crucio ━ harry potter (1)

By harringtonsbloom

KILLING CURSE SERIES || in which the daughter of sirius black discovers she is destined to destroy the wizard... More

introduction and cast
graphic portfolio + scene manips
volume
i. Crucio vs engorgio skullus
ii. The singing lady
iii. the inner eye and lessons
iv. trevor the toad
v. boggart in the wardrobe
vi. late nights
vii. halloween disappointment
viii. rebellious gryffindors
vix. downfall of quidditch
x. lupin's favouritism
xii. christmas toll
xiii. chocolate cake
xv. the start of the damage
xv. full moon
𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝟮: 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗚𝗢𝗕𝗟𝗘𝗧 𝗢𝗙 𝗙𝗜𝗥𝗘
i. Lonely days
ii. morsmordre
iii. the unforgivables
iv. inevitably doomed
vi. unknown parcels
vii. sky full stars
viii. the dog
ix. broken hearts (for more than one)
x. matchmaking
xi. the yule ball (part1)
xii. the yule ball (part2)
xiii. a lonesome christmas
xiv. a splash of water
xv. scarlet women
xvi. incapable of human emotions?
xvii. potter for the win
xviii. the return
xvix. a (not so) cheery family reunion
𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝟯: 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗢𝗥𝗗𝗘𝗥 𝗢𝗙 𝗣𝗛𝗢𝗘𝗡𝗜𝗫
i. drunk words, sober mind
ii. grimmauld place
iii. humble encounters
iv. joys of parenthood
v. difference in demeanour
vi. star wars marathon
vii. black roses
viii. luke's intentions
ix. the boy who lies
x. the first day
xi. detention
xii. saturday
xiii. beckham hampton
xiv. the longbottoms
xv. high inquistor
xvi. hog's head
xvii. hagrid's tale
xviii. the dream
xix. the dragon
xx. the accident
xxi. long overdue
xxii. goodbyes
xxiii. déjà vu
xxiv. arthurs attack
xxv. christmas*
xxvi. times turning
xxvii. chess
xxviii. beckham's theme
xxix. a bad day
xxxi. the start of the downfall
xxxii. o.w.l.s*
xxxiii. caught
xxxiv. ministry of magic
xxxv. loss of control
xxxvi. conjoined
xxxvii. bittersweet ending
𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝟯.𝟱: 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗥𝗘𝗩𝗢𝗟𝗨𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡
i. The change
ii. search for sirius
iii. acceptance
𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝟰: 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗛𝗔𝗟𝗙 𝗕𝗟𝗢𝗢𝗗 𝗣𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗖𝗘
i. the reawakening
ii. unexpected arrivals
iii. weeks
iv. her hope
v. flames arise*
vi. open grave
vii. the boy and girl who lived
viii. don't go breaking my heart
ix. control
x. love
xi. reality hits
xii. adjustment
xiii. tiny dragons
xiv. "why is it always you four?"
xv. gryffindor party of broken hearts
xvi. hyperion
xvii. the party of jealously
xviii. the aftermath
xvix. a different christmas
xx. the ski resort part one
xxi. the ski resort part two
xxii. ron's birthday
xxiii. the aleksanders*
xxiv. felix felicis
xxv. the four sisters
xxvi. sectumsempra
xxvii. tequila
xxviii. crash
xxix. runskin
xxx. bliss
xxxi. the plans
xxxii. the last dance
xxxiii. melancholy
xxxiv. obilerate*
time skip:
01. aurora's lament
02. Accomplice
iii. strangers
epilogue
BOOK TWO IS PUBLISHED

v. punches and the hungarian horntail

35.7K 1.5K 2.5K
By harringtonsbloom

✦✧✦
CHAPTER FIVE:
PUNCHES AND THE HUNGARIAN HORNTAIL
✦✧✦

     October came in bright red and orange leaves that say perched on the floor outside Hogwarts. To say her fourth year was going shit would be an understatement. Firstly, Professor Moody hates her. Secondly, Harry legally had to do the Tournament.
And lastly, for the first time ever, Harry and Ron were in the middle of an argument.

    Harry being Harry wasn't going to make the first move. Ron being Ron wouldn't either. His reason for being angry was because: He thought Harry put his name in the Goblet and didn't tell him how he could.

      Aurora sits with her head under her left arm as she groans to Professor Trelawney's voice.

   She had been trying to convince the class that the position of Mars, in relation to Saturn, at the moment meant that people born in July were in great danger of sudden, violent deaths.

              That's great, Aurora grins, she was a Capricorn so she had nothing to worry about.

  " Well that's just great," she heard Harry say loudly from beside her, " just as long as it's not drawn out then, I don't want to suffer."

         Ron appeared as though he was about to start   laughing, but quickly stops when realizing Harry saw him.

       After this the two of them left the Divination classroom. Right, oddly enough, Hermione had declared that she would eat lunch with Ron, and Aurora would stay with Harry. According to her, she had a better chance of keeping Harry calm. 

     "Want me to summon you a napkin so you can wipe your eyes before your task?" a voice sneered.

   Her and Harry turn around. It was Crabbe, followed by a few other Slytherin's who were laughing. They had been taunting Harry all week. A couple days before hand, he had an interview with some woman from the Daily Prophet.

     In a nice way, it made Harry out to be some sort of crybaby.

   Aurora took out her wand. Before Harry could input she marched over and shoved him against the wall. She pressed her wand to his throat.

    "Apologise now or I'm going to turn your head into a fat toad."

   "Just leave it." Harry requested. "You've already got detention for hexing Pansy. You've done enough, Aurora, really."

     "You're lucky Harry is so forgiving." she whispers in a low voice to Crabbe. "I'm not."

    The boy scrambled down to the floor, gathering his books before running away.

     Harry reaches forward practically pulling her away. "It's fine, really."

   "No it's not, not at all." she replied in honesty. "You don't deserve this."

    "Hey Harry." a new voice began.

    "Yeah that's right," Harry shouted, as the two them continue walking. "I've just been crying my eyes out over my dead mum and just off to do a bit more..."

    Aurora doesn't hesitate to not laugh at this. She does, and it even brings a bit of laughter from him.

   "No. No you dropped your quill," the same voice said. She turns and it was Cho. She handed Harry his quill, and Aurora saw their hands touch.

   Harry's face beamed red. "Oh right, sorry Cho."

   "It's alright. Good luck Tuesday." 

   "He doesn't need luck." Aurora imputed, "I'll be there."

   Cho left after this, she did send her a small look however. It was a confused one.

    Aurora leaned forward and pressed a finger to Harry's cheek. "You're blushing."

"I am?"

"Yeah." she mentions light heartedly towards him, the two of them enter the Great Hall, and sit down. She pours herself coffee. "So, have you talked with Ron?"

   "He's being childish."

   "Really?"

   "Yeah, you're right. He's being a proper prat."

   Under her breath, she gives a small chuckle. "You will make up with him soon. I know you miss him."

    "I do not." he protested, flinging his arms up dramatically. "Oh, look here they come."

   Her eyes flicker to Ron and Hermione who both sit beside him. Actually, not beside them. There's a large space, that's so obviously done.

    "Stunningly pretty?" the voice of Pansy Parkinson made her slowly turn around. She was with the other Slytherin girls, laughing lowly. One of them was pointing at Hermione. "Her?"

      They were talking about Rita Skeeter's article where she spoke about Hermione's beauty.

    Pansy's laugh echoed in her ears. When Aurora turns back she saw Hermione had heard.

    Aurora had a bad temper.

    Sometimes she could control it. Usually, she could. When it was something about herself then yes, she could. But when it came to offending someone else, her friends, it was like a switch went off in her head and she got angry.

Don't do it.

Do not do it.

McGonagall will kill her. 

  "What was the judging against?" Pansy cackles. "A chipmunk?"

    That's it. Really, she thinks, that's fucking it.

    It happened quickly, and she ended up practically flinging herself at Pansy. Correction, she flung her fist at Pansy. Not once, but twice. The second one was weak but, with the crack she received from the first punch, she had done her job finely.

    Pansy screamed out. "She's killing me! She's killed me!"

    Fred and George had to pull her back.

    "Oh, I will you pug-faced toad," she snaps, ignoring the snickers the twins gave. She went to go forward again, but Fred pulled her back.

    Pansy and her goon friends all took out their wands. However, so many people had gathered around, and she heard someone yell for a Professor.

    "I don't care if they're girls!" she heard Ron bellow. "I'll hex them if I have to!"

    One spell was thrown at her, but Hermione deflected it. No more is casted because McGonagall comes through the crowd. She yells, for the first time at the both of them.

   "My office!" McGonagall said towards her.

   "My office." she mocked lowly before following her. She groans. "My hand hurts."

  "Nice punch." Harry whispers, giving her a small shoulder squeeze when she walked by.

    Harry and Ron absolutely loved it when she fought with Pansy. The two admitted it. They found it entertaining.

    She follows McGonagall to her office. 

    "Aurora. This isn't the first physical fight you've had with a student. And it's not the first with Miss Parkinson." McGonagall folded her arms. "This can't go on any longer. I will not tolerate any of my students hitting another student. Let alone, twice. That is not the way you solve something-"

      The way she grew up, it was different.

   "-you have to apologise to Parkinson."

    "I'm not apologising." she replies stubbornly. "She has bullied Hermione for years. She's a horrible person. I did what I did. Give me detention, suspend me, but I am not going to go and apologise."

  McGonagall sighed. "I do not want to suspend you. It would not be fair if I let you away with no punishment, you need to apologise." 

    "No."

    "I'll have to send a letter home, then."

    She remained emotionless. "I'm not apologising."

    McGonagall sighed, and allowed her to leave. She left the room, and goes straight to the Common Room. She enters it, holding her hand with a frown. It does wipe away when she realises everyone was in the common room.

   Everyone clapped.

  Ah well, she thought, it was completely worth it.

✦✧✦

   When Tuesday Morning arrived, she walks down to the Quidditch Pitch. She walks alongside Luke who had decided to come and watch the match. Harry found out what the task was thankfully, and it was dragons.

     "You look freezing." Luke commented, from beside her.

   Aurora was glad she didn't wear a skirt right now. The breeze was horrendous and she was cold. She wore a pair of cuffed jeans, with a black belt, and Harry's jumper. She thought it was show some sort of support for him. She had a woolly scarf on her also, as well as a bobbled hat.

     "I'm not," she answers. "Are you?"

     "Full moon is coming up. I'm roasting." he said in response. He gestured to his plain white shirt. "Are you able to do this month. I know you've been busy with Enzo-"

    "Woah, woah, no no no." she quickly interjects. "Of corse I am coming. Enzo is just..a...friend..who I occasionally snog. You're so much more at that." she told him from the heart. "Seriously? If I'm ever with Enzo and you wanna talk, just come to me or give me a signal."

   Luke sent her a small smile.

   "Can you find us some seats? I wanna check on Harry before this starts." she asks him and he nods before searching for some. She looks around before spotting the tent.

   She whistled. She bellowed loudly.

   "Potter! Potter! Potter!"

    Load and behold, in all his glory, Harry's head pops out from the tent. He doesn't full come out, only leans against the fabric.

   "I can't leave. Dumbledore is coming any minute, plus it's only champions who can enter. It's a stupid rule." Harry lowly says. "How is your hand?"

    "It's painful. I heard I broke Pansy's nose."

    "You did. Apparently Pomfrey had to perform three different bone mending spells." 

     She could practically feel him smiling, from the other side of the tent.

   "I'm going to do horrible. I'll come last."

   "You're going to do fine." she encouraged as she nudges him, " You are Harry James Potter you defeated Lord Voldemort!"

         It was like she couldn't explain it, she was best friends with Harry, Hermione and Ron.He was someone that she never wanted to part with. Someone she would contagiously smile around. He always cheered her up. She wanted nothing but happiness for him. He was her bestfriend.

        Harry stares at her incredulously. "That doesn't make me feel any better."

  "Harry look into my perfect eyes! You can do this. It doesn't matter whether or not you come first, second or last, who cares? It's just a stupid competition for the male specimen to prove that their amazing. In my opinion I hope Fleur wins but I guess you do have a bit of a lucky streak going on."

         Harry blinks unsurely. " Er thanks. . .?"

   Her personality was so like Sirius', he thinks, she never took anything in life seriously, and tended to be optimistic.

             "Also, if I spot one more person with that stupid badge, I will will case mayhem. Trust me, Har, your going to do great and if not who cares, you've got an entire Gryffindor house rooting for you, you've got Hermione and I-"

      "I would rather the entire Gryffindor house hate me if it mean Ron would be on my side."

       A small frown built it's way on her lips. Harry and Ron were inseparable. The two of them not talking caused an awkward riff through all the boys in their house according to Neville. Harry adored Ron which was obvious, and Ron likewise, no one needed to say it but the bond the both of them had was irreplaceable, and clearly was effecting them both.

       "Ron will come around, but don't think about red haired boy just think about the dragon." she swiftly changed subject, " You better get going, they just put your name up. Good luck, Har."

         Aurora then did the one that would most defiantly make Harry loose focus in his tournament. She flicked the tent's cover away and leaned over pressing a kiss against his left cheek.

             Harry watched her go; battle a dragon sounded better than admitting what that girl was doing to him.

    Hours after the task the Weasley twins got six crates of Fire Whiskey, and Butterbeer, and a whole tray of food from the kitchen. Hermione was talking to Victor Krum over in the corner of the room.

       Harry had defeated the dragon only getting a couple of bruises and five stitches to his face as well.

   He was in the middle of the common room talking to the Padma who was in Ravenclaw and Parvati who was in Gryffindor, both girls practically drooling over him.

      Thats funny, Aurora thought bitterly, they weren't drooling over him until he completed the task.

   Aurora rolled her eyes and sips on the drink.

   "Hello Rory. Care to try a custard cream?" Fred and George stop singing as they strutted over with a tray full of the creamed biscuits.

       Aurora who was now in mid sentence with Dean and Seamus, stops talking as her eyes went towards the two grinning twins.

     "I would rather die."

     She said this for one reason and one reason only: their shop. The two twins had spent the entire trip to the World Cup explaining to Aurora about their idea to run a prank shop.

    They even offered Aurora a three way partner ship, they had spent the entire summer testing out new ingredients.

        (Plus considering she was the only one with enough money to even start it, she was their best sho )

     Fred turns to Neville whose cheeks were almost as red as the common room. "Neville?"

          The Weasley twins were hard to refuse, with there matching grins, influenced eyes that made a lot of the girls in Hogwarts swoon.

         Neville shrugs in delight as he picks up two,  without even saying anything he plopped them both into his mouth with a smile towards Fred and George who smirked towards Aurora who rolled her eyes.

        A second went by and then Neville suddenly began to gag, making a few heads then and before anyone could say anything he molded into a large canary making the entire common room burst into laughter. It was only for a few seconds before Neville turned back to his usual chirpy self but it was rather funny, even Neville was laughing.

   "Canary Creams! George and I invented them," Fred says loudly. "Seven sickles each, bargain!"

            Aurora's eyes widen as she grabs the entire tray shoving them into her pocket, ignoring the confused look Fred and George gave her.

         "Professor Moody." she shortly explains giving a wink towards the five boys standing around her. "He complained about my lack of commitment during lessons, told me I'm lazy. The audacity."

         "What a dick." Fred agrees.

         "Give him all of those!" George suggests.

     Aurora feels a nudge into her rib, Neville gestured towards the center of the room where Harry and Ron were exchanging words.

    "Reckon you have to be mad to put your name in the goblet of Fire, say you'd have to be blimen mental!"

       Harry tore his eyes away the golden egg in his hands and towards Ron. "Caught on have you? Took you long enough."

    "At least I warned you about the dragons."

   Harry pulled a face. " Hagrid warned me about the dragons."

  "No, no, no, don't you remember? I told Hermione to tell you that Seamus told Parvati who told Dean that Hagrid was looking for you. Seamus never actually told me anything, so it was me all along."

         "Oh well thanks." Harry says awkwardly.

           "Boys." Hermione mutters standing across from them both with watery eyes.

            Everyone was suddenly shoved back including Aurora who was shoved back into Seamus, who almost fainted at this.

    A moment later Rita appeared.

   "Harry Potter!" she shrieked, "May I have a word? Perhaps some words about the task you just managed to get through-!"

  " Yeah you can have a word," Harry lips pulled into a sarcastic smile, " Goodbye."

  The women was left standing in the middle of the common room. Harry gestured for Ron and Hermione to follow him after Hermione whispered something into Harry's ear.

        For a second Aurora was confused as they simply walked out. They didn't look for her? They simply left, in their huddled little trio without her.

          Aurora's temper was starting to run short with them three.

          Then she thinks the worst, the one thing she never l wanted to think about; Were they trying to stop being friends with her because she was a Black? The realization hit her, it was exactly because of that. They had been rather huddled since last year since the news of Sirius broke out and now they were slowly unwrapping themselves from her.

            "You look upset, buttercup."

      Aurora turns around at the familiar voice. Enzo, for once rather than wearing the ridiculous robes, he was wearing a red Gryffindor jumper and a pair of casual jeans.

     She eyed him up and down, the frown disappearing as she shoved what had just happened into the back of her head. He extends his arms for a hug which she accepted.

     "No I'm fine. You look hot." she mentions. "Blue is your colour."

    It takes Aurora a second to realize how blank and blunt she was.

      "I was just about to say the same. Do you wanna go get a drink? I'm not exactly sure what a Fire whiskey is, but I saw the two red haired twins drinking it. They looked pretty happy."

         Aurora lets a smile crack her lips as she nods, gesturing for him to lead the way. Right after, he reached down intertwining their hands together.

✦✧✦

aurora is so aggressive oml

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41K 1.1K 17
I did violence to my own heart. Marauders Era / Regulus Black. Sourfaeries, 2021. All Rights Reserved. [ previously c...
39.8K 827 52
Ella Barnes is quiet with a timid personality until she befriends the infamous Marauders. She starts to come out of her shell and find herself more...
209K 7.4K 41
And if I breathe you, will it kill me? James Potter / oc © aquamcnti 2023
113K 3.5K 35
𝗰𝗹𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘁 - it's only a week into his sixth year and sirius black is already bored out of his mind; so when he catches one of his classmates li...