Once in a Lifetime (On hold u...

By _Just_Nikki_

Nicole and Cayley were sisters. Or so they told people. They were really just best friends. Best friends with... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Author's Note: Please Read!!
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Vote for Taken in the Watty Awards

Chapter 35

19.7K 127 75
By _Just_Nikki_

Author's Note: Here it is. The long awaited chapter 35. This is gonna be one of the last chapters. only a few left. So, enjoy it.

--Harry's P.O.V--

I wanted to be with Nikki. I really did. I wanted us both to be happy, but me being here wasn't making her happy. Her happiness meant more to me than mine. So, I decided to go back home. I pulled myself up out of the bed, and pulled on sweatpants, and a tshirt. I packed the rest of my stuff, and then opened the door to my hotel. I went across the hall, and knocked on Liam's hotel room door.

It opened, and Liam himself was standing there. His eyes widened as he looked at me.

"Haz?" He asked, as if he was only imagining me standing there.

"Yeah, Li. It's me." I said quietly. He shoved the door out of the way, and embraced me in a hug. I let go of my bags to hug him back.

"Oh, my gosh, Harry! We were so worried about you! I-" He stopped when he looked at my bags. "Harry?"

"Can I come in, Li?" He nodded, and I picked my bags up and stepped through the door, and into his hotel room.

"Hey, Harry!" Louis said. Everyone smiled at me, but their smiles faded when they saw me holding my bags.

"Harry, what's going?" Zayn asked.

"Why do you have your stuff packed?" Niall asked.

"Because, I'm leaving."

"Where ya going?" Lou asked.

"Home, Lou. I'm going back to England."

"Why?" Zayn asked.

"Nothing has changed. We haven't changed her mind."

"But we will Harry!" Cayley said. "We just need some more time and-"

"No, Cayley. We've tried everything. And I appreicate everything you've done for me, but it's not working. I care about Nikki. A lot. And I just want her to be happy. Her happiness means more to me than my own does. As long as she's happy I don't care. So, if me leaving will make her happy, then so be it. That's all I want. I just want her to be happy."

"Are you sure you're ready to give her up?" Louis asked me. I looked at him.

"No." I said truthfully. "I'm not ready to give her up. I don't think I'll ever be ready to give her up. But, I'm ready for her to be happy."

"Okay then, Mate. We'll go pack our stuff." Liam said, moving towards the bedroom, with Zayn following behind him.

"Cayley, you're coming too, right, Babe?" Niall asked, looking over at Cayley. She looked at me. Nikki was her best friend. I knew that she normally wouldn't leave without Nikki.

"Of course." She said, looking away from me, and at Niall. "I'll go pack."

"I'll text you to pick up your ticket." Niall said.

"Alright." She said. She kissed him before hurrying out the door.

--Cayley's P.O.V--

I ran to my house, and started packing. Of course I was going back to England with him. But so was Nikki. If she knew I was going, she would probably go. After finishing packing everything I needed, I started for Nikki's.

I climbed through her window, and walked over to her bed.

"Get up, Nikki." I said, pulling the cover off of her. She sat bolt upright.

"What is with people interrupting me when I'm sleeping? Leave me alone."

"He's leaving you know." I said. "He's going home. Because of you. He just wnats you to be happy, and he thinks you'll be happy once he leaves. But I know you Nikki. And I know that won't make you happy. No matter what you say, you love him, and you want to be with him."

"I don't know what you're talking about." She said.

"Of for Heaven's sake, Nikki! Stop lying to me! You've admitted it to yourself. I know you have. You want nothing more than to be with him. So, do it. You both want to be with each other."

"Cayley, I'm not going to be with him. I'm not getting cheated on."

"Oh, my gosh!" I yelled. "Nikki, not every guy wants to cheat on you! Not every guy is like John, okay? It's possible for a guy to love you. And Harry loves you! If he didn't he wouldn't be here. I'm going back to England with them. I'm not going to stand here and argue with you. When you decide to stop being a baby, you come to the airport and get on the plane with us. I'll text you the details." I said before leaving.

--Nikki's P.O.V--

Why does she always have to bring John into the conversation? I thought to myself. Because he's the reason you're avoiding Harry. You're afraid of what he did to you happening again. You'll never be happy if you don't forget about it.

It had been almost half an hour since she left. My phone buzzed.

Cayley: Flight 142. Plane leaves in 20 minutes. Times ticking. Better hurry.

I sat there for a few minutes longer before grabbing the suitcases I still hadn't unpacked. I ran to Jayce's room.

"Jayce, come on! I need your help!" I yelled.

"With what?"

"Just come on! Give me the keys, and come on." Normally he would have asked why, but this time he didn't. He threw me the keys, and followed me out to the truck. He put my bags, in the back, and I raced off to the airport. The plane was taking off in 10 minutes, and I still had about 8 minutes left to drive.

I went as fast as I dared to go, and pulled into the airport. I jumped out of the truck.

"Get my bags!" I yelled to Jayce as I raced inside. I had explained everything to him on the ride over. I reached the terminal where Harry's plane was boarding.

"Flight 142 is now leaving." A voice said over the intercom.

"No!" I shrieked, running towards the doors that would lead to the plane. But they were closed. I stepped back, and watched the plane move down the run way, and take off into the sky.

"Nikki?" I looked up to see Jayce, my bags still in his hand. "What happened?"

"I missed the plane. Can you take my stuff back to the truck? I'll be there in a minute." He nodded, and walked off. I collpased onto one of the plastic chairs, and bent over, putting my face in my hands. I let the tears come. I didn't even care anymore. I had missed the plane. I had no way to get a ticket. Cayley had bought mine for this time. I just cried. If I wasn't so stubborn, I would be on that plane right now.

"Nikki?" I heard my name again, but this time it wasn't my brother. No, it most definately was not my brother. Not entirely belieiving my ears, I looked up.

"Harry?" I asked, looking at the curly haired brown eyed boy I cared so much for.

"What are you doing here?" He asked me.

"Oh... you know. What are you doing here? I think you missed your plane." I said. He looked at me with those green eyes of his.

"No, I didn't miss it. I let it leave without me."

"Why did you do that?"

"Because, there's someone here in California that I care loads about. And, I was stupidly going to get on a plane, thinking she'd be happier if I wasn't here. But then, I decided I hadn't tried enough to get her to talk to me. And I still had a few days to convince her to give me a chance. So, I changed my mind, and told my friends to go on without me." He said. "Now that you know why I'm here, why are you here?"

"Well, you know. There's this boy that I care loads about.  And I was stupidly going to let him get on a plane and go back to his home country without telling him how I felt about him." I said.

"Oh, really?" He asked. I nodded.

"Really." Harry grinned at me, and I grinned back. I pushed myself up off the chair, and ran over to him. I threw my arms around his neck, and his arms wound around my waist. I hugged him tightly as he picked me up off the ground.

"Sorry it took so long to let you know." I said against his neck.

"Sorry it took my so long to try to get you to talk to me myself." He said. I pulled back, and looked at him. "So, that boy you care loads about... is he good looking?"

"Just kiss me." I laughed. He smiled, and moved his head towards mine. His soft lips pressed against mine, and immediately I felt whole again. It was like going home after being gone for so long. But, where you missed it so much, and you were happy to be back. That's what it felt like.

"I'm not letting you go ever again." He said, pulling back from me. I smiled. "I care about you way too much. And, if you had stuck around long enough for me to get back from the interview, you would have known I was going to ask you to be my girlfriend."

"You were?" I asked, smiling at him.

"Mhm." I looked at him, waiting for him to ask me, but he didn't. He just continued staring at me, a smile on his face before kissing me again.

"Aren't you going to ask me?" I asked him, pulling away.

"Nope."

"Why not?"

"Because."

"Because why, Harry?"

"You'll see." I sighed, and he put me down. "So, I guess I need to go check into another hotel."

"Why would you check into a hotel? You can stay with me."

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"No, not at all." I said sarcastically. "What kind of question is that? Of course I'm sure. Now come on. Jayce is waiting."

"Jayce?" He asked.

"My big brother."

"Oh, God."

"Don't worry. He's alright." I grabbed my bags, and waited for Harry to get his, and we headed out to Jayce's truck. "Hey, Jayce!" I said.

"There you are! Hey, why are you happy? You were just crying- woah. Wait. Who's that?" Jayce asked, getting out of the truck so that all 6 foot 2 inches of him were seen. I heard Harry gulp beside me.

"This is Harry. He's my friend." I said. "My special friend." I looked at my brother, giving him a warning look. Hurt him, or say anything embarassing about me, and you die. I said in my head. He seemed to pick up the message.

"Okay then. Are you ready?" He asked me. I nodded, and went to put my bags in the back.

"Uh uh!" I said, seeing Jayce head for the driver's side of the truck. He turned around.

"What?"

"I'm driving."

"Are you kidding me?" He asked. "I can't even drive my own truck?"

"Do I look like I'm kidding? And as I've pointed out before, I'm a better driver than you. I don't want to die today, and I'm sure Harry doesn't either. Besides, you don't want to be responsible for killing one of the most loved boys in the world."

"And you do?" He asked.

"I'm not going to kill him. I'm a better driver than you. Again!" My brother sighed, and  opened the door. "Harry, get in the middle." I said. He looked at me, and reluctantly climbed in next to me. Jayce got in, and shut the door, and I took off towards my house.

Author's note: Yeah, this was incredibly short and suckish. sorry. Wrote it in an hour. :/

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

362K 7K 17
(Prologue...) Amanda lived next door to the Styles family. With the famous Harry Styles, you know from One Direction! Gemma Styles is his little sist...
262K 4.7K 39
Melanie was a fan of One Direction, but she never knew how close she would get to a certain Harry Styles. After her friend gave Harry a slip of paper...
213K 4.6K 88
When Kylie turns 18 she moves to London to become a world famous model. This has been her dream since she was 13. When Kylie goes to an agency one d...
1K 92 25
Vannie and Maiya were best friends but a trip to London might change that. Vannie gets caught up in a love triangle with two members of the British b...