Wild Ones - Teen Wolf fan fic

By brandyn

My name is Artemis McCob. I'm 17 and I'm an orphan. I've been jumping from foster home to foster home since I... More

Wild Ones - Teen Wolf fan fic
Intro
Rough Start
First Day - Part Two/Mirror-Me
Magna Carta Libertatum
Party... or not.
Study
"A"
Batman - the daring rescue
Right here
Anemic
Sorry
Crazy
Strangers
Messenger
Dead or Alive
Prove it
How?
Home
[Hold Notice]
Authors note
Update 2013
Long Day
The Test
Lost & Found
Change
Just a heads up.
Control
Inevitable
Heat
Request
Plan
New
46
Admission
Echos
Next
Sawdust
Screamer
Man On Fire
Recalibrate
Fin
Hey
Wild Ones 2: De-Void

First Day - Part One

11.1K 244 73
By brandyn

Once free of the queen bitch's claws, I sprinted up the steps to the front double doors to Beacon Hills High School. I took a deep dramatic breath and then pushed on the door. Nothing. I pushed again. Still nothing. Glancing at my cell I checked the time. 7:57am. The school should be open...

"Hey, uh, you need some help?" I looked up to see someone walking toward me. He was medium height, hair shaved short, and a baby face. Overall, cute. He grasped the door handle and pulled and the door swung open with ease. He smiled and then covered his mouth with his hand in an obvious attempt to hide his laughter. I thought my hair would catch fire from the blush that was currently burning in my cheeks.

"Oh my god. Embarrassing. Thanks." I stepped past him into the school. And refused to make eye contact. This guy probably thought I was a total ditz! 'Ugh! Way to go, Missy. Way to fit in and stay under the radar. Now, he'll probably escort you to the special needs department!' I thought furiously.

"No worries. Happens all the time." He said, walking beside me.

"Really?" I asked, sarcasm dripping.

"Well no, but I think you should be granted a pass, being the new girl and all. I'm Stiles." He extended his hand and I shook it.

"Artemis. But I go by Missy." He gave me another smile. "Wierd. I know. My birth parents were really into Greek mythology. "

"No. No judgement here. Artemis. That's actually pretty cool. Stiles isn't my real name. My last name is Stilinski, so Stiles." He spoke really fast, like he was nervous. I smiled. He was really cute.

"So, what is your real name?" We had stopped in front of the front office doors. He winced and ran his hand through is hair.

"Your don't wanna know." I smiled and shrugged.

"Ok. Well, Stiles," I stretched his name for emphasis. "Thanks for... That. I swear I'm smart. I am. I guess its just not my day." He shrugged and adjusted his bag on his shoulder.

"You'll be fine. People around here won't bite you. Well at least most of them won't." I nodded, looking around. The halls were already packed with students and there was still half an hour until classes started.

"Well, I better get my stuff from the office. Will I see you later?" Stiles' eyes widened and he froze, as if in shock.

"You want to see me later?" I stare at him for a second, processing his question.

"Why wouldn't I?"

"Oh, no reason. It's just... Yeah, I'll see you at lunch. Cool." He seemed to stumble over his words. I smiled and then turned to enter the office. A short woman in a violent pink dress sat typing at a computer behind the desk. She looked up as I approached.

"Can I help you, Miss?" She asked, her voice slightly raspy like she'd smoked too many cigarettes.

"Yes, I'm new and I need my schedule and locker combination."

"Name?"

"Artemis McCob."

The woman looked up at me over her red rimmed glasses and smiled. Or at least attempted, it came out as more of a sneer.

"Artemis. My, what an unusual name." She began typing furiously at the keyboard and then stood and hobbled over to the printer. She snatched a few papers up and then handed them to me.

"There you are. The top sheet is your schedule, the second is your school code of conduct, and the last is your locker number and combo. Good luck." With that she flopped back into her chair and it was as if I didn't exist. I quietly thanked her and then left the room scanning the third sheet for my locker number. 378. Luckily there was also a map of the school. I followed the map through the busy hallways until I finally found my locker. I managed to open the locker quickly and without any problems. 'Thank god it wasn't another push or pull door, Artemis.' I thought, embarrassment flooding me again. I quickly stuffed my bag into the locker and took out my binder and pen bag and cellphone. Turning to head to my first class, I crashed into someone.

"Oh! Sorry! Sorry, I wasn't paying attention. Sorry!" I looked up quickly then looked away in, again, embarrassment. Another boy. 'Way to go, Artemis. Keep this up, you'll be sure to be single for the rest of your time here.'

"No, it was my fault. I was in a hurry. I wasn't looking where I was going." The boy smiled. He was handsome, with thick dark hair, light eyes and a soft face. He held out his hand. "I'm Matt."

I clasped his hand and shook. "Missy" I decided to skip the strange name game this time.

"Well, I don't mean to hit and run, but I need to get going. Maybe we'll run into each other again?" Without waiting for an answer, he turned his back on me and hurried away.

"Ok." I said to Noone in particular. 'Well this is turning into an eventful day...' I thought. Shaking it off, I looked at my map again and went to look for my history class.

***************************

It was twenty minutes later and I must've circled the school half a dozen times and I couldn't find the damn history room. I checked my cell phone. 8:27am. Great. I was going to be late. The warning bell rang suddenly, making me nearly jump out of my skin. Stopping a random group of girls, I asked them where my class was, but they weren't sure, being freshmen and relatively new themselves.

"I think its down in the science wing." A short freckled girl pipped in. Seeing as that was my best bet, I thanked her and made my way to the science wing, checking my phone repeatedly. 8:30am. The bell rang.

"Ugh!" I growled to myself. 'I get to school early and still manage to be late to class.' I ran the rest of my way until I came to the science wing. I stalked past open doors where classes were in session and could overhear teachers explaining the syllabus to the students. Room 214. Room 216. Room 218. 'Finally.' I thought, adjusting my binder in my arms and then silently slipping in to the room, hoping to go unnoticed. No such luck.

"Your must be Miss McCob. Students, Miss McCob is our newest addition to Beacon Hills. I expect you'll make her feel welcome. Miss McCob, if you'd please take a seat beside Mr. Wittemore, class can begin." The teacher waved me toward a seat in the back beside who I assumed must be "Mr. Wittemore".

He was attractive, with immaculate hair, a button down shirt with a few top buttons open to reveal the beginning of a flawless chiseled chest, and a strong jawline. His light grey/blue eyes weren't bad to look at either. I prayed that I looked half decent and began my approach.

"Hey." I looked to my left to see Stiles in the seat directly in front of mine. He was grinning up at me and his expression reminded me of an over excited cockerdoodle (a hyper active breed of dog for those of you unfamiliar with the name).

"Hey." I smiled and slid into my seat, fully aware of all eyes on me, including Mr. Wittemore's. I felt my cheeks begin to flame, so I quickly propped my cheek in my right hand and rested my elbow on my desk as casually as possible to shield my face from the boy on my left.

The teacher cleared his throat and began handing out slips of papers and explained that our parents were to sign them and we were to turn them back in by Friday. All the while, I could feel Wittemore's eyes on me, making the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end, and my stomach do somersaults. Suddenly a small crumpled up piece of paper landed on my desk. Looking around, I quickly smoothed it out and read:

'Hey, I'm bored. So let's play 20 questions.

1. Where did you just move from?

-Stiles'

I looked up to see Stiles peeking over his shoulder at me. He caught my eye and smiled, but his smile faltered and he whipped around to the front when something, or someone on my left caught his eye. I chanced a glance to the left to see Wittemore glaring daggers into the back of Stiles' head.

'Ok. Seattle, Wash.

1. Who is this Wittemore kid? And why does he seem to hate you?'

I slipped the paper down the collar of Stiles' shirt, eliciting a cross between a yelp and a squeal from him. The teacher stopped and gave Stiles a look that could kill.

"Is there a problem, Mr. Stilinski?"

Stiles' reached his arm behind him, pretending to stretch and retrieving the note, said casually, "Sorry, I make baby dinosaur noises when I stretch. Please, continue."

There were a few sniggers and giggles, but the teacher just rolled his eyes and continued his lecture. I had to bite my knuckles to keep from bursting out in a fit of laughter, but I managed. Stiles' tossed the note back a few moments later.

'First, that counts as two questions. Second, down my shirt? Really?! Third, that's Jackson. He and I don't always see eye to eye. And he's really not the best person to be around. Now, my turn. I'm gunna ask two. What's your favorite color? And, do you have a boyfriend?'

'Deep forest green. And no. Why? ' I gently tossed the note over Stiles' shoulder and waited. I could not believe how the class wasn't all unconscious. This teacher seemed to drone on and on. Again, I propped my head in my hands and stared at the clock.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

554K 14K 27
Upon moving into Beacon Hills, all Riley Bales expected was to have to adjust to her new home. That's what everybody would do in her situation, isn't...
3.9K 95 9
Stiles is thrown out of the FBI program, Stiles is furious with knowing it's because of Scott. Stiles needs/wants to show Scott how he feels, but kno...
499 37 16
Well Beacon Hills just got a whole lot more dangerous. __________________________________________________ This is a Teen Wolf fan fiction and I will...
2.2K 18 31
This is a Stiles Stilinski x Reader fanfiction that follows the story line of teen wolf with some changes. Your relationship will face outside and in...