The Legend Thief - Part 5: Th...

By Quincieevee

Following the events of last book, everyone is back in the Protego Base. Quinci Laciasal, the heir of Team Va... More

Chapter 1: The OMG Razzberry
Chapter 2: Friendoz 2.0
Chapter 4: SS Da Huang Ya
Chapter 5: When there are No Parents to tell you NO
Chapter 6: What's Worse than Raichu's Pop Tarts?
Chapter 7: Pidgey's Positively Perfect Pancake Palace
Chapter 8: Battle at the Water Park
Chapter 9: Bell & Raichu vs Arbok
Chapter 10: Pichu vs Ash
Chapter 11: Oi Boy and Oy Boy
Chapter 12: The Reason
Chapter 13: The Hurricane
Chapter 14: Welcome to the Philippines!
Chapter 15: Shipping Time
Chapter 16: Going to a Chinese Resteraunt
Chapter 17: How to Face Your Fears
Chapter 18: The Wrap Battle
Chapter 19: The Pun Battle
Chapter 20: SS Da Huang Ya II
Chapter 21: When Spark was Still Here
Chapter 22: Mr. Peeve
Chapter 23: The Lost Heir
Chapter 24: Mushy Mushroom
Chapter 25: The Sandstorm (Part 1)
Chapter 26: The Sandstorm (Part 2)
Chapter 27: Cactus Juice
Chapter 28: Stop, Drop, and FLOP
Chapter 29: When you Realize the Garlic Bread is a Coconut
Chapter 30: Separated and Trapped
Chapter 31: Conflicted Feelings
Chapter 32: The Talking Mushroom
Chapter 33: The Final Choice
Chapter 34: Follow Your Instincts
Chapter 35: The Dandelion Trail
Deleted Scenes (Part 1)
Chapter 36: The Battle for the Blooberry
Chapter 37: To Start Anew
Chapter 38: The Legendary of Ice
Chapter 39: The Bolt of Lightning
Chapter 40: The Girl in Blue
Deleted Scenes (Part 2)

Chapter 3: The Instinct Base

6 0 0
By Quincieevee

Raichu, Pichu, Bell, Shelly, Ravisu, Quinci, and Rudia flew to the Instinct Base on Croissant. Shelly narrowed her eyes against the howling wind. The Instinct Base was rapidly coming closer and closer in the distance on top of a mountain.

"So what exactly did you program the robots to do?" Ravisu asked Bell.

"I programed them to do what the teacher says to do. Oh and when they run out of battery, they do the happy water dance and drown themselves in a river," Bell answered.

"WHAT???" Shelly gasped.

"What's the happy water dance?" Raichu asked.

Rudia giggled. Ravisu snickered. Quinci laughed. "It's the dance you do when you REALLY gotta go pee," Quinci answered, giggling.

"Stop using the word 'pee'!" Shelly said.

"NEVER!!!" Quinci replied.

Quinci and Shelly glared angrily at each other as Ravisu asked, "How long do the batteries last?"

"Anywhere from 5.174937 days to 5.235283 days," Bell replied.

"Five days to find the cure," Raichu muttered under his breath.

"We're here!" Ravisu exclaimed. Croissant landed bumpily on the side of the mountain. Everyone jumped off on him and put him back inside the pokeball.

The friends walked up to the peak of the mountain. A huge doorway stood on the top.

"This looks different from when we last saw it," Shelly commented.

"That's because we entered from the other side of the mountain," Raichu explained. He took off the rubber gloves and zapped the entryway. The door grew lightning yellow and opened.

"Woah!" Shelly peered inside, holding onto the doorway. Quinci suddenly remembered that time when they had entered the Mystic base through Shelly's ice tunnel. Quinci had tried to push Rudia in, but Rudia had dodged and she had fallen in first.

Looking at Shelly right now, Quinci instinctively thrust her hand out forward to push her in. Shelly, of course, instinctively dodged.

"AW COME ON!" Quinci yelled, as she plunged into the darkness. It turned out that it was in fact a direct vertical fall. Her screams of delight echoed through the tunnel. Her hair whipped at her face... though it didn't matter since she couldn't see in the dark anyways. There was a little light at the end of the slide.

"Wheee!!!!" Bell cried.

At the top, Bell, Ravisu, Pichu, and Rudia had all already jumped in. Shell was the only one still there besides Raichu. She gulped, and her knuckles whitened as she gripped the doorway. She was scared of heights, and therefor scared of rollercoasters, hot air balloons, falls, skydiving, etc. She wasn't scared of, however, public speaking, snakes, spiders, etc.

Even if she told herself that she wouldn't get hurt, fear would still flutter viciously inside her. But Shell smothered her fear at the bottom of her heart, but wisps of it still remained. It won't kill you, she thought, you won't get hurt, you'll be---

"COME ON!" Raichu yelled as he pushed the unwilling shell in and went after.

She landed on a giant cushion that broke her fall. She quickly climbed out, and wobbly walked over to her friends. They were standing on a metal balcony, overlooking the Instinct base. Shelly grabbed the fencing, and nearly tripped at what she saw.

She had forgotten that the Instinct base was so... tall on the inside. Stairs and elevators were practically the only use of transportation. Balconies lined the walls, some small, others as long as hallways. After the recent fall, Shelly was not looking forward to such heights so soon.

"Isn't your room that one?" Pichu pointed to a door on the left.

"Yes. And it's my office," Raichu said. Shelly laughed under her breath.

The friends quickly went down some metal stairs, and as they did so, an Instinct member approached them. He had black hair, and wore an orange hoodie. He appeared to be the same age as them.

"Raichu Human!" The Instinct member said, "We've received news on the legendaries..."

"What?" Raichu asked. "Quickly, Wonton, we're on a tight schedule."

"Uh, we have intel that Cobalion and Terrakion have been captured," Wonton said. "That means The Guy is going to capture Virizion next."

"Tell some Instincts to try and protect the area wherever Virizion's rumored to live," Raichu ordered, "He'll show up there, so try to keep him at bay."

"Yes O Great Fidget Spinner!" Wonton quickly left to carry out Raichu's command.

" 'O Great Fidget Spinner'?" Ravisu laughed.

"It's tradition!" Raichu explained. "My dad was called 'The Grand Bottle Flipper.' And my grandmother was called 'Mistress of the Rainbow Loom!'"

"Instincts..." Bell sighed, and laughed quietly. The seven came to Raichu's "office."

Pokeballs lined the left wall (most of them with the Instinct logo on them). There were computers on the right wall. In the back, there was a single desk for doing homework. Under the desk, there was a little basket of papers.

"Here it is," Raichu said, putting the basket of papers on the desk. He gave everyone a stack of papers to look through.

Shelly skimmed through her stack of papers. Some of them were maps of sacred pokemon places throughout the world (like where to find Cresselia and Darkrai). Others, were of data, like which rainbow loom was the stretchiest, or the official bottle-flipping world record--

"YAS!!!" Rudia shouted. Everyone rushed over. "A MAP TO THE BIGGEST SQUIRTLE SPAWN IN THE WORLD!!!" Shelly shook her head, and sighed.

"Rudiia!" Bell said, exasperated, "No one cares about that!"

"I do!" Rudia said indignantly. Shell tried to ignore their squabble, and went back to work. She shifted aside a paper of music notes, with the title Meloetta's Song. She would look into that later.

Shelly recognized one of the papers as the map to the Pokemon Sanctuary. There were architectural plans of the team bases being constructed, and history on the creation of the universe.

As Shelly brushed aside the blueprints of a pokeball, she found a folded paper. She opened it, to reveal a world atlas.

"Look at this guys," Shelly said, tracing her hands over the delicate paper. Certain locations were marked with magenta dots. She scanned the map for razzberries.

"Woah!" Pichu gasped. "This is amazing!"

"Look!" Quinci commented, pointing at a dot in the U.S. "That's the Pokemon Sanctuary!"

"The original razzberries were found in Africa," Ravisu said. "Who knew?"

Shelly spotted what she was looking for, "GMO razzberries were invented in India."

"And look!" Bell added, pointing to a dot not far from it. "The only cure is to find OMG razzberries, or blooberries. And blooberries are found right there! In an Oasis in China's Gobi desert!!!"

"YAY!!!" Quinci cheered. "NOW LETZ GET MOVIN'!!!"

***

Zapdos snuck into the Instinct Base using a secret passage he had built that lead straight to Raichu's office. He climbed into a small hole and the peak of the mountain and dove down. He landed in Raichu's office and saw papers strewn everywhere.

"So disorganized," Zapdos grumbled, straightening up the papers. He couldn't even find the world map! But Zapdos finally found what he was looking for and flew off, a paper clamped in his beak.

The key to capturing Mew and Mewtwo.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

185K 2.1K 14
Ash Ketchum is betrayed by those who he once considered friends. His mother disowns him saying he brought shame to her name. Pikachu was killed by Tr...
272K 3.2K 38
[Story cover edited by me] Description: Ash is heading back to Pallet Town in Kanto after a crushing defeat with the battle with Alain, making him co...
199 12 22
Almost a year had past since the Rebellion of Team Instinct, and all four Pokemon Go teams are finally at peace- for now. As Quinci Laciasal, the hei...
60 4 12
Following the events of the last book, Shelly Yangtze, Quinci Laciasal, and their friends are trapped in the Instinct Base. Raichu Human, the new lea...