The Arising: A New Start of L...

By SNovaC

The Arising: A New Start of Life Set in The Arising Universe First Book In The Arising Series A Group Of Stu... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Authors Note

Chapter 9

226 21 0
By SNovaC

The man slowly walked towards me. He picked up a bat from the ground and was ready to swing it at me. I didn't know what to do. His face is inches away from mine. He pushed me to the ground. He then got on his knees and started to hit me with the handle of his bat.

While he was hitting me I saw that he had a pistol in his pants side. He must of been the one who killed Jia. As he was holding me down with the bat I could see that the pistol was slowly falling out. I reached down to his pants and grabbed the pistol. I quickly turned the gun around and put it right up to his stomach.

*BANG*

The recoil from me firing the pistol made the gun dig into my leg. Which hurt quite a bit.

"Hurk huuur argh" the man was coughing up blood.

He stood up and held his stomach. He then fell to the ground as blood was dripping down his body. I stood up and aimed the gun at the other men.

"We are just kids! Look what you made me do. Look what you made me do!" I yelled.

The two other men quickly put their hands into the air. They looked terrified.

"Please no, we will leave and you will never see us again" the man said as he let go of Alleigh.

The two men who were left, quickly turned around and made a run for it. I quickly aimed the gun at them.

*BANG*

I missed my first shot as they started trying to dodge my bullets.

*BANG*
*BANG*

I shot one in the head and the other in his heart. They fell onto the ground with a loud painful slam.

I slowly put my arm down after killing them. I looked down at my clothes and I saw blood from the man I killed all over me. I dropped to my knees and I let go of the gun.

"Sam? Are you ok?" Alleigh asked.

"I just killed three people. People" I said.

"Sam, it's ok. Calm down, they deserved it" Alleigh said.

"Are you guys ok?" I asked.

"Where fine, thanks to you. Jia not so much" Kiara said.

Alleigh put her hand out for me. I took her hand and she pulled me up. When I got up and pulled my shirt down and remembered the girl in the supermarket.

"There was a girl here" I said.

"Where is she?" Kiara asked.

"She is in the supermarket" I said.

We all walked to Woolworths. I quickly ran back to the corner she was sitting in, but she wasn't there.

"Where are you?!" I yelled.

Alleigh and Kiara was behind me looking at me strangely. I looked around and I could see her anywhere.

"She was right there! She was crying and she told me to get out of here! She was right there!" I yelled.

"Sam. Are you sure you're ok?" Alleigh asked.

"I'm fine. But I'm not kidding she was here. She had short brown hair and light blue eyes. I saw her" I said.

"Well she must of ran away, who knows what these people did to her" Kiara said.

I took a deep breath in.

"We should sleep here for the night. We can sleep in one of the stores and close the security doors" I said.

"Which store?" Alleigh asked.

"That gaming store down the hallway is the smallest store here. It should be good for us to spend the night" I said.

"What should we do?" Alleigh asked.

"Gather all the food and supplies and put them into the store. I'll clear it out and make it comfortable for us to stay the night" I said.

"We can grab pillows and quilts from BIG W" Kiara said.

I nodded. Alleigh and Kiara walked to BIG W to look for sleeping gear, while I went to clear the gaming store so we could sleep in it.

I pushed all of the aisle trolleys holding video games and shirts outside. The store looked much bigger without any of the aisles. I found keys on the ground behind the counter. I grabbed them and put them into my pocket. They must be for the security door.

As I was cleaning all the rubbish out of the room I saw Alleigh put a blanket over Jia's body. I walked over to her as she crouched down next to him.

"Even though he was an asshole, he didn't deserve this. No one does" Alleigh said.

I wonder if Alleigh was implying that I shouldn't of killed those men. I couldn't think about it now. I crouched down next to Alleigh.

"Let's put these bodies somewhere else. I don't think they would want to be here" I said.

Alleigh and I dragged the bodies over to another store. Their bodies were pretty heavy, but with the two of us it was an easier job.

After a while of cleaning and grabbing supplies our the gaming store was ready, and just in time as well because it was getting dark. We moved everything we searched into the room and made it all cosy and comfy by using pillows and blankets Alleigh and Kiara grabbed from BIG W.

"I found this, it might be useful" Alleigh said handing me over a small metal bin and a box of match sticks.

I put the bin onto the ground and I folded up pieces of paper that were almost all over the ground. I chucked them into the bin and I lit a match. I put the match into the bin and flames quickly blew up. We were using it as a heat source because the room was pretty cold.

When all the supplies we got was in the room I closed the roller gates and then locked them from the inside. The room began to heat up quickly. We all sat around the small fire and talked about what is really happening. This is the only few days we could actually talk about something like this especially because how it is back at Underdale. I picked up the gun and looked at it.

"I think it would be smart to keep this on hand when we go back to Underdale. It could help us out a lot if things get bad there" I said.

"I can't believe, he would do something like this. He disregards us and sends us out on our own mission. He doesn't even care if we don't come back, he just wants food" Alleigh said.

"He's probably my favourite principle, and I've had four of them. He was great before the world went to shit. I hope he gets better while we are away" Kiara said.

"I liked his motivational speeches every assembly. They were always about everyone and how they can achieve better. I miss that" I said.

"What happens if there's more people out there like the three men today? What are we gonna do? We aren't strong enough to fight back" Alleigh said.

"We've gotta get stronger then. It will take time. But this world is cruel, we are gonna have to teach ourselves how to survive in it" I said.

Kiara let out a loud and long yawn. She stretched her arms out and rolled her head back.

"I'm really tired. I think I need to get some sleep. Wake me up in the morning yeah?" Kiara said.

"Yep. I'll keep watch for a while" I said.

Kiara pulled the blanket over her and rested her head onto her pillow. Alleigh moves closer to me and rested her head onto my shoulder. I put my arm around her waist as we looked into the fire.

All I could see was the bodies of the three men I killed. I couldn't get them out of my head. There faces were all I could see. They were scared of me. I think I'm scared of myself as well.

"Before. You said that no one deserves to die. Do you think I made the right choice, about killing those men?" I asked Alleigh.

"They deserves that. I'm sorry, I should of said it a bit clearer. I meant people like us don't deserve to die. But people like them, they deserve it" Alleigh said.

"Does that make me as bad as them? I killed them. I'm a murderer. All I can see is there blood and I can't get it out of my head" I said.

"No, Sam. Stop it. You had to kill them. They killed Jia, they were going to kill Kiara, me and you. You saved our lives. You had to do it, there was no other way. You killed killers" Alleigh said.

Alleigh hugged me tightly and didn't want to let go. We were very close friends, we have gotten even closer during the end of the world.

"Oh yeah. I almost forgot. I got something for you" Alleigh said grabbing her bag that she got from BIG W.

She searched around in it and brought out a orange bottle. She handed it to me. I put the bottle into the light and I saw the words 'Ice Tea'.

"Thank you. Thank you so much" I said kissing Alleigh on her forehead.

I opened the lid and took a sip. It was Lemon Ice Tea. One of my favourites. I handed it to Alleigh. She took a sip and handed it back to me.

"Guess I'll have to pay you back somehow" I said.

"You already have" Alleigh said.

We talked almost the entire night. But we finally drifted off asleep a few hours later.

THE NEXT DAY

I could hear loud banging noises of metal. I slowly opened my eyes and I saw Alleigh shaking me to wake me up. I quickly got up and I saw the gate shaking constantly. Walkers knew we were inside. I quickly stood up. Kiara was awake as well, she picked up a knife and got ready for a fight.

"It sounds like there's heaps out there" Kiara said.

"How did they get in?" I asked.

"There might be a door open somewhere this place is pretty big" Alleigh said.

"How are we gonna get out?" Kiara asked.

I walked over to the moving gate. I crouched down and grabbed the key for it.

"I'll open it slowly and we can take them out one by one" I said.

Alleigh and Kiara cautiously nodded as I unlocked the gate.

"Ready?" I said getting ready to slide open the gate.

Alleigh and Kiara nodded as I rubbed the gate open. The Walkers all tripped over and fell onto the ground. There were three of them. But they looked familiar.

"Jia!?" Kiara said confused.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 207 28
The beginning was like any other sickness. Like any other flu. At least that's what everyone thought. But boy, were they wrong. This is a disease th...
96 4 6
Based in the comic "The Walking Dead" universe, this story follows a different group throughout their survival journey through the trials. Can this g...
12K 861 27
Natalie will have a lot of choices to make, to help strangers or to walk away? She is thrown into many different situations she's not sure she's rea...
3K 262 25
When the world is thrown into chaos and there is nowhere to go for safety and nothing to stop the permanent destruction and damage, how do you surviv...