Prove It

By haleiyoung

Amanda Blake is the epitome of the All-American girl. She's popular, beautiful, smart and athletic. Nothing s... More

N E W S T O R Y
I N T R O D U C T I O N
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapted XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXII
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXIV
Chapter XXXV
Chapter XXXVI
Chapter XXXVII
Chapter XXXVIII
Chapter XXXIX
Chapter XL
Chapter XLI
Chapter XLII
Chapter XLIII
Chapter XLIV
Chapter XLV
Chapter XLVI
Chapter XLVII
Author's Note

Chapter III

4.4K 116 14
By haleiyoung

"That is so boring!" I turn my head away to Sofia and roll my eyes as Miligan gives up another lecture on 'making our personalities pop'. "And Skylar, I don't know what you are doing, but you need to focus or I don't know if I can keep you on this team."

I see Skylar rolling her eyes at her words as well. None of us take her seriously. That's probably rude of all of us, but after what went around last year about her, it's not only hard to believe she still has her job, but it's hard to believe she thinks she'll gain any respect from anyone in the school.

"From the top! And none of ya'll are leaving until you get this segment right!"

I give everyone in the gym a death glare. I have other things to do other than cheerleading. If one person is the reason I don't have enough time to do what I have to do, is going to face my wrath. And to be honest, they should all be scared of me.

And thanfully they all took my silent message to heart, and we were out of there my 4:00. I rush back to the locker room and grab my bag from my locker. But before I leave, I've got to get Emma from the library.

After school every single day, Emma and her boyfriend Christopher stay after school in the library with each other to do schoolwork, or whatever they do. I've got to admit, they're an adorable couple, and Chris is a total gentleman. I would defintely consider dating someone if all the boys in the world, or at least my high school, acted like him. Mr. and Mrs. Bennett definitely raised him right.

"Emma hurry up, I need to get back home!" I urge her. She rolls her eyes, but doesn't argue with me, which is what I like about Emma. If I were with Holden he would come back with some smartass comment.

I watch as they say goodbye to each other. It's always the same, but I can't help but silently giggle at them. He always puts one hand to her cheek, and one hand over her's. Again, they are the cutest thing.

They pull apart and Emma walks beside me to the car. The first year Emma came to the school, we would always get strange looks from other kids coming home from other activities. For obvious reasons, I suppose. People who don't really know me don't know Holden and Emma are my siblings, and Emma and I look nothing alike.

"When are you going to bring Chris over again?" I tease.

"Not until Dad chills out. I'm not looking to have a repeat of the first dinner."

"Come on Em, it wasn't that bad" I reassure, giving myself away giggling.

"It was so embarrassing! I couldn't believe he would ask a fourteen year old boy what he thought of the latest law practices!" I see her shake her head. "Who asks a kid that? So until Dad doesn't cools it, I'm not bringing hm back over."

"Mom was sort of protecting him."

"Amanda you need to shut it. You've never had a boyfriend, or a 'thing' to have Mom and Dad embarrass you in front of." Pulling up to the house she gets out of the car as soon as my car hits the garage.

I suppose she's right. The only guys I've brought over the house were for parties, and I was never in a relationship with any of them. But that still doesn't mean I don't like it when my brother or sister's girlfriend or boyfriendcomes over and are interviewed by my Mom or Dad.

But that's not my problem. What is my problem is my foul-smelling body and empty stomach. Lucky for me, I smell something wonderful my lovely mother had cooked for dinner.

"Hi Mama" I greet her grabbing a water from the fridge.

"Het sweetie, how was your first day of senior year?" she asks.

I shrug my shoulders. "It was fine, I guess."

"There was nothing fun that happened?"

"No, not really." I say. "I'm going to take a shower. What time is dinner?"

"We'll have dinner when Dad comes home."

I don't answer, but I know she knows I heard her. I toss my bag onto my bed and walk to my bathroom from there. Sliding the glass door to the shower make sure the water is just right.

I sigh when the water hits my skin. After being so gross I always find great pleasure in taking a nice cool shower, just having all the grime and sweat wash down the drain.

Just when I come out of the shower I hear my mom calling from downstairs it's time to eat. And thank goodness for that.

I make my way to the dining room and sit down in my designated seat around the table right next to Emma. Holden has his spot at the end near my mom. She's the only one who can handle him spilling everything. I swear that kid is a bull in a china shop.

Like clockwork my dad walks into the dining room while looseining his tie. He comes up behind my mom and kisses her on the cheek, something they've done ever since I can remember. A lot of my friends find it strange that my parents are so touchy-feely with each other, but it's just normal for me. Don't get me wrong it can be embarrassing sometimes, especially when they kiss in public, but I guess I'll find it cute when they're old and wrinkly.

"So how was your first day back?" my mom asks the three of us.

"Fine" we all mumble at once and continue to stuff our faces with roasted chicken.

"Somebody give me something here"

"Well I went to class, then to lunch, then to class again, and the day was over" Emma explains in her signature monotone voice.

"Well at least tell me how that sweet boy of yours is doing" my mom says. It doesn't escape my attention that Emma starts to blush and my dad's face goes from neutral to a deep forehead wrinkle frown.

"You're still seeing him?" my dad asks sternly. I know dads are supposed to protect their little girls and whatnot, but Chris is such a gentleman I don't know why my dad doesn't like him.

"Yes, I'm still seeing Christopher, Dad. And he's doing fine" she answers, getting up from her seat. "And no, he will not be coming over any time soon. Not until Dad stops harrassing him". She pushes in her chair and leaves the room, her footsteps heard from where we sit.

"Tristan when will you give that poor boy a break? He's so nice" my mom chastises my dad who runs his hands down his face.

"You don't know what that boy wants from Emma, Elizabeth".

"Dad, they haven't even had their first kiss yet. What makes you think he wants sex?" I ask, catching both my mom and dad off guard.

"How do you know they haven't kissed" my mom asks at the same time my dad asks, "Why are you talking about sex?"

"Because she told me" I say, ignoring my dad's question. That is not something I want to be talking about with him in front of Holden. That's just not happening.

My dad repeats his question, but I'm in the kitchen by the time he finishes and ignore him again. I don't always ignore my dad, but when he's trying to talk about boys with me I am out of there.

My golden retriever, Charlie, follows me up the stairs and into my room. Even though I hate cleaning the fur off of everything later, he's just too adorable to say no to. I mean, how could you say no to a puppy?

"Oh Charlie you're so adorable!" I exclaim when he hops onto my bed. "You're just living the doggy dream, aren't you?"I ask in a high-pitch voice and scratch his soft ears.

"Amanda!" Holden's voice booms through the space as he barges into my room.

"What the hell do you want?"

"Charlie" he answers. "Julia's coming over and she loves dogs". He goes for his collar, but that's when Charlie goes for Holden's hand, snapping his teeth.

"Well clearly Charlie doesn't want you. Now get out of my room" I demand.

"Shut up. Charlie, come!" he commands. My little baby just tilts his head to the side and stays put on my pillows next to me.

"Just get out. Stop using Charlie to get girls" I say and push him out to the hall and close my door in his face.

"Why did I have to have a brother? I would have been perfectly satisfied with Emma" I explain to Charlie, who is now happily attacking one of his toys.

I jump onto my bed and rest my face on his side and pet his silky fur. "Everyone is just so annoying. Telling me I should date Marcus, who do they think they are?" By now Charlie is bored with the toy and sighs deeply.

"I just hate it. People just need to mind their own business" I rant when I hear a knock at my door.

"It's open" I call and my mom peeks her head into my room.

"Amanda, please help me get dad off my back about Chris" Emma pleads, flopping onto my bed. Charlie stirs from his position, but keeps put when she begins to stroke his ears.

"What am I supposed to do?" I ask. "He's not my boyfriend".

"I don't know. Just something. Lord knows he won't listen to me" she grumbles.

"Emma I don't know how I can fix this. It's not like he'll listen to me any more than he listens to you about this. I would just wait. He can only not stand this kid for so long" I say.

"You're no help, Amanda. And when you get a boyfriend and Dad's being a jerk about him, don't be counting on my help" she snaps and slams my door.

I look at Charlie, who is now at high alert from the slam. "On second thought, I would have been okay at Mom and Dad stopping at me".

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.3K 2.6K 50
There's this girl name Taylor Madison Miller, she is the cheerleader captain, she is really a beautiful, one day she bumps into someone, she fell Inl...
359 52 28
When Summer Write a teenage girl finds herself falling for her childhood best friend Tyler Scott does she tell him or does Summer's future with her...
195K 10.9K 32
Isabelle Holden has become a master of keeping up the good girl facade in order to keep her parents off her back and date the baddest boy in school...
127K 4.7K 32
Laurel McKenzie is: Daughter to: Emily & Drew McKenzie Sister to: Brandon McKenzie Granddaughter to: Alison and Ryan Anderson On paper Laurel McKenzi...