Calidisi (Slowly updating)

By SapphireMarie99

{Falling in love is when she falls asleep in your arms and wakes up in your dreams.} Secrets. Danger. Love. M... More

Calidisi
Chapter 1: Discovery
Chapter 2: Mevel Academy
Chapter 4: An Odd Encounter
Chapter 5: Liam?
Chapter 6: Shiiii...zingers!
Chapter 7: The Ride
Chapter 8: An Uncertain Meeting
Chapter 9: Dating?
Chapter 10: Learning Day by Day
Chapter 11: Sisterly Love
Chapter 12: Losing Doubt
Chapter 13: Nothing More, Nothing Less
Chapter 14: Fine or Forgive?
Chapter 15: First Kill

Chapter 3: Poems and Shopping

219 8 2
By SapphireMarie99

Poems and Shopping:

Mr. Delagore entered the noisy classroom of girls and set down his briefcase and coffee on his desk. His shaggy brown hair looked darker and bags under his eyes were very noticeable.

"Alright ladies, settle down," he spoke outloud,"Did you all finish your poems?"

Everyone nodded.

"Good, would anyone like to volunteer to read theirs aloud? No? How about you Miss Riccardi?"

I looked up from my poem which I was rereading quietly,"Me?"

"Yes, please read your poem to the class."

"Oh...okay," I looked back at my poem,"It's entitled Must. Must life has it's endings, must life has it's beginnings. Most would say yes, but must we listen to most?" I looked up,"That's it."

"Good job, now let's analyze Nailah's poem class, firstly what do you think she means by must?"

A girl with black hair and green highlights raised her hand,"I believe Nailah means that do things have to be set in stone."

"Yeah," another girl added,"I think she's trying to say something about rebelling..."she trailed off.

"No," I replied,"What I'm trying to convey in this poem is that must, that should we as human beings be subjected to must? Maybe life dosen't begin or end with a certain event or place, it just continues to play on and on. Just because the majority of people go against something dosen't mean that you as an individual should. Because mutants are looked down upon must we..."I shut myself up before I could finish.

"Must we what?" Mr. Delagore stepped from behind his desk, leaned on it and crossed his ankles.

A bleach blonde girl spoke up,"Mutants are disgusting, nasty creatures that are unnatural so we must kill them to protect ourselves."

"Correct Miss Talancy, we must as a community bring down these mutants. So Miss Riccardi must should sometimes not be questioned for example, if a person is bleeding on the side of the road it is only right that you must help."

"That's not what I mean by must Mr. Delagore,"I replied,"That is simply morale not a must. The must I'm trying to convey is must we go by the majority as today's society works now. Past society was a free place, people could make their own decisions. There was no pyramid society."

"Ah but past society was more corrupt, people were flaunting around doing inhuman things. The overseers did good by controlling us and rallying us against the mutants."

"So the order of the overseers is better? The chaos in past society allowed creativity to grow, remarkable things were happening then it came to a stop and the overseers's plan what and how we do and progress in society."

"That's enough Miss Riccardi, your ideas are very radical and I wouldn't like to send you away for that, now anyone else? Ah yes Miss Talancy?"

I sat back in my seat deflated. Because my ideas were outside the box I would get punished for that. Society was so mindless now, they only listened to what the overseers told them and never questioned anything. It wasn't right.

English ended soon after and Mr. Delagore asked me to stay. I gathered my things and he closed the door and looked over to me.

"Miss Riccardi, I know you're a bright young lady and you have things going for you but maybe it's best you keep some ideas to yourself. After all your father is apart of the overseers and it's a must, a definite must, that we should allow them to help us along as a species."

"I understand," I nodded my head but disagreed with him completely.

"Okay now get on to your next class."

I left English to head off to math through the busy hallways of girls and passed by Yina,"How was the test?" I stepped in front of her.

"It was so hard! I think I failed, I hope you studied."

I pouted,"I hate school," I waved bye to her and soon entered my math class.

I sat in my desk and put down my bag. Mrs. Fare was passing out the tests and pencils already. When I recieved mine I bit my lip. It all seemed so confusing.

Xander?

What?

I need so much help! I relayed images of the test in my mind to him and he quickly figured out the answers. The only really good thing about him was that he was extremely smart. I don't know how but he was.

I went through the whole test with his help, figuring out some on my own of course. This was one of the great things about being a Calidisi. I could easily cheat and no one would even know. Though the only thing I really needed help on was math which Xander was a wiz at.

Thank you so, so much! I grabbed my now finished test and walked towards my teacher's desk. I placed it on the small pile of already finished tests and went back to my desk quietly.

No problemo, babe.

Don't call me babe. So...have you met up with Mara yet?

Nope, I'm trying to sleep in until you bothered me, babe.

Oh sorry I came to school and you didn't and stop with the babe.

Yeah, sorry you're a nerd and I'm not, babe.

Call me babe again and see what happens. Also I'm not a nerd! I just cheated on a test didn't I? That's not a very nerd-like thing to do.

Nerd, babe!

Ergh! You are just so freaking frustrating! I'm changing the subject! So you going to the Stinguo dance?

Yup, I'm going to ask Mara.

Oh.

Why don't you like her? She's not a bad person.

She's just fake and everything I go against.

Maybe you should stop going against things so much.

What are you trying to say? You know they can't be treating mutants like that!

I know but don't make it so obvious that you don't like their treatment. Don't try to get caught, is all I'm saying.

Their treatment? It's our treatment, we're just like them! They get hurt, it hurts me because I could've been that unlucky mutant.

But you weren't and you won't be, so stop.

The bell rang and I gathered up my things again. Bye.

It hurt that he didn't feel the same way I did as he was a mutant himself, but I couldn't do much about it. I couldn't force my ideas on him even if he had listened to every last bit of every one because of our mind connection. I went through the rest of the school day without any more contact with Xander.

The sound of the ringing bell, ending the school day, allowed a frenzy of fast girls rushing out of Mevel Academy. I walked through the halls as girls quickly pushed by me. I was daydreaming again, just about life in the grounds of the mutated landscapes. Xander took me there one time when he discovered it. It was beautiful.

"Move out of my way!" A girl shoved me and kept on walking.

I rolled my eyes at her and mentally assasinated her.

Damn Nai! Control your anger!

I smiled to myself as I opened my locker. It was good to hear from him, I always felt kind of lonely when we didn't speak to each other.

Haha, she shoved me! It was just my imagination getting out of control anyways.

You're hot when you're mad! You just have this dark look that's damn!

Shut up, loverboy!

The only loving going on here is the deep, passionate desire you have for me!

This again! I rolled my eyes and put my last book in my locker.

"Hey Nailah!" Yina called out to me.

Yina's calling, talk to you later loverboy!

"Hey," I waved to her and shut my locker door.

"So I went outside, earlier than usual because you know how Thias likes to leave early?" she paused.

I nodded my head.

"Okay well I'm out there fixing my things in my bag and I look up and guess who's coming straight towards me?"

"Thi..."I was cut off.

"Thias, yes! Well the nervous person I am, I awkwardly said hi and shaked his hand, so embarrasing, but he so sweetly asked me to the Stinguo dance! He didn't want to really ask tomorrow when all the boys come to our school to ask the girls. He said he was a little shy about everyone watching but I really think it's because he wanted first dibs on me," she was so giddy,"Can you believe it! He wanted first dibs on me!"

"Well he said he was shy..."I trailed off as Yina cut me off again.

"Yeah I know but I think he wanted to ask me before anyone else!" she was beaming with excitement and love.

I smiled and decided not to burst her bubble,"You're probably right." We started to walk out of school. Yina waved bye to me as she skipped over to the dark blue car waiting for her.

I walked over to the sleek, black hover car waiting for me and slid into the leather seats as the driver held the door open for me. My sleek bag fell from my smooth shoulder as I settled it onto the seat. It was a smooth ride home.

I quickly let myself out of the car and started walking up the huge steps of the mansion. I walked through the huge doors and took off my uniform jacket. I put it up on the coat rack and started to head up one of the large staircases.

"Hold on Nailah!" Evie called out to me.

I stopped and looked back down to the end of the stair case to see her standing there,"I thought you and Damon left last night?"

"Yes, but my friend, Stai was talking about shopping with her little sister for the Stinguo dance. How come you didn't tell me about it? It's in a week for goodness sakes!" she threw her hands up in the air.

"I haven't been asked yet. The boys aren't coming over until tomorrow to ask us girls."

"Asked or not were going to the dress store today, missy! It's your senior year and you will live it up to its fullest," she put a hand on her hip,"Get ready to leave in ten minutes."

I groaned,"Fine!" I walked up to my room quickly. I went into my closet and pulled on some form fitting jeans and a grey v-neck. I took off my shoes and slipped on some cute sandals and quickly brushed out my hair.

I knew that Evie would be watching her watch, so I rushed out of my room and down the stairs where she was waiting at the table inbetween the two large staircases, impatiently tapping her foot.

"Finally! Let's get going," she dragged me outside to the sleek black hover car.

The driver opened the door for us and we slid in gracefully. The Riccardi girls are known for being graceful, beautiful women yet we were also known for the fire in us.

"Where are we going?" I asked as the car took off.

"We're going to Daliu Boutique."

"It's stuffy there," I said annoyed.

"Don't start up Nailah, it'll be fun!" she patted my head.

I looked out my window as we quickly passed by the streets. It was all such a blur since we've converted to hover cars, which more quickly transported us places.

We quickly came to a smooth stop in front of the lovely decorated boutique. The driver opened up our door and I slid back out of the car.

Evie's long stylish black cardigan flew out from behind her as the wind blew and her straight hair flew beautifully. My long wavy dark hair flew delicately and I headed into the boutique behind my sister.

"Ah hello, hello!" A middle aged woman came up to us,"Welcome to Daliu Boutique Mrs. Trius and Miss Riccardi. Please, please have a seat," she led us to some white cushioned seats.

"I'm Uva, and what help would you need today?"

"Well," Evie started,"My sister would like a dress for her Stinguo dance."

"Ah a dance, well Miss Riccardi what would you like?" she looked to me with her big bug eyes.

I relayed her image in my mind to Xander.

"Um I don't mind, anything is fine."

Then Xander's burst of laughing made me jump.

"You okay?" Evie asked.

"Yeah, fine just the shivers," I sheepishly said.

Will you quiet it down! I know it's funny!

Oh that's more than funny! That's like your face when you realized I was watching you this morning!

He showed me my completely idiotic, very surprised and embarrased face.

Shut up! You caught me by surprise! I don't look that bad!

"Okay then, well I have much selection for you darling. I'll show you some, yeah?" she dimmed the lights and projected on the screen was a dress.

It was as ugly as can be. Frills upon frills and Evie knew it too.

"Yes well that's very um nice," she started,"Could we possible get something more for her age?"

"Ah yes!" the sales lady scanned the pad in her hand with her big beady eyes,"Here we go."

Projected on the screen was another dress.

"What do you think Nailah?" Evie asked.

"It's okay," the plain green dress was pretty but not exactly what I wanted.

Uva scrolled through a few more dresses, all which weren't that awe striking but I chose some to try on. I tend to get picky when it comes to clothes. I like the casual laid back attire but I have a sweet tooth, I guess you could say, for some extravagant things that make my jaw drop.

"Okay how about we try on some of the dresses you chose so far?" Evie suggested seeing as nothing was going anywhere.

"Oh yes, yes!" Uva exlaimed,"follow me."

We ended up at the white blue trimmed fitting rooms where the dresses were already waiting for me. I walked into the cozy fitting room, closing the door behind me, and grabbed a dress to try on. I stripped off my clothes and slid the slick blue dress on me. I scanned myself in the mirror and turned around to look at my butt.

"Ew," I mumbled to myself and took off the dress quickly. I checked my mind block and it was still in place. I got into the habit of blocking Xander whenever I needed to change or shower or anything that involved me stripping down.

"How's it going in there?" Uva asked.

"Fine," I replied grabbing another dress.

I put it on and didn't really like it.

"Uva?" I heard Evie say on the other side of the door.

"Yes? Uva replied to her.

"Do you mind if I look at that little computer pad of yours?" Evie asked,"You wouldn't mind, would you? Oh thank you!"

I shrugged the dress off of me and put on another one.

Then Evie's exclamation startled me,"Aha! This is it! This is the one!"

I opened my fitting room door,"What is?" I asked looking at Evie who was gazing at the pad.

"I found the perfect dress for you! Uva would you please get this in her size?" Evie pointed to the dress on the pad.

"What kind of dress is it?" I asked after Uva left to retrieve the dress.

"You'll see," Evie gave me a smirk.

I eyed her for a moment then waited for Uva to come back.

Uva soon came back with the dress in her hands. My long fingers grabbed hold of the silk wrapped hanger it was on and I eyed the dress

"Well do you like it?" Evie asked impatient.

"Uhm," I started,"don't you think it's a little um showy?" I eyed the short, tight black dress.

"No! You're young and single Nailah. You should try it on." she urged me into the fitting room.

I reluctantly went into the dressing room and stripped off the dress on me to put on the little black dress. It hugged my body perfectly and it played up the sexy part of me. I wasn't the one to show off my body like Mara but I knew I was hot in it. My curves showed up just right and my long lean legs looked great. Mara would so be jealous of me if she saw me in this.

"Why are you so bent on making her jealous Nai?" I spoke to myself in the mirror.

"Let me see it," Evie called out to me.

I walked out of the fitting room and displayed the form fitting dress to Evie and Uva.

"It's perfect!" Evie exclaimed.

Uva's eyes grew bigger,"How are you still single, Miss Riccardi?"

I began to blush,"I like it. But don't you think I'm showing too much of myself?"I asked pulling down the dress.

"You're absolutely gorgeous! You should dress more like this, the boys would fall for you like crazy," Evie laughed.

I bit my lip. "You know maybe it's too short?"

"Nailah, you look hot and I know you know it! Just wear it, for me?"

I looked at myself in the mirror again,"Fine but I still think I should wear somethiinig longer."

Evie clapped her hands,"Yes! You know that Mara girl will just hate you! You've always had problems with her and this is your chance to outshine her."

I laughed,"She will, won't she?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I just wanted to thank you all for reading Calidisi and I'm super super sorry that this chapter sucks!! Honestly I didn't know what to do with it but I feel like I need to post something up so here it is! I'm not happy with this but I guess for right now it's okay!

 Vote, comment, fan!!♥♥ I'll love you forever if you do!(:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

235 44 42
Sadah is hiding many secrets,thoughts and mysteris in her head.And fortunately she want's nothing to do with anyone except study and keeping her moth...
3.9M 158K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...
390K 12.1K 49
"You are mine now. Just remember one thing nobody gets the privilege of bringing that smile on your face and touching you" he clenched his fsts and m...
1.4K 48 50
Every time night falls, the city always lights up the dark streets with lively city lights. The usual boring life that we were always live in, wonder...