NIGHT BEDS ━︎━︎ THE MAZE RUNN...

By youokmk

#1 in CAPTAINGALLY - APRIL 2022 *ೃ༄ With the help of an old friend (and boyfriend) who everyone once thought... More

bios.
PROLOGUE.
i. THINKING OF HER, HER, HER.
ii. WON'T YOU FOLLOW ME?
iii. WE ALL LIFT EACH OTHER UP.
iv. THE G WORD.
v. THE PROMISE RING.
vi. MY BOYFRIEND'S BACK.
vii. JEALOUS BOYFRIEND.
viii. THE LAST CITY.
ix. TOO YOUNG TO GET MARRIED.
x. YOU LOST THE PROMISE RING?
xi. THE PLAYGROUND KIDS.
xii. RUTH ARABELLA.
xiii. DEREKA.
xiv. TERESA AGNES.
xv. GETTING INTO WCKD.
xvi. RESCUING THE KIDS.
xvii. OH HEY BABE!
xix. MINHO.
xx. RELOCATION.
xxi. I'M NOT GOING BACK.
xxii. THE FLARE.
xxiii. HOW GALLY MET MK.
xxiv. FIRE.
xxv. CASSIE & GALLY.
xxvi. FRIENDS.
xxvii. TORE MY SHIRT TO STOP YOU BLEEDING.
xxviii. MARRY ME.
xxix. APPLE PIE WITH MILK.
xxx. JUDAS.
xxxi. PLEASE, TOMMY. PLEASE.
xxxii. DON'T HOLD ONTO ANGER.
xxxiii. I'M SORRY, I TRIED.
xxxiv. SEASIDE.
xxxv. WELCOME TO THE SAFE HAVEN!
xxxvi. I DO.
xxxvii. TAKE ME HOME.
EPILOGUE.
Gally's letter to Newt. [EXTRA ENDING]
Acknowledgements.

xviii. TERESA & MK.

776 32 5
By youokmk

the 1975 // medicine.

"OW! WHY ARE YOU DRAGGING ME?" Giving up, MK sets her down against the wall of another building. They only made about a block away from where they stopped. Dereka was panting and groaning, sweating profusely from her neck.

"What's going on?" MK bends down to look at her.

"It's the Bliss," Dereka says taking her time with slow deep breaths. "It's wearing off."

MK's face fell. How could she forget? Half of Dereka's face was a reminder to everyone what happened to her. She didn't know it would wear off that much and that fast. "You shouldn't have came on the train with me," MK shakes her head, feeling her heart drop from the guilt.

"If I haven't followed you on that train you would of been as good as dead."

"You were moving around so much. You worked your ass off helping me." She glances around, hoping that no one has spotted them. She gets back up, pacing around with her hand on her hip, the other covering her face.

"Do you have any more on you?"

She shakes her head.

"You know what this means, right?"

"Clearly," Dereka rolls her eyes.

"The Flare's gonna take over you!" MK spats out, shaken.

"I mean it took over me already until Lawrence gave me the drug."

"Okay," MK nods. "We'll just go to Lawrence."

"No," Dereka says. "I don't think he's in the mall anymore."

"But you said they were gearing up?"

"Yes but they probably left long time ago. I know Jared and them are with Lawrence."

"All right. Where's your walkie?" Dereka takes it out of her belt and hands it to her. MK felt the tip of her hands make contact with hers, sending chills down her spine. Her shaky, pale hand with the visible dark veins getting longer was enough to know it was already growing fast.

"Jared?" MK calls in the speaker. No reply. She shouts this time. "JARED?" She hands it back to Dereka.

"Does that lady you were with have any?"

"You mean Ruth Arabella? She told me she didn't." MK wanted to collapse as well. Gally or Brenda should have the serum, but she can't search for them all over the city and out. Wasting time.

"I don't believe her. Let's sneak in her place and find some."

"Are you insane? No, obviously WCKD should have something. I know Gally took all the serum but it's not worth chasing him or we'll get caught. WCKD. We'll sneak inside WCKD."

"We just came from there!" Dereka whines, shaking her leg up and down like a child.

MK reloads her gun. "Fine then. You're hiding, take deep breaths and try to relax but I'm going in!"

"But wait, what if you get caught? What are you gonna do?" MK swings Dereka's arm back around her neck and shoulder. Lifting her up, the pair fast walks from one wall to another leading to the same side entrance where they fought on the train. MK finally answers her question moments after setting her down behind a pillar.

"If I don't make it back," MK says. "then leave me. Find Gally or Brenda. Tell them you need serum."

She throws her hood on and casually walks inside. There weren't no guards this time, most of them were probably sent to go after Thomas or Newt, if they were still there or not. MK wanders around aimlessly, trying to keep her mind occupied and clear of finding a way into a lab where there's at least bottles or syringes.

She continues to hike up a vacant flight of stairs, rushing pass a few doctors,who glanced back with confusion. MK quickly doves for the elevator, pressing the button to close it numerous times before anyone could reach it.

The doors reopened to the tenth floor, showing a bunch of soldiers running through the halls shouting directions and orders, while everyone made way for them to pass.

Weirded out and sort of relieved of not being seen, MK awkwardly presses the button to the eleventh floor. The lift ascends for a few seconds. MK inhaled shakily, shaken about being so high up in the building, far from where Dereka was and wondered if Gally ever ended up finding Thomas. With all those guards leaving their post to take them down, she wanted to know if she wasn't the only one inside.

The doors reopened again and right when MK was about to take a step forward, the first thing she saw was someone standing before her.

"Teresa?" MK gasps.

Teresa Agnes blinked, standing there to process who she suddenly bumped into. MK brushes passed her, looking both ways on both hallways before deciding to walk to the right side.

"MK, what are you doing? Why are you here?" Teresa began following her catching up to her pace, constantly looking behind her for anyone.

She ignores her, entering a lab with a few scientists inside. They noticed who walked in and began to run out, shouting. That meant MK needed to hurry up. Teresa shuts the door and she sees MK picking up a random test tube, swirling it around.

"Be careful! You can burn your skin if you spill that on you!"

"What color is the Bliss?" she asks her.

"MK, I'm telling you to leave now. Just take what you need and go. Janson will find you."

"I don't plan on sleeping over here. Where's that drug?"

"MK, seriously- "

"Where. Is. It?" She demands, smashing the test tube on the station, sending smoke up in the room after the substance starts sizzling through the melted surface. MK pulls out her gun, pointing at her. "Where is it, dammit?!"

"I don't know what you're talking about!" Teresa says, her eyes focusing on the smoke. "We need to leave this room right now. The fumes will spread. It could be deadly."

"Not until you tell me where it is. And don't lie to me." All of the anger built up inside of MK because of Teresa was finally lashed out on her. Would she eventually forgive her?

"I really don't know what you're talking about."

"The Bliss."

Teresa stares at her, not saying anything. Why wasn't she saying anything?

MK sighs and lowers her gun. "You guys gotta have something." She rummages through the shelves of bins, trashing the lab.

"We have serum," Teresa suggested. "But-"

She huffs. "Yeah obviously, but Gally was supposed to take all of it. Where is he?" She remembered he had to go back to find Thomas.

"You missed him. He went to get the serum and to get the kids out. I doubt he's still in the building. You have to get out now before anyone finds you."

"All I need is that drug to stop the Flare from spreading in my friend." She felt weird referring to Dereka as her friend so suddenly.

"Newt?" Teresa wondered.

"No. My other friend. It's wearing off and she doesn't have any on her. Please, Teresa. I'll go once you tell me where to find it."

"I was never told where it was. I'm sorry."

"What? You should know. WCKD would of told you everything, just like how you told them you would work for them."

"MK, please-"

"Have you been blind? WCKD's been treating kids like lab rats, Teresa! Even Minho! They don't see them as humans, they see them as subjects! They don't care!" she shouts.

"They care about saving humanity, MK! Why can't you understand that we're so desperate for something to change?" Teresa raised her voice as well.

"You all are so desperate to find one that you're willing to betray us and keep people locked in here so can you use them for tests? To find some cure?"

She doesn't say anything.

"You're just gonna stay here and rot while you guys don't ever end up finding one?"

"Maybe I won't make it, but I want you to, for Gally. He has something special for you, and I really hope you don't turn it down. You guys were meant for each other."

MK was silent, blinking in surprise. Since when did Gally let Teresa know stuff about him? She does recall a time in the Glade where Teresa asked her in person if she and Gally were together. She remembered setting down her sketchbook and pencil that was brought up in the box months ago and looked at her, almost forgetting she wasn't the only girl anymore. She said yes. Teresa's never really had a decent amount of time to actually talk to him without having him roll his eyes in annoyance. But why did she have to bring Gally into this? Something special?

"What are you talking about?" MK said, growing impatient.

"You'll find out but you have to leave now."

The fumes were fogging up the room now, almost making it hard to see.

"What happens if we inhale it?" MK says, covering her nose with her jacket. Teresa couldn't answer. She probably didn't know. While she looks around and observes, Teresa walks to the door and opens it, checking to see if it was clear. She waves her over, covering her nose with a cloth she got from a nearby cart.

"Go now." And MK obeyed, turning up nothing to help Dereka. As soon as MK made her way to the exit stairs, she looks back and sees Teresa shutting the door and looking back at her. She gives her a soft smile and runs off to the other direction.

MK couldn't take it. She only inhaled a tad of smoke yet she already felt lightheaded. When the authorities rush to the floor, she raced down the stairs, covering her nose from the smoke that already spread out of the door and made its way everywhere, including the stairwell. The smoke alarm attached to the ceiling went off, making her eyes ring like hell. Screw it, that's their problem now. She runs down as fast she could, feeling like the entire building was tilting.

MK was regretting this. Teresa was no help, and now people were going after her. The steps were looking like it was leading to nowhere, but she couldn't throw in the towel that easily. Dereka was still waiting for her back at the pillars. She chokes and coughs but refused to stop for a break. She had to go. Running down all the flights of stairs was an exercise until her legs gave in at the emergency exit. MK felt proud, hoping to never have to do that again.

The smoke wore off and she was able to balance on her feet properly, her heart rate finally slowing down seconds after. She pushes the doors open and flees out of the property.

+idk much about the bliss and how it works so if this chapter is inaccurate then soz ;((

- MK

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.4K 1.2K 45
there's only one place beatrice has ever been able to call home - WICKED. but after finding out they weren't who she thought they were she escapes in...
529 12 8
Newt was dearly hoping for a miracle to get them out of the Maze, Thomas just wanted an easy way out. In where one thing changed everything except th...
119K 5K 25
⠀ 𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒎𝒊𝒔¹ ╱ 迷路. she was fragile like a 𝒃𝒐𝒎𝒃. ━...
96.8K 3.1K 25
𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐎𝐍 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 | ❝ ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴏɴ ғᴏʀ ᴅᴇᴀʀ ʟɪғᴇ, ᴜɴᴛɪʟ ɪᴛs ᴀʟʟ ɢᴏɴᴇ, ...