DEAD STARS

By ASTRAGAZER-

[๐‘ป๐‘ถ๐‘ซ๐‘ถ๐‘น๐‘ถ๐‘ฒ๐‘ฐ ๐‘บ๐‘ฏ๐‘ถ๐‘ผ๐‘ป๐‘ถ] โ๐™„'๐™ข ๐™Ÿ๐™ช๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™– ๐™™๐™š๐™–๐™™ ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™–๐™ง ๐™ฉ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™๐™–๐™™ ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™จ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™˜๐™š ๐™ก๐™ค... More

I. THE GIRL BORN WITH EVERYTHING
II. THE PRIDEFUL AND THE IGNORANT
III. QUESTIONS
IV. WHAT THEY HAVE IN COMMON
V. STUDENT-TEACHER TAG TEAM
VII. BURIED MEMORIES
VIII. STARGAZERS
IX. UNDER THE SAME SKY
X: UNEXPECTED FAMILY VISIT
XI. ICE COLD MEMOIRS
XII. ICE COLD RAINDROPS
XIII. AS THE ICE MELTS
XIV. SPORTS FESTIVAL BEGINS
XV. A DECLARATION OF WAR
XVI. TEAM MIDORIYA OR TEAM BAKUGO?
XVII. CAVALRY BATTLE CLIMAX!
XVIII. CAVALRY BATTLE CONCLUDES!
XIX. THOSE BORN WITH EVERYTHING
XX. HOSHIKO VS IIDA
CHARACTER PROFILE
XXI. STARS FROZEN IN TIME
XXII. WHAT I WANT TO BECOME
XXIII. THE BRIGHTEST STAR

VI. IT'S NOTHING

7.4K 326 92
By ASTRAGAZER-

What is that thing called when people never gives up and fight until the very end? Is it willpower? Or perhaps adrenaline rush? Or just plain desperation? Never in my entire life did I let my foolishness drive me on a brink of danger. I could no longer feel my hands and my forehead is coated in sweat. Since when did I become so motivated to win a fight? It wasn't technically a fight. A one-sided brawl. A two against dozens. I could almost laugh in this situation if I have the ability to. Just what is it that's driving me to fight against these street Villains? One thing's for sure, I couldn't just swallow the fact that this League of Villains or whatever profanities they call themselves, proclaimed that they'll kill All Might, the Symbol of Peace and still brought a horde of amateur Villains that even a group of high school student could defeat with no sweat. Nevertheless, I couldn't deny one fact.

That I'm having so much fun.

It's been a while since I let myself loose some screws. I've been in a handicap ever since then. But now, I could freely use that power. And that fact alone, made me smile like a wicked witch about to win over a fairy princess.

"Aizawa Sensei, are you okay?" One might say I still had the audacity to ask such question in a teasing manner.

"I should be asking you that, Yoru," for whatever reason, Aizawa Sensei never fails to reprimand me.

I grabbed another Villain who stupidly charged towards me. We landed smoothly on the black void of space and I pushed the Villain forward. In front are Villains I brought here. About a dozen of them stood in front of me, looking around, wandering the never-ending void of darkness. When they sense me, some had their guards up. While some just stood.

"Take us away from here," one said, her eyes pleading.

"Please, I couldn't endure another second here."

"I think I might lose my mind!"

Their protests and pleas fell on deaf ears. That's what's wrong with a lot of people. They tend to lose perspective when they encounter something different, something that is out of this world. Many would definitely lose their mind if left in this darkness alone. I couldn't blame them. They are just people with eyes who couldn't see the beauty in darkness. They're scared to be left here alone, with just speck of dusts as their company. It's the ultimate form of punishment. A lifetime imprisonment in a space with only dead stars as the witness of their meaningless existence.

I blinked my sympathy away and open a portal, reappearing back in the battlefield just in time to witness the skinny pale blue haired man with disembodied hands grabbed Aizawa Sensei's elbow.

"Where's your little brat of a student?" His voice sent shivers down my spine.

Aizawa Sensei delivered a punch on the pale skinny man and jumped in front of me, clutching his bleeding arm. The skin on his elbow disintegrated, showing the pinkish flesh that I couldn't bear to stare for a moment too long. It must be that man's Quirk, he can disintegrate anything just by touching it.

"That Quirk of yours, isn't it unsuited for fighting masses for long periods? Isn't this far removed from your typical job? Isn't your specialty short-length sneak attacks? So was the reason you jumped into battle was to give your students some sort of peace of mind? Oh, look! There you are little Warp Gate," he said, pointing at me. His small speech was enough provocation that one more word would trigger me to pull this man inside my portal and leave him there for all eternity.

"I'm not a Warp Gate," I stated as calmly as I could.

"Acting cool like your Hero Teacher? You're so cool, Eraser Head, so cool,"

"By the way, I'm not the last boss here."

For whatever reason, I found myself being pushed beside. If my initial reaction was as sharp as Aizawa Sensei's, I could've saved him. I could've grabbed his hand and open a portal, saving both of us. But no, he pushed me a good distance away from him as the tall bulky Villain sneaked behind him and hoisted him up.

"I'll bring this student as a bonus after killing All Might," he said in a hissed as he walked towards me.

My knees buckled up. They're shaking too much that I found myself sitting on the ground. No, I wasn't afraid of this skinny man, in terms of physical strength, I think I could manage him. No. The reason why my mind ceased to function any rational thoughts. The reason why my ears stopped hearing noises around. The reason why my eyes are wide as saucers. It was because of the gigantic beast sitting behind Aizawa Sensei. I watch as it break Aizawa Sensei's arm and smashed his head on the pavement.

"Yoru!" In the middle of my horror stricken thoughts, I heard Aizawa Sensei.

"Go! Get out of here!" The humongous beast smashed Aizawa Sensei's head on the ground again, his blood began to pool down on the indented concrete.

"Yoru, you cannot be ignorant for the rest of your life. You cannot hide forever. Because there will come a time...

"...when a situation will demand my attention and will force me to fight."

I stood up and opened a portal. The nearer the distance, the faster the interval of getting there. So, it took me less than a second to reappear behind the hideous beast.

"I'm taking you with me," I stated as I touched its back. The bigger the thing or person is, the longer it will take to bring it inside the portal. I've already brought around a dozen inside already. This thing will be the last.

If I thought it will stay immobilized as I bring it inside a portal, I was completely wrong. Its arm outstretch behind and landed a solid punch on my side that I almost heard a few ribs break. I flew a good distance and landed on the ground.

With a grunt, I opened a portal and landed on the void. Remembering that there are still Villains in here, I decided to open a portal outside. I let my mind wander where I should land. Perhaps the place where I feel the most warmth. Yeah, that's right. That's the perfect place I would gladly reappear. I've lost lots of stamina with my last attempt on bringing that thing inside that I almost did not feel the ground hit my back. I stood up with my shaky legs as I comprehended my surroundings. For some odd reason, I found ice shards on the ground and Todoroki standing not too far from where I stood. He must've felt my presence because he looked around and for a second, he almost doubt his eyes if he is actually seeing me.

"Hoshiko?" He asked in disbelief. I could almost feel myself pout. Just a moment ago, he called me by name. And now, I long to hear him call me again by my name, but I doubt that's going to happen.

"What was the situation over there?" He asked as he stood in front of me.

"It's grim, I failed to bring the bulky Villain inside a portal," I said, looking down. There is nothing to be ashamed of, but I felt guilty for leaving Aizawa Sensei.

"Hoshiko, are you alright? You're bleeding," I could almost heard a speck amount of worry in Todoroki's voice.

"I'm fine," is the only thing I could tell him. Even though I look perfectly injured in all the places possible.

"We should help Aizawa Sensei," I stated, grabbing his arm and opening a portal. Todoroki didn't have much time to comprehend the Villains wandering off inside my portal as we reappeared in front of Bakugou.

"Huh?! The fuck are you doing here, bastards?!" His typical attitude is always beyond my comprehension. I noticed Kirishima was with him too.

I looked at them, silently thinking if I could still bring them all inside a portal. Of course I could. Just this once.

"All three of you, touch me."

I should have a better sense of vocabulary to rearrange my statement but in a situation where Villains could've possibly be killing Aizawa Sensei as of this moment, I didn't have the time to think about what my words could mean.

"Are you nuts, shithead? Why would we touch you?" Bakugou asked. Even Todoroki blinked his eyes in confusion while Kirishima tried to hide his pinkish cheeks.

"Don't misunderstood my words, Bakugou. What I meant was to grab onto me."

Todoroki was the first one to compose himself, I felt his palm on my shoulder. Kirishima and Bakugou followed his action and in a matter of seconds, we get to witness All Might fighting the bulky Villain.

"What the hell was that?" Bakugou asked. Whether it's the current fight between the World's Greatest Hero or his first time experience traveling through time and space, I have no idea.

The next events unfold in front of me in lightning speed. There came a moment when the mist covered man appeared behind me but Bakugou managed to deliver an explosion towards him. It wasn't until I felt a sensation creeping at the back of my head that I finally gave in to darkness. I needed to remind the police force about the Villains inside my portal later. But now, sleep sounds more alluring. When I thought I finally hit the ground, a pair of arms prevented me from doing so. I don't have to open my eyes to see who it was. Just the amount of warmth was enough to know just who.

_____

A nudge woke me up from my sleep. Realizing the battle between All Might and the League of Villains was long over, I looked around to see the Police Force had already arrived.

"Sorry, did I wake you up?" Todoroki asked. Only then did I noticed that he's carrying me.

I would've appraise my initial reaction because I instantly jumped out of Todoroki's arms. If I had this sort of reaction time a while ago, I would've helped Aizawa Sensei more. Speaking of which, I hope he's okay. That injury would kill an ordinary man. But I know Aizawa Sensei doesn't fall in the ordinary. I will have to visit him in the hospital later. But first thing's first.

"Hoshiko, are you okay?"

"I need to find the Police Force Detective," I said unconsciously, brushing off Todoroki's question and walking past him.

I saw a man with a fedora hat and stopped in front of him.

"Sir," I called. The man looked towards me. "There are Villains inside my portal, I'll take them out two at a time and hand them over to the Police Force."

He nodded and I proceeded taking out Villains from my portal. Most of them did not make any violent reaction and that allows me to make this job easier than it should have been.

After about half an hour, I finally get to breath and Detective Tsukauchi thanked me for being a big help which wasn't entirely true.

Afterwards, I visited Aizawa Sensei but the Doctors did not allow me to stay there longer because of his condition. I did not argue with them and decided to walked back to wherever my feet carried me. Later that afternoon, I found myself walking on the familiar alley. While wandering around, I've heard a voice called my name.

"Yoru," he said. I looked around to come face to face with a man I knew all too well.

"What are you doing here, nii-san?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.7K 2.1K 17
Shouto Todoroki, a perfect student. The one where no one talks to yet massively adored by others. Him wanting to focus on school was the only thing h...
10.6K 513 20
Fate decided to toy with a little boy who dreamed of becoming a hero as he lost his respect and fate for heroes. He instead became a villain and "joi...
226K 4.8K 54
Starting school in a world full of quirks is always fun and exciting, but falling in love and having feelings reciprocated is less fun and more compl...
106K 3.7K 17
Katsuki Bakugou hates having so much homework. Isn't it enough to spend his entire day learning without having to do so much work after school? How i...