Ch. 9

I walk back to my room, dazed and with more butterflies in my stomach than is comfortable. I see Truex laying on the bed sleeping peacefully.

"What a butthead." I mutter, out loud.

If you think about it, its his fault Mya is so confused about Tate. What the hell is he doing anyway? Becoming interested in me? It doesn't make sense. I watch him sleep for a few seconds. He is hot, in that big jock way. Not that I've ever really thought about it. It's just that obvious when you look at him. I can honestly say I'd be embarrassed standing next to him as anything other than a friend. He's too...perfect. He needs someone like Becca, if not her than another accomplished beautiful woman. Not me, a girl that can't sell a painting or afford to live on her own.

    I shake my head clearing it from these thoughts. I cannot believe I'm thinking about what kind of woman he needs! And I'm putting myself down while I do it! Fuck that! I'll take Mya's suggestion and pretend I don't know anything about him liking me. He'll change his mind at some point anyway.

Deciding he's at fault for Mya and my own insecurities I pick up a pillow and throw it at him.

He wakes up glaring at me. "What?" He asks.

"Get your own room." I demand. He closes his eyes again. "Truex." I warn, picking up another pillow.

"They're booked because of the ESPY's. I checked."

"How many people are getting this award?" I asked, confused.

He smirks. "That's what the award show is called. They're giving away multiple awards." He explains.

"Why do I feel like I'm walking into a trap?" I ask, suspiciously. He shrugs, in response. "Your sister is getting cold feet." I state, anxiously.

This gets his attention as he props himself up against the headboard. "Why?" He asks, curiously.

"She doesn't think they're as happy as other couples." He nods, thinking about what I just told him. I throw another pillow at him but he catches it. "Don't agree with what she said, she's happy! She doesn't need to compare her relationship to anyone else's, she's acting crazy."

"What is she going to tell, Tate?" He questions.

"I'm not sure." I answer, sadly. "What about your mom coming all this way to go wedding dress shopping?" If it doesn't happen she would've made the trip for no reason.

He shrugs, "She'll get over it." His attitude about what Mya is going through is starting to piss me off.

He must sense I'm getting angry because he asks, "Why are you mad at me? What am I supposed to do about it?"

"Help me fix it! I just spent hours with her! Suggestions, brainstorming, anything, Truex. Sitting there like its not your problem is not helping me, Mya or Tate."

"But its not our problem. Its between the two of them." He argues.

"Your sister could potentially lose a man that loves her and you couldn't care less?"

"It's not my call, its hers." He shrugs.

I nod. "You're right. We should stay out of it. Plus, if Mya breaks up with Tate I can share her room, while you share mine with Tate."

It only takes him a second before he responds, "Okay, lets help them. How?"

I laugh, "You do know you bought a date for the mattress, not sex, right?"

"Would that have been an option?" He asks, curiously.

I chuckle, "Probably, I really hated that bed."