The Artist & The Q.B.

By kylekay

Briar Roberts is a struggling artist who can't help clash with her best friends brother and Quarterback Truex... More

Ch. 1
Ch. 2
Ch. 3
Ch. 4
Ch. 5
Ch. 6
Ch. 7
Ch.8
Ch. 9
Ch. 10
Ch. 11
Ch. 12
Ch. 13
Ch. 14
Ch. 15
Ch. 16
Ch. 17
Ch. 18
Ch. 19
Ch. 20
Ch. 21
Ch. 22
Ch. 23
Ch. 24
Ch. 25
Ch. 26
Ch. 27
Ch. 28
Ch. 29
Ch. 30
Ch. 31
Ch. 32
Ch. 33
Ch. 34
Ch. 35
Ch. 36
Ch. 37
Ch. 38
Ch. 39
Ch. 40
Ch. 42
Ch. 43
Ch. 44
Ch. 45
Ch. 46

Ch. 41

156K 6K 724
By kylekay

Coming back home felt almost euphoric, the drama and the hectic pace I found myself in seems to be over...finally!

Its been a little over three week's since we've been back and everyone has kinda slipped back into work mode. 

    Picking up my favorite paint brush I smile. Its way too long since I've smelt fresh paint, I take out my supplies having a thought in my head for the stark white canvass in front of me.

Treux has been stuck in meeting after meeting involving endorsement deals, television interviews and I'm sure some actual football stuff. He has a photo shoot today he didn't seem too enthusiastic about when he left.

    Mya is back to teaching after taking time off to deal with the Tate and wedding fiasco. I honestly have never seen her happier, she seems to be back to her old self.

    Easton is back in Texas dealing with packing and moving. Apparently, he wasn't messing around and closed on a house near us last week. I'm sure he'll show up unannounced in the near future.

That leaves me...alone here with only just my thoughts...since, I can't find my car keys anywhere! I'm not sure if I misplaced them or Treux took them. But If I was a betting person, I'd wager he conveniently took them with him this morning. He's being ridiculous about my safety, convinced I will die if I drive myself anywhere.

I hear the studio door open and turn to see a disgruntled Truex. "I've been trying to call you for the last hour."

"I'm trying to paint. I didn't want to be disturbed. What is it?"  I ask, worriedly.

"I need you to come with me. To a photo shoot." He says, watching me intently.

"Weren't you just at one?" I ask, confused.

"Yeah, but I left to come get you. They want the photo done with a girl all over me." He states, disgruntled.

"So?" I ask, trying not to smile.

He glares, "So, you'll have to be the girl." He clarifies.

I smirk at the thought of him being uncomfortable with a random woman all over him. "You do know she gets paid right? She doesn't have to like it, either do you for that matter." I point out, close to laughing.

"Come on." He urges, ignoring my statement. "I need you to do it or I'll cancel and I'm already contracted to do it."

"Or don't cancel and grow up. Its not like they're telling you to have sex with her." I say, as he tugs me towards the door.

"Can't you have a jealous moment? Just once." He questions, irritated.

"Sure! You want this to be it?" I ask, amused. He doesn't respond so I start walking with him in a huff. "If they think they can drape some paid professional model over my husband, they can think again. Not going to happen! Simply, outrageous that they would think a woman who's job it is to look perfect, would be suited to do a job for a photographer."

"Shut up. You'll see what I mean when we get there." He says, impatiently opening the front door for me. I wait as he locks it after us and we walk to the car.

On the way to the job I ask, "Okay, how bad is it?" I want to know what I'm getting myself into, as I start to get a little nervous.

He grunts. "I thought I was just being dramatic?"

"I'm sure you are." I assure him, smugly.

They want her laying on top of me holding a football over my junk." He explains.

Shocked and amused I ask, "Whoa, whats this for?"

"Another Sports Illustrated issue. 50 hottest men in sports." He answers.

I whistle. "Where did you land on the ranking system?" I ask, curiously.

He glances at me and raises his eyebrow. "I'm on the cover. Shouldn't that alone tell you where?"

I laugh, only just now realizing that it would in fact mean he's number one. I smirk thinking about what they will say when we get there. No photographer will be happy to replace a six foot model with me.

    At the location I get out and meet Truex who is waiting for me near the door. He takes my hand and we make our way through the building. I see a group of people talking about the lighting that they have set up. What they like and what they want to change. A couple of people turn to us when they see Truex.

I notice one of the men smiles as he makes his way to greet us. "Hello, I'm Lukas Picard the photographer. You must be the wife I was told he was going to get." He smirks, knowingly.

"Nice to meet you. Yep, thats me. You can call me Briar, only Truex prefers wife." I tell him, elbowing Truex.

"Are you comfortable in front of the camera?" He asks, interested.

"I guess, I'll have to be." I shrug.  "I'm sorry, Truex has apparently developed a horrible case of shyness." I tease, looking up at him.

He laughs. "It happens more than you think it does. I still have Amanda here if you don't wish to be apart of it." I nod. Knowing the pretty, tall, skinny woman in a robe standing to the side must be the discarded model.

"I won't get out of it." I whisper to him, rolling my eyes.

He nods, knowingly before a woman leads me to hair and makeup, doing a great job and quickly. It impressed even me when I looked at the transformation. When I am handed a robe and told to strip down, including my underwear. I hesitate, I decide not to listen and leave my underwear on.

    Walking out of a makeshift dressing room only wearing a robe onto a set with five people standing around is a whole new experience. I hear Truex talking to the Lukas about how many people are here and to tell anyone he doesn't need to leave. "I don't want anyone to see her naked." He repeats for the second time.

Knowing he's making a nuisance out of himself I say, "You should've thought about that before you made me come." Not that I want random people to see me naked either, but he did insist on me doing this with him.

"I wasn't thinking." He admits, looking torn between doing the shoot and walking.

I shrug, knowing either way he'll be uncomfortable. "Okay, what do I need to do?" I ask, seeing a backdrop that looks like 3D footballs laying on the ground.

Another woman comes to stand by me. "The premise of the shoot is Truex laying on footballs with you draped across him holding a ball to cover him."

I nod. "Sounds easy enough."

She smiles. "I'm Claire Bourgeois. Photo editor for S.I. You're Mr. Marshalls wife?"

"Yes, Briar." I say, introducing myself.

"I'm so pleased you agreed to do this. The article highlights his life and goes into an interview. He mentions you quite a bit. It'll be great to have you both on the cover."

Before I can respond I hear, "Lets get started. Truex if you'll lay down." Lukas says, pointing to the footballs. Truex who is still wearing underwear lays on the back and motions for me to come towards him.

I do and Lukas turns to help me, "Do I take the robe off?" I ask, my hands at the knot, holding it closed.

"No, not yet. I'll get it off you." Truex answers, before Lukas can say anything and I move to lay down next to him. I rest my head against his chest and his arms go around me.

"Can you move your leg across his legs." I do as Lukas asks and Treux starts to remove my robe. I help him, making sure it covers us while he removes his underwear and I am handed a football. I put the ball where they asked and Lukas takes away the robe.

I notice a tall ladder, realizing this is how Lukas is going to take the shot. A woman comes and fixes my hair.

"Make sure her hair covers her somewhat." Truex tells her. She nods and I can tell she wants to smile.

"Stop ordering people around. You're the eye candy, not the boss." I remind him. Earning a few chuckles from the people that heard.

I'm staring up at him smirking when Lukas asks me to turn towards the camera, I start to shift and Truex moves with me to make sure I'm not revealing anything.

"Those underwear are amazing. Claire did you think of that?" Lukas asks, snapping pics.

"No, I didn't do it."

"What are you wearing?" Truex asks, curiously.

"Mya ordered me some underwear with your team logo on it as a thank you." I explain.

"A thank you?" He asks, confused.

"Yeah, I single handily got her and Easton together." I say, in a duh tone. "If it weren't for me those two would still be just friends."

"Why underwear?"

"Its Mya. Does she really need a reason to do anything?" I reply, simply.

The truth is she was buying some for herself with Easton's jersey number on the butt and thought I could use some, the only difference being the number printed on the back. However, telling Truex I have almost the same underwear as his sister won't go over well, and they're nice. I don't want them thrown away.

"How much longer do I have to hold this football?" I ask, looking towards Lukas.

"Is that his number on the back of the underwear?" Lukas asks.

"Yes." I answer.

"Great lets have you lay on top of Truex, facing him."

"No." Truex says, keeping me where I am.

"You can cover her butt with your hands and just keep the number exposed." Lukas states, hopeful Truex will go with his plans. Finally, Truex moves me in front of him slowly and I lay on his chest as his arms go around me and his hands cover my butt, leaving the number in the middle shown.

    An half hour later we are standing by the computer looking at some of the pictures that were taken. They are tasteful and nice. Nothing that I would ever be embarrassed about. We say goodbye and leave to go home. In the car Truex seems to be apprehensive about the whole experience.

"Thank you." He states, looking towards me.

I smile. "You're welcome. I didn't think you were going to let me do it."

He shakes his head. "I almost didn't."

"The pictures are nice though."

He nods. "I'm getting some of those blown up for our bedroom."

I laugh at the thought.

Okay, not an exciting chapter! But I am so stuck on how I want this one to end...I just needed a buffer chapter, until I decide. Thanks for reading as always! Love ya! XO

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 3.2K 25
After losing a friend, Clover Fields finds comfort in the one person who understands her feelings-Jared, her best friends brother. ...
64.7K 1.6K 42
Brennen Bartels was close friends with the captain of his college hockey team, Garrett Gray. He loved Garrett, he was always there for Brennen, but n...
2.3M 41K 61
Football players are assholes. I know; I'm related to their king. My older, and annoyingly overprotective, brother Jake is the star quarterback at Sa...
677K 12.1K 42
UNEDITED! "I can't act like I'm not in love with you!" he says at last. Every single drop of confidence fades away from my body. "What did you say?"...