•Ice Cold• Gray Fullbuster x...

By Aqua_Sea_Chan

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail or any of the characters in this story unless it is my original plot. Thi... More

•Village•
•Rumours•
•Magnolia•
•The Guild, The Members•
•Fight•
•Magic • Part 1•
•Magic • Part 2•
•"Puzzling" Challenge•
•Festival of Lightning•
•I Didn't Want To, I Swear•
▪Uncooperative▪ Part 1▪
▪Uncooperative▪ Part 2▪
▪Cooperative▪ Part 3▪
▪New Apartment▪
▪Forced Date Night▪
▪We're In For It Now▪
▪Missing▪ Part 1▪
▪Found▪ Part 2▪
▪ Gloves▪
▪Apology▪
▪A/N▪
▪ Worthy Opponent ▪ Unfinished Chapter/Notes ▪
▪ Final Goodbye ▪ Chapter Notes ▪
▪ Unmotivated ▪ A/N ▪

•Celebration•

1.3K 30 4
By Aqua_Sea_Chan

Y/N = Your Name
M/N = Middle Name
L/N = Last Name
H/C = Hair Colour
H/L = Hair Length
E/C = Eye Colour
S/T = Skin Tone
POV = Point of View
F/F = Favorite Food
F/C = Favorite Colour
▪ or ●○● or ○●○ = a separator, not really an abriviation. Will be used in certain places.
Italics = Thoughts, Onomatopoeia, Or emphasising.
Parenthesis = A small reminder or conversion of money or standard to metric system.

Enjoy!

●○●

▪Y/N's POV▪

Today was a big day for the fairies. It was an anniversary. Hell if I know what year anniversary it was. Almost everyone was here. Excluding Laxus and Mystogan, maybe a few others on jobs. Otherwise, everyone I knew was here and having a good time.

My group was all separated. Lucy and Erza were chatting over some cake and drinks. Natsu was attempting at karaoke, determined to beat Gajeel at singing; he was failing miserably. Gray, well, he was all alone. As was I.

The guild was quite big after the renovations, I could barely find myself around. I managed to find a game room, where I may or may not have got competitive and beat a couple of the Fairies' asses. It was fun, but only for about an hour. Everyone was already in their groups or just not interested in talking to me.

I was like a lost duckling. Looking for something to do, a way to entertain myself. After awhile of going in circles, and looking at their own... gift shop?, I managed to find a pool. A grin spread across my face. Despite having a hard shell, my soft spot was for swimming. Immediately I rushed to find my team. I knew Gray was sulking in the corner, I'd bother him last. My face was a bit red from too much excitement as I told everyone we should have a pool party. To my delight, everyone agreed. This left only Gray.

▪Gray's POV▪

I examined Y/N scramble around the rooms telling the others something. As she made her way to me, I could make out the giant grin on her face. Her cheeks were also rosey. I felt my face heat up a bit. She tugged on my sleeve like a young child and looked up at me. Her smile almost convinced me of her being only a little kid.

"Grayyyyyyy! Let's have a pool party with the others! They already agreeedddd!"  She was jumping up and down. Y/N dragged her words to add emphasis, or maybe to convince me more. If she was trying to convince me, it sure as hell was working. But in a wrong way. I imagine my face was already pink, I turned away quickly.

"No." I peered at her to see her reaction. I watched her smile fade as she let go of my sleeve and stopped bouncing. She almost looked like she was going to cry.

Don't give me that face, don't give me that face, don't give me that face... Dammit. Why are you so damn cute?

I sighed, "Fine. I give in. I'll join you in the pool." It was at that point that I realized I've never seen anyone as strong as her go from devastated to delighted in 2 seconds. My face flushes red again.

"Okay!" Y/N chirped, "Meet us in 20!" She called as she ran home. As she ran, I processed what went down.

How does a man love someone this damn much?

▪Time Skip
▪Y/N's POV▪

On my way home, well Lucy's, I thought about my outfit. I fumbled with my keys and unlocked the door. Rushing into my room, I held out to bathing suits. One was a little small, so I tossed it aside. The other was a f/c [one piece or two piece, you choose].

I changed quickly and pulled up my hair into a quick ponytail and a bow. I smiled at my work. (If you don't have long hair, just keep it down. You go boo. Xoxo) I managed to get a sneak peak of Lucy's outfit. I complimented her and in exchange I got a compliment as well. She headed out the door.

I grabbed a duffel bag with a [favorite animal] on it and packed a towel, a change of clothes, an extra pair of sunglasses, and some snacks. I applied sunscreen and checked the time. Panicking, I slipped on my sandals and rushed out of the house, still managing to lock it.

I spent too long dawdling around, I'm going to be late! I have a minute to get there. I could stop time, but that'd be too tiring.

I sprinted through the guild doors straight to the pool. I saw everyone there. Erza was in a two piece red suit, Lucy in a white with a blue bow two piece, Natsu in pink and black swim shorts, and Gray in navy swim shorts. I bent over, hands on my knees, panting.

"Uh, Y/N-"

"Shut it, Campfire. I don't want your opinion," I snapped before Natsu could say anything. I placed down my bag on a chair next to everyone else's and caught my breath. I look at Natsu dead in the eye. "Bet you can't jump in the pool first."

With that, both of us ran our fastest, Natsu boasting along the way. I was laughing. I heard Erza, Lucy, and Gray running to the pool, too. I easily beat Natsu by at least 2.5 seconds and dived into the pool. Soon, I swam up for air. Natsu swam by my side, saying he'll beat me next time and that I cheated.

The cool liquid against my skin was refreshing. It was blazing hot outside today. I watched one by one, Erza, Lucy, and then finally Gray fall into the pool. They all managed to pop up, again one by one, and laugh.

"Graceful you are, Popsicle," I teased. He didn't exactly dive in like the rest of us, he fell in.

"Shut it. You saw nothing!" He crossed his arms. I laughed and stuck my tongue out at him. His only response was a "tch" and a turn of his head.

"SUCK IT GRAY, I BEAT YOU IN THE RACE! I WON!" Natsu shouted. Gray scoffed and started making up excuse like: "I wasn't ready" or "The others were blocking my way."

I looked at Lucy and Erza. I swam over to them and whispered my plan into their ears. "While they're arguing, let's all splash them." They both agreed.

"Three, two, one."

Next thing you know, Gray and Natsu were blocking the water, upset about our master plan, yet still laughing. They splashed back.

"Oh! I have an idea!" I exclaim through the furious splashing, "Lets play chicken!"

Lucy seemed to like the idea, but the others weren't as amused. Natsu countered my idea by saying there was only 5 of us, an uneven number. He splashed me as well. Gray was just Gray and disagreed with my idea. I shrugged, "Someone can be the judge."

Erza volunteered. I clapped my hands. "Alright, so girls vs boys or mix it up?" Lucy wanted to be with Natsu, so that was our teams. Lucy and Natsu vs Gray and Me. "Girls top or bottom?" I smirked. Erza glared at me.

I watched as Natsu groaned and Lucy and Gray went slightly red. Happy popped out of what seemed like no where and yelled at me. Laughing, I told them it was a joke. Turns out girls were going to be on the guy's shoulders, I didn't argue.

Natsu went underwater, allowing Lucy on his shoulders. The both came up. Natsu gripped Lucy's feet as she maintained her balance. I smiled. Cute couple. Gray looked at me, I nodded. He slowly dunked himself underwater. I climbed on his shoulders as he rised for air.

"Alright, no cheating or you will be disqualified and or punished," Erza spoke up, "This game of chicken will be best out of 3. The winner gets... Bragging rights."

The members peeked with interest. Some gathered to watch, others continued with their day.

"On your mark, get ready, fight!"

I smiled as Lucy and Natsu came to fight us. I interlocked my fingers with her, not using all my strength. I managed to push her, making Natsu stumble back and fall. I watched Lucy slip off his shoulders and swim up for breath.

"You're stronger than I thought, Luce," I winked. She gave me a thumbs up and smiled her determined smile.

"Round two!"

Same as before, Lucy climbed on Natsu's shoulders. I let her beat me, it's not fun when I know I can win. Gray got a bit angry at me. I smiled and poked his cheek. I watched a smile tug on his lips but quickly fall again. I didn't mention it.

"Round three! How about we switch it up? Guys on top of the girls?" Erza announced I agreed... and laughed.

"I don't even know if I can carry Natsu!" Lucy whined as Natsu stated he was offended. I smiled.

"One second, Lucy! Let me make it fair." I quickly swam and jumped out of the pool, drying myself off a bit before running to the game room. I know there's a cauldron.

I spotted it and quickly grabbed ingredients. I stirred and watched the liquids turn into a magenta colour, perfect. I weakened the strength spell a bit so Lucy didn't accidently launch Natsu off her shoulders when she managed to get him on.

I swiftly put a quark in the bottle and ran back to the pool. I managed to swiftly reach near the pool area. Not being careful and ignoring the rules about no running near pools, I slipped at the edge of the pool, falling onto Gray with a splash. I open my eyes underwater to see that Gray caught me. His arms wrapped protectively around my hips. My head rested somewhere on his chest. He let go and we swam up for air.

"Oww," I complain. "Are you hurt, Gray?" He shook his head. I cleared my throat and turned to Lucy. "This won't taste too good, but drink it."

"What?"

"Drink it."

"It's a strength potion, it'll help you lift Natsu," I explained. She made an "o" with her mouth and drank the potion. Lucy ended up coughing. What? I told her it would taste bad. I grabbed the bottle and put it by our stuff.

Lucy and I looked at each other and both went underwater. I felt Gray on my shoulders and stood up in the shallower end. Lucy did the same with Natsu.

"Fight!" Erza declared.

Gray and Natsu fought for dominance, both obviously using all their strength. Lucy and I stumbled from time to time, but we stayed on our feet. I watched Natsu get more and more frustrated and tried not to laugh. I believe Lucy was doing the same, her face was red, a smile plastered on, and tears formed at her eyes.

"Place your bets here! Who's going to win? Lucy and Natsu or Y/N and Gray?" Shouted a member. I smirked.

Finally, Natsu got tired enough for Gray to push him into the water with Lucy. I smiled. "That's my boy!" I shouted before dunking myself underwater and throwing Gray off my shoulders.

We all swam up and shook hands. Natsu was salt, just pure fucking salt. I heard some people groan, saying their bets on Natsu went to waste, yet others cheering, saying they knew we would win.

"No more games for awhile, let's just chill." I suggested.

"Natsu you're so damn heavy," Lucy complained. I laughed.

"We definitely need a break."

▪Time Skip▪

Gray and I were the last ones of the team in the pool. It was about 2 pm I'd say, a solid 3 hours in the pool.  The others had gone off somewhere. We were just chatting, which was relaxing. He doesn't seem to like to talk to me very much.

"Hey Gray?" I asked Gray as he looked in my direction. He responded with a quick, "hmm?"

"Thanks for coming with us. It'd be no fun without you, you know?" I could see his cheeks dusted with a rosey pink.

"It was no problem. It's just..." he starts, hesitating, "Nevermind. I'm going to get out. Cya, Y/N."

I didn't get the chance to call out to him for him to finish. He was already gone before I could find the right select of words.

Dammit. Finish your sentences.

▪Gray's Pov▪

I couldn't tell Y/N that the only reason I came was because she looked like she was a little kid again. I couldn't tell her that she was adorable just like one in that moment. I couldn't tell her I wanted to see her smile like that more often.

I couldn't tell her my feelings.

○●○

☆Bonus☆
The Day After...▪

▪Y/N's POV▪

I drank in the comfortable thoughts in my head. I was having an iced tea at the bar sitting next to Gray. I've been trying maybe too hard to connect the dots on what he was going to say, it frustrated me. And no matter how much I bug him, he absolutely refuses to tell me.

"Sooo, Y/N, I've heard that you, possibly the strongest wizard to join the guild, were acting like you were a little girl again and bothered your team to go swimming with you." I knew that voice. It was Cana. I could hear the smirk in her words. Fighting a blush of embarrassment, I coughed.

"No idea what you're talking about."

"Come onnn, I saw you and Gray out there together talking." She teased. I gripped my glass to the point where I heard the glass start to crack. I released my tight grip.

"I. Do. Not. Know. What. You're. Talking. About. C a n a." Making sure I spaced out her name, I repeated myself. No way in hell am I going to let anyone else hear it. She walked away snickering. I glanced at Gray who looked like he could care less, but I knew better. He was angry.

"Y/N YOU WERE IN THE POOL WITH GRAY ALONE??"Mirajane squealed. I just about felt like crying and dying in a hole. A few members looked our way. I knew she was going to try and make us a couple. She would tease and tease, "accidently" bump into one of us to make us closer, and etc.

"NO!" Gray and I shouted in unison. I clenched my jaw.

"I KNEW IT! YOU WOULD BE A GOOD COUPLE!" She cried. I smashed the glass.

"Oh hell no, have you seen that thing?" Gray pointed to me as he stood up angrily. My eye twitched.

"Speak for yourself iceberg, you looking like a stripper tried to fu-" I cut myself off knowing there was children present. Clearing my throat, I watched as Mira cleaned up the glass pouting and left to tend to the others.

I mentally told Gray to finish his sentences, yet here I am, with an unfinished insult. I sighed in bordem from my thoughts.

Smirking, I thought of a plan. I faked a pout and looked at the ice mage who sat back down. "Do you really think that way of me, Gray? Would you really not date me?" I looked down and fake sniffing and fumbling with my fingers. If I'm performing, it better be believable.

I took a glance to see a shocked Gray with a light blush. He calmed down and finally mumbled, "Maybe I do and maybe I don't." I swear to god Mira almost passed out. I can't believe she heard that.

I got to admit, I wasn't expecting that for an answer. I quickly went back to my normal composure from my shocked one. I fake laughed it off. "I'm just joking with you, popsicle." We looked different ways and went on with thinking.

The only question that ran through my mind after what just happened was not something I'd normally find myself thinking. Especially if it was about Gray.

Why was I satisfied with a "Maybe," why wasn't I angry for him even considering dating me?

●○●

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

722K 20.6K 45
You're friends with everybody in the guild. Ever since your family abandoned you in the forest, you've been part of Fairy Tail. Before Fairy Tail, y...
210K 5.9K 30
❝ ᶠʳᵒᵐ ⁿᵒʷ ᵒⁿ, ⁱⁿ ᵐʸ ʷᵒʳˡᵈ, ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ ⁱˢ ᵒⁿˡʸ ʸᵒᵘ. ❞ ↪️Lasya never cared about anything other than her sister. Because of her protectiveness, she will k...
29 0 11
Asleep, hidden beneath the guild of Fairytail laid one of there darkest secrets. A girl whom was struck by sleep for the past ten years, you. Once a...
63.3K 2.4K 45
-/-/- She was a friend, just like a sister. --- He was a teammate, like a brother. --- But if you ask me how we ended up together... --- for yourselv...