XIX. THOSE BORN WITH EVERYTHING

Life can be complex most of the times. But aren't we all just human beings, staring at the same sky, walking on the same land. So what makes us different from one another? They say the strong are the ones allowed to make decisions while the weak only follow blindly. But was it really?

Empathy, I wasn't taught of such thing when I was young. Sympathy was something I don't comprehend on a daily basis. When you're on top, you don't need to bother with those beneath you. Because, after all, I was one of those born with everything.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" I took the liberty of asking the question because I doubt Todoroki would speak any moment had I not ask him that.

"Hoshiko, I wasn't expecting it to be so soon. But fate is working in my favor, after all."

Fate, he said? Fate does not work in anyone's favor. It works on its own accord, annoying the hell out of people. You cannot tie down fate and make it work in your favor. Similarly, you cannot force someone to lose if you, yourself, isn't giving it your all, Todoroki.

"First it was Midoriya, who was somehow connected to All Might. And now, it's you, the daughter of the Pro Heroes my old man was acquainted with. I will beat you both, using only my mother's quirk. I wonder how infuriated that man will look."