When Formalities Are Forgotte...

By JaseyStellaRaex

17 year old British girl Jasmine has just started her senior year of high school in America, and on her first... More

When Formalities Are Forgotten. [A Student/Teacher Love Story] (1)
When Formalities Are Forgotten. [A Student/Teacher Love Story] (2)
When Formalities Are Forgotten. [A Student/Teacher Love Story] (3)
When Formalities Are Forgotten. [A Student/Teacher Love Story] (4)
When Formalities Are Forgotten. [A Student/Teacher Love Story] (5)
When Formalities Are Forgotten. [A Student/Teacher Love Story] (6)
When Formalities Are Forgotten. [A Student/Teacher Love Story] (7)
When Formalities Are Forgotten. [A Student/Teacher Love Story] (8)
When Formalities Are Forgotten. [A Student/Teacher Love Story] (9)
When Formalities Are Forgotten. [A Student/Teacher Love Story] (11 - Part 1)
When Formalities Are Forgotten. [A Student/Teacher Love Story] (11 - Part 2)
When Formalities Are Forgotten. [A Student/Teacher Love Story] (12)
When Formalities Are Forgotten. [A Student/Teacher Love Story] (13)
When Formalities Are Forgotten. [A Student/Teacher Love Story] (14)
When Formalities Are Forgotten. [A Student/Teacher Love Story] (15 - Part 1)
When Formalities Are Forgotten. [A Student/Teacher Love Story] (15 - Part 2)
When Formalities Are Forgotten. [A Student/Teacher Love Story] (16)
When Formalities Are Forgotten. [A Student/Teacher Love Story] (17)
When Formalities Are Forgotten. [A Student/Teacher Love Story] (18)
When Formalities Are Forgotten. [A Student/Teacher Love Story] (19)
When Formalities Are Forgotten. [A Student/Teacher Love Story] (20)
When Formalities Are Forgotten. [A Student/Teacher Love Story] (21)
When Formalities Are Forgotten. [A Student/Teacher Love Story] (22)
When Formalities Are Forgotten. [A Student/Teacher Love Story] (23)
When Formalities Are Forgotten. [A Student/Teacher Love Story] (24 - BONUS CHAP)
When Formalities Are Forgotten. [A Student/Teacher Love Story] (25)
Update.
When Formalities Are Forgotten. [A Student/Teacher Love Story] (26)
When Formalities Are Forgotten. [A Student/Teacher Love Story] (27)
When Formalities Are Forgotten. [A Student/Teacher Love Story] (28)
When Formalities Are Forgotten. [A Student/Teacher Love Story] (29)
When Formalities Are Forgotten. [A Student/Teacher Love Story] (30)
When Formalities Are Forgotten. [A Student/Teacher Love Story] (31)
When Formalities Are Forgotten. [A Student/Teacher Love Story] (32)
When Formalities Are Forgotten. [A Student/Teacher Love Story] (33)
When Formalities Are Forgotten. [A Student/Teacher Love Story] (34)
When Formalities Are Forgotten. [A Student/Teacher Love Story] (35)
When Formalities Are Forgotten. [A Student/Teacher Love Story] (36)
When Formalities Are Forgotten. [A Student/Teacher Love Story] (37)
VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT.
Huge Update! HUUUUUGE! VERY IMPORTANT:)
THE SEQUEL IS HERE - LINK.
New Chapters? In 2023?! Wait - Am i actually back?!

When Formalities Are Forgotten. [A Student/Teacher Love Story] (10)

54.6K 830 145
By JaseyStellaRaex

*/ This chapter and the next focuses mainly on Marc and Jas' relationship. There will be some important stuff in it though, so :P /*

felt two hands grip my shoulders gently and push me back down to where I was sitting not 2 minutes ago. Ok, so this was very, very weird. I didn't say anything, just watched as Mr Hinchcliffe sat down next to me and listened to him as he spoke. If I tried to talk, I'm not sure what I'd say anyway...probably just make an idiot of myself.

"You need to rest, your head got hit pretty hard last night. I brought you back to mine because I figured you wouldn't really want your dad asking questions."

That explained where I was, I hadn't been kidnapped! Thank god! I nodded my head in response to what he said; he was right, my dad would probably freak out. He carried on.

"You've been out for about ten hours and I didn't want to forcibly wake you. I mean, you looked pretty peaceful and I didn't want you to go into panic mode so I just let you wait it out. Oh and you've just woke me up, you know."

"Uh, sorry." Was all I could say, and he chuckled in response. I groaned as my thoughts suddenly hit me. It was 2:20am now...I had to be up at 6 for school. And although my dad might freak out if I came home looking like I'd been in a fight, he'd freak out even more if he found that I'd stayed the night at my teacher's apartment. Oh no.

As if he could read my mind, Mr Hinchcliffe rubbed his face with his hands and spoke.

"I used your phone to call Jess, she said she would cover for you tonight so I texted your dad from you to say you were staying the night with her. I also called in school for us both earlier and they're not expecting us in tomorrow. I thought we should give it some time to let the bruising die down, as well as the concussion."

I let what he said register in my mind for a second. Right, that worked...but I wish he didn't have to call Jess. I wouldn't hear the end of it now.

"Right, well thanks." My voice was hoarse from lack of use after sleeping for ten hours straight. Well, been unconscious for ten hours, so I cleared my throat quickly. I was ready to speak...but I didn't know what to say. What do you say in a situation like this? All I could think of was the many questions I wanted, sorry NEEDED, to ask.

"What happened? Who was that guy...and why were you there?" was the first thing that popped into my mind. Well it seemed like a pretty reasonable question, right? Yeah. He didn't answer me though.

"Hm. Do you want something to drink? Coffee, hot chocolate...?"

I nodded my head.

"Yeah. Hot chocolate would be nice, please."

In all honesty, I could do with something to drink. My throat ached from dehydration. He disappeared into what I expected was the kitchen and I sank into the soft leather of Mr Hinchcliffe's couch. I wrapped his blanket around me and snuggled into it, no longer feeling tired...just cold and slightly confused.

"The remote control for the television is on the coffee table in front of you," i heard him shout from the kitchen. "Flip it on and see what's to watch if you like."

I reached my hand out and grabbed the black remote before snuggling back into the blanket. I flicked through the channels in disappointment, there was nothing decent on at this time of night...well, morning. Either way, the only thing on that was watchable was a rerun of Friends.

I was snuggled on Mr Hinchcliffe's couch, in Mr Hinchcliffe's blanket, watching Mr Hinchcliffe's television in Mr Hinchcliffe's apartment. Yeah, you get the idea. But, Oh my god!! It was a typical guy's apartment, really. There were various magazines scattered on the coffee table and a couple of empty pizza boxes underneath it. The walls were mainly bare apart from a clock and a couple of photographs; I could make out Mr Hinchcliffe in one of them with his arm around a smaller man. It looked a few years old, but the thing that shocked me was the background to the picture. They were stood in front of a place which looked familiar to me...only vaguely, like it was somewhere I'd read about before or been once or twice. The answer would come to me soon enough.

Just as I was trying to think where it was, I heard the door swing open behind me and turned to see Mr Hinchcliffe carrying two steaming mugs. He offered me one and I took it in my hands, thanking him as the fragrance of steaming hot chocolate hit my nostrils.

"Friends?" he asked, scoffing.

"There's nothing else on, it is nearly 3am. Besides, I don't think I can really focus on the television right now."

He laughed lightly and I grimaced, he knew I wanted answers.

"Mr Hinchcliffe, why were you there last night?"

His smile quickly faded as he sat down next to me, his leg lightly brushing mine as he did so. I gasped outwardly like the idiot I am, and his face broke into yet another smile.

"Sorry that I leave you breathless." He snickered. Whatever!

"Oh, yeah. I mean, it's nothing at all to do with the fact I was nearly killed last night."

He looked straight at me when he replied.

"But you weren't, I made sure of that."

"How did you know that I was been attacked?" I spoke slowly and put emphasis on every word, he knew that I meant business with this question. If he didn't answer it, I was going to leave.

"Jas, I drove past you and saw you were in trouble."

I couldn't hold back now. I laughed sarcastically before telling him exactly what I thought of that theory.

"Bullshit."

"Someone's feisty tonight."

"Don't fuck with me." I was been serious this time, no more playing around and flirting with my English teacher. I wanted to know exactly why I was here, and boy was I going to find out. This was a really serious situation, especially after the mystery man had mentioned my family.

I put the hot mug down on the coffee table, scared that if my anger got too much I would launch it in his face. Oh yeah, another thing I forgot to mention is that I sometimes (quite a lot) I let my anger get the better of me.

"Jas," he pleaded, "I drove past and sa-"

I cut into his sentence and shook my head. I didn't want to hear anymore excuses.

"No, Marc, stop it with the excuses. Please. I'm not stupid. This guy, he knew about my family and he was British. I mean, what are the odds on that? I know there's something going on here and I think I know deep down that you won't tell me, but I need the answers, Mr Hinchcliffe! It's scaring me that so far TWO strangers have known about my family when no-one else has. It scares me that I was nearly kidnapped by a mysterious man who was the only other Brit I have ever met here, and it also scares me that I know John was involved with gang crime. I know what happened with my mum was gang related, I'm not stupid! I know the police are hiding stuff, I heard the arguments though! I heard them! She shouldn't have done what she did but she had no choice, my mum only wanted to protect me and Dames! No way did she deserve that! And all in all, I know that what's going on now and what's coming is something to do with that...and I'm terrified."

Wow. Wowowow. I let all of that out quite quickly and my voice sounded panicked. My emotions had gotten the better of me and half way through the lengthy rant I felt my eyes well up; then by the end of it I could feel the tears falling. What I was saying, though, was completely true. Embarrassing, but so completely true. I just needed someone to tell and since Mr Hinchcliffe seemed to know the back story already, he seemed like the best idea. Besides the fact that he was right here and if I told my Dad it would only scare and upset him. This was nothing to do with my Dad, they were after me and it was my business, which I didn't want to get him involved in.

And in all honesty, I had never been so scared in all my life.

I heard a sigh come from Mr Hinchcliffe, a deep, defeated sigh. I looked over at him expectantly, although I knew deep down that he wouldn't give me a full explanation. I'm not sure I wanted to hear one. Well, I did...but I knew it would scare and worry me; and all I wanted right now was to sleep.

"I'm sorry." He said to me in a quiet voice, and then opened up his arms. Okay, so right now I wasn't really sure what to do. I mean, yeah. I shot him a quizzical look and he shrugged, before speaking again in that quiet, broken voice.

"You look tired, I am too. Come here." He flicked his head to the side as if to motion me to go and lie in his arms. And to be totally honest, I really wanted someone to hold me now. I didn't care whether it was my English teacher or the frigging bogey man, I just needed to be comforted.

"But, English teacher...Student. I mean, school. I want to but, yeah." I was talking through tears so I was stuttering, not really making sense. He chuckled.

"Yeah, but Jas. You just said you want to, and when we first met, we weren't student and teacher. So I know you as a friend."

I nodded and literally fell into his arms, resting my head on a part of his chest that I made sure was covered. He closed his arms around me and I could feel myself drifting off, the sound of his heart beat was soothing me.

He was right, it was much easier to think of him as a friend. And we did meet before we were officially student and teacher, so his theory worked well. I know it was illegal for anything more than friends, but that's fine. We were two people who were caught up in strange circumstances, and that's the way it was going to stay.

At the point where I was drifting off, you know? The point where you can't speak or anything because you're practically asleep? That's when I heard Mr Hinchcliffe say something that I guessed I wasn't meant to hear.

He sighed, just before whispering:

"I know you need the answers and it's fucking killing me that I can't tell you right now. You'll figure them out soon, though...I'll make sure of it"

If my body was capable of doing so, it would have gone rigid with shock. But before his words even completely registered in my mind I was asleep.

* * * * *

I awoke to the faint smell of coffee and bright light shining through the windows. I lifted myself up on my elbows as I slowly remembered where I was. Mr Hinchcliffe's apartment. I also slowly remembered who I was holding when I fell asleep, but he was no longer there.

Oh god. That's it, isn't it? I'd scared him and he'd run off. Oh gosh I'm so stupid. I sighed, but as I glanced up I caught sight of a just-out-of-the-shower Mr Hinchcliffe, his hair dripping onto the towel that was wrapped around his neck. He had pretty casual clothing on: loose fitting denim jeans and a casual Abercrombie and Fitch short sleeved button up shirt with the top few buttons undone.

He threw a clean towel at me as he spoke.

"You look like you could do with it. Hurry up, though. I want some breakfast. We'll go somewhere, get away for the day. You look like you could do with that, too."

He giggled, and I smiled at him. He was right, I could do with a day out. But I don't know what he meant about the shower, that's just plain cheeky. I didn't question it, though, just went into the bathroom to get ready for what I would be sure would be an almost perfect day.

*/ I seriously want to thank you guys for your support. I literally started writing this story about a week ago, and i've already had up of 3,000 views. It seriously makes me so happy, and to see all of your comments and votes. I get all happy haha. :P

Peace, Love and Fall Out Boy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

363 9 24
Jasmine's life has been full of misfortunes and losses, but nothing compared to the moment her daughter was taken from her right before her eyes. She...
358K 7.8K 47
**WARNING: TEACHER/STUDENT RELATIONSHIP** Jade Hutcherson is just a normal teenage girl in her senior year, who gets in trouble every now and then. S...
3.9K 139 38
Zoe Myers never drank, she gave her best friend speeches on why alcohol is bad for you and what could happen whilst under the influence. On her eight...
479 3 18
This is not your ordinary high school story. This is different. Its complicated at times, but easier to understand at other times. Jasmine moves to t...