Scared to Death ✧Liam Dunbar✧...

By argentistic

Love is all a little girl is supposed to feel. Never should she feel blood trickling down a cut on her cheek... More

Scared to Death ✧Liam Dunbar✧
✧Goodbye Big Brother✧
✧The New Derek✧
✧New Competition✧
✧Dealing With Idiots✧
✧Helping Liam✧
✧Some Party✧
✧Not a Monster✧
✧Slight Anger Problems✧
✧Intermittent Explosive Disorder✧
✧Scrimmage Gone Wrong✧
✧Werewolf Strength✧
✧The Call✧
✧Not Another Loss✧
✧Teenage Whims✧
✧Caught Up✧
✧Supernatural Smallpox✧
✧Some Plan✧
✧A Little Optimisim✧
✧From The Sidelines✧
✧Emotions Besides Fear✧
✧The Unexpected✧
✧Letters From Isaac✧
✧The Deadpool Strikes Again✧
✧Drinks and Music✧
✧Fear Is All To Common✧
✧Birthday Surprise✧
✧Battle Cry✧
✧Invincibility Is Not Strength✧
✧Weight Room Mayhem✧
✧Desperate Times Call For Desperate Alliances✧
✧Operation Save Scott McCall✧
✧The Mission Begins✧
✧Almost Is Never Enough✧
✧Death Changes Us✧
✧It Ends Tonight✧
✧Epilogue✧
SEQUEL

✧Hospital Drama✧

76.8K 1.7K 709
By argentistic

Dedication goes to TbhIdkWhoIAm. I loved your comment on the last chapter and I'm glad your shipping Liam and Charlotte already! That must mean I'm doing something right!

Chapter 4-Hospital Drama

As it turns out, Liam was going to be needed to be taken to the hospital. The nurse said something about how he'd need to get a x-ray or something to see how bad it was.

"I'll uh, go get my Jeep so I can,um, drive you," Stiles offered before quickly exiting the nurse's office. Then he poked his head back in to look at me. "Wait, do you want to come with us."

"You're kind of my ride," I reminded him and Stiles nodded before leaving once more.

"Can you stay with Liam for a second, Char?" Scott asked suddenly. I nodded my head and soon Scott was also leaving the room, making it just Liam and I in the small nurse's office since the nurse had left a few minutes ago.

Liam and I sat there in an awkward silence seeing as my only true friends had just kind of hurt him. Eventually Liam sighed, apparently tired of staying quite for such a long period of time. Not everyone likes the silence as much as I do. I guess I just incorporated noises with either a horrible supernatural fight going on somewhere or my dad getting mad at my siblings and I.

"It looks pretty bad, doesn't it?" Liam questioned, looking over at me since I was in a seat two down from, the ugly yellow one between us was completely empty.

"I've seen worse," I answered honestly. It's not like my life has been a swift dream full of lollipops and unicorns.

Liam was quite for a second more before speaking up again, "So how do you know Scott and that other guy?"

I was quite for a second. I hated discussing my life, my living situation, my family, I just hated all of it. But I felt like Liam needed to talk about this instead of his injury.

"Scott and Stiles were good friends with my brother, Isaac." I answered quietly, knowing that my response would surely trigger more questions. I stared at the tiles in front of me as I awaited the next one.

Liam nodded, "Where's your brother at now?"

"Traveling."

There was another awkward silence and I felt like my heart was expanding in my chest as Liam stared at me. This new attention was foreign and I kind of dreaded it. If only I could just be invisible to Liam like I was to pretty much everyone else in this school.

"You don't talk a lot do you?" Liam asked, surprising me by his sudden change in subject. I looked up at him and shook my head which I'm sure would've made him laugh if he hadn't been in so much pain. "How come?"

Once again I looked away from Liam, I was almost afraid he'd be able to read my mind if I held his gaze for too long.

"Have you ever heard of the term 'shy'," I attempted to joke but in my nervous tone it sounded more pathetic then humorous.

I'm sure Liam would've pressed the subject further if my phone hadn't buzzed. Thankful that it had done so, I quickly pulled it out of my pocket. It was a text from Stiles saying that he had pulled in front of the school and was ready for Scott and I to bring out Liam.

"Is that Stiles?" Liam questioned and I ended up nodding once more.

"Yeah," I muttered before standing up and calling out, "Scott!"

"I don't think he's going to hear you if you just shout to him. He could be far-"

Before Liam could even finish his sentence, Scott reentered the room, this time with a goofy smile on his face. "Yeah Charlotte?"

"Stiles has the car ready, can you help get Liam out here?" I asked.

Scott bobbed his head a few times before sliding my backpack off of his shoulder and holding it out to me. "Kira just gave this to me. You left it in the bleachers and she figured you'd need it."

I nodded as I took the backpack from him. I quickly checked inside to make sure my sketch pad was in there before I slung it over my own shoulder. "Thanks."

Scott smiled at me, knowing what I had looked for, and then turned to Liam, "You ready?"

Liam grimaced but gave Scott a tiny nod to show he was ready. As carefully as he could, Scott helped the injured boy to his feet which caused Liam to moan out in pain. I looked over to see Scott's face and saw that it was full of concern. I realized he had probably blamed this whole accident on himself.

Knowing there wasn't much that I could say to Scott right now, I went to Liam's other side and took one of his arms so I could drape it over my shoulder. Trying to keep Liam out of pain as much as possible, Scott --who was doing most of the work-- and I got him to where Stiles had pulled his Jeep too.

We got Liam into the back of the jeep before I climbed in the front with Stiles. Scott had agreed to ride his bike to the hospital so he would just meet us there. When Stiles pulled up to the hospital, Scott was already there to help Liam out. Soon we got to the front desk and I was actually pretty impressed with how well we had done.

But then, just as we were checking Liam in, a familiar face turned the corner. I quickly hit Scott's arm and pointed over at her.

"Oh, uh, hi mom," Scott said when he saw who I had pointed at.

Mrs.McCall closed her eyes and took a deep breathe before she opened them back up and came over to us. "Alright, what happened here."

Scott and Stiles used their excellent team work to explain how Liam had gotten injured and then how the nurse had said that we should bring him here. Melissa McCall looked over at me with raised eyebrows and a look that I'm sure said 'will I ever catch a break?'. I smiled at her and shrugged. I'm not sure that there are too many breaks left in our world.

"Charlotte, can you go grab a wheel chair so your friend here doesn't have Scott and Stiles dragging him around the hospital?" She then asked me out loud. I nodded and quickly went to retrieve a wheel chair and then brought it back. "Thank you."

Stiles and Scott gently helped Liam into a wheel chair and I caught a glimpse at the poor guy and saw how depressed he was looking. Ms.McCall gave his a kind smile, probably noticing his sad looks too, and did a quick examination of his foot.

She then stood back up to push him down the halls while saying, "Don't worry Liam, we'll take good care of you."

"Alright, I got to get going, I promised Malia I'd help her study," Stiles told us as he twirled his keys on his fingers. Stiles looked from Scott over to me, "Do you want a lift back to your place?"

I shook my head. "No, I think I'll stay here."

Stiles nodded understandingly before looking back at Scott and frowning. "Hey I don't need to say this wasn't your fault, right?"

"I don't know," Scott said softly, he looked like he was just over thinking all of this. He'd definitely been worried that it was his fault or Liam injury and probably that he'd let his jealous-- and probably a couple other emotions too-- get the better of him.

"Scott," I spoke gently, causing Scott to look at me, "If you used any wolf power at all that poor kid would not limping, he'd be crawling."

"Yeah, back to the other half of his body," Stiles added on.

"If I hadn't been so worried about being captain then he wouldn't be hurt either," Scott countered as he looked down the hall where his mom had taken Liam.

"It's okay to want something for yourself every one and a while," Stiles told his best friend. "Team captain, alpha wolf; you're still only human."

Stiles patted his best friend's shoulder before turning to leave. By the look on his face, Scott seemed to be feeling a little bit better. I lightly nudged the teen wolf with my shoulder and smiled up at him, hoping that my action would be reflected onto Scott's face. Thankfully, it was and Scott even wrapped an arm around my shoulder so I could lean into him. That was my favorite thing about Scott, His protectiveness over people he cared about, it was something that never failed to make me feel safe.

"Do you want to go see if we can find Liam?" I eventually asked, knowing there was probably nothing Scott wanted more right now then to check up on Liam.

Scott nodded and pulled away from me while shooting me a grateful smile. "Yeah, let's go."

The two of us walked aimlessly down the hallway until Scott caught Liam's scent. After that, we walked down the hallway until we came to the hall that, according to Scott, belonged to Liam. Scott's pace slowed and it seemed like he was listening tentatively to something. He must be hearing what was going on to Liam.

"What is it, Scott? What's happening?" I asked him in a low voice as we inched closer and closer to Liam's room. Scott slowly shook his head as a look of dread sunk into his face. I softly hit his arm. "Scott you need to stop feeling guilty. You can't control everything."

A second later a man came out of the room, almost colliding and with Scott and I since we were right outside of the door way. He caught me off guard and I had instinctively took a step to move behind Scott.

"I almost didn't see you guys there." The man-- who seemed to be a doctor since he was wearing one of those lab jacket things-- said with a slight chuckle. He looked at both of us for a moment before saying, "Are you the one's who brought Liam here?"

I nodded and Scott opened his mouth to say something but his phone suddenly went off. He mumbled a quick sorry before going to answer it, leaving me and my social anxiety to deal with the man. Thank you Scotty.

"So are you a friend of Liam's?" The doctor man asked me. Since I wasn't exactly able to give him an answer about how I had just met Liam the other day and how my only friends were the one's who injured him, I opted on nodding my head at the man. "What's your name?"

Great, a question that I'll have to answer verbally.

"I-uhm, it's, uh, Charlotte." I spluttered out in an embarrassing jumble of words. "Ch-Charlotte Lahey."

"Well, Charlotte," The man said with a kind smile, "You can go in and see Liam, if you want."

I nodded some more before quickly moving past him and into the room. I exhaled once I had gotten away from him but then my heart rate once more when I realized I had put myself into yet another social situation. I was alone in a room with Liam.

Liam looked up at me from the hospital bed he was sitting on and the first thing I noticed was the sad look on his face.

"Hey," He said in a small voice. That was weird to hear from him, he had seemed like he was well put together and confident. I guess all that changes when your worried about your ability to keep playing lacrosse.

I forced a smile on my face as I stood awkwardly in the door way. "Hi."

"You know, you're allowed to come in here, right?," Liam offered. His eyes were trained on me and it was probably because he was wondering why I was so weird. Maybe he even think I'm a creepy stalker chick, or something along those lines.

Trying to be less awkward but most likely failing miserably, I moved into his room until I stood at the foot of the bed. My eyes wondered down to his which was bruised and swollen. I quickly looked away. That could not possibly be good. It looked similar to Camden's and his had ended up being broken.

"They want to take an X-ray to see what's wrong with it but I think it's broken." Liam told me, his voice breaking ever so slightly as devastation practically oozed from every pore on his body. If he had been Scott or Isaac I would've climbed right up onto the bed with him and gave him a hug.

I nodded to show I was listening as I began to mess with the bottom of the blankets that were on the bed. Here comes the awkward silence once again.

"You don't have to stay if you don't want. I mean I know you probably feel obligated too or what ever but you don't have too." Liam said and I suddenly felt bad for making him thinking that I was only here because I felt bad for him. I guess I do feel bad for him but I also genuinely cared to see if he was alright, for his sake and for Scott's.

"No, no, It's fine, don't worry. You took a pretty nasty hit from Scott and I just wanted to make sure you were alright." I stammered quickly and quietly. It seems impossible for me to not make a fool of myself in front of Liam.

"It seems like the only time you'll talk to me is when you apologizing or doing something along those lines." I looked up at Liam and expected him to, well, I don't know what I expected but I wasn't expecting the small smile that he had on his face.

"Sorry?" I questioned more then said which caused Liam to shake his head and laugh.

"Stop apologizing, Charlotte," He said with his smile still on his face. I tensed up a bit when he said my name, it was weird talking like this to someone that I didn't live with. And by live with I count Stiles too because he is over at the McCall's house almost more then I am. "Thanks for coming to check up on me, though."

"Well it's better then sitting up in my room at home," I told him, surprising both myself and Liam by saying something that actually contributed to a casual conversation.

"Do you come to every practice?" Liam asked suddenly.

I nodded slowly. "For the most part, Yeah. I have to wait up for Stiles and Scott wants me to get to know Malia and Kira."

I suddenly realizing I had lost track of Scott and couldn't help but worry. Not knowing where Scott was normally meant something bad was happening. If I had let him get hurt while I was off talking to Liam then I'd never forgive myself.

"What are you doing?" Liam asked while I peered back out into the hallway. It was empty.

"I have to find Scott," I mumbled as I hurried down the hallway like a lost puppy. Worry started building up inside of me as I realized he was nowhere in sight. All of a sudden I realized how choppy my breathing was getting and there were tears brimming my eyes. I was having an anxiety attack that had been triggered by a very common stessor-- the fear of someone I love getting hurt.

"Scott," I called as I walked down yet another hallway, hopelessness seemed to way down my body. Thankfully, Scott turned a corner and sprinted towards me. My breathing seemed to even out almost immediately.

"You need to get to my mom right now," Scott instructed in a hurried tone. I stared at him in shock as he was now close enough to see that he had totally 'wolfed-out'. "Now!"

I shyed a way from Scott a bit when he raised his voice. "Scott what's going-"

"Charlotte go!" Scott practically shouted as his red eyes seemed to blaze brighter, causing me to stumble away from him. Scott didn't say anything else as he continued to sprint down the hallways.

Something bad was definitely happening. I turned to rush off to find Mama Mccall so I could figure out what exactly was going on.

-----------------

You guys have been such great support and I love your feedback so much! I'm glad you guys like Charlotte and love Liam as much as I do! This story has probably gotten more popular faster then any of my other stories. Do you think we can reach 1000 soon?

Question- What's a good ship name for the lovely Charlotte Lahey and the flawless Liam Dunbar?

Comment and vote please!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 4.9K 61
❝𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘢 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘮 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘤𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦𝘥, 𝘢 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘥𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘰𝘶𝘵, 𝘢 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨�...
4K 213 15
in which no one seems to bring peace to isaac lahey just like peyton greene does. ❪ isaac lahey x fem!oc ❫ ❪ teen wolf s2-s3 ❫
5.1K 197 14
🌊 Address the letters, to the holes in my butterfly wings Nothing's forever, nothing is as good as it seems. 🌊 Leilani Hewitt is the one and only M...
329K 8.3K 74
~Teen Wolf Fan Fiction~ Hi, I'm Scarlett McCall and I have a twin brother named Scott. We are as close as it gets. We always have each other's back a...