grace under pressure • jerome...

By LOVELYVALESKA

"What's courage? Grace Under Pressure." Grace Sky. An 18 year old girl with seemingly everything. Although... More

PROLOGUE
CHAP.1: Arkham
CHAP.2: Therapy And The Common Room
CHAP.3: What A Rush
CHAP.4: A Friend And Stories
CHAP.5: Doctor Annoying
CHAP.6: Visitor
CHAP.7: New Inmate
CHAP. 8: Break Out
CHAP. 9: Settling In
CHAP. 10: That's Were I Know The Name
CHAP. 11: MANIAX
CHAP. 12: Ladies And Gentlemen
CHAP.13: Roaming Around
CHAP.14: Who's The Boss?
CHAP.15: Give Me An O!
CHAP.16: Celebration
CHAP.17: Police Station
CHAP.18: Jerome's Revenge
CHAP.19: Grace's Revenge
CHAP.20: Getting Ready
CHAP.21: The Curtain Rises
CHAP.22: Dazed
CHAP.23: Time
CHAP.24: Memories
CHAP.25: Break In
CHAP.26: Cult
CHAP.27: Street Rat
CHAP.28: Blood Test
CHAP.29: Surprise
CHAP.30: Jail Time
CHAP.31: Hiya Sis
CHAP.32: Breaking News
CHAP.33: Power Plant
CHAP.34: Reunited
CHAP.36: Wayne Manor
CHAP.37: Circus (Part 1)
CHAP.38: Circus (Part 2)
CHAP.39: Maze Of Mirrors
CHAP.40: Looking Back
CHAP.41: Back At Arkham
CHAP.42: Haircut
CHAP.43: Under Our Thumb
CHAP.44: Hathead
CHAP.45: Secret
CHAP.46: Doubt
CHAP.47: Birthday
CHAP.48: Limpy
CHAP.49: Lunchtime
CHAP.50: Make Us Laugh
CHAP.51: That's A Spoon
CHAP.52: You'll Come Around
CHAP.53: Strange Place
CHAP.54: Escaping The Hellhole
CHAP.55: Red Crows
CHAP.56: Three Soups
CHAP.57: Diner
CHAP.58: To The Rescue
CHAP.59: Recruits
CHAP.60: Mandatory Brunch Meeting
CHAP.61: Business Proposition
CHAP.62: Proxy
CHAP.63: Maze
CHAP.64: Family Reunion
CHAP.65: Test Subject
CHAP.66: Except Your Sanity
CHAP.67: Stagecraft
CHAP.68: Three Empty Chairs
CHAP.69: Not According To Plan
CHAP.70: Rooftop
EPILOGUE
THE END!

CHAP.35: There Are No Rules

5.6K 151 63
By LOVELYVALESKA

  Jerome and I soon after our little chat, tied Dwight up in a chair. Just like old times. We then strapped him to many tanks of gasoline and what looked like mini bombs. If I knew of this stuff had been here before I would have bombarded this place as soon as I was able. I mean, there were cases of explosives in a power plant! How many times does that happen in your life huh?

  After we tied him up to the bombs and gas, I took the police hat and shoved it on Dwight's head. He shifted in a very awkward way. 

  "Um...what is going on?" He asks nervously. Jerome stops and stands by me and we share a look before turning back to Dwight. 

  "You'll see." We say at the same time before laughing. I turned and helped Jerome with t.v equipment as I turned and shifted the camera. I stroke my chin. 

  "Hmm. What about here?" I say and I turn to Jerome. He examines it before nodding and giving a thumbs up. 

  "Perfect." He says. He then rolls his head, making a scratchy noise deep in his throat then continued to work on the wire. I shake my head with smile but continue to shift the camera. 

  We were going to broad cast this to all of Gotham City. We were planning on doing it right. We decided, that since we were in a power plant that had all the energy for Gotham in it, we would shut down that energy, making the whole city go black. It would be...amazing. 

  After I was finishing up Jerome came up to me and wrapped his hands around my waist. I smile and look back at him. 

  "I never knew a guy would like my midsection so much." I say. He chuckles and puts his face in the crook of my neck.

  "I like a whole lot more than your midsection." He whisper suggestively. I laugh. He laughs as well then goes to stand up and away from me. But something stops him. I look at him. He was still in place, not moving and seeming to stare at something on my neck. 

  "What's wrong?" I say. He lifts a hand from my waist and runs his finger over the scar across my neck. Whoops. I forgot that was there. 

  "What is this?" He says, partly growling. I swallow. I turn back in front of me. 

  "A scar." I say simply, sorting through the equipment to give the final touches. I could literally feel him roll his eyes. 

  "Yes, I know that. But where did you get it from." He says, his voice a little more angry than before. I don't answer him, not meeting his eyes. "Grey. Look at me." I sigh and turn to him. He raises a brow to me. I fiddle with my hands and look down at them. 

  "I...after you died, I was sent to Arkham. It was just like before. They started to shocks again. But it was worse without you there. After a little bit, my mind broke apart. I didn't want to live anymore. So...I slit my throat." I tell him slowly, as if drawing it out would help me in any way. 

  He stayed quiet for the entire time I spoke, not making a sound and not moving away from me. I feel tears in my eyes and looked at him. 

  "I wanted to join you Jerome." I say quietly and filled with sadness. He looks at me for a moment, studying my eyes before suddenly coming down and meeting his lips with mine. I kiss back before we both pull away. Jerome puts a finger under my chin and raises my head to look at him. 

  "That sweet, Grey. But, you shouldn't of done that. You need to wreak havoc. You need to cause the destruction we set out to do together. Promise me, if I ever do die again, to not try anything like that again." He tells me. I nod and smile wide. 

  "I promise." I say. I meant it. I did find it wildly stupid I had tried to kill myself, even before he said anything. Jerome smiled as well and chuckled before kissing me once more. He then pulled away and clapped his hands together. 

  "Alright!" He says. "Let's get this started." I chuckle. I look at Dwight. 

  "Ya ready Dwighty?" I ask. He simply whimpers. I roll my eyes and wave a hand. "I'll take that as a yes." 

                                                    |TIME SKIP|

  Jerome and I stood in front of the camera with Dwight tied up behind us all secure and snug. I stare at the camera before turning to Jerome. He looked at me with a smile. 

  "Ready?" He says. I nod. 

   "Ready." I answer. He then puts his hand forward and presses the button the top. We wait for something to happen. I raise a brow then turn to him. "Did it work?" He shrugs then comes closer to the camera.

  "Testing. Testing." He says into the camera, turning his ear to it. I come close to it as well, peering. 

  "Is this thing on? Are we live?" I say more to myself.

  "Can ya hear me?" He calls then waves a hand. "Ah screw it, lets do it. " I smile at the screen as he continues. 

  "Hi." He greets, I stand and look behind me at Dwight. I give a small wave to his face of pure fear. 

  "Some of you may know. I died. Uh oh." He says with a slight shake of his head. He then comes closer to the screen. "But take it from me. Death is dull. But coming back...that is something. Leave it to dying to have a whole new perspective on life." He then rolls back and walks over to Dwighty. I know stand in front of the screen. I lean down to it and tilt my head. 

  "And we...would like to share that all with you." I say, grinning from ear to ear. I breathe in. "I promised some you out there destruction. The chaos that Gotham deserved. Now...we will finally be able to give that to you. My eyes are open as will yours be soon. The light must diminish for the brighter knowledge to leap ahead. 

  "You are all blind with what you have. The rich take from the poor, the poor try to take it back, and so on and so on. It's a cycle that we'd like to break. This darkness will show you the true colors of our fine city and you will all lather in our imagine." As I finish Jerome walks up to me, a lighter in hand. 

  "Tonight Gotham, in the darkness, there are no rules!" He says, coming closer. I smile. 

  "So Gotham...do what you want. Kill who you want." I add. Jerome then rolls his head beside me, making a gurgling noise in the back of his throat before looking back to the camera. He closed in on the camera. 

  "And when morning comes..." He said then held up the lighter and the string that connected to the bombs. He lit it. 

  "You too shall be...reborn." He says and we both start to laugh as we turn around. Jerome places a hand on my waist then stop next to Dwight. 

  "Oh and uh..." He says then starts to snap his fingers as if forgetting his name. I smirk. 

  "Dwight." He tells him. 

  "I don't forgive you for my face." He says then laughs as we walk away with each other. I lean onto him and then bring up a hand to wave. 

  "See ya later Dwighty!" I say and Jerome laughs. 

  We start to run out of the power plant smiling sadistically as we run out the doors. I lead him over to the van and he takes the drivers side. I frown. 

  "How come you get to drive?" I ask. He turns to me. 

  "Ya can always sit in my lap." He says, raising up his brows. I put a hand on my hip. He groans. "I died. Let me have the wheel." I roll my eyes. 

  "Ugh fine." I say. "Lets just blow this pop stand." He gets in the drivers side with a smug smirk.

  "You may have died but your still cocky as ever!" I yell from the other side of the van. I hear him laugh as I get into the passengers side. I nod at him. He laughs then hits the gas, propelling us forward and away from the power plant. I look in the review mirror as if gets smaller and smaller. I laugh and slam the car door. 

  When we were away enough, the power plant exploded. I smile widely then stick my head out the window and turn behind me. I watch as the fire grows and wind rushes to my face. 

  "WHOOOOOOOO!!!!" I scream and laugh. I shake my head. 

  "Gingy your right," I say. "I'm glad you took the wheel. This view is amazing!" He decides not to let me have all the fun and then sticks his head out of the window as well, looking behind him as he drives. 

  "Wow. Your right honey, it's a show stopper!" He yells then laughs his signature laughter of his and we both get back into the van. I smile at him. 

  As I do so the lights around us start to disappear. It happened. The city went into a black abyss. Just like we planned. 

                            |TIME SKIP|

  As we drive faster and faster into Gotham I start to realize the full gravity of the situation. No, not the seriousness of the city being without light. No I realized the full gravity of Jerome being back to life. Alive. With me. I never thought this day would ever happen. I put a hand to my mouth as he drove, trying to cover my quivering lip and teary eyes. He noticed however.

"Grey?" He says. I continue to look at the ground below me. "What's wrong?" I let out a small whimper.

"Nothing. Nothing is wrong." I say. He suddenly stops the car and I jerk forward, not having a seat belt on. He turns to me fully and narrows his eyes to me.

"I know you Grace. I know when you are upset. Tell me what is wrong now." He says. I then break down, tears coming down my cheeks. God I was emotional today.

"Nothing is wrong. I am just happy your back!" I say in a rush, my words over lapping over one another. He grins at me.

"Oh Grey." He growls. "I'm happy to be back too. I'm happy to be back here with you. What I said about death was true. It was dull. But only because I wasn't with you." I smile with my tears in my eyes then bent over the console, finding Jerome's mouth in the darkness. 

  I kissed him slowly, savoring the taste of his sweet lips. He kissed back and then growled, his mouth skimming my throat and I felt a touch of tongue, causing my heart to bump against my rips. His kiss moved to my bare shoulder. He nudged the blue strap of my tank top and brushed his mouth against my lower arm.

  I wanted to be as close to him as I could. I never wanted him to go. Never again. I needed him in my life right now, and tomorrow, and the day after. I needed him like I'd never needed anyone.

  I crawled over the console, straddling his lap. I slid my hands up his chest, grasped him behind the neck, and pulled him in. His arms circled my waist, locking me against him. He smiled against my lips and I smiled right back. He pulled back for a second. 

  "If I remember correctly..." He starts. I raise a brow with a smirk. He leaned in close to my ear and I felt his breath against my neck

  "The last time we were in a van together, you suggested an idea about taking a bigger...step into our relationship." He says, pulling back with a mischievous grin on his face. I felt myself blush deeply before I let a smile come up my face as well. 

  I kiss him hard, biting his bottom lip with my teeth before putting my mouth against his ear.

  "I think I can make that happen." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55K 1.3K 56
"There's a darkness inside of you and it's growing. It appeared when your parents were murdered, and it started growing when I held a knife to your b...
119K 3.4K 47
"Is your mind playing tricks on you, or am I?" He smiles; finally a crack of emotion in that perfect facade. He was playing with me, and he was enjoy...
32.8K 1.1K 23
"Madness, as you know... Is a lot like gravity... All it takes is a little. push." I know what your asking yourself... Am I really the jokers daught...
15.9K 382 22
When Ianthe Thatcher, a 21 year old Gotham City native reluctantly accepts a seemingly promising position at Arkham Asylum, her path takes an unexpec...