XXI. STARS FROZEN IN TIME

If there's one thing I learned about life; it can change at a moment's notice. And if life itself can change so quickly, humans can change quicker. Once a monster can find the human within him. And the human, he can find the monster within as well. Humans, according to natural law, are the most ironic creatures in the world. They promise, then they change, then they break the promise.

Humans, no matter how crazy the notion was, are like weather. It's not always sunny, it's not always snowing. Change is a necessary process in the building blocks of human emotions. But really, when people change, will they change for good or will that change just as temporary as the mist during the dawn that will be carried by the wind by morning.

It was just merely ten seconds after the start of our match, the temperature around instantly drop to a freezing point. Perhaps it was because of Todoroki's ice that now covers a wide range of the fighting stage. I really hate it. The cold, I mean. All my life I've been living inside a very cold household with a very cold parents. And now, even the boy I've started to like is literally cold and emitting ice that would seriously be fatal to his opponent.

How many times have I admitted it to myself? That I do like him? But somehow I couldn't admit it aloud. And I doubt if I ever will.

I open my portal here and there, going in and out like a flick of a switch. I'd like to think it was that easy– like flicking a switch. But, no. I'm starting to exhaust my stamina. Uraraka has to touch her opponent to activate her quirk. Much like mine. However, the difference was this; I can appear before or behind my opponent delaying their reaction time.