Sinbad: High King of the Seas

By PhoenixBunny456

{Completed} Annalise was an infant when she was stolen from her parents at the age of three she managed to es... More

Chapter 1: "Annalise, The Fanalis girl and Sinbad Child of Destiny!"
Chapter 2: "Sinbad the Sailor!"
Chapter 3: "The Dungeon Baal!"
Chapter 4: "The First Sea!"
Chapter 5: "Qualities of a King!"
Chapter 6: "Where you Belong!"
Chapter 7: "Sinbad the Merchant!"
Chapter 8: "The Household Vessels!"
Chapter 9: "Sasan, Land of Purity!"
Chapter 10: "The Power to Change the World!"
Chapter 11: "Artemyra, City of the Sky!"
Chapter 12: "Djinn Equip Battle!"
Chapter 13: "Magi"
Chapter 14: "Dragon's Face!"
Chapter 15: "Serendine and Drakon's Story!"
Chapter 16: "Shocking Truth!"
Chapter 17: "Debt!"
Chapter 18: "A Contest of Fate!"
Chapter 19: "Departure to the Island!"
Chapter 20: "Ria Venus Island!"
Chapter 21: "Sinbad's Unbelievable Defeat!"
Chapter 22: "Jafar's Quest!"
Chapter 23: "Ray of Hope!"
Chapter 24: "Pride and One Hand of the Counterattack!"
Chapter 25: "Mariadel's Bankruptcy Plan!"
Chapter 26: "Beacon of Rebellion!"
Chapter 27: "Confusing Freedom!"
Chapter 28: "More than just my Queen, Be my Wife!"
Chapter 29: "Making a Country!"
Chapter 30: "Journey on a New Adventure!"
Chapter 31: "Heliohapt!"
Chapter 32: "Curse in Heliohapt?"
Chapter 33: "The Truth of Heliohapt!"
Chapter 34: "Sixteenth Dungeon, Zepar's Trial!"
Chapter 35: "Hinahoho Vs Mytras, Jafar Vs Masrur!"
Chapter 36: "Two King Vessels!"
Chapter 37: "The Seven Seas Alliance Will Protect You, Heliohapt!"
Chapter 38: "Farewells and Sharrkan's Struggle to Find His Place!"
Chapter 39: "Torran Village!"
Chapter 40: "Household Queen Vs the Man Who Enslaved Her!"
Chapter 41: "The King Zepar Spoke Of!"
Chapter 42: "The Magi named Judar!"
Chapter 43: "Diplomatic Mission with Rashid!"
Chapter 45: "Chat with Barbarossa!"
Chapter 46: "Things to Be Happy About!"
Chapter 47: "Future Island of the Kingdom of Sindria?"
Chapter 48: "The Horror of that Night!"
Chapter 49: "Tears Shed!"
Chapter 50: "Yunan's Gift of Life!"

Chapter 44: "Parthevia and the Little Emperor!"

1.6K 45 4
By PhoenixBunny456

"Kyou wo ikinuku no wa sonna ni kantan ja nai!" A bird is shown flying then all the characters are shown with Sinbad and Annalise last. "Yume ni tsubusaresou de nemurenai yoru wo yuku!" A boy is shown holding his hands together followed by a boy holding some type of weapon. Then a blue haired girl is shown and she opens her eyes as she was holding her hands together as well. A guy throws a weapon as he's shown. "Osanai koro no BIJYON wa dokoka ni kiete shimatta!" Three people are shown together. "Fujouri na sekai de kitto dareka naiteiru" Two people are shown followed by a guy with wraps covering his mouth and he slashes with a knife. "Mukizu de tsuuka shiyou to omou na!" Sinbad is shown and he fights off a monster while Annalise flashes behind him with a smile on her face. "Sono michi wo yuku no nara!" The two are shown growing up almost in the same position where Annalise stood behind Sinbad. "Kesenai kizu wa ikita kiseki da! Shinu made wasurenai yo!" Their friends are shown running and Annalise jumps up into the air. "Donna higeki no asa mo koete yuke! Nigitta yume no kankaku wo kate ni shite! Mukuwareru hoshou mo nai ga yokan wo shinjite hashire! Aisubeki kiseki no shunkan wa koko ni shikanai!" Annalise, Sinbad and another guy gets backed against each other and Sinbad freaks out before looking at the two and the three run forward and attack a monster before being blown away. "Ikiyuku riyuu nante atozuke sa! Asayake no PINSUPOTTO ga bokura wo terashita! Kodou ga tomaru sono hi made owaranai! Tsugi wa kimi no ban datte yoake ga iu!" Sinbad is shown defending everyone. Allies and enemies are shown with Annalise last and she giggles as Sinbad smiles at her. "Hitotsu mata hitotsu tte tsumiagete kita kibou wa! Itsuka yogore suteta risou ni yoku naiteiru! Osanai koro no BIJYON wa dokoka ni kiete shimatta! Wake mo nai kotoba ni ki wo torareteta suki ni! Itsuka kono ishiki mo zenbu hai ni kawaru no nara! Ikita imi wa semete shiritai yo! Subete ga, subete ga kiete shimau mae ni! Saigo no hi boku wa kitto yokan wo shinjite hashiru Kutabire kitta gokan wo okizari ni "Ato chotto nanda" tte! Ikiyuku riyuu nante atozuke sa! Asayake no PINSUPOTTO ga bokura wo terashita! Kodou ga tomaru sono hi made owaranai! Tsugi wa dare no ban ka tte! Yoake ni iwarenakutatte wakaru darou!" Sinbad is shown and Annalise walks over to him as he stands with the rest of their friends.

They get shown around and Annalise's eyes widen in shock. Her hand goes to her mouth. Sinbad was also shocked.

"This is Parthevia?" Sinbad asks.

"What do you think of how Parthevia has changed?" Barbarossa asks, "It probably still has a long way to go compared to Balbadd, but life is starting to return to our country. This is all thanks to our food rationing."

"Rationing?" Sinbad asks.

"Why is there still a ration imposed? The war is over now, isn't it?" Annalise asks.

"Yes. It's because the war is over. Many of our country's fields were laid to waste during the course of the war, and it's become difficult for us to produce enough food to sustain ourselves. As a result, we must import a great number of goods, so we distribute those goods evenly among the citizens. Each citizen receives a portion large enough to keep them from going hungry." Barbarossa says.

"In addition to food, we help provide medical treatment, homes and even jobs to those in need." A girl says, "We divide everything so that no one has to much or too little. This is all thanks to the order established by our independent nationalist party."

"After the war, a great number of countrymen were killed or left unemployed." Dairu says, "Without work, there's no way to earn money. Without money, there's no way to provide for your family. People suffering from this vicious cycle were everywhere."

"A soldier like me had no place in society after the ceasefire treaty was signed." Another guy says.

"I didn't either!" A third guy says.

"But thanks to this party, I found work I could do, and I've been able to help others in similar positions. Soldiers, Nobles, commoners, as party members, we all share the same spirit." The second guy says.

"We should take responsibility for saving our own citizens, after all, we're different from the monarchy that started the wars." The group says in unison. People come over to thank Barbarossa and Annalise's eyes widen in shock as everyone was happier. Everyone begins cheering for Barbarossa and Annalise looks at Sinbad.

"Wh..." Sinbad says.

"What do you think? It's pretty amazing. He really understands how politics works. He took the people's feelings into shrewd consideration, allied himself with public opinion, and expanded his political party. Not many people his age can accomplish something like that. The proof is right here. Look, they're all wearing the same colored arm band. That's the mark of a member of Barbarossa's Independent Nationalist Party." Rashid explains, "All of the party supporters also wear something of that color. Just look at the number of people wearing it."

"Almost everyone... is a party supporter." Annalise and Sinbad say in unison.

"That's right. Now you can see just how much influence he has, can't you? All of this is something... he has accumulated in only a short amount of time. That's the kind of man Lord Barbarossa is." Rashid says.

"What are you saying, King Rashid? I'm just good at rhetoric. I can't begin to influence economics the way you do. I can't create anything or sell it to the people." Barbarossa says, "The ones who are truly amazing are you merchants. That's what I think."

"I don't think so." Sinbad says.

"Sin?" Annalise asks.

"After all, merchants can't do anything besides trade their goods. If you want to regulate laws and be able to change the lives of your country's citizens... being a merchant is not enough. I... want to learn how to govern like you." Sinbad says and Annalise's eyes widen in shock.

"What an honor. If that's the case... I'll give you these. These are my literary works. I've written down the fundamental ideology, political views, and politics of the independent nationalist party. Although, they might be a little dry compared to tales of your adventures." Barbarossa says and Annalise looks at Sinbad who held all the scrolls, "Please make yourself at home until we continue our conversation tomorrow. I'll be back to get you then." Barbarossa leaves with his party members.

[That Night]

Sinbad and Annalise read through the works together after spending a few hours doing 'things'. Sinbad read over Annalise's shoulder as they laid in bed together. He ran a hand down to sooth her pink hair that she had cut a while back but had grown back to the length.

"Amazing... all of his knowledge about party politics is recorded here..." Sinbad says.

"To compile all of this in a book of propaganda and then put it into practice, I gotta admit he's done well." Annalise says.

"Barbarossa... despite being unrelated to the royal family, that man as able to unify the country to this extent... so is blood still what's really necessary to become king?" Sinbad asks.

"Sin... about that..." Annalise says and he looks at her.

"What's up?" Sinbad asks as she lays her head against his neck.

"If you're worried about... blood. You don't have to be." Annalise says.

"Because you're a princess according to your father?" Sinbad asks.

"Well, that too, but because... you're the one I'm married to and... the one who's baby I'm carrying." Annalise says before lowering her voice. Sinbad's hand on her back stops in shock.

"W-What?" Sinbad asks.

"Remember the Torran village, when we had a room separate from the boys?" Annalise asks.

"That was half a month ago." Sinbad says.

"Yes, but... I can feel it and Rurumu noticed. She asked if by any chance we'd... done it and I told her the truth. She's had a few already, so she knows the signs. I presented with them all." Annalise says and Sinbad pulls her into his arms more and he ends up resting his head against her shoulder. His hands find her belly.

"A child for us. What will we call it?" Sinbad says.

"It's a little too early for that." Annalise says and she giggles, "But... I thought about it and we've already got names chosen for us."

"Names?" Sinbad asks.

"For a boy... I want his name to be Badr and if it's a girl... I want her name to be Esra. I want our children to be named... for the two people who showed me what it was like to have parents even if they weren't." Annalise says and Sinbad looks up at her.

"That'd be nice." Sinbad says as he holds her in his arms. They go back to reading after Annalise smiles at him.

Political parties. Popular will. Elections. For Sinbad, who thought of absolute monarchy as a matter of course, they were all new ideas to him. This was his and Annalise's first encounter with the realm of politics.

[The Next Day – Parthevian Royal Palace]

Annalise walks beside Sinbad into the room behind Rashid. Sinbad stood very close to her as she was back into the outfit that she'd worn there. Annalise looks up towards the throne.

"I've brought King Rashid, your highness." Barbarossa says as they stare up at the 32nd Emperor of the Parthevian Empire. His name was Ceylan Dikumenowlz Du Parthevia.

"Serendine's... I mean, the Princess's brother was enthroned?" Sinbad asks Rashid.

"That's right. The previous King died from his illness and the Princess went missing. Now, the only remaining heir to the throne is Lord Ceylan." Rashid explains.

"But he had no real power. In the current system, all political power rests with congress." Sinbad says.

"This may seem unfair, but it's all for his majesty's protection. Had Prince Ceylan inherited the throne, our country would have been thrown into chaos. If we were unable to maintain peace without our own country, then the truce we agreed to would've been meaningless. That's why our political parties now act as the government while his majesty supports us. That is the way Parthevia is now." Barbarossa says.

'No real power... a symbolic emperor... that's the reality of Parthevia's current monarchy.' Sinbad's thoughts say.

'The situation... is just too much.' Annalise's thoughts say as they look at each other.

"It's been a long time, hasn't it, Prince Ceylan? No, I suppose it's King Ceylan now. You've grown into a fine young man." Rashid says.

"King Rashid, you also look well. Your help providing goods for our citizens has been invaluable. Our restoration is all thanks to your country." Ceylan says.

"Huh?" Sinbad and Annalise say in unison.

'He seems unexpectedly composed... I see. In Heliohapt, the two factions fought to secure political power on the throne, but here, it's the political parties that competes with each other for popularity. As such, I guess I don't really have to worry about him getting caught up in everything, huh?' Sinbad's thoughts say. Ceylan begins coughing and Annalise's eyes widen.

"We'll have to put our discussion on hold. Take him to the doctor." Barbarossa says.

"Yes sir!" Some guards say.

"King Rashid, to prevent worsening his majesty's condition, we'll stop here for today." Barbarossa says, "My deepest apologies."

"That's fine." Rashid says, "I'm sorry we seem to have overstayed our welcome."

"No, it's not your fault." Barbarossa says.

"Sin." Annalise whispers and the two look towards the little emperor. One of the ones helping was the same woman they encountered in the Dungeon Valefor.

'That woman! I'm sure... She's the magician... Falan!' Sinbad's thoughts say. Sinbad grips his hand into a fist.

"Hmm, I had heard he was sickly like his late father, but we mustn't make him push himself. Let him rest for a while." Rashid says.

"What did you think of Parthevia?" Barbarossa asks looking at Sinbad, "You were showed around the city, and you saw our new political system. You also met with his majesty, so you've pretty much seen everything there is to see in this country. So why the long face? There's still something bothering you, isn't there?"

"Then forgive me for speaking openly." Sinbad says after a few moments of silence, "I still don't completely trust you. It's true that conditions here have improved... compared to wartime, goods have grown bountiful. The absolute monarchy's tyrannical rule has ended, and nationalist politics has been entrusted to Parthevia's citizens. Smiles have returned to the people's faces, and yet... that magician is still here in the palace. The magician Falan who tried to kill us... and then there's you. So, the doubts I've harbored about this country still haven't been erased. My apologies."

"I see." Barbarossa says, "Dairu, tell me, what are today's plans?"

"Yes, sire. After this, we're headed to greet the election committee. This afternoon, you're scheduled to give your speech as the party leader at the central auditorium. Then, in the evening, you're to attend a party at the house of Lords—" Dairu says.

"Cancel it all." Barbarossa says.

"Of course, I'll cancel it—huh?!" Dairu asks. Barbarossa approaches Sinbad and Annalise. Sinbad steps protectively in front of Annalise who also gets ready to attack if Barbarossa made a move to attack them.

"King Rashid, would you mind if I borrowed these two for a while." Barbarossa asks.

"Hm?" Annalise asks.

"What?!" Sinbad asks.

"Sure..." Rashid says confused.

"Why not?

"It's a good opportunity, isn't it, Sinbad? After this, I'llbe busy with negotiations, so I won't have time for much else. Our ship homedoesn't depart for another three days... so you two should go." Rashid says, "Usethis time to find your answers."    

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 152 36
**COMPLETED** "Then leave. Come with us." I almost laugh at the absurdity of his suggestion, "I can't. I can't just leave. They'll never let me just...
10.2K 341 8
Perseus, prince of Septuron, has been captured. By who, you might ask? By Luke, Crown Prince of Pendrane. He suffers disgrace and dishonor at the han...
77.9K 1.7K 17
You are a girl from just a land unknown to humans but the only words you can remember are from your sister. "Protect your brothers as I couldn't, my...
123 6 32
After they came and snatched our freedom, I saw everyone change especially my family not because they were infected by them but the infection that ha...