End Of The Line // Ralph Dibny

By breezzer_bree

Not All Buses Reach Their Destination, How Do I Know That? I Was On One... Willow Blakes whole life was norma... More

End Of The Line
Chapter 1 - That Night
Chapter 2 - Humble Beginings
Chapter 3 - Still No Father
Chapter 4 - The Scheme
Chapter 5 - Here a Meta-Human, There a Meta-Human.
Chapter 6 - What A Day
Chapter 7 - Carnival Games
Chapter 8 - Bus Rides
Chapter 9 - Insane
Chapter 10 - Drinking to Country Music
Chapter 11 - Not Very Lucky
Bus 405 - Part One
Bus 405 - Part Two
Chapter 12 - A Old 'Friend'
Chapter 13 - Villains?
Chapter 14 - A Good Cop
Chapter 15 - (Former) Mayor Bellows
Chapter 16 - Snake-like Thing With Teeth
Chapter 17 - No, No Love
Chapter 19 - I'm Not Jealous. You're Jealous
Chapter 20 - Hocus-Pocus?
Chapter 21 - You Will Never Get a Super Suit
Chapter 22 - Petty Lies And Real Truth
Chapter 23 - Secrets
Chapter 24 - You Big Baby
Chapter 25 - Clifford DeVoe
Chapter 26 - Shrimp? I hate it
Chapter 27 - The Date
Chapter 28 - Me, Wrong?
Chapter 29 - Flipping Nazi's
Chapter 30 - Death Doesn't Come That Easily
Merry Frickin Christmas (One-shot)
Chapter 31 - No More Lies
Chapter 32 - One time in an alleyway...
Chapter 33 - When The Mask Falls Away
Chapter 34 - Helpless
Chapter 35 - The Grim Reaper
EOTL ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY! + One Shot!
Chapter 36 - You Won't Believe This False Hope
-Announcement-

Chapter 18 - I Need A Drink

1.2K 37 17
By breezzer_bree

I was right.

I never heard the end of it.

All the way to S.T.A.R. labs she ranted about it and even when we got there she continued, it wasn't until a more interesting topic came up that she finally stopped. The British Blonde from the club's name was Amunet Black, she was a meta who could control a certain type of metal. She helped Caitlyn contain Killer Frost and in exchange, Caitlyn was her muscle. Eventually, Caitlyn wanted out and Amunet didn't want to go so now there's this big thing between them, I think they both want to kill each other.

"Look, what are Amunet's plans with the weeper?" Iris inquired. Was that his name? I tried thinking back to the people I saw on the bus. I scowled, why didn't I pay much attention to my surroundings? I would have if I knew that the bus was going to be hit with dark matter and turn everyone into meta-humans!

"Not my problem," Killer Frost commented.

"Look, he was on that bus. We helped create him. We need to save him." Iris stated.

"No, I need to leave and escape from Amunet," Frost corrected. "There's a reason CCDP has not caught her. And that you idiots just realized there's a major crime lord living under your noses for the past three years. She's too powerful, we can't stop her," She said leaving the room.

"Guy's we have a responsibility to The Weeper and to this city." Iris insisted.

"what do you suggest we do?" Cecille asked followed by a long silence. If we were going to fight her I would have to use my powers, and I didn't want to revile them yet. We needed more strength, I wasn't going to be much help with my abilities.

"What if I found the guys?" I suggested and all eyes centred on me.

"We don't need them-" Cecille started.

"What if you get caught?" I cut in. "If I come with you guys we don't have any back-up if something bad happens."

Cecille sighed, "Your right."

"We need a plan," Felicity added.

"We need to rescue him before Amunet does whatever she's planning, okay? Cecille, you need to gather information on Amunet. Felicity, you need to pull up the blueprint to the club. Willow, try and find back-up we'll send you our location once we arrive, if we're not out in 2 hours come and get us." Iris planned. "We got this, We're strong women."

"Yeah," Cecille agreed. "#Feminism."

"#Feminism" We cursed putting our hands in the middle.

-------------------------------

I stood outside the run down building staring at the neon signs. Why in the world were they here?

The first place I checked was Joe's house because that's where they were supposed to be but they weren't. I found a note on the living room table and picked it up, it was from Joe. It said that Dibny knew a place they could go and that if they weren't here when we got back to not worry. Unfortunately, I had no clue where they were.

I got out my phone and called them again. No answer. So I called them again, and again, and again, and again, and again-

"Ms please stop calling," A ruff male voice answered finally.

"Sorry but I need to know where my friends are," I replied hastily praying he wouldn't hang up.

"Will you stop calling?"

"Definitely."

He sighed, "The Golden Booty." Jesus Crist, they were at a strip club. "Now please stop calling, the guests are not allowed their phones in this establishment," He said and hung up. Yes! Finally a lead! I looked up the place and drove to the location.

Why here? Of all places, here? At the Golden Booty?

I approached the door of the older building and knocked. A bouncer opened the door and stared at me menacingly.

"Are you a dancer?"

"Uh, no. I'm here to meet-"

"If your not a dancer your not allowed in."

"But-"

"Goodbye Ma'am," He said with no emotion and closed the door in my face. I huffed and leaned against a wall, I guess I'll have to wait until they leave.

I was about to give up when I noticed two girls dressed in golden bikinis stroll into another entrance further down. If your not a dancer your not allowed in, the guard's voice echoed in my head and I got an idea.

Here goes nothing.

I snuck past the guard and pranced towards the further entrance and hid behind a big garbage dumpster. Leaning against the other side of it was a dancer taking a cigarette break. I quickly peeked over the corner to study her outfit and memorize the details. I closed my eyes and concentrated on the bikini, imagining it on myself. This time the tingle wasn't just in my hands, it spread throughout my entire body. When I looked down I was wearing an identical outfit to hers.

I stood up and walked towards the door trying to look as confident as possible when walking past the bouncer. I was about to reach the doorway when a hand gripped my shoulder and I felt the illusion glitch so I quickly threw his hand off me.

"Uh, sorry Ms," he apologized. "I just didn't recognize you."

"It's my first night," I lied.

"What's your name?" he said looking at a sheet of paper in his hands. Oh, shoot!

"Um, Wil-Willow Blake," I said and I mentally hit myself, why did I give him my real name?!

"What's your show name?"

My eyes widened, show name? "Um," I stuttered, what should I say? "Uhh,"

"You don't know?"

"Umm, how about you just think of one for me."

"Okay but you're not on this sheet Ms. Blake," He informed.

"I should be, check again," I demanded and snapped my fingers behind my back.

He looked over the page again then smiled at me, "Sorry about that, go ahead." Hqe motioned to the door.

I let out a relieving sigh and entered the building. It looked like I was in a dressing room of sorts, if I was going to pull this off I wouldn't be able to touch anything, and I had a bad feeling that I should not rely on the illusion. In the corner of the golden dressing room, there was a rack that held extra costumes. I picked out a pair and changed into them and the illusion dissipated. Also on the rack was a fluffy black fur coat, I slipped it on feeling uncomfortable in my skimpy costume.

To my left there was a table scattered with make-up products and a mirror. I noticed my reflection, I slowly lifted my fingers and grazed the small cut on my cheek. It didn't hurt anymore but it definitely wasn't a pretty slight. I concentrated on my reflection and I waved my hand over my cheek. When I lowered it, the scar was gone. I doubted I would've fit in here with that cut.

I scanned the dimly lit room, there were only two exits, the way I came in and one near a curtain. I strolled towards the curtain one and peeked through it. Infront was a stage with a pole and surrounding it were chairs and tables filled with men. My eyes landed on Joe, Barry, Cisco, Harry and Ralph in a booth at the back of the room.

How was I going to get to them?

I stood thinking of a way to get there without being noticed and didn't hear the person approaching from behind me.

"Your up!" He shouted and pulled the jacket off me. He pushed me through the red curtain. I froze in shock and embarrassment, everyone's eyes were on me. The colourfull flashing lights surrounded me and when I didn't move a spotlight was shown upon me. I wasn't nervous one bit.

"Come on sweetheart! Don't be shy!" A loud rowdy man called from the crowd and I got several cheers and whistles. What was I going to do! Somehow my fear-stricken eyes landed on their shocked table. All of them were staring, some eyes filled with surprise others accusing. I rushed off the stage in embarrassment and speed-walked to the back of the room, my eyes locked on the exit. That definetly was not how I wanted that to go!

A hand brushed my exposed shoulder and I jumped around to see who it was.

"Willow, what are you doing here?" Ralph questioned.

"I was trying to find you guys," I stated and I felt red start to creep up on my cheeks when I realized I was almost naked. I started to feel really self-conscious and I rapped my arms around my waist then added, "this isn't what it looks like."

"It looks like you work at the golden booty," he smugly responded a slight smile forming on his lips.

"This was the only way to get in. Not one of my brightest ideas," I admitted awkwardly.

"Come sit down," He suggested and I timidly followed him to the booth. When we reached it I noticed another girl sitting with Joe. Oh! She was Cecille's daughter! Jeanie? No. Joanie! Joanie West. Cecille introduced me to her one time, what was she doing here?

"Hey, guys..." I greeted awkwardly.

"Here," Dibny said handing me his coat. I slipped it on and pulled it around me. It was so big on my small figure it felt like a blanket.

"Thanks," I smiled warmly and sat down next to him.

"Willow please tell me you're here writing a book on the female experience," Joe sighed and looked at Joanie.

"Uh, no?" I answered. "I'm here because we need your help." An arm slipped around my neck and my cheeks turned bright red again when I realized it was Ralphs. I tilted my head discretely to look at him, he was pretending like he didn't notice, I smiled and looked back down knowing that my cheeks were as red as a tomato.

"Joe? Why didn't Rose make room for Jack on the door?" Barry wined and I looked at him. Oh, my god, did he look drunk, there was even chicken wing sauce all over his face. But wait, he isn't able to get drunk right? "There was plenty of room for both of them," He cried and Cisco shook his head.

"Is Barry... Drunk?" I wondered and Cisco nodded.

"Uh, Cisco, when does this gift of your's stop giving?" Joe asked.

"You did this?" I laughed pointing at Sad Flash. He wasn't lightly intoxicated either, he was fully wasted.

"I did. But I thought we would be watching home movies right now!" He defended and gestured to our non-home movie surroundings.

"Again! you are welcome!" Ralph chimed.

"So, I guess this is a bad time to ask for The Flash..." I mumbled.

"Why?" Joe asked concernedly.

"We may have run into a little... trouble," I said innocently.

"Trouble as in?"

"Evil Metahuman," I answered.

"Is Cecille alright?"

"I don't exactly know anymore," I stated and he shot me a look, "What time is it?"

"8:23, Why?" He asked staring into my soul. I left S.T.A.R. labs at around 7 o'clock so it's been about an hour and a half. Shoot. We had to get out of here.

"You steal 20$ from me Ralphy?" a girl with a New Jersey accent accused standing in front of our table.

"When?" He asked then corrected, "I mean, noooo."

A man approached from behind her holding a framed picture of Ralph that read '#1 costumer'. "yea, you did. I saw it. And I've been waiting a long time for this Dibny!" He said holding the frame in the air and bringing it down on his knee. The glass shattered everywhere and Ralph pulled his arm from around my neck and got up.

"You monster!" He yelled and charged at the man, Before I knew it the whole place turned into a full-blown fist fight

I sighed staring at the chaos."I need a drink," I decided and walked to the bar.

————————

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

299K 9.9K 44
5/--/18: #2 in #theflash 6/- -/19: #7 in #theflash 8/28/19: #1 in #dccomics 5/6/21: #3 in #greenarrow She can control time. Speed it up, slow it down...
2.9K 130 26
My name is Arabella Smith, I am a sketch artist and a CSI. I am best friends with Iris West. I would be closer to Barry if he wasn't so caught up wit...
101K 2K 28
(ARROWVERSE AU- takes place after season six of Arrow and Season Four of the Flash. I've seen both season five and seven and they won't even be close...
241K 5.4K 69
Book (1) Ella Peters is just a regular girl. She has always dreamed of becoming a reporter. When she was a kid, she was best friends with Barry Allen...