Her Redeemed Destiny

Av Mintessla

Book Two in Her Destiny Series ||| ❝And when the past becomes present; the cost of war is blood.❞ ▫▫▫▫ ▫▫▫▫... Mer

Introduction
• Copyright •
• Epigraph - Part I •
• Chapter One •
• Epigraph - Part II •
• Chapter Two •
• Epigraph - Part III •
• Chapter Three •
• Epigraph - Part IV •
• Chapter Four •
• Epigraph - Part V •
• Chapter Five •
• Epigraph - Part VI •
• Chapter Six •
• Epigraph - Part VII •
• Chapter Seven •
• Epigraph - Part VIII •
• Chapter Eight •
• Epigraph - Part IX •
• Chapter Nine •
• Epigraph - Part X •
• Chapter Ten •
• Epigraph - Part XI •
• Chapter Eleven •
• Epigraph - Part XII •
• Chapter Twelve •
• Epigraph - Part XIII •
• Chapter Thirteen •
• Epigraph - Part XIV •
• Chapter Fourteen •
• Epigraph - Part XV •
• Chapter Fifteen •
• Epigraph - Part XVI •
• Chapter Sixteen •
• Epigraph - Part XVII •
• Epigraph - Part XVIII •
• Chapter Eighteen •
• Epigraph - Part XIX•
• Chapter Nineteen •
• Epigraph - Part XX•
• Chapter Twenty •
• Epigraph - Part XXI•
• Chapter Twenty One •
• Epigraph - Part XXII•
• Epilogue •
Thank you
Q & A
• Reviews •
The Third Book ...

• Chapter Seventeen •

4.6K 339 70
Av Mintessla

"Is there peace in the world?"    

"That sounded like Reeve ...?" Lucas tilted his head towards the Gamma. 

They were waiting outside the Alpha's office. It was protocol for all higher ranking and four best warriors to be on hand during a meeting, especially if the two packs didn't get along or there was an outside threat. They could feel the tension from their Alpha despite the mind link being closed. 

Seconds before, they heard the howl of an angered wolf. They were confused. Cassius watched the hallways, "It did kind of sound like her. But I thought her wolf was ... suspended .. or whatever you wanna call it," He waved his hand in the air.

Their questions were answered when the patrolling wolves suddenly howled in the distance and they understood the alarm in their call. 

"Something is wrong," Lucas snapped to attention, Harley beside him, "I bet its the Nashoba warriors raising trouble. Give me a moment." 

Cassius frowned, "No, it can't be them. Why would Reeve be the first to alert anyone?"

There was a pause and then Cassius finally pieced it together. His feet were carrying him towards the front door before he knew it. He ran out onto the lawn and towards the farthest pack house. He didn't care if he was violating pack protocol, he had to get to Reeve. 

Glass crunched beneath his shoes as he jumped up the steps to the front door. He prayed to the Moon Goddess that Reeve was okay, running through the hall in panic. He faintly heard footsteps echoing his own behind him but he was in such a state that his mind didn't register it. 

Nothing registered until he swung open the door of Ace's room and the sight before him crushed all the air from his chest. 

There was blood. Everywhere. It decorated the walls, painted the floors. The window was broken, the torn curtains fluttering slightly in the breeze, and then his eyes found the heap of man laying off to the side. 

He recognized him as Beau, the newest arrival, but his stomach flipped at the sight of Beau's scarred and bleeding face. The man appeared to be unconscious. Cassius' eyes quickly snapped back towards the window where he saw two silver eyes staring back at him from the shadow of the windowsill.

"Reeve," He breathed in relief. She moved from the shadows upon hearing his voice and he was surprised to see her in her wolf form, "You can shift again?" But then he realized the blood staining her fur. She had been the one in trouble. 

Reeve stalked towards him, her left shoulder stiff, and he reached out to let her nuzzle his hand, "What happened to you?" 

"What the hell!"  

Cassius turned to find Asher and Leroy standing in the doorway. A few warriors stood behind them, their faces masks of shock. 

"I don't know," Cassius replied, rubbing Reeve's head, "I just found her. I think Beau might have tried to attack her -" 

Reeve growled, her silver eyes flashing at him, and then she pulled back. Cassius was quiet as Reeve morphed from wolf to human, and he offered her one of Ace's shirts. She quickly covered herself and then she stood regally in the middle of the room. 

"Not Beau that attacked," Reeve spoke, her voice deadly calm, "It was Simon. He came for information. From the Conquistador Pack. I tried to kill him. Beau saved me and chose my side - defended me." 

"Did Simon touch you?" Asher growled. 

Reeve was still, "Grabbed my shoulders, yes, and tried to pin me down but Sekhet helped me fight." 

"What kind of information did he want?" Leroy questioned, "What did you tell him?"

"He wanted to know how I found you," Reeve glanced at Beau, "I refused to .. speak. Beau is good man." 

"Yes, I'm sure," Leroy said, his tone dripping sarcasm, "We can't be sure, though. Beau is going to be taken care of but then he's going to the dungeons." Upon his words, he stepped aside to let two warriors into the room. 

Reeve growled, "Beau fought for me, don't imprison him for crime he didn't commit." 

"You don't know anything about him. He could be dangerous. Until I've made my judgment, he's to be detained and no one is to see him but myself, my brother and my Beta. Do you understand?" Leroy narrowed his eyes at her. He was into full Alpha mode, and the only thing on his list was to protect the pack. 

The she-wolf's eyes flashed, she clenched her jaw, but then she switched her gaze elsewhere, "I understand." 

"Good, take him out of here and call Darren to patch him up." The warriors obeyed Leroy's request, and Leroy followed the warriors as they left the room with Beau. 

It was silent as the remaining warriors focused their attention on Reeve. Asher stood by the doorway, taking in the mess of blood, "Damn, Ace is not going to be happy."

Cassius moved towards Reeve, "Are you okay?" He tried to cup her face to examine the cuts but she jerked her head away from him, keeping her eyes downcast, "Reeve, are you hurt?" 

"I'm fine," She said, monotonously. Cassius could sense her anger beneath the surface, she was trying her best to hide it. 

"God, what happened in here? There's blood every - "

"Its not all mine." Reeve cut him short. 

Cassius became cautious, his eyes searching, "Okay. Did you do that to Beau?"

"No."

"You obviously fought with Simon, is he critically injured?" 

Reeve's eyes snapped to his, steeled without emotion. It almost scared him, "Simon knew I was weak. Targeted me for information. I said nothing. He tried to force me then I felt Sekhet. Once I shifted, Simon knew me. I have endangered everyone - your deaths are my fault now - "

"We aren't going to di - "

Reeve snarled, flashing her canines, and Cassius closed his mouth. He knew Reeve but this was a new side of Reeve. She was angry, yes, but there was something else beneath her mask. So many things she was hiding. He couldn't help but feel as though she was ... terrified. And it wasn't the kind of fear that he'd helped her overcome. 

No, this was the kind of fear that crushed one's soul, panicked one's mind to insanity. The kind of fear that was present when tragedy is certain. Cassius puzzled over the thought. 

"I doomed you. I tried to kill Simon - so close. But Beau stopped me. Something happened between two of them then Beau defended me. Beau fought with me but Simon escaped and I can't chase. Simon gave Beau scars on face. Beau doesn't deserve a cell for his actions. He is good man." Reeve spoke sternly, leaving no room for argument, and her last words were coated in the anger she felt. 

Without another word, Reeve stiffly moved to the door and the warriors silently parted to let her pass. The she-wolf was frightening, covered in blood and emotionless. Cassius was almost speechless until he shook his head and chased after her.

"Reeve, stop. You need to see Darren, you are still bleeding I can smell it." Cassius tried to grab her arm. She spun to face him so quick that he could barely blink and he was face to face with glowing silver eyes. 

"Human needs time." Sekhet snarled and he immediately backed off. 

They watched Reeve - Sekhet - storm down the hallway in fuming silence. The warriors murmured to themselves in question while Cassius was left in shock. Asher walked up behind him and laid a hand on his shoulder. 

"Let her breathe, okay? She's obviously not herself right now. I'll send Ralf to watch her. I'm sure she'll come back before nightfall and she'll feel bad for snapping at you." The Beta spoke quietly. 

Cassius sighed, shaking his head, "I hope you're right." 

"What the hell do we do about Simon?" West's voice echoed in the room. 

"Leroy will decide. First things first, we need Beau awake to see what he knows." Asher said. 

"I can't believe we harbored Conquistador members." One of the warriors murmured. 

Asher shrugged, "Who was to know? The good news is, we're all alive and still breathing." 

"Yeah, but for how long?" West said, lowly growling, "That fucker is probably half way to the Conquistador Pack right now." 

"Its a four day run in wolf form to reach the Conquistador Pack, five if he drives a vehicle." Lucas answered, "But we'll just say three days for safe measure." 

"Can't we just track him? Reeve really did a number on him, he's probably bleeding a gallon per mile." Another warrior spoke up. 

Asher shook his head, "He's not stupid. We might be able to track him for a few miles but he'll figure out a way to cover his trail, plus we wouldn't be able to catch up with him even if he doesn't cover his trail." 

"We are royally fucked." West grumbled. 

"Its war from here on out," Asher nodded in agreement. 

Cassius let out breathless chuckle, "Deja vu, anyone?" 

"Shut up, you idiot." 

And the unknown of the future was everyone's fear. 

✙ ✙ ✙ ✙ ✙ ✙

I'm currently in Ocean City right now, the melody of the waves outside my hotel room is making my soul sing ... but I had to publish a chapter for you guys. Enjoy while I enjoy the beach! *snickers and winks* 

Besides that, did anyone else feel uneasy with this new side of Reeve? I was literally backing away from my computer while writing *chuckles*

Leave a comment!

(Not edited)

-- 1651 words --

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

117K 3.2K 41
She began to fear every sound since she had met him. With every step she looked over her shoulder. Fear of him kept her wary. Trying to run from the...
790K 21K 50
I'm falling for the Alpha... ... Book 1 |Highest ranking #1 in werewolf - October 18, 2022| Started : Feb. 28, 2017 Finished: May 9, 2017 I#1 in w...
84.3K 5.4K 31
Book Five in Her Destiny Series ||| ❝She was his strength and he was her heart.❞ ▫▫▫▫ ▫▫▫▫ ▫▫▫ Reeve is a she-wolf unlike any other. She's been th...
93.8K 2.3K 33
Why judge a book by its cover.. That's your worst mistake and your fault. I will strive high and fight back. .......... Meet Demi. A true Alpha fe...