Red Room Lovers

By MG_writing2703

Natasha Romanoff has been avoiding James Buchanan Barnes ever since he returned and does not remember her or... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 2

7.2K 156 29
By MG_writing2703

(Really long chapter sorry...it's a problem) 
(Natasha's POV)

I rubbed my eyes wearily shaking off the nightmare I had just woken up from. I peeked open my eyes and rolled my head to the side, seeing the bright light that shone throughout my room. I sat up and swept my short locks of crimson hair out of my face. When I went to press my feet onto the rug I jolted at the feel of the cold floor. 

I frowned and looked to my feet...there was no carpet. I then glanced around my room and noticed many things misplaced. The small colorful carpet now scrunched up near the dressed, the leather chair that was placed beside my door now pulled up against my bed. I gaped when my eyes caught sight of the doorknob or lack thereof because it had been broken off completely. 

When I looked closer there was a small dint on my bed frame where the chair had been slammed.
Someone was here and whoever it was is strong. My mind immediately drifted to James Buchanan Barnes...
He is a super-soldier capable of doing this and he has been very adamant lately on asking me about my past in the Red Room and if he and I crossed paths there. I was reluctant to tell him solely because I spent half of my life with him. 

He trained me and guided me until it turned romantic and then he was suddenly gone and I had not seen him until he regained his memories....well most of them. 

I brushed off the thought. He did not do this.

I slipped on my Shield suit and walked down to the Avenger's kitchen.

I arrived and greeted Clint Barton and Bruce Banner. they were sitting on the couch talking loudly. I then grabbed a small cup of coffee and seated myself at the wooden table that sat in the middle of the kitchen that seated seven people and wobbled fervently when someone sat down. 

Moments later Steve Rogers arrived in the kitchen grabbing a large bottle of water. He wore his full Captain America suit and his shield swung lazily over his back. He approached me and smiled widely. Steve and I had become close over the last couple of years after I opened up enough to him when I felt I could trust him. But of course, that also means James shadow because they are best friends or whatever and Steve is constantly talking about him and about the memories he is regaining. 

"Morning, Natasha." I groaned at his overly joyful voice. "Morning, Rodgers," I said flatly placing my phone onto the table and starting a short conversation with him before we were interrupted by James who suddenly walked in. 

I looked up at him and his eyes flashed many emotions that I could not place... I finally flickered my gaze back to Steve who waved for James to come and sit with us. I mentally groaned and attempted to keep my eyes on Steve but on the rare occasion I did look at him he was always looking back. 

 "Hey, Steve is there any way you can fix the lock on my door?" I asked leaning forward and fluttering my eyelashes at him flirtatiously. James did not seem to notice.  "No, I have the last minute mission. But why?" He asked. "I am very sure someone broke into my room last night," I was blatantly honest and when I looked over at James who was staring off into oblivion his face changed.

 Suddenly Steve leaned forwards and placed his hands on the table signaling James' attention. "Can I speak with you, Buck?" He said angrily. My eyes met James and he looked just as confused to Steve's sudden aggression as I did. "Sure..." He said getting up and walking with Steve to the countertops where I could no longer hear them.

They talked about five minutes before Steve hit James' back and smiled walking off into the halls I am assuming to his mission. 
__
I just arrived back from a meeting with Director Fury about some issues regarding the other agents but we resolved them quickly. I approached the hall to my room because I needed to change for training which I do every day to take my mind off things. I don't know why but ever since James has arrived I have felt strange a feeling I can't quite place...nostalgia? 

When I crossed the hall and entered the pathway to my hall I quickly heard some weird noises. Clanking and tapping. I was on high alert now and I whipped my head around the corner and immediately retreated when I saw a large man in dark black crouched near my door with tools. I looked again and the man looked up but not before I whipped around the corner to avoid his gaze. 

Was he breaking into my room? No, because it already has no lock...

I pulled a throwing dagger swiftly from my thigh strap and held it firmly in my palm. When I looked once more and his head was down and he was on his knees I took that as my chance to throw...and I did.
I watched it whirl down the hall and land no more than an inch away from his head...
He popped his head up and met my eyes in shock and wonder. 
I cupped my hand over my mouth and gasped trotting quickly down the hall.

"James! I'm sorry I thought you were...someone else." I said in surprise bending down near him. He rubbed the back of his neck nervously and grinned. "It's fine. My fault for wearing all black, I look like a criminal," I let a little laugh pass and he looked surprised I had laughed. "Still though I should have been surer, "

"Nice, shot," He looked up and pulled off his black cap letting his long brown locks fall onto his shoulders. He placed his hand on my dagger and pried it out of the door with a firm pull. It left a small gash. 
I dismissed the compliment and fixed my eyes on the door. "Can you fix it before tonight?" I asked. "Maybe..." He said unsure of himself. "Do you know who did it?"I could detect a hint of guilt in his stare which leads me frown. "No, but whoever did it had no means to hide it," I scoffed looking inside the room. "Maybe they planted something? A camera?" He shrugged his shoulders. 

___
We ended up talking into the hours of the night while he fixed the lock and even afterward we talked. I had forgotten how much James and I had in common and how much I enjoyed talking to him. It was awkward at first. Small talk but after a little while, it turned into loud laughing and easy talk. 
"Thank you for fixing the lock," I smirked as he stood and smiled back at me. "No, problem." 
"And sorry for throwing a knife at you," I apologized again. "It's fine if it was going to hit me I would have caught it," He said jokingly. "Yeah, right," I said sarcastically shoving his shoulder. 

___
(James POV) 

Later in the early hours of the morning just barely becoming light I could not fall asleep so I decided to go and train. I groaned and slowly put on a t-shirt and camo shorts with a black cap. I placed my hands on the door and opened it slowly. 

When I arrived at the training room I noticed quickly that Natasha was there throwing daggers aggressively at the small targets that stood no chance. She tossed one down the long path and it hit straight in the middle piercing it mercilessly. The daggers edge pokes through the other side of the target. That could have been my head earlier...

I started to slowly back away even though I was enticed of how she trained.
"Scared of me, James?" She turned around and looked me in the eyes grinning. I froze suddenly, surprised that she was so sarcastic and open. 

"No, I just did not want to interrupt anything," She tossed the dagger to the side and started to walk towards me. "Train with me? I could use a partner of your strength?" She said but sounded unsure.

"Sure," I thought it harmless plus maybe I could get something out of her.

We walked over to the mats and stood across from each other. "So-" She threw a punch fast and I barely caught it in time before it collided with my face. "No talking." She said almost angrily. I smirked and took this to my advantage grasping her fist harder and flipping her over me. She landed skillfully on her feet and slid under me kicking out my legs.

 I lost my balance and almost fell over but I regained my balance at the last minute. 

"I guess I underestimated you," She stood back and smiled at me. "I learned from the best," Once it was said she cupped her hand over her mouth as if not meaning to say that. 

"Who taught you?" I used this chance to inch closer. "Forget I said that, James," I frowned at her and grasped her wrist before she could walk away. "Why do you call me James? I never told you my real name and no one calls me that anymore so why do you?" Her face changed into guilt and maybe fear. 

"Leave it be," She yanked at her wrist but I kept a firm hold. "Natasha, why won't you tell me anything? I know we have come across each other before. I dream of you and I know you dream of me," She froze, her eyes widened. "You were my teacher in the Red Room for many years," She said quickly avoiding my eyes shyly.

"So we met in the Red Room?" She nodded lightly. "We used to go on missions together as partners," I released her wrist and she started to rub it. "That's why I have frequent dreams about you," I whispered.
"You dream of our missions?" She asked. "Yes, a lot actually," She gulped and let her head fall.
"I should have told you sooner," She whispered. "That's all?" 
"Yes, nothing else to tell. You taught me for a little while and we went on a few missions. that is it." I frowned knowing she was lying. "Are you sure?" 

"I have to go, bye," She walked fast to the door and swung around the corner before I could protest. Why was so she adamant about keeping me in the dark?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

227K 6.6K 39
𝑺𝒉𝒆'𝒔 𝒂 π’‘π’‚π’“π’•π’š π’ˆπ’Šπ’“π’ 𝑨𝑡𝑫 𝒂 𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒅-π’˜π’π’“π’Œπ’Šπ’π’ˆ π’˜π’π’Žπ’‚π’. LIKE FATHER, LIKE DAUGHTER. Charlie, also known as the jet-setter and...
49K 1.6K 26
A Red Room story of the Widow, and the Winter Soldier. Loosely based on their background and relationship in the comics, with inspiration drawn from...
758K 33K 11
Three months after Civil War, Bucky Barnes is forced out of his cryogenic state. The Avengers believe it's safe to hide him with Dakota Summers. Or s...
80.8K 4K 39
{A Romanogers Story} "Two countries, Russgard and Midgard, continuously at war for centuries long. King Joseph Rogers of Midgard has a plan to end it...