Brown Sugar

By GirlsWithGoals

Chresanto and Maya been best friends since they were in pre school. Times have changed and both have grown an... More

Prologue.
One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.
Nine.
Go Read
Ten.
Eleven.
Twelve.
Thirteen.
Fourteen.
Fifteen.
Sixteen.
Seventeen.
🙄🙄
Eighteen .
Nineteen.
Rewrite.
New story.
1k views.
Twenty.
Twenty One.
Twenty Two.
Twenty Four
Twenty Five.
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine.
Filler ..
Thirty (Finale Pt.1)
Finale pt. 2
Finale Pt.3
Book 2 .

Twenty Three

149 7 12
By GirlsWithGoals

Maya

"You don't think this whole situation fishy?" Rose asked pouring some juice.

"You already know it is. I wouldn't be surprised those niggas set him up ." I said shaking my head. Dillyn is like a brother to me and to see him going through what he going through it really hurts me. Yeah he ain't a saint but who is? And Typh having to deal with it too bothers me even more. I got the vibe that she wanted to be alone so I left her be for a minute. But just for a little while not forever. Speaking of Typh she came down the stairs with her hands in her jacket pockets with red eyes. I automatically knew besides the D situation that something was wrong.

"What is it?" I turned and looked at her and she sighed with a smile. She held up a stick and I realized it was the pregnancy test. I completely forgot about that.

"Pregnant." She said and I put my hand on my chest and almost fell to the fucking floor.

"Girl you lyinggg ." Rose said putting her hand over her mouth and Typh laughed.

"No see for yourself." I took the test and sure enough is said 'pregnant ' I squealed and hugged her making her laugh.

"Ohmagawd bitccchhhh ! " I pulled away and she looked sad and I frowned.

"The first person I wanted to share it with ain't here.." She looked like she wanted to cry but she didn't. Typh has mastered the art of staying strong for everyone else but doesn't really like when someone is strong for her. In her words she would feel weak. And I can't really blame her because I'm the same way. But I gotta let her know that's she's not in this alone and she's not the only one hurt. If anything I can do that for her, all the stuff she has done for me in the past I owe it to her.

"He's gonna get out of this and y'all can take care of this jit together ." I said as she looked down.

"I don't even know if I wanna keep the baby .." I had to catch myself.

"Hell you mean by that?"

"What's the point of having the baby if the person I love might have a possibility of missing out on that child's life! I don't wanna put him through that! "

"Typh just calm down mama ." Rose said putting her hands up in defense.

"Yeah you don't even know how he feels because he doesn't know. Everyone with eyes can see he loves children and that's not fair to you to make that decision for him whether he wants the baby or not." I said folding my eyebrows. She took a deep breath and chuckled.

"It's funny how you tryna tell me what's right for MY body. I think I know what I'm talking about ." She said rolling her eyes and waving me off. Hold up wait , wait a damn minute.

"Bro what?! You didn't make that baby by yourself so you shouldn't make that type of decision by yourself! I don't give two fucks if it's YOUR body it's his baby too !" I had no idea who I was talking to right now but it wasn't my sister. I know she was speaking of emotions but she was talking crazy as fuck . D has every right to know about his baby , she can throw a tantrum or whatever I don't care .

"Listen I think I know D better than the people in this room so I know what I'm saying when I say he's not ready." I sucked my teeth.

"I may not have known him for a long as you do but what I've learned from him is that sometimes he can surprise all of us, maybe the baby makes him gets his act together for good. But we will never know that if you make the decision for him."

"Of course the girl with daddy issues wanna say that ." I cocked my head back .

"Ah Typh.." Rose mumbled.

"Fuck is that supposed to mean ?"

"You had no father in your life so you want some type of connection to that you ain't slick bruh I see that shit all over you ." That's when Rose got up and got in between us .

"I want a dude to be there for his baby is somehow connecting to me? Stop yourself while you're ahead dawg seriously." I put my hands in my pockets and took a deep breath. Typh has always been my sister and she knows what lines not to cross and shit she just crossed one.

"Nah I'm making this choice because it's better for us !"

"Nah you making it because it's better for YOU ! Look man I'll go to war for you and I know you going through a lot but you deadass wrong and I'm gonna leave before I say some shit I regret." I snatched my jacket off the couch and put it on. Rose tried to stop me.

"Maya where you going?"

"A walk." I walked out slamming the door and walking on the street. How can shit switch so fast? I guess it was the hormones from this pregnancy. But I never say something out of pocket to her ..ever. And when she brought up my sperm donor that really hit me. No I didn't have a father figure in my life but damn I'm doing good for myself. And I know D would be a good dad to his kid if she would give him a chance . Usually a situation like that I would've said something that would've dead the whole thing but it wasn't some bitch off the street this was my sister. I knew I would've regretted it later and ian in the mood for apologizing for shit. I was so in my thoughts that I didn't hear someone call my name.

"Chres?" He pulled up his car and got out jogging to me .

"Why you out here walking by ya self ?" He said looking around before looking at me. I shrugged putting my hands in my pockets.

"Just needed to walk." He looked at me with squinted eyes.

"Who did it?"

"It's nothing ." He made a face .

"Ya nose is flaring and you got ya hands in ya pockets what's going on?" I took my hands out swiftly.

"Nothing major don't worry about it." Whether I was cool with Typh or not at the moment I wasn't gonna tell her business even if she cool with him. That wasn't my place to tell.

"Yeah my ass -"

"Just drop it okay?" He raised his hands in surrender.

"Alright fine. But aye you wanna go to the store with me ? Mom gave me a list and you know I hate grocery shopping." I laughed a little.

"Yeah sure.."

"Ya boyfriend cool wit you riding with me right?" I made a face.

"I'm good on my end what about you?" I said talking about his girlfriend.

"Eh she prolly won't but she'll be alright you family." I shook my head getting in the car with him.

"All you doing is giving me a reason to beat her up ."

"Nah but you got in the car." He looked over at me and I laughed.

"Yeah I needed another reason."

"You really a hot head , you and Typh both ." I waved him off and my smile faded. He caught it but didn't say anything which I thank him for .

____
We pull up to Walmart and got out with him and he locked the car up .

"We just getting this stuff and getting out no extra items." He said side eyeing me .

"Why you looking at me like that?"

"Because you just like her getting stuff we didn't even come for ." I sucked my teeth.

"Uh uh in my defense it was stuff we needed later on so all I hear is rah rah rah blah blah blah ." I said waving him off as he got a buggy and I walked ahead of him.

"First thing is bread."

"Wheat right?" I said as we walk to the aisle where the bread was.

"Yeah." I got the bread and put it in the buggy.

"What's next?" I said walking by him.

"Juice. She wasn't specific so I don't know what kind ..." I shook my head .

"Cranberry for her , Apple or Grape for you ." I said walking ahead. I felt his eyes on my butt I just ignored it.

"See it was God that I found you walking." I shook my head smiling. I grabbed Cranberry and Grape juice to and put them in the buggy.

"I'm serious I would've ended up not getting her juice and she would've cussed me out ."

"We both know she has no problem doing that ."
I said laughing . My phone was vibrating like crazy from calls and messages from Corey and Rose. I know I should let them know I was okay but all they were gonna do was talk to me about the Typh situation and I'm not talking about it so I just put my phone on silent.

"You know I miss you.." Chres confessed pushing the buggy beside me.

"Stoppit."

"Nah Nah I miss my friend, it's been boring without you around. " I smiled a little looking away. Despite the crush I had on him we were great friends. I knew he always had my back. No question about it.

"I'm a phone call away."

"You don't answer." I made a face.

"The hell? I got no calls from you."

"Mhmm ." I rolled my eyes.

"Next item on the list..?" He pushed the buggy while looking at the list.

"Bananas and grapes."

"Alright well they're in the same place so let's go ." I walked ahead then I seen some Starbucks Frappuccino that I always drink. I went to grab it but Chres said something .

"That's not something you need." I scrunched up my face.

"If y'all want me to stop being violent I do ." I said grabbing two packs.

"I'm paying for it don't worry." I said checking the time.

"Yeah that's not gonna happen don't argue with me ." I rolled my eyes ignoring him as I picked up the bananas putting them in in the buggy. I seen Corey's name come across my screen and I sighed knowing he won't stop calling and answered.

"Hello?"

"Oh shit you alive? Where you at man you got me out here driving around like a maniac ." I smiled a little.

"You are a maniac Corey ."

"Hell yeah if it's about you ! Now where you at ma? " I shifted my weight to one leg .

"I'm okay Corey-"

"You know I'll find you don't play with me ." I rolled my eyes and huffed.

"I'm about to leave in a minute I'm alright ."

"You're so stubborn." I shrugged like he could see me.

"You know you gon have to talk to her .." I instantly got annoyed.

"I'm not talking to someone that's gonna throw shit in my face that's dead ." He sighed. The intercom in here started talking about an employee coming to the front to help.

"I don't know exactly what happen, Rose ain't give me details but I know y'all need to talk ."

"We don't need to do nothing I'm good ."

"Maya-"

"I'm finna hang up." He sucked his teeth.

"What She say? Can you tell me that ?" I sighed pinching the bridge of my nose.

"It was deep . That's all I will say ."

"Alright..so when you leave Walmart I'll be outside." I looked at the phone all types of crazy.

"How did you-"

"Heard the intercom." He said and I could tell he was smiling. He really gets on my nerves.

"Okay ." He laughed.

"Fix ya face I'll see you outside." I sucked my teeth.

"Okaaay Corey ." I hung up on him turning around seeing Chres on his phone. I noticed the buggy had a little more stuff in it.

"Oh I got the other stuff while you were on the phone ." He said with an unreadable expression. I nodded running my hand through my hair. As I walked by him he spoke up.

"What happened to us?" He glanced at me with a grim smile. I shrugged.

"Life I guess...we used to be so close.."

"Yeah then I was being stupid." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"About?"

"Us being more than friends, I was afraid I would lose my friend and I ended up losing you anyways." I looked at him . The look he had was so spaced out.

"Chres you know you'll always be my best friend. You didn't lose me , we got caught up in our own stuff."

"Sure I guess." I sighed putting my hands in my pockets.

"What you think would've happened if we didn't tho?"

"What you mean?" I raised an eyebrow . He stopped the buggy.

"If we were still how were were...what you think would've happened?" I thought about it .

"Who knows." I knew the answer but I wanted to act oblivious. If things weren't what they are now I would've been with Chres or just about there. But I don't regret going out with Corey at all. If I was hesitant I wouldn't have went out with him in the first place.

"You do ."

"Maybe . But I don't regret anything that's going on right now."

"Even us barely talking anymore?" I rolled my eyes.

"You know what I'm talking about ?" He looked at me funny.

"I just wanted to know."

"Want the truth? I probably would've put on my big girl britches and told you how I felt about you ."

"How do you feel about me?" Awe damn I forgot he doesn't necessarily know how I feel.

"Nothing you ain't hear that . " he smirked.

"Stop looking at me like that ." I said looking around.

"Tell me.." he grabbed my hand but I pulled back.

"I'm not doing this with you right now Chres. You got everything?" He sighed and nodded.

"I gotta go, Corey's outside." I walked off before he could respond.

"I'll see you later!" I heard him yell and I threw up a peace sign. I really hope not. I shoved my hands in my pockets. What the hell just happened? I walked outside looking around the parking lot and seen Corey leaning on the trunk of his car. His eyes landed on me and he smiled.

"How the hell you got out here? I know you ain't walk? " I shook my head.

"Naw I was helping Chres grocery shop for his mom." Ain't no reason to lie to him. Especially since Chres was already at the checkout line so he could be coming out in a few minutes. But I know Corey trusts me, I can't speak for Chres.

"Why you with him?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"He saw me walking. Offered and I needed to get my mind off stuff so I took it ." He nodded.

"I should fight you for disappearing like that ." He said squinting his eyes at me and I smiled innocently.

"I'm sorry ."

"Mhmm . Let's go ." He kissed me and guided me to my side to open the door so I could get in. And then jogged over to his side and got in. He backed out the spot and drove off. I'm not even gon lie and say I was caught off guard by that conversation with Chres, but it's like why say something like that now? It's weird as hell and it got me thinking too much. And nobody tryna think about the what if's but he what ifing like muthafucka. I was snapped out of my thoughts when Corey grabbed my hand.

"You good?" I looked at him and pulled together the best smile I could.

"Yeah I'm good."

_______
No edit excuse mistakes ⚠️
Yeah that was really unexpected but I needed to put some drama in their lives 😂. Don't worry It'll get better down the road.

I'm gonna start updating on this story more. I done read other stories and got inspiration and learned some stuff. No I didn't steal any ideas, other stories help me come up with ideas for chapters. But I'll try to have at least two chapters for the next few days ✌🏾.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 275 17
Maya and Stefan have been friends since they were in diapers. Stefan thought he knew everything about Maya, right up until the day she killed herself...
104K 2.9K 44
Chresanto and Bahja were best friends since grade school but Bahja's awful home life causes them to split apart for what will become the next 10 year...
25K 491 37
Yn & Chresanto has been bestfriend since they where 2years old .. But it all changes up,wen they start to catch feelings for each other. But somethin...
3.7K 120 34
Yannique and her brother's Best friend Chresanto start to feel eachother after years of being around each other but one big mistake controls what th...