Lost of love- Completed

By 50shadesofblues

Longlisted for The Wattys 2018 Luxy Ara Starr very purposely goes by Lucy Little. Her true name is only a co... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Author Note
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Releasing this Thursday!
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Releasing this Thursday!
Book 2 is in the works
New Cover reveal!
New Cover reveal

Chapter 13

210 17 6
By 50shadesofblues

The birds fluttered their wings outside Lucy's window. It was morning. The start to a new day and the last day of the year. A day to plan and one for reflection certainly. The morning rose bright and cheery for all the inhabitants of Merryville Drive, but the Littles were wrought with distress. A new form of uproar held them distraught.

This one decidedly more alarming and disturbing than all past moments of outburst within the Little family. But with the sensitive nature of the matters being discussed, this upheaval was more of the hush hush kind. It was whispered in secret between the three Little sisters.

"I lost my virginity."

"You what?"

"I lost my virginity," repeated Cat simply, as if she had just lost her pet cat and not something vitally important like her V-card.

Lucy stared at Cat flabbergasted. Was this a joke? But this was Cat, she wouldn't joke about something like this. But then she wouldn't have been the one spouting off this nonsense either. Cat was the bookish one. How the hell...???

Lucy rounded on Emily, "How could you be so irresponsible, Emily?" She demanded of her little sister. "How could you let this happen to you?" Lucy demanded forgetting her own many near misses with Jace.

"Why are you scolding me? Cat's the one who did It!" Wailed Emily, protestingly.

"Just how stupid do you think I am? I know Cat is just covering up for you! She's taking the blame onto herself for your wrong doings like always," Lucy said sarcastically.

"Well this time she isn't. This time she did the wrong all on her own," barked Emily angrily.

"Hey, you guys I'm right here. I can answer to my own mistakes," said Cat mournfully.

Lucy turned on her then. "What is wrong with you? How could you just go and...? Oh My God! Were you raped?" Lucy asked horrified.

Cat stared back transfixed. Her eyes widening and turning glassy, she looked more cat-like than ever before, if one discounted the blue-and-not-green hues of her iris. She contemplated the question seriously before concluding quite decisively. "No... No! I don't know just how it happened only that it did." Cat reiterated unhelpfully.

"Alright, let's all calm down," Lucy said more to herself than to anyone else, "I want you to tell me exactly what happened."

Then another horrifying thought struck her, and she burst out again ahead of herself, "Did you use protection?"

"I... I don't know!" Cat erupted into an uncharacteristic wail. Lucy scrunched her face and clenched her teeth in agitation. This behaviour was exactly what was expected from Emily, but Cat? She just didn't understand it.

"Just tell it already!" Emily interrupted demanding impatiently.

They were all gathered at their usual sisters-meeting place, perched on Lucy's bed. The amount of drama that had unfolded over its soft contours over the years have been nothing short of astounding but this... this took the cake. Thankfully, Jace was already gone that morning before her sisters had come barging in with this... this news!

"I was at the party last night with Emily," begun Cat stupidly, for that they already knew. Lucy rolled her eyes but otherwise did not interrupt.

"He came up to me at the party-"

"Who?" Both Emily and Lucy yelled impatiently.

"I don't know! I don't even know his name!" Wailed Cat.

"Did he spike your drink? It could be that date drug!" Lucy cried out, fitfully.

"No, I was not drugged," Cat replied earnestly.

Lucy just didn't understand it. She looked at Emily confused, but Emily only said tightly, "Stop interrupting and let her tell how it happened."

"So, like I said, this guy turned up at the party looking completely out of place and I knew instantly he was a gate crasher. That he shouldn't even be there," Cat begun her explanations sending butterflies of tension crawling in Lucy's midsection. She shuddered in immediate horror expecting the worst.

"He was soooo cute. I mean cute. You know how I'm unlike Em in thinking that every guy is the cutest thing on earth but this guy. This guy! He really was!"

That made absolutely no sense to Lucy and turning to catch Emily's gaze she knew it made no sense to her either. Cat just didn't notice things like men. Her nose was too buried in her books for that. Always.

"I was struck standing there watching him and he noticed. Over the din and in the crowded room filled with girls dressed to impress, he saw me," she related, matter-of-factly, then added as if in awe. "Plain and simple me."

Lucy cringed feeling somehow at fault. She should have been there to protect her little sister. Never mind that she wasn't invited. There were other gate crashers there weren't there? He had been a gate crasher. She should have been one too.

"There's nothing plain about you, Cat," added Emily unhelpfully, for there really wasn't.

Cat really was anything but plain. She was after all, Emily's identical twin. She may not be as flamboyant in her dress sense... alright she dressed as bad as Lucy, but otherwise she looked hot. Lucy didn't get how she could miss it. She was Emily's twin for goodness sake. Didn't that two and two add to four in her book?

"I watched him approach me looking amazingly sexy and ruffled and I wanted to get all over him like a rash," Cat explained, and Lucy winced having catapulted headlong into the past to her own sixteenth birthday to be exact. The very one she'd celebrated at Jace's in a pool party that had landed her first soul-scorching kiss. The very one that had lent her half-crazy over Jace ever since. Oh god!

"He approached me and leaned down close, so he could speak right in my ear, so I could hear over the din you know, and he said, 'Want to fuck?' and I just said 'Yes!"," Cat explained simply. It had really seemed like the only option for her at that time. He had been so sweltering hot; how could she not have melted into a puddle at his feet?

Lucy felt faint.

"You see! You see why I had to keep dragging Cat along from one party to another. She hasn't a clue how to respond to an interested male." Emily was swift to go on the defensive, but Lucy was not about to let her off so easily.

"It was your dragging her off to one of your parties that landed her in hot soup in the first place. You should have just left her alone or better yet, keep her with you at all times at those parties."

"I am not a child to require constant looking after," protested Cat in affront, but she was only lambasted for her efforts with piercing gold and blue hues of incredulousness. Cat was not ordinarily known for being stupid but there were clearly exceptions for everybody.

"It was just this once," she added reasonably. "What are the odds of my coming across such a perfect specimen of the male of our species, again?" The last was said a little woefully.

"Then what happened?" Lucy demanded, to wrought for such ridiculousness, she knew it was just nerves that had Cat putting on such bravado. Both Emily and Lucy strained forward, stunned but waiting for more. But Cat had fallen silent and appeared lost in thought.

"Where the hell did you go fuck?" asked Emily looking on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

"In Lisa's brother's Mark's room. I guess he must know Mark," Cat said mildly.

"If he's Marks age then that's illegal, what he did. He had sex with a minor. Mark's what? twenty?" Emily pounced, wanting to dig her nails into the asshole.

"I don't want him to go to jail. I think I'm in love with him," announced Cat, again stunning them all.

Lucy felt her head start to spin. This was a lot to take in right after her tearful farewell to Jace that morning and knowing that Celine would be there any moment to take her shopping. She would have to cancel. She was not even dressed for that yet, still clad in her shorts and T as she was. With Celine, Lucy would have to try to look good next to the glamorous goddess. She really hated shopping... and Celine.

"You didn't even get his name?" asked Emily, still fuming mad. Then Lucy felt bad for thinking about anything other then what just happened to Cat. She was a horrible older sister.

"Nope," cried Cat regretfully. It appeared that was all she regretted over losing her V-card. Not getting the fuckers bloody name.

"He was just so mouth-wateringly delicious and lost looking. I loved that he looked so lost and lonely," Cat sighed stupidly.

"He was a fucking gate crasher, of course he looked lost!"

Emily tsk tsk automatically at Lucy's swearing and earned herself a glare in return. Then the blare of the horn jolted her into action. Celine was there, and Lucy still looked like shit. Deciding she really couldn't care less, and that she would not be going anyway, Lucy rose from the bed.

"Not another word till I get back," she warned. "I don't want to miss out on anything."

Her senses were all hyped up still shaken from the shock of what happened to her little sister only the night before. The night she had not been there to protect them. The night she had been captured in pleasures of her own in Jace's arms. Guilt ate at her as she dashed off downstairs to get the front door.

"Richard?" Lucy gasped unexpectedly. Was this to be the day for shocks then? "No... I mean... uh... Celine?"

"Celine couldn't make it. I volunteered in her stead."

"I bet you did," Lucy muttered under her breath.

"Pardon?"

"No need... at least not yet," she muttered back a little disjointedly.

"Is something wrong?" asked Richard then, peering down at her interestedly. "You're looking a little panicked."

Lucy was feeling a rather flustered. "No... er, nope."

"Look, if this is about what happened over at my place the other day...."

"No!... er... nope!" Lucy so didn't want to go there just yet.

"Then it's not as if you're afraid to go out with me, is it?" Richard lifted a mocking brow challengingly.

The nerve! Lucy was torn between needing slap his arrogant face and needing to prove him wrong. She never did handle challenges properly. She always seemed to dive right into them face first and yet, she never learned. But not this time. This time there were far more pressing matters at hand then going shopping with this... this man.

"I will not be going shopping with you, Richard." Lucy managed with a cold politeness that surprised no one more than it surprised her.

"You will be doing exactly that, Lucy," Richard refuted softly, but there was nothing soft in his steely undertone. "You and I need to talk Lucy and without your precious Jace underfoot."

Lucy clenched her fist against the rising urge and instead she took a deep calming breath, glancing back upstairs she contemplated the bombshell Cat just dropped on her. There was not much she could do about that and she knew Emily would have her well in hand.

"We will have to be quick. I hate shopping." Lucy muttered warningly. Her gold eyes clashing with his dark voids. His answering grin was fleeting.

"I am ready whenever you are," Richard murmured stepping back to allow her to pass through.

"I... er... I just need to get my bag. I'll see you in the car," Lucy replied shortly, before rudely shutting the door in his face.

She rushed back upstairs to grab hold of her bag before hurrying back to face Cat. She interrupted the blasting Emily was dishing out to her, saying, "I have to rush, Cat. But I'll be right back." Lucy reached out to draw Cat into a tight embrace. Tears rolled unbidden down her cheeks. Her little sister and she... she.... Lucy couldn't do it. She couldn't leave not knowing all of it. The frantic thudding of her heart would not allow for it. Lifting the back of her hand to her face she dashed it across her wet cheek.

"No, wait," Lucy did a swift turnabout. "This discussion is not over." She drew back to add sternly. "I need you to tell me exactly what happened and be quick about it. I have to hear the whole of it before I go."

Cat put up her best pouty look before finally giving in to Lucy's unflinching glare. This was not the time to try acting cute. A rarity on Cat that at any other time would have ascertained she got her way. But not this time.

"He took my hand and sparks flew. Before I knew it, I was in the room with him and then he dropped his lips down to mine and I crashed out. I simply have no recollection of actual thoughts; I only felt, and those feelings... those feelings were mind blowing. I was lost in it, Lucy. Completely and utterly in his thrall. And later I was too shocked to know we'd done it. It was as if my natural common sense returned to shock me into action. He appeared unconscious having passed out... after... you know. I panicked and took off. I found Emily and we hauled ass home."

"Wait! You said he passed out. Was he drunk or high on drugs?" Lucy asked.

"Nope, he was as sober as me. At least I think he was. I couldn't smell anything on his breath. Neither of us had any alcohol. As you know I don't drink, and I smelt nothing on him. I tell you it was all so strange and unusual, but if he were before me again and if the same feelings arose I would unhesitatingly jump his bones again," Cat stated matter-of-factly.

Lucy didn't know her. She realised that after all these years of watching her little sister grow, she didn't really know her sister at all. This Cat who stood before sounded nothing like the Cat she thought she knew. This was a stranger. She obviously felt no remorse for her actions.

Was this her way of seeking the attention that was always directed at Emily? Had she finally flipped out and gone crazy? Had puberty finally set in? Was she now officially boy crazy? These were all the questions whose answer Lucy didn't know, and she didn't have the time now to figure it all out.

"I have to go now. Don't do anything until I get back," Lucy yelled out while making a dash for the front door. Not too far out from there she found a fuming Richard steaming behind the wheel of a Beemer.

"Sorry, I had a crisis to attend to," Lucy muttered as she got into the car.

"A crisis really? Since when were you the one running a multi-million-dollar business?" Richard snapped.

"Hey, I am not the one who wanted to go out shopping. Its fine if you're too busy. In fact, it's perfect!"

There was a tightening around the corners of his lips, but Richard chose not to otherwise respond.

"Where is Celine?" Lucy finally asked into his stony silence.

"I sent her off to accompany Jace on his business trip," he said shortly.

The scoundrel manipulating them to his own ends. The tension in the car shifted. Now it was Lucy who sat in stony silence. She could tell that he snuck several sideways glances at her along the way before finally giving in to say, "So what gives? Tell me what the fuck is wrong? "

Lucy jumped, startled by his angry tone, but she was already provoked beyond reason herself. She'd had it with everyone trying to manipulate her actions to their own ends. First Knyte Starr who wanted her to go over to San Francisco to see him, then there was Jace who was equally determined that they be a real couple and now Richard is about with his own agenda.

Lucy felt torn in so many directions, but it was really Cat and what happened to her only last night that had Lucy churning with an unreasonable amount of unfocused hate. It made absolute sense to Lucy that Richard should be her outlet of choice for that built-up of venom.

So, she said, "Where do I start? How about how you're a manipulative asshole trying to ruin the lives of everyone around you? My feelings for Jace is none of your concern and neither is his feelings for me. You have no right to dictate anything to anybody. Who the fuck, do you think you are?" But Lucy breathed with a raging anger that refused to be denied. "You, fucking arrogant piece of... piece of...," she had to stutter at that for loss of words but then continued mindlessly on," And then with what happened to poor Cat! How can things like that happen? How can things like you happen? I still can't believe that my poor little sister just...."

Lucy caught herself in time. She was not about to confide her family problems in him. He was the enemy.

"Tell me," he ordered shortly, and something in her just snapped. Her hand flashed out of its own accord aiming unerringly for his chiselled cheek. The man took stony to new highs. But even on impact, his hand was there clasped firmly about her wrist in an unbreakable hold and successfully limiting the impact of her assault so that it was almost a caress instead.

Lucy instantly drew back and clenched her fist to strain urgently against his hold. But Richard was a well of strengths that went beyond a brilliant mind and a body made of pure muscles, stern self-discipline was what moulded him into the man he was today. And better men have caved in to power of his will.

"Tell me, Lucy," he gritted out through clenched teeth and an inexplicable trembling pervaded her limbs. The craving to confess all to someone stronger, to someone who could not only take it all in and not wilt but stir her in the right direction. The urge to tell Richard all was overwhelming. Lucy realised at that point she needed direction. She needed help. She needed more than a friend who would support her no matter what she did. What Lucy needed was someone to simply objectively tell her what to do? Richard offered that escape.

He would just bark out a command and with all his natural arrogance, he would have her do exactly that. Lucy's heart lightened in hope. The yearning to be free from all that plagued her thoughts guiding her action. Just like that Lucy opened her mouth and spilled the beans, and later, sobbed in regret of having confessed it all. Lucy was a mess.

Richard drove on quietly, his grip still secure about her wrist almost as if he had forgotten it was even there. It was sometime later before he finally spoke. While there was no visible difference in his choice of words, Lucy could still hear an unexpected softening to his tone.

"Clean up. You're a mess," he said mildly, tossing his handkerchief at her. Who in the hell used those anymore? But Lucy gratefully accepted and blew her nose into it before turning back to scowl balefully at him. She felt manipulated somehow. She had been at a low point. Weak.

There was no other reasonable explanation why she'd told all her family secrets to a virtual stranger. A detestable one at that. The freaking enemy. Lucy buried her face into the palms of her hands appalled at her actions.

There was no going back from this. She'd doomed them all. Having given Richard Reeves all the ammunition he would need and then some to plunge them all to their immediate doom. Lucy's vivid imaginations got the better of her and it all she could do to hold back the whimper of distress.

"So, you don't know who this guy is? No idea at all?" Richard with all the sharp focus of a trained business mind managed to cleave through all of it to cut to the heart of the matter that was an immediate concern – Cat and the man she'd slept with the night before.

Lucy mutely shook her head refusing to say another word for fear of incriminating herself and her family further. There was no knowing with Richard which way the wind was going to blow. He had been the backbone for the Neil's family business keeping them solvent for so long but what had been his true purpose behind all that?

To secure Jace for his brother-in-law? Lucy didn't know, this was just something else in the pile of sludge she'd off-shouldered onto Richard's lap. Hopefully he could address that at some point and help clear things up a bit.

But for now, Lucy shook her head staring at his tense profile and marvelled at how he managed to ignore all her ramblings in between the torrent of information she poured out at him and zoom in on the key issue.

"Hmmm...," was all he said in reply.

Hmm?

"Hmm... what?" She asked rudely. He just brought out the worst in her no questions about it.

"Your stop has arrived," he said instead, cutting off the engine and getting out before Lucy could catch her breath to question him further. She stared after him, stumped. Had he just done that? Listened to her life story and brushed it off as insignificant? Lucy flushed beet red with a unique mixture of anger, embarrassment and plain humiliation. But she was done feeling sorry for herself. Done being emotionally trampled over. Gritting her own teeth Lucy turned then to look out the window and gaped at what she saw.

Her mouth fell open in aghast.

"We're going in there?" She asked, her breathlessly raised high to a fever pitch. Then," We can't go in there!" Lucy exclaimed adamantly. Richard only lifted a sardonic brow while holding her door insistently open. Then she was being marched on straight for the revolving doors in front of her. Lucy put her foot down, but Richard merely slipped his hand about the small of her waist to urge her on forwards. She was thrown into a panic.

"No, you don't understand," hissed Lucy insistently. "I really can't go in there." And she really couldn't. Her meagre savings wouldn't stretch it. Behind those doors, the smallest article of clothing cost nothing less than a thousand dollars. Thousands she did not have let alone the spare to spend.

But Richard appeared oblivious to her pleas. She grabbed at his arm and tugged but Richard's expensively shod foot was already within the revolving doors of Chanel. The momentum tugged her off balance and Lucy found herself brought up against him. She couldn't believe he'd done this to her.

Was this his way of embarrassing her into leaving Jace alone? While she herself would not have concocted so diabolical a plan, she could see how it could work. Lucy shifted on her feet hesitantly feeling at an immediate disadvantage. If his aims were at making her feel incredibly poor, he had succeeded beyond his wildest dreams. Lucy felt penniless standing there.

She was finally and seriously starting to give college the consideration it deserved. There was nothing like feeling poor to put one's priorities into perspective. Her dad should have had the foresight of marching her into this store a lot earlier.

Collins Street, Melbourne was home to the wealthiest stores in Victoria catering to the filthy rich. It was also the headquarters to all the banks and the financial hub for investors. Wealth screamed along both sides of the street and yet, Lucy had never noticed that fact till now.She had always remained stoically marching along the footpath moving on to whatever intended destination. She might have spared a sceptical grin on peering in these lavishly displayed windows but never actually had the temerity to across its threshold. Standing there now as a customer had her shaking with trepidation.

"Are you alright?" Richard peered down at her pale face quizzically. Lucy breathed in hard to stop herself from hyperventilating and flushed red for her efforts. Lucy nodded her head absently counting the seconds before she could pull away and leap for safety. Her gaze rushed back longingly towards the revolving doors. But his hold hadn't slackened. Instead his grip tightened holding Lucy firmly in place.

Lucy looked up watching with fascinated horror as his lips seemed to inch down closer to her. But then they were moving. Saying something.

"Snap out of it Lucy. Its only money," said the man with the money.

At any other time, Lucy would have marvelled at his perception but as it was she could only freak out even more. That was easy for him to say. Money! He had it. She didn't.

"Can I help you Mr Reeves?" Asked the snottiest snob of all time as she deliberately ignored Lucy to give all her attention to the only one of the pair that stank money, Richard. Lucy could see the dollar signs and then something more gleam in her eyes.

She recalled then that Richard was a celebrity of sorts. He was certainly well photographed in the papers often enough. The people who worked here no doubt made it their business to know the who's who who had the deep pockets they liked.

But Richard ignored the woman completely and merely drew to a halt eyeing the display in the shop sceptically. It almost made Lucy grin to see he was less than impressed. She honestly doubted there was anything that could impress him. But it looked like he knew exactly what he wanted which begs the question, had he done this before? With Celine? Or someone else? Strangely, Lucy felt her stomach squirm at that possibility.

Having had enough, Lucy drew in a ragged breath. "You know I won't be able to afford anything here don't you?" She blurted out finally unable to contain herself. Lucy ignored the rosy flush to her cheeks and met his gaze determinedly. Pride be damned before the price brought her down to her knees.

"Don't worry, I never let my dates pay," he said, smirking down at her. That shook her. Had he just said what she thought he said?

"I am not your date." Lucy was swift to protest.

"In that case, I'd be happy to let you pay," he said facetiously. Joking? Now? Really?

"Richard! Be serious."

"Oh, but I am, Lucy," he said, smiling sweetly. As if! There was nothing sweet about Richard Reeves.

Lucy stamped her foot. She couldn't help it. It was not as if she had any other means to vent her frustration. She would probably be in jail soon enough anyway on charges of fraud shopping on the pretext that she had money.

"Look Lucy, I brought you here to shop at my expense. Whatever you like, it on me."

"I can't let you do that," Lucy said earnestly, feeling a little mollified that his intentions were noble... or was it?

"Do you think you can stop me?" He smirked annoyingly. Lucy merely shook her head at his arrogance and wrung her hand free from his grasp. Then she turned heel to head back the way she came.

"Stop," Richard called out angrily.

"No, you stop!" Lucy called back just as angry. She hated the way he treated her. As if she didn't matter. As if she were a puppet whose strings he could pull and twist at will. Her hand was caught and Lucy was tugged back unceremoniously mid-angry-strides to land with her back against his hard chest.

"Don't leave!" He instructed softly even as he breathed heavily in her ear. Her little act of rebellion had served to work him up into a fine seething rage. He buried his face into the curve of her neck pressing his lips to her skin. It was an unexpectedly intimate move that left her shaken. Lucy struggled within his hold trying to break free. He opened his mouth to suck hard at the base of her neck drawing a whimper of pain to escape her lips.

"No don't!" Lucy hissed back in a whisper wanting him to stop. She knew what he was trying to do...to mark her... his.

"Do not fight me on this," he said roughly, as his lips left her sore skin. His tone implied that she not fights him on anything else either.

Lucy found herself being marched back to face an array of expensive clothing. She lost what little desire she may have had to shop at all. It suddenly didn't matter if she looked like shit over the weekend. Jace abandoned her there at the mercy of this lunatic. Lucy decided she would look shitty for him... for them both. It was only fair.

So, decided, Lucy made for the gaudiest ensemble on display and was caught up short with Richard's arm tight about her waist.

"Uh-uh," he tuts tutted, shaking his head reprovingly at her and then chuckled out right. "I knew you would be more trouble than you were worth." Richard whispered huskily in her ear before calling out loudly to the sales assistant watching on the sidelines with avid interest.

"We'll take that one." He pointed out to a gold dress. Then casting Lucy aside, he went on as he moved through the racks," and that one...and that."

Lucy stood back and observed as he completely commandeered the shopping turning it into an expedition of massive proportions. She watched on as the heap of clothing grew and struggled hard to contain the smirk that threatened to emerge every time she noted the various shades of gold that each article of clothing he picked blatantly displayed.

She recalled back to his conversation at the beach party that had marked his birthday. Gold, he had said, he would clad her in gold to match the colour of her eyes and here he was doing just that.

Lucy shook her head at his extravagance, long having given up on the mental telly that was bound to leave her with a life-altering headache later. She merely made a point to ask the ecstatic sales assistant on her way out if the clothes were returnable. It would be disappointing to part with the clothes, but it would have to be done.

Lucy accepted the fortifying glass of champagne from the assistant that was presented to her with a flourish and tossed back its contents without ceremony. Then she moved back further to perch herself on a comfortable settee, request for more of the liquid gold and drink herself silly.

The ride home was strained to say the least. Lucy watched his grip on the steering tighten. Then gulped when she saw his two hands become four. She honestly didn't think she could have gotten drunk on a flute of champagne... ok, several flutes.

The assistant had kindly left the bottle by her side at her third request for a refill. Richard had been livid to return from his little shopping spree to find Lucy slumped to the side lolling on the settee.

"Say something," she slurred out finally, unable to take the silence between them anymore. She was much more used to Jace who was never without words to begin with. They rarely had silent moments between them. That was till of late. But then there were many stranger things than usual happening of late.

"What would you have me say? How I'm right that you're unfit to be in Jace's company? How Jace is a fool to want you? How I am a... never mind," he bit out sharply.

"No. No, why stop at that? Go on. Get it all off your chest," whispered Lucy, the hurt she felt at his words turning her voice hoarse. Instantly, her eyes welled up in tears. But she was not about to cry over something he said. Lucy sobbed and looked about for something to mop up before they spilled and finding nothing but the used hanky of earlier, Lucy used the hem of her t-shirt.

Richard's fluent curses pulled her up short. Temper was back to the rescue. She turned flashing gold sparks and opened her mouth in a hissing fit that showed him she was every bit as versatile with her tongue as he was. Then she wiped up on her sleeves and opened her eyes wide determined not to cry anymore, at least till she got home.

Richard pulled up at the front of her house. Lucy immediately fumbled with the door latch trying to get it open but falling miserably. She stopped finally to turn to face Richard. "It won't open," she got out meekly.

Lucy heard Richard sigh in frustration and refused to meet his eyes. She kept her gaze fixed on her lap as she waited and waited. Lucy waited for what seemed like forever before Richard leaned over to reach across her and with a simple pull had the door opening as if by magic.

She felt her tension suddenly drain away. Freedom beckoned. She could escape at last. Lucy beamed up a smile at Richard and saw his own amused expression fade away to be replaced by something else. Something darker that was tightening his features even as his face closed in on hers.

"What...?"

His lips slammed onto hers with all the impact of a bullet train. Her question cut off midway and muffled by the open-mouthed assault of his lips. It was no ordinary kiss this. He fed on her with a hunger she didn't understand. His hands came up to capture her head stilling her movement and controlling the angle of her head, so he could mould her lips any which way he chose. Lucy's muffled moan was what had her jerking apart. But Richard had only just gotten a taste. He was not ready to release her yet.

His hands tightened about her and her mouth opened in protest was again swiftly devoured in an onslaught of the senses. Her lips clung to his of their own accord. Her will gone. There was only the rush of sensation now. Mindless and fiery in its heat. Lucy struggled to remember... to think why this was wrong and then she did.

"Jace," Lucy sighed, just as his lips released hers for air. They panted heavily down at each other. Then a string of tightly restrained curses had her flinching again. But this time she deserved it. This time she was guilty. Richard released her and moved back to his seat. He stared stonily ahead refusing to look at her.

Lucy tumbled out of the car distraught and without a word and made her way into her home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

569K 3.3K 7
"Why are you following me?" She eyes me suspiciously, like she doesn't trust someone wanting to say hello. "I want to know your name. Mate." There...
250K 2.3K 5
⚠️THIS STORY HAS EXPLICIT SCENES AND MATURE CONTENT. IT IS NOT ADVISED FOR THOSE YOUNGER THAN 18⚠️ Also, please be aware this is merely an EXCERPT fr...
17.5K 567 23
You have to read B1-3 to read this! • ~ Book 1: https://www.wattpad.com/story/89507260-jerrie-perfect-for-you-book-1-c • ~ Book 2: https://www.wattpa...
305K 18K 49
*TRADITIONALLY PUBLISHED BY FRAYED PAGES x WATTPAD BOOKS! COMING TO BOOKSTORES 6/11/24!!* |2022 Wattys Shortlist| When a demon princess and a human m...