Social Media «ᴄᴀᴋᴇ»

By barakatboulevard

In which two boys that are eight thousand miles apart fall in love through social media. More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue
Soundtrack
hi!

Chapter 10

10.1K 340 466
By barakatboulevard

hi :-(

aw, babe, what's wrong? :-(

nothing's WRONG, but i just feel really weird right now.

tell me everything :-)

there's nothing to tell, really. i was shipped with some girl at school today, and it was pretty weird.

is she hot?

yeah, i guess.

you guess.

i guess.

you guess?

i guess.

you guess!

i guess?

you guess.

i guess!

seriously, though, is she hot?

she's pretty hot, yeah.

do you like her?

i don't know. i don't know if i like her enough to ask her to be my girlfriend. i mean, she's nice, and she's pretty, and she's really good at school, and she's funny, she's sassy, she has good taste in books...

idk man, i feel like you have a little bit of a crush on her. what's her name?

rylee. and i do not!

yes you dooooo

no

yes

no

YES

NO

YOU LIKE HER ADMIT IT

THERE'S NOTHING TO ADMIT BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE HER

rylee and luke... what the fuck is your ship name?

people at school call us ryluke and it's really weird tbh

I SHIP RYLUKE

EXCEPT I DON'T LIKE HER

I think you do. And I'm using proper grammar because I feel like this is important. You are my best friend, Luke, and the way you just described Rylee to me just proves that you like her. You don't just describe a person like that. A person that you really, really like is always on your mind, and you just talked about Rylee like you've observed all these things about her.

I like to consider myself an observant person.

Maybe you are, but did you notice how quickly you sent that message? You talked about her like it was nothing. You may not want to admit it to yourself now, Luke, but I really think you like her.

I don't know, Cal. I don't think I like her.

You do. I'm sure of it. One day soon, Lucas, you're going to come to me and ask for ways to ask her out, because I am ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE that you like her.

What makes you so sure of that?

I like to consider myself your best friend and able to read you inside and out :-)

Remind me: Why do I love you again?

Because I'm fabulous.

Well, you got that right.

Seriously, though. I love you, Cal.

You're my very best friend.

And I love you, Lucas.

You're my very best friend, too :-)

I smiled, putting my phone away at the moment. I tapped away at the desk, trying to concentrate on the book in front of me. Sometimes I disliked George Orwell's grand vocabulary. I liked big words and intricate detail, but sometimes it got my head a little woozy. I've been wanting to read 1984 for a very long time now, but having to read it for a book report really drained my interest in the book.

Sighing, I ran a hand through my hair. "This book is so trippy," I muttered to myself. I didn't understand how nothing was illegal, yet some things came with a huge punishment. Where's the logic in that?

It was eleven o'clock when I reached the seventh chapter of 1984, and when Calum sent me a message goodnight.

are you sure you're not just going to watch supernatural?

i'm waiting for the next season :-(

WATCH SHERLOCK

whoa, mate. i will. calm yourself.

but i really want you to watch sherlock :-(

aw, bby don't be sad!

but sherlock :-(

i'll watch it. i promise!

i'm going to go to bed, babe.

goodnight xx

goodnight xx

✘✘✘

"So, Lucas, when are you going to ask out Ryley?" Francesca asked me the next morning.

I let out a small whimper. It was unintentional, but I always find myself making weird sounds when I mean to complain. "It's just Luke," I groaned softly.

"Okay, Luke," Francesca said with a roll of her eyes. "When are you going to ask out Rylee?"

"I don't like Rylee."

"But you guys are so cute together!" Francesca complained.

I wanted to glare at Francesca, but I didn't. I needed to contain myself. "Rylee and I aren't together, and that's not how it works, Francesca," I told her, a hint of annoyance in my voice. "I don't like Rylee, and Rylee doesn't like me. That's that. I'm sorry Francesca, but 'Ryluke' isn't going to happen." I put my left headphone back on, and This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race was playing at full volume (as Fall Out Boy was my band of the day). I wasn't really sorry when I said that to Francesca, but I didn't want to sound mean.

I walked into homeroom as The Mighty Fall started playing. Right before the bell rang, Michael rushed into the room as usual and he took his seat beside me.

"Ashton told me about yesterday," Michael said.

"Did he?" I asked.

He nodded. "I don't really know what to say. Based on what Ash told me yesterday, I would like to tell you that I don't ship it. Then there is a chance in which you actually like Rylee like that. In that case, I'd be really happy for you. But I don't know what's going on right now, so I won't say anything."

I let out a sigh. "I don't know if I like her. I don't think I do, at least. My best friend seems to differ..."

Michael looked at me. "Who is your best friend, anyway?"

"He doesn't go here."

"Shame."

"Yeah, it is."

Ashton came to the classroom and I looked down at my desk. I really did wish Calum went to my school. I really wanted him beside me. I needed him beside me. I needed his black hair, his brown eyes, his sass, his laughter, his smile—I just really needed Calum with me.

✘✘✘

"Hashtag Ryluke! Hashtag Ryluke!" Francesca and Killian chanted.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't angry. I honestly didn't mind if anyone shipped me with anyone else. The only thing that bothered me was that none of us appreciated it. Rylee had hopelessly asked Francesca to stop with the shipping, but Francesca continued it anyway. Ryluke was the only thing I've heard about today, and it was annoying the fuck out of me.

"Shut up, Francesca," Rylee growled. This was one of the few times when Rylee didn't call Francesca 'Frannie', which was the nickname Rylee had for her best friend. Rylee was radiating anger, and a part of me would feel sorry for her if she didn't act like being shipped with me was an insult. I mean, I know I'm worthless and overall a bad person, but she could at least fake it.

Rylee sat down on the concrete, hugging her knees and resting her chin on them. I couldn't help but noticed that Rylee looked a little cute when she was angry.

I sat down next to her, doing the same thing with my knees and wrapping my sweater-clad arms around them. "I'm sorry," I told her. Rylee looked up at me, her face flustered, and she turned back to looking at the ground. "I'm not really that bad, am I?" I asked.

Rylee's eyes widened. "No! No, you're a sweetheart! It's just that... I don't know... Francesca can be a bitch sometimes. She's taking this too far."

I nodded. "Francesca sure is something," I murmured.

"Sometimes I wonder why James even likes her," she told me.

"Aren't you her best friend?" I asked.

Rylee nodded. "Yeah. At least I think I am. Frannie and James have been dating since sophomore year, and I've felt like a third wheel ever since. I guess I'm just mad that Frannie keeps ditching me for James. James does the same thing, though. He's always standing up his mates for Frannie. I guess they're in that phase in their relationship in which there's no one in the world but each other." She laughed bitterly. "Not that I'd know how that feels. I've never even had a boyfriend."

"Girlfriends are always an option," I said with a shrug.

Rylee laughed, and this time it was a happy one. I was surprised that she thought my statement was funny. "I'm pretty sure that I'm straight, Luke."

I shrugged. "I'm not. I swing both ways." I then let out a small chuckle, suddenly remembering my conversation with Michael.

"You're bisexual?" Rylee asked me.

I nodded, and then she nodded, too.

"Do you feel like a third wheel around Michael and Ashton?" she asked me.

I turned my head to look at her. "I've never really thought about it. I don't think I do, no. Michael and Ashton are friendly on their own, so anyone could feel comfortable around them even if they're together as a couple. I'm not exactly sure how to word it, much less explain it, but I suppose I can say that you just feel comfortable around them."

Rylee sighed. "You're lucky that you have good friends. I try my best to hang out with Frannie and James, but even when they're around people, all they do is look at each other with heart eyes and kiss."

"You're lucky kissing is the only thing that they do," I muttered, referencing Michael and Ashton.

"What'd you say?" she asked.

"I didn't say anything," I replied.

"Yes, you did."

"No, I didn't."

Rylee sighed. "Whatever, Lucas."

I rolled my eyes, but I didn't correct her. I made my own comeback. "Whatever, Kylee."

Rylee scoffed, and she shoved me slightly. "You're an asshole." I knew for a fact that Rylee absolutely hated when people mistook her for Kylee, her identical twin. Kylee hated it, too, but Kylee was quieter whereas Rylee was more...outgoing.

"Then why are you sitting next to me?" I asked. It was supposed to be serious, but these type of questions are the ones that people take as a joke.

"If I remember correctly, you were the one who sat next to me."

"I sat next to you to apologize, and I did. You were the one who decided to start a conversation."

Rylee grunted, and he rested her chin on her knees again. "You win this time, Hemmings."

I laughed. "I always win, Jacob." And I do. You should just look at my conversations with Calum for evidence. Oh, wait, you don't know Calum, much less that he exists.

Now that I thought about it, Rylee reminded me of Calum in some ways. Her brown eyes, her black hair, and her tan skin. She looked like a gender-bent Calum. That would mean that Kylee was also a gender-bent Calum, but personality wise, I suppose Rylee was more like Calum than Kylee.

"So," Rylee said, "you think you can lend me the pushpin book?"

"If I see a crease on the cover, or any dog-ear on the pages, I will make it my raison d'etre to brutally murder you."

"Thanks?"

"You're welcome," I said with a big smile.

"You're weird."

"You're the one who wanted to talk to me, and that automatically makes you weird."

"I guess we're both weird, then."

"I suppose we are."

Rylee and I sat in comfortable silence for the rest of the class, our silence blocking out Francesca and Killian's bothersome chants.

✘✘✘

hi :/

what's wrong this time? :-(

nothing's wrong... it's just...

just what? luke, you can tell me anything.

forget it.

tell me.

it's nothing.

it seems like something.

c'mon, luke, how bad can it be?

if it makes you feel any better, i will still love you after you tell me.

it's not important.

anything that you think or say is important, luke.

fine, i'll tell you.

yay! :-)

I sighed, running a hand through my hair. Should I tell him? I should tell him. He's my best friend. I should tell him. I'm going to tell him.

i think i like rylee.

✿✿✿

#ryluke (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 76 17
Coming from a broken home. Calum Hood hanging on to his life and getting regular beatings from his dad. His mother doesn't even know. Luke wants to s...
123K 5.4K 25
Two boys who have been friends for years unexpectedly fall for each other. Cover changed. Completed 2016
19K 182 9
Just a collection of cake (boyxboy) oneshots.. have funnn!!!
324K 4.3K 27
A bunch of dirty 5 Seconds Of Summer one-shots.. It's them gay ships if you know what I'm saying...