meet you there // l.h (on hol...

By purpleishmoonchild

in which a girl and a boy meet through tequila shots and oreos. "so you go your way and i'll go mine and if w... More

author's note
I: tonight's on me
II: stop trying so hard
III: you're too hard to forget
IV: all you tonight
V: death of the night
VI: demons hide
VII: knitted sweater for two
IX: nightmare of a world
X: monster among men
XI: you won't be lonely
XII: not scared at all to get close to you
XIII: wish you were here, everywhere that I go

VIII: best night

656 11 1
By purpleishmoonchild

 " It was the best night, I'm not lying."

Lex

I woke up at four just like I said I would; it wasn't that hard because I was really excited about going to Warped Tour. I had always wanted to go, but being in Mexico and all, made it difficult, and when I got to L.A. I was always busy with my papers for my VISA but Juliet had taken care of it, so it was my first free summer in the U.S.

The day before I went to sleep I even made a list about bands I wanted to see, tents I wanted to visit, and I selected to food cans I was taking to donate; I even mentally prepared myself to donate blood at the event to get my VIP passes.

I prepared the food just like I said I would. I made some snacks, and that meant fruit for the car ride and some Italian baguettes, my secret recipe, of course. Like the nice, stupid girl I was, I got them inside an old back pack that I had filled with bands pins.

At six I was already standing outside my apartment, a back pack filled with food in one hand and a small purse in the other, which contained money and the stuff I used to clean my glasses. I was about to turn on my phone to check if I had any messages from Luke but he parked right in front of me inside a Honda Fit. I hadn't seen that car at his house. Probably it was being washed.

I got inside and he spoke first. "I rented this baby just for you," he said slapping the dashboard.

"I thought you had a car," I said throwing my things to the backseat.

"I do. Mine's being fiex," he said. "But don't worry. We have to rent a car anyways, we can't keep moving in taxi cabs."

I nodded. "Fine. But I hope you didn't spend too much money on these tickets," I said crossing my arms over my chest.

"I didn't." He started the car and we started moving. "I have some friend that got them for me for free."

"And I neither want you to abuse from your connections," I whined, and I realized that made me sound like Elizabeth Bennet talking with Mr. Darcy or someone.

He laughed, his eyes still on the road but he placed on hand on my knee. "Don't worry about it. They owed me a favor."

Our car ride consisted of us singing along to the playlist I had made that included the bands we were going to see that day, the music matched my shirt actually, a Black Veil Brides shirt. Luke sang with me to most songs, to others he didn't because he claimed hedidn't know them, but for me it was ridiculous, yet I remembered those bands were pretty small.

Around 8 a.m. I took the snacks to the front and we started eating. I had bananas, strawberries, apples and grapes, and of course, some Nutella to dip them on it. What was fruit without chocolate? Nothing.

At one point Luke dipped a whole strawberry into the Nutella and it was an excessive amount of the brown mix. When he ate, some of it stayed on the nook of his lip and his chin, he tried to lick it away but his tongue would reach it.

"Hold on," I said reaching to the back to get some napkins. I did and I took one napkin in my hand. "I will clean for you. Just keep your eyes on the road and your hands on the steering wheel."

I took the napkin his face and started cleaning everything off. "Thanks, mom," he said and his averted towards me for a few seconds and they were so blue and beautiful.

"Eyes on the road," I said pinching his cheek.

"Ow," he exclaimed. "I am sorry but you are too distracting."

I blushed. "Luke are getting too confident, seriously. All flirty and all."

He looked at me. "I am just getting too comfortable around you."

"Eyes on the road," I screamed.

I don't know how many times I screamed at Luke to keep his eyes on the road, but it was plenty. We were talking and he would turn to look at me, and my anxious said told me to scream at him to keep his focus even though the road was empty. Also, I had already spent hours with him inside a small car, it was different from an apartment or a bedroom. Or wasn't it?

We got to the venue around ten a.m. like he said we would, and then he left to make a call. We were in a line of cars that wasn't moving, even when he came back five minutes later the line remained the same.

He started the engine again. "We are getting through back," he said. "Where the buses are. I got us all access."

"How do you do this? I mean, not even all access lets you park with the buses."

"I told you," he said. "Lots of people owe me lots of favors. I have really good friends."

We parked in the buses area but away from where all the cars did, Luke told it me was for the press, which he avoided, like he didn't want to get mistaken by a famous person or something. I followed right behind him, with a cap covering my face so the sun wouldn't blind me. Luke on the other side was wearing so big, black sunglasses and he had all of his hair inside the cap.

He told me he needed to pick up the passes with a friend, so I followed him. We stopped outside a tour bus, more specifically outside a band's tour bus. Or better said outside Stat Champs' tour bus. I was freaking out.

"Seriously?" I exclaimed. "You know them?"

He raised his shoulders. "Met them when they were starting. Not a big deal."

Not a big deal when he took me inside and we got the passes from the drummer himself, and then Luke introduced me to the whole band and they asked me if were dating, and Luke laughed and said I wished we were. We both knew it was the complete opposite.

We waved goodbye to the band and I was still in utter shock about what had just happened. I had just met on of my favorite bands, who played one of my favorite song and I didn't freak out when I asked them for a picture. Luke laughed at me and took the picture.

"And get ready, they are not the only ones you will be meeting. This all-access passes are going to be a blessing for the last Vans Warped Tour."

"I can't believe it is ending. It's so sad."

"We can make it ever-lasting together," he said grabbing my hand. "We can make everything ever-lasting."

I pushed him. "Don't get cheesy with me," I laughed as I kept on walking.

"Come on. Agree to go on a date with me," he pleaded taking his hands together and getting on his knees playfully, or not. I stopped and turned around. "The days we have spent together have been so profound...you can't say we don't know each other."

It was my turn to grab the confidence and smack him with it, surprise him. I raised an eyebrow at him and placed one hand on my hip. "Then, haven't our trips to the movies and to your house been dates?" His eyes widen. "I'm disappointed, Lucas."

A smirk grew on his face. He stood up and hugged me. "Thank you," he whispered into my ear. "For accepting me for who I am not for what you see."

I squeezed him. "Thank you for freeing my mind."

To say I had the fun of my life was an understatement. I HAD THE DAY OF MY LIFE.

I didn't know how Luke do it, and I was too busy to ask, but when we didn't reach the stages in time to watch the sets he would take out his phone to make a call or two and soon we were inside a tour bus or in the front of the line besides a tent. The boy was working magic. To list all of the bands I saw that day was going to be hard.

To give a small description of our day you could say we stood on the backstage watching the bands, we ate the baguettes and bought more junk food. We went to donate blood, refill our water bottle for free and donate the food cans I had brought from home. Also, every time I walked out of the bathroom Luke was talking to people all happy, but quickly ushered them away we he saw me. He did it kindly and with a smile on his face.

The fun came when we assisted the last set we were going to be watching that day. Black Veil Brides, leather jackets, drums being smashed and string being touched. I was so ready, I even pulled out the make-up I had in my bag to apply on my face. But nothing serious, actually; I just eye lined my eyes with spikes, like the band used to around their second album.

"Seriously, anyone who sees you wearing that outfit," Luke said pointing at my black clothes, "and that make up, wouldn't think you are a sunshine beam who loves rainbows and Disney shows."

"Those are stereotypes, sir Lucas," I said bowing and then I got my face pretty close to his. "Now let's go. The set's about to start."

"You surely are enjoying yourself," he said smirking. "Partly because I'm happy to be here. On the other side, I never actually had anyone to share something so important to me like music. I am happy because I am here with you."

He kissed my sweaty forehead. He was sweaty too. We both were. "I am happy too."

Luke

Watching how Lexie never stopped smiling, made my day, for real. Her smiled just wouldn't vanish, wouldn't quiver a single second. It just grew bigger and bigger. I had freed her from her nerves and anxiety. Instead. I was the one carrying them.

Of course, being in Warped Tour, we were bound to be recognize by fans. When they did, it was mostly when we stopped moving because Lexie was going to the bathroom; so I signed their stuff and posed for pictures, and of course asked, to not to reveal anything they had seen that day. They were so nice that I was sure they weren't doing it.

Also, before I got Lexie to meet any of the bands she wanted to meet, I did the contact phone calls, and I asked the band not to reveal who I was. I couldn't believe I was more famous that all those bands she liked, that I had done collabs with them and still, she hadn't recognize me.

We met Black Veil Brides backstage, before their set. Ashton had previously worked with the vocalist and so the day before he had spoken to Andy Black about doing me a favor to finally get Lexie's heart on my hands.

First they met, took pictures and all, but after Lexie directed her attention to the girlfriends, because two of them were singers she liked, I was alone with the band. They asked what the favor was.

"Her favorite is Rebel Love Song, and I searching for a good way to make a move, something she will never forget. I am planning to do it if you can play the song for me," I asked.

"I don't see a problem. We need some old school stuff anyway, since it is the final Warped," Andy said.

"Thank you," I whispered when I saw Lexie coming back, a huge grin on her face. "Ready?"

She nodded. "Hope you enjoy the show," Andy said before heading up with the band.

We climbed to the stage two minutes after them, when the guitars started playing. I was holding her by the waist, and she was just leaning against me. I was sure that after this it was going to be hard to keep the secret, I needed to tell her. Especially since it wouldn't take long for her friend to call her and tell her she was dating Luke Hemmings.

They played her favorite song at the end. Which made it even more special. She told she had always wanted to hear the song live with somebody close to her. I hoped I was good enough for her.

Her favorite song finally was being played and she was singing it to me, face to face, jumping around while I stood still.

"I cannot hide what's on my mind, I feel it burning deep inside." She took her hand to her chest and then raised her face to the open sky. "A passion crime to take what's mine, let's all start living for today." When they said mind she pointed towards me and then curled towards her. She was calling me. I took a step to her.

"I am never gonna change my mind, and we can leave it all behind. Nothing's gonna stop me. No, not this time." This time I was the one singing to her as we jumped around by the side stage, where we could barely be seen. "So take your hand in mine, it's our tonights..."

We sang together, or better said, screamed. "This is a rebel love song."

Soon we were body against body, our face so close. It was the moment. Since they day I met her, I had wanted to kiss her, protect her from the evils of the world with my body, and there was the moment right in front of my eyes.

And I was coward, because I took a step back thinking that maybe she would get mad at me for kissing her. What if she got mad because I stole her first kiss? She would hate me if I did. She told she was not ready for a relationship, since she had never been in one.

When I took the step back her smiles quivered, but she took a step forward.

"My outlaw eyes have seen their lies, I choke on all they have to say." Another step forward from her and one could think that our bodies were one. "When worlds collide, what's left inside? I hold on tight and hear you pray."

She kissed me. She just grabbed my face and slammed her lips into mine, and surprise was a small word to describe my emotions. I didn't know how to feel.

At first, I didn't kiss back but I allowed her to kiss me. When I felt that she was about to pull apart, I kissed back. I wrapped my arms around her waist and hers descended to my neck, wrapping themselves like snakes. You could see that she didn't know how to kiss, that she was following her instinct, but that didn't mean it was bad.

When she opened her mouth to gather her breath but didn't close it again, it got better. I didn't start doing some tongue job because I respected limits, and actually it was really hard to kiss with passion with a close mouth. Before we broke apart I swear I heard her moan.

The drive home was quiet, but this time she held on to my hand in a different way, as if letting go meant vanishing. When she saw no other way than to let go so I could drive properly, her hand would then travel to my upper leg, just a little bit above my knee. And she would rest her hand there, waiting, before grabbing the anchor once more.

I was in ecstasy, to say the least. There was actually no way to express how I was feeling at the moment. I guess you could say it was pure happiness. I knew Lexie was feeling it too, because there was something different in her smile and the way she plainly existed; it seemed to me that she was glowing.

I knew we were in a different stage of the relationship, still nothing official but definitely far away from where we started. I knew she had been waiting for the kiss too, because after it, she would look for small excuses to give me little pecks. Nothing passionate like the first one, but she was surely searching for that kind of contact.

"You know, I was actually going to kiss you first, but I regretted it before I got the chance to do it," I said, eyes on the road, too shy to look at her.

Hand squeeze. "I am glad you did. A girl needs to take risks sometimes. Last time I did it, let's just say it included paper and an application."

She stayed quiet. I could feel her peaceful heartbeat against my hand. "I really like you," I said out of nowhere and looked at her.

She looked at me too, and gave me the warmest smiled I had ever seen. "I know, Luke. Well, I hoped so. I am never actually quite sure of things, not even when it is math and I am doing two plus two. I guess I am just insecure," she said, her smile weakening but never losing its warmth. Weird. "But, you make me feel confident, ready to take risks."

"Does that mean we get to be a thing now?" I asked over excited.

She shook her and when she saw my disappointment she allowed herself to let go of hand so she could hold my cheek. "It is too soon. We can date sure, and be something more than friends, but nothing official, not yet."

"Just dating?" I asked, my voice dripping with disappointment.

She laughed. "You wish, Lucas." I guess she saw the sadness ready to take over my face, so she went on quickly to explain her comment. "I guess, you just don't have the term in English, such a shame; I believe because you make such a spectacle out of the word love, but anyways. We have a term in Spanish used for this point in between dating and boyfriend/girlfriend or whatever, which is enamorados, meaning in love," she explained. And I knew she could see me turning into a mess with that world. "But for us, it is not a big deal, because we understand the different kinds of levels, their implications and everything. And it is not actually being in love, it dates back fromcourting a woman and everything. What I am saying is, we could use my Mexican term if you want to."

It was confusing, but I was able to understand a few simple things: a) she liked me, therefore b) she wanted to be something more than friends but c) it was too soon, so d) we were going to be in this in between point of actually being boyfriend/girlfriend without a serious commitment, but with respect towards each other's lives and feelings.

"I am not completely sure that I understood what you just explained me, because I grew up watching other things," I said, and it was my turn to see the disappointment in her face, and also maybe, embarrassment? "With that being said, I guess you will have to guide me through-out this whole journey."

Smile. 

She leaned in ready to kiss the corner of lips, but I turned my head a little, eyes still on the road, and received her with my full lips. She blushed. "It is easier when I take you by surprise," she whispered sitting back again, pouting.

"It's funnier when you blush, Lexie."

I got her home around two in the morning, I still had a twenty minute drive in front of me. I helped her take out her stuff because even though the food was long gone she had replaced that weight with merch, saying how she was going to have to work extra shifts but didn't care.

I accompanied her to her door, still in cloud nine, and then inside her living room, where her friend was deep asleep on the sofa. I tensed up because I knew what would happen if she woke up and saw me. I walked out to her door and she came with me.

"Thank you for this amazing day," she said grabbing both my hands.

"My pleasure, mi señorita."

She giggled. "You googled that." She playfully pushed my shoulder. "I really like you, I am serious."

"I am too," I said leaning down, putting my forehead against hers. "I need to tell you something." I felt her eyebrows raising, and I opened my mouth, ready to confess and declare myself guilty of lying to her but then, we heard her best friend call her.

I took a deep breath when Lexie pulled back top peak her head inside to speak to her. I didn't hear what she said with her friend, she just came back out quickly. I was a coward, so I kind of glad the moment had been postponed, I didn't have to face the truth, at least, for a day more.

"I have to go, she says she needs to speak urgently to me. I guess it is about what had her out of town," Lex said looking down. "But text me later, to meet up. And we must plan what we are going to do for the Mexico-Brazil game."

I nodded and leaned in to kiss her. We met halfway. She sneaked her arms around my neck like the first time, and I felt her sigh against me. I was about to moan, because kissing her was pure bliss, nothing sexual. I didn't it, I just her waist and pulled her closer.

She broke the kiss. "Good night, Luke," she whispered into my ear.

"Good night, Lexie."

I walked through the apartment building's halls slowly, happy, humming. It had been my best day in quite a while. I hadn't felt that way for a girl since Sierra Deaton rejected me last year, but Lex took me in as fast as she met me, first as friend and then like something more.

When I got in the car I turned on the engine and looked at her balcony's window. I could see her shadow standing there, along with other one, that I supposed belonged to Juliet, her best friend. Then I saw something that caught my eyes, how both shadows seemed to screaming at each other.

Juliet's shadow pulled out her phone and placed inches away from Lex's nose. Lex shook her head. The other shadow left and came back with what seemed a big piece of paper, a poster. She threw it at Lex and it fell on the floor, so she leaned in to pick it up. She took a look at it and it fell from her hands, which she took to cover her face. Juliet placed a hand over her hunched shoulders.

And it hit me. I had forgotten about the fear I had when I walked into her apartment: Juliet knowing. And because my coward self didn't explain himself, she had heard my truth from somebody else's mouth.

Juliet had seen the pictures, and she had told all about them to Lex. I drove away, but before anything I watched her walk out and she found the car and her eyes met mine. Still, I drove away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 3.3K 58
Where Michael thought that he was genuinely going crazy, but three certain murderers just wanted him to feel that way. Luke, Ashton, and Calum always...
1.2K 167 36
You wanna know the real reason why Luke and Michael hated each other at first? A girl, with the most beautiful long dark brown wavy hair. Eyes so blu...
2.1K 65 12
In the end of summer, a week before school, Cierra Fuller got kicked out of her orphanage because she turned 16. They applied her with an apartment...
3.3K 278 43
Luke never really liked the fact that his best friend Calum spent most of his time following another guy around, especially somebody who was so popul...