Celestial Soul | Tom Riddle ✔

By theclockworkghost

"Nephilim are one of the most dangerous beings in all of creation." - The Angel Of Thursday; Castiel There's... More

ᴄᴇʟᴇsᴛɪᴀʟ sᴏᴜʟ.
ɑ ʍღтɦєʀ's ℓღνє.
monologue.
ᴄᴇʟᴇsᴛɪᴀʟ sᴏᴜʟ | ᴘᴀʀᴛ ɪ
cнαгαcтεгƨ.
Through Time.
From Angel to Witch.
A True Gryffindor.
The First Day Duel.
Potion's Mayhem.
The Enigma of Tom Riddle.
The Magical Properties.
A Nightly Stroll.
A White Wand.
The Candy Shop of Horrors!
Care of Magical Creatures: Unicorns.
Fairies.
Tom's Theme.
No More War!
The Gaunt Lineage.
Baby Tommy.
What to do in Danger's Face?
The End of the World.
Oh, Karoline!
Childhood Secrets.
Horcrux.
Pity Party.
Pandora VS Boggart.
The Secret of Two.
The Hogwarts Express.
ᴄᴇʟᴇsᴛɪᴀʟ sᴏᴜʟ | sᴜᴍᴍᴇʀ 16'
The Titanic to Pocahontas.
Tears of an Angel.
ᴘᴀʀᴛ ɪ | ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛs
ᴄᴇʟᴇsᴛɪᴀʟ sᴏᴜʟ | ᴘᴀʀᴛ ɪɪ
cнαгαcтεгƨ ıı.
Guess Who's Back.
The Lunatic Lightly's.
Back to School.
A Dragon's Friend.
The Darkness and Castelobruxo.
Freaky Friday.
Halloween.
Turkey Day.
Goodbye For Now.
ᴘᴀʀᴛ ɪɪ | ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛs
ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀs ɪɪɪ.
Meeting Crowley.
Somebody Better Call God.
Two Dora's In One Sitting.
The Deep South.
The New Year's Eve Gala.
Sacrilege.
See You Again.
What the hell is this?
Shopping.
Hello Mother Dearest.
The Lion's Den.
Complicated Plans.
My Past, Her Future.
Eᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ.
A Random Tuesday.

Bold Gryffindor.

38.1K 1.5K 1.8K
By theclockworkghost

T H I R T Y - O N E
Bold Gryffindor.

"I sense bold sensations coming from the two of you!" Professor Dhakiki, the Divination professor cried, as he circled Alexius and I chanting an ancient Arabic charm.

Just your average day in Divination, I suppose. The class snickered, as Alexius and I stood up front being circled by a professor screaming in a language no one recognized. I felt like this was a punishment because we were both late for his class.

I only stood face flushed bright red, while Alexius danced next to me—soaking in the attention. Walter sat next to Lavender, clutching his stomach unable to stop himself from his hysterical laughter.

Lavender; though not laughing as hard, was very much laughing as well. Actually, now that I looked at it, the rest of the class was pretty much laughing. Looking Tom, I was surprised to find a grin on his lips—as he too let out a few chuckles.

I mean, it was understandable. Here was me just standing next to Alexius as he did the running man. Alexius started saying words in gibberish, nodding along with the professor.

"Alexius," I groaned, covering my face with my hands. "Please stop."

Alexius scoffed, suddenly stopping in his dancing. "You're right, dance with me." He stated, causing me to glare at him.

I scoffed a laugh. "No." Alexius narrowed his eyes at my refusal, Walter cheering me on to dance in the background.

An idea peaked in his gaze, as Alexius turned facing Tom Riddle who sat at a table with both Abraxas and Nott flanking his sides. "Tom, just so you know-" The Antichrist was cut off by me.

"WOBBLE, BABY!" I shouted, both my shout and the professor's chants successfully covering Alexius's voice.

Alexius turned to me in amusement as I danced, him joining me just a second after.

"I hate you." I told him as the two of danced like dunderheads, Dhakiki continuing to circle us.

"Oh, you love me." He smiled, showing off his dimples.

The scene in front of the class, caused for the class to fully begin breaking down in laughter. In front Abraxas and Nott were crying from the amusement. Tom only shook his head smirking, desperately trying himself not to fall prey to the laughter.

"TELL ME WHAT IT IS YOU TWO FEEL!" Dhakiki shouted, Alexius wasting no time in replying.

"I feel alive!" He dramatically, clapped his hands while swivelling his hips. "I also am finding it immensely hard to ignore the beauty that is Sandy Greene." Alexius winked to the sixth year Gryffindor, who blushed.

"RHIANNON!" Dhakiki shouted, making me groan. "WHAT DO YOU FEEL?"

"LIKE I'M ABOUT TO DO THE SPLITS!" That was my shout before I dropped to the splits.

Colors danced across my sight, as a yelp of pain escaped me. I hadn't done the splits since I was eleven, and obviously age was a big factor in that. Alexius stopped dancing mouth dropping open, the class going silent for just a second before exploding in untamed laughter.

Tom looked to me with both amusement and concern lingering his eyes. Professor Dhakiki finally stopped circling us, and no longer chanted the phrases.

He laughed a bit as well, waving us off. "Okay, your punishment is over. Though, I do warn you if you are ever late again it will be ten times worse." Dhakiki was the only professor I think who would ever allow for a punishment to be dancing in the middle of the class like that.

"Alexius, I need help standing up." Alexius gripped my arms, heaving me up.

I sighed in relief, the pain subsiding. Just as we were about to walk back to sit next to Lavender and Walter, the professor stopped us.

"Okay, everyone partner up—we'll be doing pair work." Dhakiki announced, I turned to Alexius ready to make him my partner until I saw his gaze drifting to Sandy.

"Oh no," I scowled, making Alexius turn to me with a pleading look. "You are not ditching me so you can get a good shag later." Alexius sighed in defeat, before his eyes lit up.

Pivoting on his heel, he turned to face Tom who was just standing from his table. "TOM!" His shout caught the Slytherin boy's attention, making him look to us. "My sister wants to be your partner, but is too shy to ask." I nearly punched Alexius then and there.

Subconsciously, I brought my fist back ready to lay a good one on his face. Alexius noticed letting out a small yelp, before scampering off to the happy figure of Sandy Greene. I was tapped on the shoulder just a moment later by non other than Tom Riddle.

"You don't need to be shy, love." His British accent, made my stomach churn, but I held strong.

Looking down, I scowled a blush no doubt burning on my cheeks. "My brother is a liar." Tom only smirked, motioning us to a table to sit.

With a breath, I flung myself on the chair—Tom following in suit. "Okay, all I want you to do for the remaining minutes of class is talk about your personal philosophy." Dhakiki explained, Tom smirking in response.

Looking to Tom, I rose a brow. "Well, what's your philosophy?" The questioned rolled off my tongue curiously.

Tom sat back in his chair smugly, stretching his long legs under the table. I yelped when he purposely bumped his legs onto mine, forcing for me to move them. He rubbed his hand on his chin, looking as if he was in deep thought.

He watched me with eyes cold as ice. "There is no good or evil. Only power and those too weak to seek it out." I took a breath of surprise, realizing this was a moment I could use to change Tom.

Looking to him softly, I leaned toward him. "Of course there's good and evil, Tom." Tom's gaze hardened as he leaned in as well.

He narrowed his eyes in slight disappointment. "Hmm, I thought you were different. I was under the impression that you weren't under the same fictionalonious belief as everyone else." He clucked his tongue in disappointment, sneering down at me. "I suppose I was wrong."

I gave a small laugh in reply, "It's not fictionalonious." Tom looked to me through hooded eyes. "You think too much and feel too little, Tom. Don't you see there is always a battle line for good and evil, it runs through every person. No matter if you fight for the light or dark, the battle is always raging. The wish to act out for yourself, and the guilt that comes with price of your action." Tom looked at me through a sort of pondering gaze.

Tom let out a breath, a ghost of a smile appearing on his lips. "You sure do have wise words, but being honest—the world around us isn't perfect. In order to get what you wish you need to play dirty, you need to take what you want. Good and evil, light and dark, that only gets in the way." I tilted my head, looking to Tom.

"Tom, when I say light and dark—I don't mean whether you choose to copy off someone else's homework or help an old woman cross the street. I mean something so much bigger, something I can't even explain." I thought about the demons and angels who chose to destroy humanity.

Tom hummed, looking to me no longer in disappointment, but fascination. "Listen to me, Tom." Tom sat up straighter at my change of tone. "You will do big things one day, you will have a lot of power, I know it." My tone held assurance. "However, how you choose to use your power is entirely up to you. All I ask is you think before you act, you're brilliant Tom. Use your brilliance to help the world." Tom looked surprised at the desperation no doubt in my gaze. "Please."

We held gazes for a moment before he looked away nodding. Clearing my throat, I shook off the serious atmosphere.

"Mine is, when the world turns its back on you, you turn your back on the world." I quoted the Lion King.

Tom scoffed shaking head, looking to me with narrowed eyes. "Are you kidding me? You were just talking about good and evil. You're such a hypocrite." I smiled at that, knowing just how true his words.

I was a slight hypocrite in that case.

"Well, unlike most beliefs—I don't see a fine line between good and bad. I see a thick grey ocean separating the two. In my opinion a lot of actions that aren't necessarily good or bad fall into that category. For example, let's just say Dumbledore killed Grindelwald, most would believe that's bad, but is it really?" Tom seemed to contemplate the answer as well. "Grindelwald himself has killed many for his own gain, wouldn't Dumbledore killing him save many other people from dying. A lot of people say Avada Kedavra is the ultimate evil, but in my eyes it depends on what you're using it for. If you are using it for selfish reasons, than yes, that would be considered evil. But, if you're using it for and I hate saying this 'the greater good', than no, that is not evil." I stopped my rant seeing Tom watching me with pure interest coating his eyes.

Tom hummed to himself, tapping his fingers against the desk. "That is quite the adequate theory for someone who claims they are nothing more than a delinquent." I smirked at Tom's words, his face twisting in confusion.

"I never said I was just a delinquent." Tom's expression went blank before he suddenly leaned forward.

"Malfoy found nothing over your family this summer, Lightly. Now, for something like that to happen seems very illegal, so I will ask you; who are you?" I looked to Tom blankly, as he tried reading me.

Mockingly I placed a hand over my heart. "Who am I?" I questioned as if shocked, before pointing to Tom accusingly. "Who are you with your perfect hair and your brilliance." Tom gave me an unamused look as I grinned in a cheesy way at him.

Scoffing at his seriousness, I quickly racked my brain for any excuse. "For your information, the U.S. only has pureblood families, with the occasional halfblood thrown into the numbers—we don't keep families on record. If Malfoy doesn't know that than he is an idiot." Tom only grumbled in response, standing to pack his bag.

I did the same, seeing as the bell was due to ring any minute now. Tom was one of the first to exit the room, me sending him a wink as he left, something he most definitely didn't miss. The blood boiled to his pale cheeks, making me smile even wider.

I just made Tom Riddle blush.

~

That night both Lavender and I laid on our beds pillows covering our ears. The Gryffindor's decided to throw a party between the fifth, sixth, and seventh years down in the common room. Now, normally I would be all over a party. However, tonight I was unusually tired. I planned on going to sleep early and sleeping in tomorrow considering it was Saturday.

Unfortunately my plans of going to sleep early were destroyed when this party started. I couldn't imagine anyone getting sleep with the noise they were making. Alexius wanted to participate in the party as well, and was downstairs no doubt getting wasted.

It was finally around two that morning that the noise buzzed down and I was finally able to go to sleep. When my eyes cracked open at eight o'clock the next morning, I was immediately pissed. I noticed Lavender next to me looking the same way as she woke up.

I looked over to my to other two roommates who were lying on the bed looking nothing less than hung over. Their clothes were crumpled and hair splay around their face, but they still looked to be peacefully asleep.

Oh hell no, these people who made it impossible for me to sleep last night did not get to enjoy their slumber. Nope.

In a matter of second two large pans appeared in my hands, me not giving a damn about who could have saw. Besides Lavender was the only other one awake. Getting up from my bed, Lavender watched me curiously. Marching out of the room and down the corridors of the dormitories as if I was on a mission, I began banging the pans loudly.

"GET UP, GET UP!" I shouted throughout the girl's dorm rooms, girls groaning at the loud noise, me waking them up. "YOU DON'T GET TO SLEEP IF I DIDN'T!" Girls were forced awake because of the noise, glaring at me.

Once I was sure that every girl was awake, I moved down to the common room where I saw a few students from different houses sprawled around knocked out.

Banging the pans once more, I shouted in their ear. "GET UP!" My voice roared, suddenly going unnaturally loud—it almost sounded like a megaphone, I was once again grateful for being a Nephilim.

Dancing around like some psychopath as I banged the pans, I sang, "LET ME HEAR YOU SAY, GET UP! GET UP!" The students groaned, all of them leaving to no doubt go back to their own dormitories where they were safe.

A Slytherin male who I recognized as Nott glared at me as he left the common room, I was slightly surprised Slytherin house was welcome. However, I guess it didn't matter when it came to partying.

I went to the boys dormitory stairs, realizing they weren't cursed and walked up the steps. Of course, the first room I had to go into was the sixth year boys, the one Alexius and Walter slept in. I was quiet when I snuck in, raising a brow at Alexius's nude body under the comforter and an equally as naked female attached to his side. I recognized the naked girl as Sandy Greene. The other boys slept snoring, all of them no doubt hungover except for Walter who was laying on his bed reading a book. He turned to me with a curious expression, following my gaze to the naked couple.

Looking back at me the blonde male only shrugged, seeing the pans in my hands. With a huge grin he nodded, watching waiting for the scene to unfold. With a smirk, I winked to Walter raising the pans—getting my voice ready to scream megaphone style.

"I DIDN'T GET NO FUCKING SLEEP CAUSE' OF Y'ALL, Y'ALL NOT GONNA GET NO SLEEP CAUSE' OF ME!" I sang in a scream, deciding to quote the Bad Girls Club.

All the boy's jumped wide awake, looking to me in shock. Walter jumped as well obviously not expecting that loud of a shout. Alexius himself also jumped awake, the girl attached to him nearly falling off the bed.

Sandy looked around the room with a bright blush, hastily jumping out of bed allowing for everyone to see her nude form for barely even a second, before she was throwing her clothes on. As she passes by me on her way out, her cheeks burned bright and she avoided eye contact.

The guys all looked to me mouth agape, as I continued banging the pans and screaming. Moaning about how they couldn't sleep, they were all now wide awake, no chance of going back to sleep making me smirk.

Alexius glared at me, covering his face with his hands groaning. "Pan-" He cut himself off from saying my real name out of habit, no one in the dorm noticed except for Walter who looked between us with furrowed brows.

Clearing his throat, Alexius quickly fixed himself. "Rhiannon, get out and let us sleep."

Looking to him blankly, I calmly banged the pans together once more. "NO!" The roar that was my voice made every single person jump as I left the room making my way down the corridor screaming at everyone to get up.

My job was successfully done when every single person in Gryffindor tower was wide awake, glaring holes into my being. Not caring, I waltzed out of the tower wearing only the skirt and white shirt of the uniform.

Head held high, I made my way straight into the dungeons remembering last year when Tom entered the Gryffindor common room to make me study. Multiple Slytherin students sneered my way as I passed them, and it took me only a moment to notice that there were no other students down here except for Slytherin.

Venus Black and her two idiots sauntered pass me, Venus giving me a look of strong disdain as she walked by. Ignoring her, I continued on only coming to a halt by a blank wall. I had overheard Slytherin students talking about the entrance to the common room being behind a bare stretch of wall, considering this was the only bare stretch, I figured this had to be the entrance.

Now for the password. What could it be?

"Salazar Slytherin." I nearly burst out in laughter when the wall opened up revealing a small passageway.

Damn, Slytherin's were not creative.

As soon as the short passage ended I was greeted with the Slytherin common room. The Slytherin common room was a long, low underground room with rough stone walls and ceiling, from which round, greenish lamps were hanging on chains. A fire was crackling under an elaborately carved mantelpiece ahead of them, and several Slytherins were silhouette around it in carved chairs.

I looked out the windows, immediately noticing that only the deep depths of the black lake could be seen. Tilting my head, I smiled when I saw a giant squid wander by. Turning to face the common room once more, I could see that Tom sat in a large almost thrown like reading chair looking into the emerald flames—messing with the ring around his finger. He looked to be in deep thought.

I was about to say something to gain his attention until I saw that Nott sat on the couch about to drift off the sleep in the comfortable quiet of the Slytherin common room. Narrowing my eyes, I remembered he was one of the students I woke up early in the common room.

Wasting no time, I walked over to his steady breathing form. I poked him casually seeing his eyes open, as he looked up curiously. The brown of his eyes went hard upon what he saw, his face twisting into a look of disbelief.

"What the fuck!" He exclaimed, earning everyone's attention—complaints ringing on me being in the common room. "Did you follow me?"

I scoffed. "Much to your surprise, I have better things to do with my time, but just so you don't fall asleep," I cut myself off by slapping him across the face hard.

Gasps littered the room, as multiple students began yelling at me. Nott himself, started to reach for his wand, but was stopped short by Tom coming over.

"Nott let it go, Rhiannon come with me." Tom hissed, gripping the sleeve of my shirt.

Turning to face him, I smiled brightly. "Tom!" I expressed, eyes twinkling in unnatural joy—Tom looking to me in suspicion. "Just the person I was looking for, yes let's go on this fine Saturday!" Tom was wearing the normal uniform, except without the robe.

Pulling Tom's grip off my sleeve, I grabbed his hand holding it in my own making his widen in surprise. Multiple Slytherin students mouths dropped, them looking equally as flabbergasted as Tom. I didn't stick around to see what would happen next, only tugging Tom along with me out of the common room.

It was only when we were out of the dungeons that Tom seemed to gain his sense back, quickly pulling his hand away from mine. I only smiled in response, leading us down the corridors. Tom collected himself, before turning to me with a look of exasperation.

"How do you know the password?" I laughed at his words, shaking my head.

"It wasn't exactly hard, I mean Salazar Slytherin? Really? It's like your house wants people to break in." Tom grumbled at that, me snickering in response.

"It would be different if I was Head Boy and not that stupid seventh year." Tom scowled, me smiling at him.

"C'mon, we both know the spot's yours next year." It was true, Tom was to be Head Boy next year.

Tom hummed in acknowledgement as we walked outside, our trail down to the Black Lake spent in silence. It was when we got close to the shore that we froze looking to the sun which glared down on the lake causing it to twinkle.

A ghost a smile appeared on Tom's lips as we overlooked the magnificent lake. "You know," Tom started, his body inching slightly closer to my own. "It's odd because everyday I go into the common room, you know? And I see the very depths of this lake, the ghastly dangerous creatures that lurk underneath the surface. I think to myself how such a lake which looks just beautiful and harmless, can be so deadly." I smiled at Tom's comment turning to face him.

Looking down, I shuffled. "I wonder the same thing about you sometimes, Tom." Tom rose a curious brow at my comment, making me giggle a bit. "I know it sounds odd, but in way you're just like this lake. You put up this perfect image to everyone, like all you want to do is help everyone and be the best you can be," Tom and I both let out a laugh at that. "However, in reality you're far from that perfect image. In reality you're so ambitious that you would even be willing to kill to help yourself, when I look at you—all I see is pure danger." I admitted, not meeting Tom's gaze.

It was silent for a moment before Tom broke it. "Are you scared?" His voice was just notch above a whisper, a monotone.

Slowly, I looked into his steel gaze—a soft smiling coming to my lips. "No..." I trailed off. "Because I don't only see danger, I also see a broken boy who holds life in the palm of his hand—someone who has many doors of opportunities open for him in life." Tom glared down at me for barely a second, before his gaze softened and he looked to the lake.

"You, my darling Rhiannon Lightly, are my own little mystery." I laughed at his words, crossing my arms over my chest.

"You, my beloved Tom Riddle, live up to your name. I think you're the most complicated riddle of a person anyone has ever seen." Tom chuckled shaking his head at my comment.

There the two of us stood, looking out into the lake. I didn't know it then, but this situation would soon be a recurring activity for us.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

155K 5.1K 19
No one is completely good and no one is only bad. Every dark person chose that way. It could have been because of bad upbringing, hunger for power or...
65.8K 357 6
!EDITING THE STORY! !STORY ON HOLD! "You're mine now, so don't go behind my back. Because I'll find out and punish you," In which a girl who has been...
17.5K 452 14
❝She, the enigmatic force that has stirred my very soul, has driven me to the brink of madness. Her presence has led me astray from my lofty aspirati...
167K 3.1K 45
A Tom Riddle love story 《NOW COMPLETE 》 He is not supposed to feel love born under the influence of a love portion,but there are exceptions to every...