Long Sleeves are my Friend [C...

By couch_x_potato

Emilia Stone is a Junior in high school who is just trying to get through her year. She struggles with her da... More

Prologue ✔
Chapter 1 ✔
Chapter 2 ✔
Chapter 3 ✔
Chapter 4 ✔
Chapter 5 ✔
Chapter 6 ✔
Chapter 7 ✔
Chapter 8 ✔
Chapter 9 ✔
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
NEW BOOK
Hey Everyone!

Chapter 30

55.6K 1.8K 939
By couch_x_potato

I wake up to the sound of knocking on my door. I rub the sleep from my eye and groan my face feeling achy from crying last night.

"Come in," I say my voice sounds scratchy. The door slowly opens and Grandma steps in giving me a small smile.

"Oh honey, are you not feeling well?" She asks gently resting the back of her hand on my forehead.

"Yeah. My head kinda hurts and I feel tired," I say honestly.

"Okay sweetie, I'll let you rest. I have to go out with Amanda so if you need anything just call Xander," she says. I tense slightly and don't think she notices. I really don't want to see him right now. I don't think I could face him.

"Okay," I say, laying back down.

"I'll be back soon," she smiles before leaving the room.

I hear her retreating footsteps then the front door shut. I push the blanket aside and sit up from the bed. I stretch my back, raising my arms above my head hearing the satisfying crack before slouching. I just sit there for a moment not really wanting to get up. A long sigh escapes my lips before I get up and head to the restroom. I do my business and then walk down the hall towards the kitchen.

I enter the kitchen and grab a glass of water. I fill it up and chug it down to relieve my scratchy throat. I finish off the glass and let out a deep breathe and fill the cup again heading back to my room.

I enter my room and close the door behind me. I set the glass on the bedside table then lay back down in the bed cuddling up in the comforter. I just don't feel like doing anything today. I have days like this. Just feeling gloomy. Doesn't everyone? I sigh and try to fall back asleep.

I toss and turn for about a half an hour before I finally feel my eyelids grow heavy and soon fall asleep.

----

Tap...tap...tap

I groan as the sound of light tapping wakes me up. I slowly sit up looking around the room and glance at the clock on my nightstand. 9:30 p.m?! How long have I been asleep!?

I hear the repetitive sound of tapping and find the source of sound coming from the window. I instantly tense knowing it's probably Xander. I slowly step over to the window quickly opening the curtain to see a half-smiling Xander. I keep a blank face and crack my window.

"Yes?" I say trying not to sound upset but he gives me a confused look.

"Hey, whats wrong?"

"N-Nothing," I say lazily crossing my arms in defense. He raises his eyebrow.

"Did you need something?" I ask.

"Oh, Yeah. Can I talk to you?"

Does he finally want to tell me how he didn't like the date? Was he too scared to say it yesterday?

I let out a subtle sigh and nod my head making room for him to enter. He steps in not saying anything for a moment just shuffle from foot to foot making me more scared than before. I feel my heartbeat pick up slightly and a nauseous feeling washing over me. I don't know if I can hear this...

"Are you sure you're okay Emilia," He asks nervously.

"Y-Yes, I'm fine," I say stoically shifting on my feet slightly.

"A-Alright...uh...Emilia...I...," I hear him sigh before rubbing his forehead trying to speak.

"Just say it already!" I whisper-yell with irritation dripping from my tone.

"I'm tired of whatever facade you're playing!" I add, slowly distancing myself from him. He looks completely stunned by my outburst.

"Emilia? What are you talking about?" He asks with a confused look.

"You hate me? You probably don't want to see me anymore? I wasn't what you expected? You've probably finally realized that I'm a waste of your time? I don't want to be a charity case, Xander! I didn't want to drag you into my fucked up life and I don't know why you would ever want to stay around someone as messed up as me! So why don't you please, just leave!" I say raising my voice as I try to hold back my tears from spilling down my face.

Xander gives me a sorrowful look and starts shaking his head.

"Emilia? Oh no...no," he says in disbelief.

"None of that is true Emilia. No matter how much you didn't want to drag me into this, I'm apart of this now. We are in this together. I will never leave you or let you down like the other people have in your life. I don't know how many time I will have to tell you, Emilia. I will say it to you every day for the rest of my life if I have to," He says slowly stepping towards me. I take slow steps away from him my back suddenly hitting the wall. He takes a final step until he's only centimeters away from me, his breath fanning over my lips. He looks into my eye intently neither of us breaking eye contact.

"I like you, Emilia," he slowly breathes out before crashing his lips to mine. I stand shocked for a moment before I feel myself kissing him back. He wraps his hands around my waist pulling me closer to him. I trail my hands up wrapping them around his neck. I can feel the passion flowing through the kiss. I feel a single tear fall down my face from the overwhelming feelings swirling inside my mind.

He pulls away resting his forehead against mine looking deeply into my eyes. They hold affection and adoration in them making a smile form on my lips.

"I-I was just too nervous to tell you...that...I like you, Emilia. I really like you," He murmurs.

"I-I'm so sorry. I-I just...I just don't know what to say, Xander," I say honestly. So many words running through my head but none forming coherent thoughts. I didn't think he really had feelings for me. I thought I was too hopeful so I just would imagine it. He backs away slightly letting go of my waist.

"Say you feel the same way? Tell me I'm not the only one feeling this way? Tell you like me too? Tell me anything to ease my mind," He says earnestly grabbing hold of my hands.

"I-I like you too Xander," I say looking into his eyes. I see a huge grin spread across his face.

"Will you be my girlfriend Emilia?" He asks.

"Yes," I whisper a smile forming on my face.

Xander connects his lips with mine again and I almost melt at how soft his lips feel against mine again. It feels perfect. He pulls me closer to him and I feel myself relax against him, my lips moving in sync with his. He slowly moves his hand up caressing my cheek with the pad of his thumb. I feel a small shiver run down my spine. He smirks against my lips pulling away and his eyes hold adoration in them.

"Emilia. I really care about you and would do anything to protect you. I really want you to believe that, if I have to say it a thousand more times, I will do it," He says pulling me closer to him as if I would disappear. I smile at him.

"Can you stay tonight?" I whisper in a hopeful tone.

"Yes," He whispers in my ear. I giggle as his breath tickles my ear.

We pull apart and I head over to the bed laying down getting comfortable. I scoot over, making room for Xander. I hear his belt buckle and freeze.

"W-What are you doing?" I ask my cheeks burning.

"I can't sleep in my jeans," he says in an almost duh tone while he lets out a low laugh.

"Don't worry though I'll keep my shirt on. I might overload you with my hotness," He says gesturing to himself.

"You wish," I say rolling my eyes. Xander playfully scoffs. He lays down in the bed wrapping his arms around my waist pulling me close to him. My back rests against his chest. 

"Goodnight Xander," 

"Goodnight Emilia," He says placing a soft kiss on my cheek. I snuggle closer and feel my eyes grow heavy and soon fall asleep.

----

I wake feeling warmth surround me and cuddle deeper pillow. I feel movement behind me and freeze. The memories then flood back and Xander staying the night. I shuffle lightly trying to get up without waking him up but before I can, he pulls me back against him and a soft giggle escapes my lips.

"Good morning," he mumbles in my ear causing his breath to fan my neck. I slight shiver runs down my spine.

"M-Morning," I breathe out. He chuckles pulling me closer to him. I look at the clock on my nightstand and see its 9:33 am. I start to sit up and Xander just pulls me back down again. I roll my eyes.

"I have to get up," I say with a chuckle.

"Not yet," he grumbles unpleasantly.

"Come on Xander," I whine trying to break free.

"It too early," he whines back. I stifle a laugh.

"Not a morning person?" I ask. He nods his head. I groan and try prying his arms off but quickly give up knowing he's stronger than me. I let out a breath and cross my arms with a pout etched on my face.

I hear him sigh.

"Alright," he mumbles reluctantly releasing me from his almost death-like hold on me. I sit up and stretch my arms hearing the satisfying pop sound of my back letting out a sigh.

I get up picking out some clothes from the closet before heading to the restroom. I use the bathroom and brush my teeth. I get dressed pulling on my jeans and maroon sweater then head back to my room.

I push open the door, enter my room and freeze at the sight in front of me. Xander in his boxers. Just his boxer. I let out a small squeal and put my hands over my eyes.

I hear Xander let out a laugh.

"I didn't know I was that ugly," He says jokingly.

"N-No, I-Its not t-that at all," I say with my hands still covering my eyes.

"Why don't you have a shirt on?" I whisper.

"Because it was hot last night," he says. I feel my cheeks heat up.

I jolted a little when I feel his hands grab hold of my wrist removing them from over my eye to see him fully clothed.

He starts to lean in to give me a kiss but I turn my head so he kisses my cheek. I turn my head back facing him to see him pouting.

"Morning breath," Is all I say while stifling a laugh. He rolls his eyes.

I jump slightly when I hear the door open. I push Xander off making him almost tumble to the floor. I give him an apologetic look.

"Oh, my," my grandma says trying to hide the smile gradually forming on her face. I feel my face heat up at what she could possibly be thinking.

"I-It's not what it looks like," I say.

"Oh I don't care, honey, I trust you. I was a teenager once too you know," She says giving a sideways glance. 

She shakes her head before a serious expression suddenly crosses her face.

"Whats wrong?" I ask confused at the sudden change of atmosphere. She waits a moment before speaking.

"Your mother is here," she says. My eyes widened in complete shock.

"M-My mother?"

~~~~

Hello again everyone! I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Thank you guys for 64,700 reads! It's really awesome! Also, I enjoy reading your guys comments and seeing the votes on my story! Hope you enjoy the rest of your day!

Until next time,

Ba-Bye :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

950K 24.3K 24
⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ I was really inexperienced when I wrote this and quite dramatic. I understand that this book may not be everyone's favorite (even I cri...
243 11 11
Azaria has transformed over the summer. She is no longer that shy and timid girl but is now confident in her identity. She is 18, and it is senior ye...
116 0 16
***Trigger warning*** this will cover some sensitive topics, that may be triggering to some readers, I ask that if you are triggered by mentions of S...
52 6 3
WARNING! THIS BOOK CONTAINS STRONG SEXUAL CONTENT AND INTENSE VIOLENCE! READ IT AT YOUR OWN RISK! Emilia Andrews always spent a lot of time working o...