Alkimia ~the Craft of Love~

By FairoNeko

"Hi! Welcome to Alkimia, my personal library. You might have met a librarian other than me before, but don't... More

1. +IQ and -EQ (Mako + Shuya)
2. +Charm and -IQ (Mako + Shuya)
4. +EQ and +CQ (Mako + Shuya)
5. +EQ and +SQ (Mako + Shuya)
6. +IQ and +EQ (Mako + Shuya)
7. -IQ and -EQ (Shuya + Mako)
8. +Love and +Happiness (Shuya + Mako)
9. +Family and +Friend (Shuya + Mako)
10. What Otoge, this is Blind Date (Hoshi + Kaguya)
11. tiny chance tiny wish (Average + Setsuna)
12. under the same roof (Lilac + Azure)
13. sharing a life (Lilac + Azure)
14. a letter (Tokie + Tokito)
15. a present (Tokie + Tokito)
16. an introduction (Tokie + Inari)
17. a deal (Tokie + Shin)
18. an engagement (Tokie + Shin)
19. a birthday (Tokie + Inari)
20. a partnership (Tokie + Atsushi)
21. a heroine (Tokie + Atsushi)
22. You want to see me? (Alcyone + Naga)
23. Who is Alcyone? (Alcyone + Naga)
24. it is your smile which lures me in (Alcyone + Naga)
25. Naga thinks I am a pervert (Alcyone + Naga)
26. parents, thank you (Lasperi + Torao)
27. friends, keep in touch (Lasperi + Valfo)
28. you are... (Meng Xiang + Cheng Zhen)
29. +Growth and -Conflict (Mako + Shuya)
30. vow of affection (Ariel + Lean)
31. vow of possession (Lean + Ariel)

3. +IQ and +AQ (Mako + Shuya)

241 19 14
By FairoNeko

Mako, Sakura's best friend who is slowly gaining the reputation as a dimwitted girl, is at the library with said best friend and best friend's boyfriend, Yusuke.

As a third-year student, still alone, we diligently study.

We are diligently studying for the upcoming exam. I have also filled in the form of which university I choose.

It's a shame, but that is where I will part with both Sakura and Yusuke.

Shuya comes here, joining us in studying with the reference books he gets from the shelves. Sitting down, he takes a look at what we are doing.

The arrangement is like this, Sakura and I in one side with Yusuke and Shuya sitting across from us.

I am currently filling in the answers on a workbook, while the others are reading. I feel someone gazing at me, so I look up and raise my eyebrow at him.

"May I take a look?" quietly, Shuya requests to borrow this workbook I am filling

I push my workbook to him, letting him checks what he wants. After a long time, I kick his feet under the table. He slowly puts my book down from covering his face, staring at me with wide eyes.

I snatch my workbook back and continue answering the questions.

Later on, once we leave the library, Shuya pulls at Sakura and Yusuke, "She is actually smart?!"

"That's right!" Sakura proudly parades me, "Mako is the smartest!"

"One of the smartest," I humbly revise for her

"I can't believe it," Shuya shakes his head

"I don't need you to believe me," I plainly tell him, "No need to concern yourself over this either,"

Shuya frowns at me, but says nothing.

3.

I, in the face of graduation, am...sad.

Sakura and I, having been best friends for six years, will have to part because the major we choose is just too different.

"I will miss you," Sakura hugs me tightly

I hug her back, just as tightly, "I will miss you too,"

Smiling, we slowly release our hands.

"See you again," Yusuke waves at me, with his other hand holding on Sakura's hand that I release

"Let's hang out again," I nod and smile, agreeing with his plan to meet again

Passing high school exams, passing university entrance exam, passing life. This is what will always happen. With encounter, comes farewell. Unless it's death, we will surely meet again.

There is someone else who lingers around me.

"Congratulation," I tell him, good-naturedly

Shuya looks at me, who is not crying and not smiling and patiently watching him in return. Bowing his head, he murmurs some words I don't catch. After that, as he raises his head, "See you again,"

"See you again," I nod, deciding this is it, and turn around to leave

3.

And now, it's seriously my debut time.

Donning perfect makeup, arranging my hair perfectly, and then choosing the perfect casual but polite attire, I am all set to get a boyfriend!

I like it that K University doesn't need us to wear uniforms. Especially school uniforms. Without uniforms, nobody would question my age!

Just because I am small and good looking, it doesn't mean I am an elementary or middle school student!

To my new campus, I still decide to commute from home. K University is not that far.

"Not that far? Go get yourself a job to support your transport fee," Mama, as usual, is merciless

Papa nods sagely, "It is not a bad idea to have a part-time job starting now,"

So, aside from studying, I will have to work too. How cruel.

I plan to make sure I can catch up with the lesson materials first before finding a job. Compromising on that point, Mama and Papa send me off to campus.

K University. I didn't check how many people in my old schools would be here. Leaving it to fate, I go into the classroom that will be my homeroom and wait.

Speaking of which, now that we have graduated high school, it means...from here on out, this is no longer a story.

Hmm...

Shuya appears from the door, sweeps his gaze on the rows of seat, pausing at me, and then taking a seat in the front.

E~h? He is in K University? Moreover, the same major as me?

More and more people come inside this classroom. The seats are all filled up. Shuya, the good-looking boy who wants to take Sakura from Yusuke, is popular among the female population.

Of course, he is popular. If he is not popular, how can he have the confidence to lure Sakura from Yusuke? Although, he has not been successful in that regard.

A boy comes and asks, "May I sit here?"

I look up at him. A...good looking guy, in my eyes, with a good voice. I nod and make space for him to sit.

We stay silent, saying nothing. The Professor comes and introduces himself, also taking a roll call. I learn the boy beside me is called Arata.

He is a funny one. He doesn't mind that I am small. He appreciates my humour. He admires my intelligence. I think he likes me.

I gradually learn about him too, that he is a sweet, good-natured, and polite guy. He is not that smart, but he is diligent.

A month after we learn about each other, he asks me out. I accept.

After accepting to be his girlfriend, without announcing it to anyone, we come to lessons, discusses, and meetups outside of lessons as usual. Nothing really changes even though our status changed.

This is nice.

3.

One evening, few months in, I see someone on the top rows of the empty classroom. I walk into the classroom and check. It is Shuya.

On the first day, he picks the front seat. On the second and following days, he picks the seat at the very top and very back.

He is currently folding his arms on the table while having his face pressed on his arms. It doesn't seem like he is sleeping though.

"Shuya," I call, and he reacts by turning his head slightly to stare blearily at me

He is in pain, I realise.

"What is it? Stomachache?" I slowly reach out as he looks at me and touch his forehead, "Not fever,"

Shuya stays silent, watching me while squinting his eyes.

"I won't know anything if you don't say anything," I plainly tell him, absentmindedly pull him up so that I can see if there is anything else wrong with him

"...My eyes," Shuya quietly breathes, "They hurt,"

"That's sound dangerous," I reply casually, "Have you get your eyes checked?"

Shuya carefully shakes his head. I nod my head and take out my smartphone to dial a number. I wait and receive voicemail. I end my call.

"Who?" Shuya squints at me curiously

"Arata, my boyfriend," I reply, acutely notice how Shuya's hands, which are resting by his side, twitch, "Are your arms in pain too?"

"Just...eyes," Shuya breathes out slowly, "What do you call him for?"

"Unlike what you think, I can't actually carry you to the hospital alone," I recall that time when Shuya pulls me out from the pool. I will repay him this way. I look into my smartphone for a contact address and orders an ambulance.

"No need to be that extreme," Shuya mumbles as he listens to me reporting K University's address and classroom number

"You need help. Like I said, eye pain is a dangerous matter," I tilt my head at him, observing him, "Especially the pain can render you useless like this,"

Shuya doesn't reply anymore. He closes his eyes.

I tilt my head left and right to check whether he has lost consciousness. Considering it carefully, I move away.

Shuya snaps his eyes open as he lurches forward suddenly, startling me. He ends up adding an injury to his stomach by slamming into the table.

I click my tongue at him, "Fool,"

Shuya stays bending over the table like that without moving. From what I do glimpse, his ears are red.

I walk over to his other side, where the long bench is not occupied. Putting his bag on the table, I help separate himself from the table to rest his head on my lap.

Shuya is not breathing. I frown at him, who is not opening his eyes either. Pinching his nose, I tell him, "Don't make me into a murderer,"

With high-pitched voice, he accuses me, "You are attempting to kill me!"

I laugh as I release my hold on his nose, which causes him to inhale deeply, and stops breathing again.

I pinch his nose again, "What? Do I smell bad?"

Exhaling through his mouth, Shuya replies, "You...smell...good,"

I nod my head, satisfied to know that he is not holding his breath because of me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

197K 737 40
warning sex!! you can cancel if you don't like it.This is only for the guys who have sensitive desire in sex.
105K 4.4K 62
➽Just short love stories...❤ ⇝❤️. ⇝🖤. ⇝♥️. ⇝💙. ⇝🩷. ➽🤍 Ongoing ➽🤎 Upcoming [Ignore grammatical mistakes. I will improve my writing gradually.]
38.1K 2.2K 20
Dive into the turbulent love story of Siddhant and Ishika-a tale marked by youthful passion, misunderstandings, and the weight of unspoken regrets. I...
182K 523 11
Stories about inflation, expansion, forced feeding and other stuff of this content, so If you don't like this kind of stuff, I think you shouldn't re...