Coach Finnstock's classroom. Stiles took his seat next to  Harper, both of them immediately pulling out their text books. The Empath was forced to sit through the next half an hour of Coach droning on about how much lacrosse players are paid when she noticed Stiles doodling beside her.

Only he wasn't doodling normally. His hand was frantic as he scribbled something across his page over and over again. His eyes were trained on whatever he was doing, but he didn't seem all there.

Her eyebrows furrowed together and she tried to tap him with her pen, but Coach noticed.

"Stilinski, are you paying attention back there?" He called.

When there was no reply, his eyebrows knitted together and he grew angry. Lifting the whistle around his neck to his lips, he blew into it harshly, snapping Stiles out of his daydreaming state immediately.

"Stilinski!" He yelled at the dazed teenage boy, "I asked you a question."

"Oh, um, sorry," Stiles blinked, "what was the question?"

"It was, 'Stilinski, are you paying attention back there?'" Coach put on a sarcastic smile.

"Oh," Stiles frowned, "well, I am now."

Coach calmed down a little but he still pointed his finger at Stiles as he warned him, "Stilisnki, stop reminding me why I drink... Every night. Does anyone else wanna answer the question on the board?"

Stiles turned his head to look at Harper who was already watching him, her brown eyes filled with concern. She felt an overwhelming sense of guilt for some reason.

"I'm okay," he murmured, knowing exactly what she was thinking, "I just fell asleep for a second."

"Stiles, you weren't asleep," Harper was slightly horrified as she pointed at his page.

The Stilinski boy looked down, gritting his teeth when he saw he had scribbled the words 'wake up' over and over again across the page. He grabbed another piece of paper and slammed it on top, trying to dismiss the fact that he knew something was wrong with him.

...

"Okay, so what happens to a person who has a near-death experience and comes out of it seeing things?" Scott asked the group as they all sat around the lunch table outside.

The sun was shining bright so they decided to do a scenery change from the usual, boring cafeteria. Harper was wedged between Scott and Stiles like always while Lydia, Allison and Isaac sat opposite them. Everyone was occupied with either eating or catching up with work.

"And is unable to tell what's real or not?" Stiles added.

"And is being haunted by demonic visions of dead relatives?" Allison inputed.

Isaac lifted his head from his work. "They're all locked up because they're insane."

Stiles wasn't amused. "Ha. Can you at least try and be helpful, please?"

"For half of my childhood, I was locked in a freezer. So, being helpful is kind of a new thing for me," Isaac retorted.

Stiles argued back, "hey, dude, are you still milking that?"

"Stiles!" Harper cried, appalled at what he had said.

"Yeah, we are still milking that," Isaac rolled his eyes.

Harper and Stiles exchanged looks, Harper glaring slightly while Stiles shook his head, telling her that he wasn't sorry. She just huffed, rolling her own eyes.

"Hi," a perky voice interrupted them.

The Empath glanced away from her boyfriend to see Kira,  the girl from her history class, stood there with a nervous smile as she held her books close to her.

"Sorry. I couldn't help overhearing what you guys were talking about," Kira admitted, "and I think I actually might now what you're... talking about."

This caught everyone's attention. Lydia, Allison and Stiles all looked at her suspiciously.

"There's a Tibetan word for it. It's called 'Bardo'. It literally means 'in-between state'," she managed a small smile, "the state between life and death."

Lydia glanced up at her, "and what do they call you?"

"Kira," Scott jumped in before the ebony haired girl could.

She smiled sweetly at him. Harper noticed the frown on Allison's face as everybody stared at the True Alpha, a little confused.

"She's in our history class," he reminded them.

"So, are you talking Bardo in Tibetan Buddhism or Indian?" Lydia asked sceptically.

Without asking, Kira slid down into the seat beside Stiles who budged up to make room, his shoulder brushing against Harper's.

"Either, I guess," Kira continued, "but all the stuff you guys were just saying? All that happens in Bardo. There are different progressive states where you can have hallucinations. Some you see, some you just hear. And you can be visited by peaceful and wrathful deities."

"Ur, what are 'wrathful deities'?" Harper questioned, looking past Stiles so she could see the girl.

Kira shrugged, "like demons."

She held a permanent sweet smile on her face, blissfully unaware that everything the pack were talking about was way too true. Stiles huffed from beside Kira.

"Demons," Stiles repeated, "why not?"

"Hold on," Allison interrupted, "if there are different progressive states, then what's the last one?"

"Death," Kira replied simply, "you die."

Harper was slightly horrified as she looked across at Allison and Lydia who looked equally as shocked. Scott, Stiles and Isaac stared at her in disbelief.

"How do you know all of this?" Harper frowned hesitantly.

Kira grinned again, "I guess I just like learning about stuff like that."

Harper nodded slowly. She wasn't too sure about the new girl anymore.

...

"It sounds like your subconscious is trying to communicate with you," Deaton explained as Stiles, Harper and Scott followed him through the animal clinic later that night.

Beacon Hills seemed to be having a lot of hot days yet stormy nights lately, so it wasn't a shock when it started to rain and thunder drummed as soon as the sun went down. The three teenagers had rushed over to Deaton to explain to him about the dream that Stiles had in class, luckily before the rain had hit them.

"Well, how do I tell my subconscious to use a language that I actually know?" Stiles groaned.

Apparently, while Stiles had been daydreaming, he had imagined himself walking into class. When he asked a girl to move from his seat, she just replied with sign language. He realised he was in the wrong class and got up, but Coach started doing the same sign language too, and then the whole class.

"Do you remember what the sign language looked like?" Deaton asked as they moved into the main room, "the placement and movement of the hands?"

Scott raised his eyebrows, "you know sign language?"

"I know a little," Deaton nodded.

"Me too," Harper gasped, placing her hands in fists above each other and wiggling her thumbs in circle motions, "turtle."

The three men stared at he for a few seconds, Stiles' eye twitching slightly. She dropped her hands and pouted.

"Harper... no," Stiles shook his head.

Deaton turned to Stiles, "let me give it a shot."

"Okay, the first one was like this," Stiles began, lifting up his index finger and then going around it with another.

"That's when," Deaton noted.

"Then there was this twice," the hazel eyed boy continued.

He placed his hands next to each other and moved them so his index fingers hit, like a door shutting.

"Door?" Harper guessed, Deaton nodding at her.

He did another motion, "and then there was this in between that."

Deaton frowned, "that's it?"

"Yeah."

"'When is a door not a door?'" Deaton recited causing Stiles' face to drop.

Stiles repeated the words in disbelief.

"It's a riddle," Harper murmured.

Scott nodded, "when it's ajar."

"You're kidding me," Stiles snapped, "a riddle? My subconscious wants to tell me a riddle?"

"Not necessarily," Deaton replied, "when the two of you and Allison went under the water, when you crossed from unconsciousness, to a kind of superconsciousness... You essentially opened the door in your minds."

"So what does that mean?" Scott wondered, "the door is still open?"

"Ajar," Harper muttered before turning to Stiles, "like in your dream, Sti."

Stiles was too dazed to look back at her, "a door into our minds?" He blinked slowly.

"I did tell you it was risky," Deaton reminded them.

"What do we do about it?" Scott looked at his boss hopefully.

Deaton's face contorted as he thought hard, "well, that's difficult to answer."

"No, wait a second, I know that look," Stiles interrupted, "that the 'we know exactly what's wrong with you, but we have no idea how to fix it' look."

The druid had to nod, "but one thing I do know is that having an opening like that into your mind, it's not good. You each need to close that door. And you need to do it as soon as possible."

...

The three teenagers left as soon as the rain stopped pouring, the cool night air immediately biting at them. A cop car pulled up next to Stiles' blue jeep and Sheriff Stilinski jumped out, starting to walk over to the entrance.

"Dad, what are you doing here?" Stiles stopped him.

Noah sighed, "I'm here because I could use some help. Actually... your help," he pointed at Scott and then at Harper, "and maybe you, too."

"Why us?" Scott asked.

"Because eight years ago, almost an entire family died in a car accident. One of the bodies, a young girl named Malia, was never found. There's enough evidence to have me thinking that... that a werewolf could have caused the accident, and then dragged her body away."

Scott and Harper exchanged looks.

"If you could somehow get a lock on her scent," Noah spoke before turning to Harper, "or maybe some emotion, I don't know, if you could somehow help me find her body, it might provide the missing clue."

"But what if it was a werewolf?" Stiles pointed out.

"Well, there's somebody out there who murdered an entire family. Someone who still needs to be caught," Noah replied determinedly.

...

Stiles was outside the McCall household bright and early the next day, ready to pick up Scott and Harper. They followed behind Sheriff Stilinski's cop car, parking a little bit down the road so Mr Tate wouldn't see them. As soon as Noah had been in the house for five minutes, the three teenagers snuck around the back, silently stepping over large rat traps set out by the door.

The hazel eyed boy slowly pulled the handle down and pushed the door open, a loud creaking noise filling them empty silence. Scott and Harper both inwardly groaned, the werewolf physically face palming himself.

Deciding to rip the bandaid off, Stiles opened the door quickly and the three teenagers rushed inside, closing the door behind them with minimum creaking. The room was was quite big with lavender painted walls and floral curtains and bed sets. It clearly hadn't been touched since Malia had gone missing.

Harper moved around while Stiles threw teddies off of the bed at Scott who sniffed them like his life depended on it.

"All I'm getting is some animal smell," the werewolf whispered back.

Stiles moved over to him, "what kind of animal?"

As Harper went to go and stand with the two taller boys, a growl came from behind her. Slowly, she turned around, her eyes wide and trained on a large dog stood in the doorway. It looked up at her snarled.

"A dog," she hissed, the two boys looking over.

"Hi, puppy," she heard Stiles whisper from behind her before turning to Scott, "get rid of it."

"Me?" Scott's voice was muffled.

Harper clenched her fists from fear, "please, Scott," she murmured, "glow your eyes or something, I don't know."

The dog looked up at her and snarled louder, drawl dripping from his large jaws. His teeth were on show, not as big as an Alpha's of course, but still very threatening.

"I don't have control, remember?" He hissed back.

It snarled louder.

"Harper, try taking a few steps back," Stiles murmured at her before he hissed at Scott, "try doing something!"

The Empath took a step backwards like Stiles asked while Scott moved towards it, putting his hand out wearily.

"Nice doggy," he attempted, but it just set the dog off.

It began to bark loudly as Harper jolted, shocked at how much noise it made. Stiles reached and grabbed her arm, pulling her so her back was against his chest. He wasn't sure if this dog was angry enough to bite them or not.

"Apollo!" A deep voice yelled from somewhere in the house, "Apollo, shut up! Shut the hell up!"

The dog finally stopped, staring at the three teenagers who were all pressed against each other, terrified. Harper didn't know if she was more scared of the dog biting her or getting caught by Mr Tate. It whined before scampering back down the hallway.

Stiles shook his head but jumped straight back into action, grabbing a book off of a shelf and passing it to Scott.

"Try this," he breathed, "anything?"

Scott shook his head, "all I'm getting is that dog."

Stiles sighed deeply, "Harps, can you try something?"

Nodding, Harper closed her eyes and thought deeply about everything in the room. She reached her hand out and touched the bed post, managing to feel traces of happiness on it. And tears, lots and lots of tears. She knew it was from Mr Tate. But none of that was useful.

Harper opened her eyes and shook her head, "Harry said I can find people but only if I know them."

Stiles' eyes landed on a picture of two girls in a frame, probably only around the age of seven and nine. Harper moved over to it and snapped a picture on her phone, hoping maybe she could find more about Malia until it felt like she knew her, so then maybe, eventually, she could find her.

...

The triple act waited in the jeep until they saw Sheriff Stilinski leave the house, all scrambling out to see what he had found. He had a deep frown on his face, indicating that it had not gone down well with Mr Tate.

"I'm sorry," Scott shook his head, "I tried as hard as I could. If it wasn't so long ago I might have been able to do it."

Noah forced a smile his way, "it's okay. It was a long shot. In fact it as a pretty terrible idea. I think I just ripped a wound open in that poor man. He thought it had been an accident... Not murder."

Harper's mind casted to her father and she found herself frowning deeply.

"I never should have brought you guys here," Noah added, "I don't know what I was thinking. Thanks for trying, all right? See you at home."

He climbed into the cop car and started to drive away. Scott turned to Stiles.

"Aren't there a lot of cop cases that go unsolved?" He asked.

Stiles pursed his lips together, "yeah, I just think this one he felt like he could've figured out right now."

Scott frowned, "why is it some important now?"

"Well, he wants to be able to solve one more while he's still Sheriff," Stiles admitted hesitantly.

Harper's face fell, "what? What do you mean?"

...

Harper went up to her room to avoid the yelling that had started as soon as Scott and her walked through the door. He had seen Raphael lounging about on the couch and anger had swallowed him whole, causing him to lash out.

She sat with Isaac on her bed as she helped him with some English work, Harry in the next room over. The brunette had tried to include him in stuff, but she knew he still felt incredibly awkward around Scott and Isaac. He only really liked Harper and Melissa.

"That doesn't make any sense, Dad. Who are you helping?" She heard Scott yell from downstairs, "just get out."

"Scott-" Raphael attempted to cut in, but the werewolf interrupted.

"What? I can't believe that you'd do this to my best friend," he referred to the fact that Agent McCall was taking over for Sheriff Stilinski.

"I'm not doing anything to your friend," Raphael protested, "I'm doing my job."

"Your job sucks!"

"Some days I can't argue with that."

It went quite downstairs and Harper guessed it was because Melissa had just gotten home. Harper sighed and turned to face Isaac and frowned.

"I feel sorry for Noah," she murmured.

Isaac nodded, "yeah, me too."

...

Harper and Scott knocked on Stiles' bedroom door but pushed it open before he could even reply. The Stilinski boy immediately sat up from where he was laying staring at the ceiling, confused to see his best friend and girlfriend so late at night- and with grins on their faces, too.

"What's going on?" He glanced between them nervously.

"We're gonna go and find a body," Harper smirked.

Scott turned on the flashlight in his hands, "a dead body."

The three teenagers found themselves in the woods about half an hour later, their only source being the flashlight in Stiles' hands. Harper felt a sense of nostalgia fill her, like the first time they went body hunting- the night that changed their lives forever.

"We're seriously doing this?" She randomly quoted, putting on a deep voice, "I was hoping to get a good night's sleep before practice tomorrow."

Scott turned to look at her, his face lighting up a little, "yeah, okay, because sitting on the bench is so much hard work!" He mimicked her voice, putting on a pretty decent English accent.

Stiles looked back at his best friends and couldn't help but chuckle a little bit.

"How the hell do you guys remember what we said?" He scoffed.

Harper shrugged, "I remember all the small details."

Scott nodded along, "yeah, that night kinda changed my life."

They walked in a comfortable silence again for a few minutes before Stiles spoke up, "you know, if my dad's right,  that means there's another werewolf in town that we haven't met yet."

"I know," Scott sighed.

"And if turns out to be something like triplets who form into, like, a three-headed hound of hell, I'm seriously not up for that," Stiles scoffed.

Harper chuckled a little, "I'd be out of Beacon Hills in a flash."

A coyote howl came from somewhere in the woods causing Stiles to jump and crash into Scott who dropped his phone that had the GPS on it, leading them to the accident that had killed the family. The phone went down the ditch and landed in the water below. Scott looked at him in disbelief.

"Sorry, buddy," Stiles muttered, "I hate coyotes so much. They always sound like they're mauling some tiny, helpless little animal."

Harper shrugged, "remember when I met that coyote?"

Stiles huffed, "it was a dream."

"It wasn't!" She protested as they followed Scott not-so-gracefully down the ditch, "one day I'll prove it to you."

Scott picked up his phone, "still works."

"Let me see the flashlight," Stiles spoke, taking it from Scott'd grip and pointing it a little bit down, "I think we found it."

The small group came up an old car that was on it's back, some parts missing and rusting. Leaves covered the top and it looked like it had been left there for years, which it had.

"Why wouldn't they move it?" Scott questioned, "isn't it evidence?"

"Probably too much of a pain in the ass to tow out," Stiles replied as they wearily moved closer.

He shone the torch at the car where large scratch marks had been dented into one of the doors. Scott placed his hand up against them, his hand fitting perfectly.

"Animals claws would be closer together," Harper thought out loud.

"Then it was a werewolf," Scott nodded.

Stiles murmured, "so my dad was right."

Harper bent down and used the torch on the back of her phone to look inside the car. Her dark brown eyes cast on a doll stuck in one of the seats and she reached across, tugging it out. Stiles and Scott moved over to inspect what she was looking at, Stiles shining his torch on it.

"I'm hungry!" The baby doll suddenly cried out, causing all three teenagers to scream and jump back.

Harper threw the doll so it landed by her feet where Stiles had fallen over.

"I think I just had a minor heart attack," he exaggerated.

Growling suddenly filled the silence as the teenagers tried to regain their breaths. Gulping, Harper tried to turn to see what it was. She saw a pair of electric blue eyes and realised what it was. It was the coyote from the woods all those months ago.

"Guys, please tell me you see it," Scott swallowed thickly.

Harper nodded, "we see it," she whispered, "that's the coyote I saw, I swear."

Scott didn't reply but took off after it, leaving Stiles and Harper yelling his name. The couple exchanged looks when they realised that he was long gone.

"Well, crap..." Harper muttered.

"Well, crap indeed."

...
not proof read
GUYS  I FEEL LIKE MY CHAPTERS HAVE GONE TO SHIT HAH

please tell me what you wanna see in this book (more harper and allison, less harper and stiles, more au scenes, less au scenes etc...)

and ALSO is there anything that i do that really annoys you guys? like, do i say a word too much or is harper way too smiley idk??? like, i know character development is key but she's going to have a significant change during 3b sooooooooo idk

please reply lol

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

831K 32.7K 80
[BOOK 2] "𝙞 '𝙢 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙨𝙖𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙡𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙧𝙪𝙩𝙝." As Junior Year begins, lies...
116K 2.5K 25
teen wolf season three book three stiles stilinski x fem!oc completed © voidvaleska
353K 12.3K 121
** COMPLETED ** Growing up in Beacon Hills, Wren Martin's life was as normal as any teenagers. With her sister Lydia, and her two best friends, Scott...
78.6K 1.8K 14
teen wolf season two book two stiles stilinski x fem!oc completed © voidvaleska