The Billion-Dollar Knight

By AerithSage

Ten years ago, Isobel Clayton, daughter of a US Senator, loved Alex Smith with all her heart. But she knew he... More

Author's Notes
Prologue
Chapter 1- Mercenary
Chapter 2- Journalist
Chapter 3- To See You Again
Chapter 4- I Don't Have the Answers (Part 1)
Chapter 4 - I Don't Have The Answers (Part 2)
Chapter 5- Addicted To You (Part 1)
Chapter 5- Addicted To You (Part 2)
Chapter 6- No One Else (Part 1)
Chapter 6- No One Else (Part 2)
Chapter 7- Mine (Part 1)
Chapter 7- Mine (Part 2)
Chapter 8- Can't Stay Away (Part 2)
Chapter 9- Never Forget (Part 1)
Chapter 9 - Never Forget (Part 2)
Chapter 10 - Running
Chapter 11- Protecting You
Chapter 12 - It's Complicated
Chapter 13- All These Years
Chapter 14 - Bodyguard

Chapter 8- Can't Stay Away (Part 1)

35.3K 2K 142
By AerithSage

***PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT IF YOU LIKED THE CHAPTER!***

THANKS TO EVERYONE BUYING CHAPTERS ON RADISH! YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME. <3

CHAPTER 8 - CAN'T STAY AWAY (PART 1)

Ten Years Ago
Isobel's Condo
Cambridge, Massachusetts

-❈-

"What happened?!" Isobel shouted. She rushed towards Alex and tilted his chin upwards. That was when she saw the large bruise on his temple. He was trying to hide it by covering the spot with his hair and by bowing his head.

"Fight," he grunted.

Isobel tugged him towards the kitchen and quickly opened the fridge. She took out her ice tray and emptied the contents into a small dish cloth. She placed the ice against his bruised skin.

"Another of these fights, Alex?" Isobel hissed. She jabbed the ice into his bruise harder to get her point across.

"Ow!" he winced. "That's what you get for fighting! It's stupid and you can get expelled! What the hell were you thinking?" she shrieked. Warm, blue eyes just stared up at her. There was no repentance—not even a hint of regret. Isobel waited for an answer but it seemed like Alex wasn't intent on giving her one.

"Well, what's the fight about anyway?"

She looked deep into Alex's eyes and waited for his reply. He sighed and covered her hand with his.

"You. I just proved to them you're mine."

-❈-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 27.9K 36
Alex Brooks and before you might ask. No alex is not a boy she's a girl. And the baddest one of them all No she's not an FBI agent or she doesn't w...
69.3K 2.7K 18
I recommend reading the first book in the series, "Two Different Worlds Collide" Otherwise certain details won't make sense in this book. I update th...
182 20 11
Grayson "Jaeger" Montgomery is perfectly content being the MC's computer whiz and having only the Rogue Wolves for family He's estranged from his par...
301K 11.2K 31
Lucy Mathews didn't quite know what she was getting into when she agreed to be the personal assistant of Mateo D'Amico. Surly she didn't think she'd...