Ch. 4

I still haven't heard from Flynn or his secretary, which has put me in a horrible mood as I drive back from the mechanics who charged me an astronomical fee to fix my car. I am now down to $60 dollars in my savings account, $20 dollars in my checking account and nowhere near my dream of a new studio. Good thing Truex has a comfortable couch. Not that they didn't give me a room, they did, but the bed in that room is horrible. It's hard as a rock and impossible to get a good nights sleep on.

I park my car, noticing several vehicles that I've never seen before. Just as I get to the front door Truex is coming out.

"We were just leaving." Truex states, walking past me.

I sigh in relief. There has to be at least 9 guys and girls behind him, I move out of the way. "Have fun." I say, giving a small wave.

I see Mya coming towards me holding hands with Tate, her bridesmaids, Becca, Sarah, and Anna behind her. I feel a tug on my arm, "Come on, you're riding with me." Truex says, turning back to his vehicle. Confused, I follow him in the sea of people, getting in the passenger seat of his Range Rover.

When he starts the engine I ask, "What is this about?"

"Fittings." He answers, not sounding too happy.

"Why didn't she tell me about this?" I question, feeling blindsided.

He shrugs. "She has a whole day planned."

"Please, no." I pout, begging him with my eyes. I groan, "Kill me now." There's a tap on my window and Truex presses the button to lower it.

"Mya, said we could ride with you. Is that okay?" Becca asks, sweetly.

He nods and leans towards me. "I'll pay you whatever you want, just keep her away from me." He states, quietly before they get in.

"Awe, is big bad Truex afwaid of a whittle girl." I tease, as they climb in and shut the doors.

I know Becca is interested in him, she makes it clear enough. I just don't know why he doesn't like her back, she's perfect. Born and bred in California. She has clear skin, perfect body and perfect hair. Plus, she's super nice and a successful entertainment lawyer. Of course, Truex probably has impossibly high standards to live up to. I scoff out loud just thinking about it.

"What was that for?" He questions, suspiciously.

"Nothing, just thinking. What is the plan exactly?"

"Fittings, gift registering, lunch and dinner back at Truex's place." Becca answers, excitedly. She leans forward to talk to us. "This is going to be so much fun. I printed out a sheet of suggestions of what couples should register for as gifts. I printed one for each of us so if anyone wants to buy something for them today, they'll have options." Her peppy voice and upbeat attitude annoys me.

Ugh, Okay.... I get why he doesn't like her, now. "Great job, Becca." I say, feeling like she's waiting for some sort of response or a pat on the back, something.

"Oh, it was nothing. I'm happy to help." She replies, modestly.

"So, Anna. How's the baby?" I ask. She had a kid recently, that's all I know about her.

"Getting so big! He rolled over the other day." She answers, proudly.

"Oh, wow." I respond, not knowing if it's a good or bad thing.