Beautiful Butterfly (Boruto :...

By rozeina

Shinki is quiet, she never knows what he's really thinking. Mitsuki is mysterious, she never knows what he c... More

Flower
Potato chips
A feeling
A lady like me
Weakness
The three words
It couldn't be clearer
Shy Boy
My prey
I love you
Rivals
Friends
More than friends
Like a contract
Love confession

Dodgeball

1.9K 55 27
By rozeina

I should have never told him

Shinki was regretting everything about his late-night confession to his uncle. Right before they left the house, Kankuro gave him a thumbs up and wished him good luck in front of everyone with a mischievous look.

So embarrassing.

He had to ignore him, and the curious look of his siblings as well. It made him even more irritable than usual. Shikadai said that they were going to the park "chilling" with his teammates today as well. So she was going to be there again...

He had to clarified his thoughts before they arrive there. He closed his eyes and crossed his arms while walking. He took Yodo apart for a moment.

He threatened her with his eyes.

- Did you hear what I told uncle Kankuro yesterday?

- No, I...

His gaze became more piercing. He was becoming scary, Yodo stopped talking. The subject seems too sensible and Shinki too smart for her to even try denying. She finally nodded up and down. He knew it, Shikadai and Araya tried to spy on him, so why not Yodo. Unlike them, she was more refined. He frowned even more but kept calm.

- Don't get involved, Yodo.

- I won't... but I want to help you, Shinki.

- If you really want to help me, don't get involved.

He repeated the same words again for her to get it already. She sighed and agreed. He knew she had good intention, he was aware of his recent behaviour, and even him didn't understand it. They were just worrying for him, he knew that but he wanted to keep that issue for himself until he could resolve it.

- I won't dishonour father. I'll do anything to be the greatest Shinobi for him to be proud of.

He knew who he was. All the things he's been through. All his training. He always had control of his emotions in any circumstance, this was even his way of playing his opponent who couldn't do the same when he provoked them during a fight. He was seen as the great hope of Suna.

He wasn't just anyone.

His name was Shinki!

It was not the arrival of girl, weaker than him that would change anything about that !

- Good morning guys!  

A broad scintillating grin, smooth and silky orange hair and a cheerful feminine voice. Chocho akimichi arrived in front of him like a flying butterfly. A beautiful one freely flapping her wings.

He just felt his heartbeat denying all the things he previously thought. Her presence enlightened the area and hogged all of his attention. He was ashamed for caving in that fast.

- Hey guys.

Inojin and Sarada followed with less energy behind Chocho.

- Oh, you came too Sarada ? noticed Shikadai.

- Yeah, Chocho invited me.

- So what are we going to do today? asked Inojin. It's a great time to draw the landscape.

The sun was shining, and a luminous blue sky helped decorate the town. The park was vast, dotted by different people, families, couples, and kids, everyone seemed happy doing their own activities.

- Not everyone has your talent Blondie.

- Do you have anything better to propose Fatty ?

- Let's just go sleep on the grass first then we'll figure it out...

Honestly Shikadai had no idea what to do as an activity. Laying on the grass and watching the clouds was one of his favourite tho.

- Is that all we are going to do ? That's not really fun. Fine ! I'll take time to read my book then.

- Reading... How boring... Said Inojin.

They all sighed. Guess they were really going to spent time doing nothing together. Fine, Chocho approached the sand siblings, they will probably talk more today, let's learn new things on them.

- Let's play dodgeball.

- Huh ?

It was Mitsuki. They all lifted their head up. He was sitting upside down on a three.

- What are you doing there Mitsuki ?!

- Having fresh air.

- You followed us ! angrily said Chocho.

- Not at all. We were just passing by. Said Boruto after appearing next to Mitsuki.

- Huh ?! Boruto !?

They all stared at those two marrons.

- Fine, but we don't have a ball.

- I can do something about that.

Inojin pulled out his brush, and his parchment, he made the sign of his favourite Jutsu and drew a red ball. The object took shape instantly.

- Let's do the teams !

Boruto was the most excited. Sarada sighed.

- I'm still going to read my book, I'll watch you guys play.

- I'll do the referee.

Yodo smile at them, she didn't want to run wild everywhere, just listening to her music and watch the sky.

- Huh... I'm out as well.

Chocho didn't want to be the only girl playing among all those boys, and running with no reason was definitively not her thing.

- Alright! Two teams of three person! Mitsuki is with me!

- Boruto, no! Mitsuki must be good at this game with his stretching ability! That's not fair!

- Ok, guys, let's play rock paper scissor to decide the teams. Said Shikadai.

Boruto sulked but agreed, he didn't have a choice anyway. The first team was composed of Shinki, Inojin and Araya. The second of Mitsuki, Shikadai and Boruto.

- Heheh ! Mitsuki is still with us ! proudly said the Uzumaki.

- It doesn't matter. You guys are going to miserably lose.

Shinki was up again with his bad attitude coming back after all this time. That was the effects of the coming competition. His iron sand started to simmer, and his eyes to be sharper.

They remembered who they got in front of them as an opponent. How to touch him with this iron barrier? Even tho it was just a game, that seemed impossible... Boruto and Shikadai seemed less excited all of sudden.

Yodo burst into a laughter. Those boys were hilarious.

- I'm the referee. No jutsu, no power, no ability for this game guys. You boys are only kids, what about playing like normal ones?

- Did she really insinuate that we were just kids? noticed Shikadai while pulling a face.

She thought she was an adult or something? Whatever. That decision was at their advantage, he could not deny it. Shinki would have gave them a hard time otherwise. Plus...

He and Boruto looked at each other. That guy Shinki was always relying on his iron sand, and had a big mouth because of it, but what now that he could only rely on his physical strength? They smiled mischievously.

- Yess, let's do that!

They stared at shinki. He sighed.

- It won't change anything. I will defeat you.

Shinki made disappear his iron sand, and they all could see him now in his Sunagakure brown and marron uniform. He was standing in front of his opponent proud like a soldier.

Shikadai and Boruto doubted. Isn't he supposed to be afraid now that he doesn't have his iron sand anymore? They looked at Mitsuki trying to see his impression as well. The blue haired boy had his usual smile on his face.

- I think that it's going to be fun.

Orochimaru's son laughed. Shikadai and Boruto sighed.

- We don't have to worry. As long as we have fun.

Mitsuki proposed that game only because he saw Chocho approaching the sand siblings. It was the first thing coming to his mind. He didn't want her to be close to him. He just didn't like that thought. 

He didn't know why it came instinctively to him, but good that now they were not close to each other. And it seemed like the game was going to be interesting.

The girls were watching the boys starting their game. They saw Shinki removing his Iron sand as well.

- Wow. He's so manly like that!

- Is that all you can think about Chocho...

Sarada laughed. Chocho put a finger on her lips and smirked.

- It's true tho... Now I wouldn't mind playing with them...

- Please, stop Chocho, ahah.

The two best friends were laughing together. Yodo stared at Chocho for a moment after what she said.

- Hey guys !

The blond girl had a smile on her face.

- One last thing.

They all turned and looked at the referee.

- The winner will get a kiss from those ladies.

She smiled and pointed the two girls.

Sarada dropped her book, and Chocho blushed.

- Heeehhh ??!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.1K 1.7K 45
this is actually the sequel of my first novel Borusara: should I? so I may not go in details How cute he was when pleading for her care... not that I...
67.6K 1.6K 25
COMPLETED Naruto and sasuke basically don't like each other. But when their new assignment makes them travel further than ever before, gay panic hun...
141K 2.8K 30
Her life is a mystery. ⚠ The first chapters are so bad and cliché but I promise this book is decent ;) + I started to write it when I was like 11 so...
601 40 10
TITLE CHANGED FROM-THE DREAM TO IN ANOTHER LIFE!!!!! Ignorance is known to be a key to humbleness and what not. But what if it causes pain to one. B...