Nor (Wattpad Featured Story...

By Lyana_S

In a city of gangs and corrupt cops, no one is safe, not even the daughter of powerful Dan Sullivan. As dange... More

Chapter 1: Death of a Violin
Chapter 2: Something About School
Chapter 3: The English Essay
Chapter 4: Dinner Disaster
Chapter 5: Girl Gang
Chapter 6: Incriminating Images
Chapter 7: Fire and Glass
Chapter 8: Monday Blues
Chapter 9: Mother and Maggie
Chapter 10: In The Dark
Chapter 11: Visitor
Chapter 12: Warning
Chapter 13: The Table Thieves
Chapter 14: Party Favors
Chapter 15: First Boy
Chapter 16: What's In A Number?
Chapter 17: Three's A Crowd
Chapter 18: Morning After
Chapter 19: Report
Chapter 20: Night Out
Chapter 21: A Chat
Chapter 22: My Sweet Distraction
Chapter 23: The Snatch
Chapter 24: Surprise
Chapter 25: Aftereffects
Chapter 26: Back to School
Chapter 27: Bits and Pieces
Chapter 28: Shock
Chapter 29: Houseguest
Chapter 30: Takeover
Chapter 31: Street Fight
Chapter 32: The Word Is Out
Chapter 33: Break
Chapter 34: Others
Chapter 35: Drive-By
Chapter 36: The Offer
Chapter 37: A Little List
Chapter 38: Bedtime Stories
Chapter 39: The Girls
Chapter 40: Decline
Chapter 41: Up To No Good
Chapter 42: Safehouse
Chapter 43: Contact
Chapter 44: Red-Hot Hate
Chapter 45: Snitch
Chapter 46: Proposal
Chapter 47: Plan
Chapter 48: Change Of Heart
Chapter 49: The Gun
Chapter 50: Manipulation
Chapter 52: Friend or Foe?
Chapter 53: Blood Is Thicker Than Water

Chapter 51: Reveal

9.4K 429 103
By Lyana_S

After the murder weapon is found in his backyard, Cole Barker's taken away to be tried. Pia, Brian and I celebrate at Artie's, staying out the night, and when I get home, I find someone waiting for me. It's not Maggie, but Wes.

"Hey," he greets me, as I shut the front door. "Did you hear that they caught the guy who killed Gerringer? It wasn't your friend. It was this other kid."

"Yeah, I heard. Was it on the news?"

"No, Maggie told me."

"Really?" I look around. "Where is she?"

"She said she was tired, so she already turned in. She just got back from somewhere too."

"Kind of late."

"She does that sometimes, when she wants to meet the girls."

The girls. I shrug out of my coat, crossing to my bedroom and turning on the lights. As I knew he would, Wes trails me like a puppy. I can't help noticing that he shuts the door gently behind him. "So did you have anything to do with this?" he asks me.

"No."

"Come on, Nor. You can do better than that."

I sit on the bed, shrugging. "I don't like to lie to you, Wes. If I hold something back, it's probably for good reason."

"OK. Just tell me something. Why this Barker kid?"

"He deserves it."

"He does?"

"From a certain perspective, yes."

He frowns at this, but decides to let it go. His gaze relaxes slowly, warming. "When I met you," he murmurs. "You were, what, twelve? Thirteen? And now you're ... all this."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing. You're you. And I'm OK with it, Nor."

I nod. I don't know why, but those words seem like they mean much more than they sound.

He shifts his feet. "So is everything OK with you and your dad?"

"Yeah. It's safe again, at least. I guess that's the most I can hope for."

"School?"

"Last year, like you said. I just have to hang on."

He doesn't answer, but walks up, joining me on the bed, sitting close. He grasps my neck, kissing me on the side of my head. I don't realize that I lean into him as he does it, my hand crossing his thigh. His fingers find mine, holding them firmly. His lips are still at my temple. I dip my head back, and suddenly we're kissing. There is no pulling back, no uncertainty about it, whether on my part or his. It's not my first time obviously, and I can't help comparing him to Glenn. Wes is more … full. Strong. He's a little faster, a little more intense. But I don't mind. I kind of like it that way.

We stay entangled for a long time before he suddenly leans back, looking at his watch. "I can't stay here. Somebody might find us."

He jumps up, smoothing down his shirt in fast strokes. I get up and try to pat his hair back to neatness. Outside, the living room is dark, a belly murmuring sleepily with short creaks and stiff groans. Wes holds my hand and takes me all the way to the front door, where we pause to kiss again. "When are you going to to come over?" he puts to me.

"Soon."

He nods, nosing my cheek. "Let me know, OK?"

"OK."

He slips out, but I leave the door open to watch him go. He waves sweetly at me before the elevator doors shut on him, making me smile. The numbers glow and blink, and die at one. Already, I can't wait to see him again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Midweek Murder By ✨🐦🥔

Mystery / Thriller

11.6K 3.3K 32
HIGHEST RANK #66 in Mystery/Thriller - This is a story of betrayal, deceit and lies. A story where friendships, morals and the truth will be tested...
53.2K 3.9K 46
[COMPLETED] College is a time to start from scratch, to start over, to find yourself. Dash, who survived a car crash her best friend Danny did not, d...
580K 51.7K 34
𝙏𝙪𝙣𝙚 𝙠𝙮𝙖 𝙠𝙖𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙡𝙖 , 𝙈𝙖𝙧 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙢𝙞𝙩 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙃𝙤 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞...... ♡ 𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙄 𝘿𝙀𝙀𝙒𝘼𝙉𝙄 ♡ Shashwat Rajva...
165K 8.9K 35
*Spin-off of My Song For You* *cover by FlowerOfCamelis* Hunter Bolton has always been afraid of living in his parents' shadow. Being the teen...