The Tutor

By xXMeXx627

Gracie May Howards is a brat. She's mean, and she not very smart at all. But she has that personality that'... More

1. The Tutor
2. The Tutor
3. The Tutor
4. The Tutor
5. The Tutor
6. The Tutor
7. The Tutor
8. The Tutor
9. The Tutor
10. The Tutor
11. The Tutor
12. The Tutor
13. The Tutor
14. The Tutor
15. The Tutor
16. The Tutor
17. The Tutor
18. The Tutor
20. The Tutor
21. The Tutor
22. The Tutor
23. The Tutor
24. The Tutor
25. The Tutor
26. The Tutor
27. The Tutor
28. The Tutor
29. The Tutor
30. The Tutor
31. The Tutor
32. The Tutor
33. The Tutor
34. The Tutor
35. The Tutor
36. The Tutor
37. The Tutor
38. The Tutor
39. The Tutor
40. The Tutor (End)
The Tutor (Epilogue)
The Tutor (Special)

19. The Tutor

211K 2.1K 240
By xXMeXx627

19

It's been a couple weeks and now it's time for us all to go on Christmas vacation. Everyone was very excited.

I was more nervous than excited. I'm going to go meet my boyfriend's family. It's a little nerve-racking.

We were not just getting on the plane and he took my hand reassuringly.

"I know that you're worried, but don't. They'll like you."

"I'll try and make a good impression."

"That's all I ask, but at the same time, it's okay to be yourself."

"Are you sure about that?"

"No, but what can they do about it if I want to date you."

I chuckled and lightly shoved his shoulder.

We sat in our chairs and he still held my hand lightly. I loved it. I really just loved being near him.

I loved when he held me. I loved when he kissed me. I loved when he smiled at my stupidity. I simply love him. I can freely admit it now.

After that big fiasco where I thoroughly embarrassed myself we finally truly said we loved each other. So, now it's out in the open, and I'm actually okay with it.

"Okay, so what do you think that lady's story is?" I asked looking at this lady typing away at her computer.

This was one of my favorite games. You look at a person and then think of a story that brought them here.

"Hmm...Well, I would guess that she's in her late thirties."

"Good start."

"Probably no husband, but wishes she had made the commitment sooner."

"Very nice."

"She's addicted to her job and right now she's going on vacation. Her co-workers made her because they're actually her friends, like in those geeky chick flicks."

I chuckled. "That's not bad, but why would she be going to Sacramento to vacation?"

"I don't know, but this is my story, don't butt it."

I laughed. "Fine."

"Okay, well maybe she was reluctant to go because she's such a workaholic and now she's still trying to detach herself from work."

"What if she's getting back from vacation and this is just a stop on the way? Because Sacramento would be like where you go to work, not vacation."

"Hey, when it's your turn you can make up your own crap. I'm sticking with my story."

"Jeez!"

"Okay, well why she's there she's going to meet someone and fall madly in love, the end."

I applauded him. "Very nice story. You may have a little creativity in you yet."

He laughed. "Well that's why we're good for each other. You're the creative one and I'm the smart one."

I hit his arm. "You're lucky that I'm so used to those comments."

"Hey, I'm not saying you're dumb."

"You're implying it."

"I feel a sense of déjà vu."

"Yeah." I laughed.

I leaned my head on his shoulder. I didn't get good sleep last night. I don't know why though.

"Are you tired?"

"A little."

"Well go to sleep then."

"I don't want to." I whined.

"You're such a child."

"Bite me." I mumbled against his shoulder.

All of the sudden I felt his lips on mine and he bit my lower lip. I pulled back with wide eyes. "You asked for it." He shrugged, smirking.

After a second I smiled too. "You of all people should know a figure of speech."

"Why would I want to pass up an opportunity like that?"

I chuckled.

~*~

We got off the airplane, well...I more like stumbled off. I stayed awake the whole time, and now I'm paying for it.

Carson had my hand and dragged me along. We went down the escalator and I had no idea who I was looking for, but I did see Carson brighten up and wave a little.

I looked down at who he was waving at; a man that looked like an older Carson, a boy that looked around fourteen and an adorable little girl. I knew he had another brother, but he's probably not home yet.

We got off the escalator and Mariah, his little sister, came running up and wrapped her little arms around his legs. "Carson!" She yelled happily.

"Hey shortstack." He said hugging her back.

"Hey bro." Paul, his younger brother, said coming up. Carson and him shared a quick hug then Carson's dad greeted him.

"How has school been?" He asked.

I felt slightly out of the loop. I still wasn't introduced.

"Fine, but I'd like you all to meet my girlfriend Gracie." He said putting his hand on the small of my back and bringing me forward.

I smiled and greeted them.

Mariah was the most interested. "You like my brother?"

"Yes, I do." I aid smiling.

"Then I like you, because I like my brother too!"

I chuckled. "Good, then we have something in common."

"It's nice to meet you Gracie." Carson's dad said shaking my hand. "You can call me Rick."

"So nice to meet you too finally." I smiled.

"Well, you both must be tired. Let's get your stuff and head home."

We went over and collected our baggage and found their car. Carson and I sat in the very back and little Mariah kept turning around to talk to us. She was so excited to have her big brother home.

We got to their house and unloaded everything. "Well, Gracie, you can sleep in Carson's room. He'll sleep out on the couch because he's a gentleman." His dad smirked.

"Sounds great." I said smiling.

Carson just rolled his eyes.

We got everything inside and Carson helped me bring my stuff up to his room. It was pretty plain, which made sense since he didn't stay here often. It had white walls and a blue bed. There was a desk on the far wall in front of a window. The closet doors were full length mirrors. It was a pretty pleasant room over all.

"I like it." I smiled at Carson and he gave me a smirk back.

"I'm glad, since you'll be staying here for a while."

"My mom only allowed me to stay three days, remember?"

"Oh yes. What a shame. That's hardly enough time."

"For what?"

He took me in his arms and looked down at me smiling. "Anything."

He leaned down slowly and pressed his lips against mine. I parted mine and he quickly followed. He ran one of his hands through my hair lightly, sending shivers down my back. He broke away from my lips and kissed my neck. Everywhere his lips touched felt like fire. I love the times where it's just him and me, and no one else even matters.

He kissed my sweet spot and my knees went weak. Lucky for me he was holding on. He smiled against my skin, and then kissed back up to my lips.

"Carson!" His dad called from downstairs.

Carson sighed and put his forehead against mine. "Dang." His breath was a little ragged, along with mine.

"Go see what he wants. I'll get settled in." I said pecking his cheek.

He smiled and walked downstairs.

I took a deep breath and waited a few seconds for my heart to settle down. I looked around a little.

I walked over to the desk and opened a few drawers. The first one I inspected had only some old homework papers I assumed.

I opened the drawer below it and it had some old game station. I closed it and looked in the main drawer.

There was a book. I picked it up and quickly realized it was a photo album.

I opened it up and looked through.

My mouth fell open. There on the first page was a family photo. I was awe struck. Carson looked a little younger with shorter hair and less muscle, while his older brother looked very similar to how he looks now, only with shorter hair. Then there was Paul, who looked very young, but incredibly similar to his brothers.

In her mother's arms was a toddler Mariah. She was absolutely adorable, but what shocked me most was their mother. I held her picture up to the mirror next to me and she looks so similar it was strange. Blonde hair, blue eyes, and big smile. She looks very kind and loving, which is not me in the least bit. Their dad looked exactly like Carson only slightly older. It was daunting.

I looked through the photo album and couldn't help but smile. Carson was a smiling little boy in some pictures. There were some of just the kids or just the boys, then just the girls. Then I noticed something change as they got older in the pictures. Carson looked way different. The way he dressed and you could just tell from his demeanor that he was a jackass. Not like how he is now, but like he thought he was so cool and was a bad guy. Then the pictures just stopped. No more.

I slowly closed the little book and set it back in the drawer. I went and sat on the bed. Obviously I know the whole story, but now that I know what she looks like it takes on a whole new meaning. She looked like such a wonderful person and for her to die is just not right. My heart truly aches for their dad more than anyone. She was his wife. He loved her more than anything and to have her taken away just like that and leaving four kids behind had to be one of the hardest things anyone would have to go through.

I put my head in my hands and I actually felt a tear go down my cheek. That's how sad I felt over this. Me, Gracie May Howards is crying for another person's suffering.

Life is short, you have to live to the fullest.

**This chapter started out kind of lacking, but it kind of picked up near the end I think. =) I know it's a little less happy and fun than usual, but I still hope you liked it. =) Also, for the record, before your creepy little minds get out of control, no they are not related at all. Lol ;P**

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.8K 184 15
Ally Lynn Mays was never the girl in the cheer leading squad who everybody loved. No, she was always the girl in the back of the classroom. Your all...
7.7K 493 30
Brooklyn goes to middle school. She thinks having a crush on some guy seems easy but stupid. She has had a crush on Jack Palmer for a few years now...
3.6K 160 20
"Cool, lets go!" we jumped off his bed and ran towards his stairway, where he sat on his railing. "What are you doing?" I asked the crazy person. "Be...
339K 11.8K 30
☆☆☆ He was rich, handsome and ruthless and he thought he wouldn't fall until he met her. She was beautiful, kind and smart but she never thought a ma...