The Elites

By -effervescence_

After flying overseas to enroll in a prestigious boarding school, Blake Graham assumes that she can finally c... More

0.0
cast & aesthetics
prologue
(1) number two
(2) chocolat chaud
(3) brûler
(4) homecoming
(5) convergence
(7) fête
(8) remède
(9) parisian afternoons
(10) blonde boys
(11) doodles
(12) reine
(13) garçons
(14) étudier
(15) dream
(16) when in rome
(17) la via veneziana
(18) grand canal
(19) fountain
(20) new york, new york
(21) lise
(22) the plaza
(23) breakfast in brooklyn
(24) cars & jets
(25) dance
(26) three
(27) debut
(28) premier amour
(29) ellington
(30) blâmer
(31) three days
(32) the morning of
(33) premier rendez-vous
(34) great escape
(35) jouer
(36) piscine
(37) reprimand
(38) contracts & costumes
(39) fin de la lune
(40) sunroom
(41) london
christmas tweets
(42) lumières de londres
(43) an ellington affair
(44) polo
(44.5) merry birthgiving
(45) ciel de nuit
(46) days of january
(47) idiocy & injuries
(48) poison ivy
(49) semaine de la mode
(50) vérité
(51) bon anniversaire
spring grams
(52) kairosclerosis
(53) robes & regret
(54) liberosis
epilogue
final note

(6) cavalier

43.4K 1.2K 1.2K
By -effervescence_

Clarks Point of View

The two movies we had chosen to watch, like five hours ago, had just ended.

"What a cliffhanger," remarked Kota, who was sitting comfortably, with Graham lying against him.

"Oh shit, is Blake asleep?" Luca looked at the girl who was indeed, asleep.

"You guys didn't notice? She fell asleep within the first ten minutes," Kota stood up, gently laying Grahams head on a pillow. The boy may be a stereotypical playboy, but he was also a through and through nice guy.

"Seems like she can't hang with the big boys," I snorted

"Shove off Clark, she's jet lagged." Nico spoke up.

"So is Kota. Wait why aren't you passed out?"

"I might've gotten two double shots from the coffee shop in town, and drank them..."

"Are you fucking kidding me?"

"Not really. I went down there, the hot Swiss barista was all nice, and offered me an extra for free! Obviously you don't refuse free stuff!"

Sometimes it's really easy to overlook Kota's humble beginnings. Unlike us, who were born with a silver spoon in our mouths, Kota was born to a middle class family in California. As he hit his teenage years, scouts began to realize the boys potential, and soon enough he was signed to numerous agencies, flying across the globe making millions. Although Kota has a large amount of wealth, he still is weary of money and doesn't overspend, hence always accepting free stuff.

"You could've saved the extra drink!"

"But I was so tired!"

"You're going to be bouncing off the walls..." I trailed off, wearily thinking about how his dorm is right across from mine.

"You got that right bubba, I really had to control myself from shaking so I wouldn't wake up dearest Blake," Kota grinned

The girl was knocked out. I mean I could easily dye her hair if I wanted to, and she wouldn't even notice. "What do we do with her?"

"Well does anyone know her dorm number?" Nico spoke up

"Nope," Luca sighed

"I just met her," Kota shrugged

"Clark?" Nico looked at me expectantly.

"...Yes. But I--"

"It's settled!" Nico whooped loudly

"Have fun Clark, remember. Be nice." Dakota smirked at me

Even brooding Luca grinned at me. So I listened and went over to the sleeping girl. She really was a raging bitch when awake but when asleep, she looked like an angel. As in innocent. Not beautiful.

I picked her up, carrying her fireman style. "Can someone at least get the door for me?" I groaned.

Soon Luca opened the door, giving way to the pitch black mass around me. I sighed, then began my trek to the girls dormitory.

Walking was quite peaceful. Blake was surprisingly light, and smelled really good. Kind of like coconuts. Her face was void of any frowns or scowls. How could she be the girl almost everyone feared? There was nothing scary about her. Unless, of course, when she's angry. She becomes Satan when angry. I know I've been on the receiving end of her anger too many times to count. I was two minutes away from the girls dormitory, when Graham finally began to stir.

"...Park?"

When she said that my heart jumped. Park. She thought I was him. That was another clue. She always tried to end any conversation that had to do with him. I remember as a kid she would always gaze, doe eyed, at him. Thinking about them brought a strange tug to my heart. Ugh, probably disgust.

"No, It's Clark."

"Why are you carrying me?"

"You passed out in the beginning of the movie. It's ten now." She shifted a bit in my arms.

"Oh. Well you can put me down now, I'm awake." I immediately complied to her request. My arms were starting to hurt a bit.

"So... how long was I out for?" She broke the silence.

"According to Dakota, five-ish hours."

"Damn, that's why I'm not tired anymore."

"Probably," I mumbled, looking to the side of the courtyard.

We went back to silence, until Blake approached the door to the girls dormitory.

"Well thanks for uhm... walking me? And like carrying me halfway," She tucked some hair behind her ear, while addressing me.

"Yeah, you're welcome. Don't expect this good deed to expand, I still hate you." God. I am such an arsehole.

"Yeah don't worry about it Clarkwell, I hate you too," She grinned, turning around to enter the dorm hall.

"I hate you" was what went through my head as I watched the girl enter the hall.

Many various things in life frustrate me. Like long lines or people who chew with their mouths open. But what I hated most was not getting enough sleep. And currently, two things were preventing me from falling asleep. One was a hyperactive Dakota Spaulding running around my dorm and two was a bombardment of thoughts relating to the one and only Blake Graham.

"Dude stop running!" I yelled at Kota who barely missed knocking down my bookshelf filled with various trinkets.

"Dude I don't do too well with caffeine," he groaned sitting down opposite of me on the couch.

"You're an idiot for drinking those two coffees. You could've saved me the other one you arse, I would've needed it to tolerate Blake. Ugh she gives me a headache," I shut my eyes rubbing my forehead.

"What's got you so wound up Clark? Are you a bit sexually frustrated due to a certain Blue eyed Brunette?"

"As if! Remember I hate her?"

"Sure. I don't think anyone could genuinely hate her. Dude have you seen her legs? I mean I don't have a thing for her but dam— Ow! What the fuck Clark!" Kota yelped after I threw a pillow at his obnoxious face.

"Stop! Blake Graham could never be hot to me! You don't get it but we genuinely hate eachother. Ever since we first met when we were younger till now and forever, I'll feel nothing but hate."

Okay so I lied when I said that. I do find Blake hot. I mean Kota was right for once. No one with eyes could say she wasn't beautiful. She was tall and confident. Her deep blue eyes always had a glint of danger in them and her light brown hair looked really soft. But I mean I would never touch it. Ever. She was naturally beautiful, and her smile was killer. But I mean ot for me, for Pa—

"Dude are you dreaming about Graham now?" Kota interrupted my thoughts.

"As if! Shut up Kota, you blinding Idiot," I rolled my eyes.

"Clark loves Blake!" Kota suddenly yelled.

"Shove off!"

"Sorry no can do," Kota grinned.

"You're such a bitch," I threw a second pillow at the blonde.

"You're such a bitch!" Kota switched again into a horrid high pitch British accent, trying to imitate me.

"You're accent sucks."

"It's hotter than your stupid accent!"

"You wish. Literally all the girls dig British accents." I switched my accent to a normal American accent to imitate Dakota.

"Woah that's pretty awesome. I sometimes forget how American you really are."

"I sometimes forget how stupid you are you dumb prick."

"Hey now, let's not name call." Dakota rolled his eyes.

"Dude just go to sleep I'm exhausted," I suddenly groaned thinking about how we have class tomorrow.

"Yeah I should get to sleep, I gotta actually go to class tomorrow or else Ma will serve my ass on a platter. Wait are you going to the villa party tomorrow?"

"Depends..."

"Pleeease! I need you as my wingman, Nico is a terrible wingman!"

I chuckled. "I'll be sure to tell him that."

"What I mean is that I have an eighty-four percent success rate, whereas with Nico I have a thirty-seven. Damn him and his good boy charm." The model whined.

"Fine I'll go. Just let me sleep, please," I pleaded to him.

"Hmmm," he tapped his chin. "Okay, see you tomorrow... Oh, and wear something sexy," he winked at me before sauntering away.

I can't believe I missed that bastard.

Whenever my dad asks me about school, I always give the same answer. School is school. I don't love it, but I don't hate it. What made today somewhat bearable was the thought that in seven hours I would be shit faced.

It was currently lunch time, and we were up to our usual antics. Kota was talking about his latest shoot, Luca was doing his homework last minute, and Nico was looking around the Cafeteria for something. I went back to looking at my phone, scrolling through social media, and responding to some texts from my older sister. Some noise brought me back to reality, where Nico was waving over Blake and her friend Sarah.

Sarah seemed tolerable, she was in my Biology and Literature class. She was pretty reserved but also at the apparent top of the food chain next to Blake.

"Nico, what the fuck are you doing?" I hissed at him

"What do you think? I'm inviting them to sit with us!"

"They have somewhere to sit. They sit with Lillian and company," I argued

"So? I'm trying to be nice!"

"I honestly don't mind. Sarah's pretty cute." Dakota smirked

"Off limits dude." Luca monotonously said, "She doesn't date."

"Damn. What about Lillian? Do any of us have a thing with her?" Kota raised his eyebrows towards the dark haired girl.

"Nah I hung out with Daisy Farrington but that was like once." Nico waved off

"Yeah but I'm allowed to try Lillian?"

"I mean yeah," Luca spoke up, "If you would like getting pummeled by Dominic Addington, go for it."

"What? Since when?"

"While you were in Chicago."

"Damn that sucks. Guess I'll--"

"Hi boys," Graham cut off Kota's sentence. That immediately made all my idiot best friends perk up.

"Hey!"

"Hello!"

"Nice to see you"

"So what are we talking about?" She set her tray down, sitting across from me, while Sarah sat in between Graham and Luca.

"Oh we're just talking about who's going to be Kota's new conquest," Nico gestures towards Dakota.

"I see," Blake scrunched up her face "You're such guys. Anyways how was the--"

I immediately tuned out of the useless conversation, going back to surfing the internet. The whole atmosphere around me dissolved as I mindlessly scrolled through social media, stopping when I see an article that pops out to me. " Jasper Ellington Primes Teenage Son To Take Over Nationwide Law Firm " The unbelievable headline stated.

He's kidding. He couldn't have done this. My mother said that he wouldn't do this. She said I still had time to change his mind. Without a second thought, I opened the article link, and scanned the summary of the article. "Jasper Ellington has confirmed that within the decade his eldest son, Clark Reese Ellington, will take over the Law Empire, Ellington & Winslow. Ellington has provided a statement stating 'My son will be ready to take over the empire by the end of this decade. He is getting a fine education receiving top marks, and will continue on with University. Then graduating, he will complete 2 years under my supervision, after the 2 years are up, he will be given the title of CEO. I believe my son can in fact do it, and he himself is greatly interested in law.' The current CEO is setting huge goals for the current sixteen year old who has just begun his junior year attending the prestigious boarding school, Cambridge Preparatory Academy. The young man isn't new to headlines, but more on the gossip side. Like the young Prince Harry, this little heir has a rebellious streak. This seems to raise the question, 'Will Clark Ellington be mature enough to handle the CEO position of one of the largest law firms in the world?"

The article brought fuming, hot anger into my chest. I didn't want to be CEO. I didn't want to work under my father for 2 years. For fucks sake I don't even like law! My father assumed that since I'm his eldest son I immediately want to take over for him. And no, I'm not fit for the title. I'm only sixteen and I'm getting this shit thrown at me! I thought the 'rebellion' would make my father hesitate, but it just made him more firm on this stupid idea. I wasn't even the eldest child, but my father chose to be sexist and choose me, when Finley is nineteen and majoring in pre-law! All I saw was red, and I needed to get out of here right away.

"--See you at eight then?" Blake's voice was what greeted me when I got back down to Earth.

I immediately stood up, creating a loud noise, and proceeded to storm out the cafeteria. I was so sick of this shit. I briskly walked back to my dorm, and once I arrived, I slammed the door shut. Then took my phone out of my pocket once again to dial a number. 

"Hello? This is Clark Ellington, I'm not going to be attending the rest of my classes." And with that statement given to the attendance office, I turned it off and threw it onto my bed.

I really fucking need that drink.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

188K 4.8K 37
"𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙨𝙣'𝙩 𝙗𝙤𝙧𝙣 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙨𝙤𝙛𝙩 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙦𝙪𝙞𝙚𝙩, 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙗𝙤𝙧𝙣 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙡𝙙 𝙨𝙝𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧." In spite of how...
1.4M 48.6K 34
Thrown in at the deep-end when she gets a scholarship to an elite ballet Academy, Carly's only saving grace is her handsome personal tutor, Mr. Langl...
139K 2.5K 13
Percy goes back to Goode High School and faces his old friends questions of why he disappears last year. Piper gives high school another shot. Her d...
1.2K 27 9
𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄 | ❛ There's a fine line between love and hate darling. ❜ in which a pair of high school nemeses's paths cross once again as they ar...