You Stole My Heart

By Storm-And-Snow

Nerdy, invisible and unpopular, Sarah wishes for everything she doesn't have-including football star hottie Z... More

CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
BONUS CHAPTER
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
CHAPTER FORTY
CHAPTER FOURTY-ONE
CHAPTER FOURTY TWO
CHAPTER FOURTY THREE
CHAPTER FOURTY FOUR
CHAPTER FOURTY FIVE
EPILOGUE UPDATE!!!!

CHAPTER NINE

362 8 0
By Storm-And-Snow

Chapter 9

Surprises and Nutella-dipped strawberries

I swear this is going to feel like one of the longest five days of my life. Homecoming week is the same every year. Everyone gets super excited for the dance. All the girls talk about is what they will wear or who's asked them and all they guys have on their minds is who they'll take home that night. They try and keep it a secret but we all know the nasty thoughts running through their tiny minds... I, on the other hand, really just want to die.

Sabrina has become the Chief of Campaigning. Her life goal in high school has been to be first Homecoming Queen and the Prom Queen. It's mainly Prom, but Homecoming is kinda like a 'build up', apparently showing her 'competition' that they shouldn't mess with her (I really have no idea who her competition are, but I say let delusional dogs lie). She has posters everywhere, goes around, every lunch, with her goons, handing out 'vote for me' muffins (well to everyone but myself, naturally) and some how got the lady in admin to let her use the PA system during the daily announcements, telling us all that a Vote for Sabrina is a vote for happiness. FML!

Although, it seemed to me like I wasn't the only one feeling Sabrina's Queen sized ego...

During lunch today, I was about to come out of the bathroom stall when I heard the cries of a teenage drama bitch, the one and only Sabrina.

"How could you mess this up?!?! I expected this from someone down right stupid like Brittany, just never from you!!! I asked you to do one thing for me and you couldn't even do that properly!!!"

Wow, who ever this person is, they must have messed up big time because Sabrina was now in full rage mode.

"I'm sorry, okay?? Darlene, from the hair and nail salon said that your appointment was set for Friday?? I don't know how it was cancelled??"... Shame, I wonder who the poor souls is. Hang on, I know that voice... She's been Sabrina's right hand 'woman' ever since we all remember. "Plus, I thought you, Britt and I said we were going to get done together. Wasn't that the plan??"

"Well guess what, the plans have changed. I only let professionals near this hair and face. So you and Brittany can go and do whatever the hell you want on Friday because nothing else means more to me than getting that crown. Got it?? Now I want my hair and make up appointment booked and ready with a hand massage when I get there. NO excuses or you will be sorry."

I made sure Sabrina had left before slowly coming out of the stall. I knew it. She was screaming at Amelia. The last time I had an encounter with her, was actually in the exact same bathroom we stand in now, when Brittany toppled coffee on me. Even though she seems like a heartless idiot, I dislike her 0.5% less than the other two. Amelia sees me come out of the bathroom stall, and tries to wipe away the tears as quickly as she can. I've been in this situation many times, so I know how she feels.

"You okay? I heard what happened." Well duh she knows that.

"Yeah, whatever. I'm fine."

"I know how it feels to be overwhelmed by Sabrina and -"

"Look, I don't need your pity! In fact, I don't actually understand why you're speaking to me? Just because you heard something, doesn't mean you know what is going and it certainly doesn't mean you can involve yourself where your definitely not wanted."

"I wasn't trying to involve myself anywhere."

"Good! And I promise you, if this whole incident is mentioned to ANYONE, I will make you regret coming to this bathroom in the first place. Got it?"

"Okay..."

She swiftly walks out with the clicking of her high heels trailing behind. Well, what did I expect. Once a bitch, always a bitch.

I promised myself I wouldn't be caught up in all this crap, but dear Carley is just drowning me in details of who would go to who's house for afternoon before make up and hair prep. She seems more like a business woman scheduling a meeting rather than a super girly girl getting all excited for a dance. Even though she's changed a bit since dating Blake, she still hasn't gone too far into the dark side (or the 'hot-pink' side) and is still that punk rocky chick I became best friends with. It's why I can still keep my mouth shut and let her have her moments like these. Still, I can't think of an excuse not to go to The Dance, unless in the space of 3 days I can become extremely sick, which is likely not going to happen. My family has a record of almost having a perfect immune system.

***

"So, have you put in your vote for Homecoming King and Queen yet?" I curiously ask Carley. School has finally finished and we're suppose to be doing Chemistry homework, but ended up on my bed, stuffing our faces silly with strawberries and Nutella.

"Of course I haven't and why would I? I don't want Sabrina parading around like she's the boss any more than does already."

"Yeah that's true. She ambushed me though. While I was walking past the voting station thing, she asked if I had voted. When I said no, this fake horrid smile appeared on her face. Next thing I know, she's hovering over me, making sure I ticked the box for her name as Queen. It's sad actually. The fact that her main goals are to make other people's lives living hell and being Queen. I guess the life of the stuck up and snobby isn't as glamorous."

"So still no news from the disaster date Caleb??"

She has to bring him up. My day was going so well. Sigh. "Nope."

"Aww he was so cute and that accent. Still can't believe your date was so horrible. When Blake described him, he sounded perfect for you. Nerdy ways and all."

"Yeah, can we just drop the subject please!!" Wow that came out a lot more bitchy than I planned.

"Okay then... I think that's my cue to leave."

Ah, shit! Well done Sarah... "Wait Carls, I'm sorry. It's just. It's disheartening knowing that not even guys outside the country want anything to do with me. What if Caleb's the beginning of a long line of guys who I just push away. I mean, I didn't even try with Caleb. It just sorta happened; and it wasn't even my fault. To be honest he wasn't the perfect gentleman either. He didn't even tell me he went home early." At this point I was in full tears mode. "I feel so pathetic."

"Okay first, apology accepted. Second, you're not that pathetic. Maybe a little... But that's not the point. The point is that, you're still stuck in that whole Zac thing. You say that your over him and that you don't give a damn, but you think I don't see you looking at him with those love sick puppy dog eyes. You can't stay mad at him for being part of reason your date with Caleb was horrendous. Sarah you have to forget about him!! And soon!! If you don't, he will haunt you the whole of this year and it's only Homecoming. Just think of what he AND Sabrina will turn you into by Prom. Trust me, it hurts me extensively to see you like this, so you have a choice. Either, you carry on obsessing over this guy and completely forget about meeting amazing guys who will like you way more than imaginable or you can become Zac free and even though you don't want to, start the rest of YOUR senior year with a bang by having an fantastic time with me Blake at the dance. You really so look amazing in that dress we picked out. Plus, If you chose the latter, I can promise we will keep the PDA down to a minimum of the occasional kiss on the cheek."

Carley stands up with her arms out, like she's weighing up the pros and cons. I hate to admit it but she's absolutely right. About everything. So maybe me trying to forget him my way, way proving unsuccessful. Luckily I've got Carley by my side. Without saying anything, I stand up and give Carley the strongest hug I could muster and I know she already knows my decision.

"Promise you can keep the PDA down at the dance??"

"It will be hard, but I promise." We both start laughing but still don't let go from the hug.

***

Strangely enough, the rest of the week went on, not as painfully as I'd imagined. The usual pep rally to try and get us into the spirit mood. The cheerleaders and preps became 10x more 'super cheerful' and irritatingly energetic, giving us the displeasure of having to sit through them going on and on about how 'they've got spirit, yes they do!!!!' Annoy, immensely so, just not as bad as imagined. I don't even understand why?? Our school's too lazy to actually organize a Homecoming Game, so we just have the dance. Yet the cheerleaders still insist on psyching us up, for who knows what.

On the night of the dance, we go over Carley's place to get ready. Blake said he'd pick us at 6:30pm so that gave us just enough time to get done. After the other emotional night with Carls, I'm feeling a lot better. I honestly, would be a little puddle of sadness right now, if it wasn't for her. We do each other's hair. I opt for a chic low side pony with my make up looking more natural, where Carley goes for her hair down and curly with a smokey eye to accentuate her dress. After doing a purse check of the major essentials (lipgloss, cell phone, tissues incase of emergency etc.) and having a full on photo shoot, we stand in front of Carley's full length mirror. Hmm, we didn't look to bad, AT ALL!! Carley was right. This dress on me looks amazing. Right color fit and every thing. Just perfect.

The door bell rings and Blake stands there in his black shirt and pants wearing a tie to match Carley's dress.

"Wow, you two look great." He says, but can hardly take his eyes off Carley.

"Thanks. You too. Okay everyone ready??" I say, excitedly. They both let out a loud holler and we head for Blake's car.

***

The dance looks amazing. We get inside and the theme is 'Old School Hollywood', so it had that Audrey Hepburn, Marilyn Munro, James Dean kind of feeling. The three of us took pictures and then the happy couple stayed took some on their own, while I went to inspect the punch. No one can ever get it right. This time, it tasted way too sweet. Standing by the refreshments table, I dance a little to Pharrell Williams's Happy. Looking around, I see Carley and Blake walking towards me, Sabrina dancing in her hot pink dress with all the guys around her staring at her cleavage. Tonight, even though not originally thought, is actually going great.

I unintentionally turn towards the entrance looking at all the couples and groups of friends walking into the great hall, ready to party. Oh, no. It can't be!!! The last person I expected to show up, is walks through the big arch. Anger and confusion start rising up in my chest...

What the hell is he doing here?!?

....

(To be continued)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey there people of Wattpad!!!!

First sorry to leave you with such a short chapter and then took forever to add another chapter. There was a bit of blank spaces we didn't know how to fill and other stuff. But we are back now!!!! *pre-recorded applause* this part of the chapter is fairly short, but part two will be longer... Pinky promise.

Okaaaaaay!!!!!! So are cracks forming in Sabrina's 'friendship' with Amelia?? Is Sarah finally over Zac or is she faking it just to get Carley off her back??

And most importantly, who is the mystery guy that shows up at the dance?? Comment and tell us who you think it is!! We want to see if we have any smarty pants's in our midst. 😜

You can also comment to tell us what you think of the chapter. We'd love to hear different thoughts. So don't be a stranger!!

Again, our reads are growing and we have you guys to thank for that!!! So TᕼᗩᑎK YOᑌ ᔕO ᔕO ᗰᑌᑕᕼ!! It means the world to us.

Really hope you enjoy this chapter and stay tuned for Chapter 10 to find out who the mystery man is!!

Please don't forget to RATE + COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love you all!!❤😘

Storm and Snow

xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.6K 108 21
Ever since Lana was little, it's just been her and her mom. Wanting to be closer to her family in South Carolina, they decide to move. One little iss...
253K 6.1K 39
Summer and Bryce used to hate each other, until they found out they shared the same passion. Soccer. They fell in love with each other. But now as th...
1.2M 37.4K 51
Reign Miller doesn't believe in love, she thinks all romcoms are cringe and so are high school relationships, even she doesn't know why. Her goal dur...
10.2K 239 19
"Hi my name is Amelia and this is my life... I was just another ordinary girl before that thing happened:High School. My first day on Riverroad High...